FNBO Billpay get $25 for signing up

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.fnbodirect.com/01d/html/en/site/assets/documents/etemplate/billpay/25index.html

To help you get started, FNBO Direct will give you $25* when you open a new FNBO Direct Online BillPay account and make a payment.
Paying bills has never been this easy - or this rewarding! Effortlessly manage your bills and watch your money grow. No more running to the post office for stamps or rushing to the mailbox the day a bill is due.

Online Billpay features include:

2.50% APY** on your funds
Exclusively for Online Savings Account owners
48-hour approval
Instant transfers between your FNBO Direct Online Savings Account and Online BillPay
FDIC insured
Superior online security

* Limited Time Bonus Offer: If you are a current FNBO Direct Online Savings Account customer, you can earn a $25.00 bonus for opening a new FNBO Direct BillPay Account. We will credit the bonus to your BillPay Account within 30 days after it is opened. In order to earn the bonus, your BillPay Account must remain open for 90 days and you must make at least one BillPay payment during that period (we reserve the right to deduct the amount of an unearned bonus from any account you have with us). This offer is only applicable to BillPay accounts opened after 03/25/08 and is limited to one bonus per household. This promotion is set to end on 04/30/08, however, we may change or discontinue this offer at any time. The FNBO Direct BillPay Account pays an annual percentage yield of 2.50%. The APY is accurate as of 03/25/08 and is subject to change. Fees may reduce earnings.

** This Annual Percentage Yield is accurate as of 03/25/08 and is subject to change after that date. Rates may also change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. There is no minimum balance to open the account or obtain the disclosed APY. See the Disclosures for additional information and limitations.

Copyright 2008 First National Bank of Omaha. All Rights Reserved. Online Savings Accounts offered by First National Bank of Omaha, Member FDIC. Deposits are insured to the maximum permitted by law.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wonder if that E-mail went out a day early since the offer only applies to accounts opened after 03/25/08. Today is 3/25... an account opened today does not technically qualify.

I received a similar HSBC offer - pay 3 bills to earn 25 dollars. I scheduled $1.00 today, tomorrow and thursday to my BoA card. Easiest $25.00 I ever made.

Sounds like an easy $25, but check the disclosures:

https://www.fnbodirect.com/01d/html/en/about_us/online_billpay_disclosure.html

There are two fees for Dormant accounts. I wonder what they consider a "dormant account".

"Dormant Accounts:

--New Dormant Accounts

$25.00

--BillPay Account (per month)

$5.00"

i also wonder if the transfers from online savings to the billpay account count as part of your 6 transfer limit per month

DavidScubadiver said: I wonder if that E-mail went out a day early since the offer only applies to accounts opened after 03/25/08. Today is 3/25... an account opened today does not technically qualify.

I noticed the fine print also and called FNBO. The CSR checked with a supervisor to verify that the promotion is in fact effective 3/25/08.

Squeezer99 said: i also wonder if the transfers from online savings to the billpay account count as part of your 6 transfer limit per month

Yes - if done online and not at an ATM. That is the whole point of the Billpay account. The Billpay account is a transaction account without any withdrawal limit. Expectation is to set up your bills, move money into that account, the bills will be paid and you will still make interest (less than the direct savings) on the money.

Q: when do they withdraw the money from the Billpay account? Is it on the bill start date, delivery date, or actual disbursement date.

if you already have an account with them, I wonder if they'll pull soft or hard for this new billpay account.

I signed up yesterday. I already had an Online Savings Account with them. The account is already open and the bonus has already posted. If I don't do at least one billpay then the bonus will be deducted.

Thanks OP. I signed up a few days ago and got my $25

free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money free money

DavidScubadiver said: I wonder if that E-mail went out a day early since the offer only applies to accounts opened after 03/25/08. Today is 3/25... an account opened today does not technically qualify.

I received a similar HSBC offer - pay 3 bills to earn 25 dollars. I scheduled $1.00 today, tomorrow and thursday to my BoA card. Easiest $25.00 I ever made.
I got a similar HSBC offer a couple months ago. Last week, I got another one from HSBC for $20 after 5 debit purchases - but only if done between April 1-30.

As per CSR:

Thank you for contacting FNBO Direct! We only perform soft pulls on
credit reports for the opening of our savings or BillPay accounts. Your
credit score will not be affected in any way by applying for a BillPay
account.

vetaldj said: As per CSR:

Thank you for contacting FNBO Direct! We only perform soft pulls on
credit reports for the opening of our savings or BillPay accounts. Your
credit score will not be affected in any way by applying for a BillPay
account.

Great, thanks. Nice to hear it is not even ChexSystem because I've opened too many CDs and reward checking accounts recently. My ChexSystem report mustn't look very nice.

FYI there is a "dormant account fee" with this new bill pay account. According to customer service:

FNBO CSR said: We consider an account "dormant" if there has been no activity for 90 days, after which we charge the initial $25.00. If the account remains dormant after 90 days, we asses a fee of $5.00 for every additional month the account stays dormant.

Any ideas on how easy it is to cancel BillPay once you sign up and get your $25? I definitely want to take advantage of the free $25, and I already have an FNBODirect savings account.

I set up a monthly transfer from Savings to Bill Pay, and a monthly auto-pay from Bill Pay to a credit card that I use regularly. The amounts involved are small, circa $5.

Of course, I may also use the Bill Pay for paying other bills as needed, but I thought that the auto-pilot transfers will guard against the dormancy features.

how's fnbodirect howadays? before the website was crappy and service was questionable. How is it now? I have like couple dollars there maybe I will go back

hmm I was trying to look up fnbodirect in fdic but can't find it, it says it's fdic insured but how come I can't find it in fdic?

okaythen said: how's fnbodirect howadays? before the website was crappy and service was questionable. How is it now? I have like couple dollars there maybe I will go back

hmm I was trying to look up fnbodirect in fdic but can't find it, it says it's fdic insured but how come I can't find it in fdic?

I have some money with them. Researched to make sure they are FDIC insured. Here are a few links:

FDIC certificate 5452

Bank Deals Blog Post on Legitimacy of FNBO Direct

-Snoopdogg1

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.