How to invest $30,000 ?!!

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
What is the best way to invest money say $30,000 in todays market? It's all my savings and I hardly get any interest in savings account.

Any ideas?!!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Vegas Baby, Vegas!

klm123 (Apr. 19, 2008 @ 1:30p) |

Get a fully loaded PowerMac and still have 2k left to blow.

m123456890 (Apr. 19, 2008 @ 1:45p) |

I'm far from a financial expert but here's a serious answer for you:

1. put $10K into a 4-year, 5% CD from National City ... (more)

swandown (Apr. 19, 2008 @ 11:07p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Screw investing, Buy a BMW

madeesin said: What is the best way to invest money say $30,000 in todays market? It's all my savings and I hardly get any interest in savings account.

Any ideas?!!
before you get any red, diehards.org is a better place to ask this type of question. the FWF masses frown on this type of post.

give it to me....

or you can buy some property

You should put it in a Bank of America regular savings account. It's their most popular account. APY 0.20%. You'll make a whopping $60 a year!!

Be a real trooper & help pay down the national debt with it. Uncle Sam would be proud.

madeesin said: What is the best way to invest money say $30,000 in todays market? It's all my savings and I hardly get any interest in savings account.

Any ideas?!!
Give it all to me as a penalty for not reading Finance FAQ #1

make it rain
hookers and blow
all on red

now no one has anything else to post, end thread

blok said: make it rain
hookers and blow
all on red

now no one has anything else to post, end thread

You forgot "pics?"

Buy pumpkin futures. I hear they peak in January.

Any ideas?!!

Don't listen to these guys- they are here to rip you off. The safest way is to paypal me: walletless@paypal.com and I will invest it for a guaranteed return of $15000 per year! That is 50%... I am sure you won't find that anywhere else.

As the saying goes...You and your $30,000 will soon be parted!

Might as well just give it to me!

$5k hookers

By a snake, some wicker baskets and a flute. I hear a snake charmer show is entertaining as heck. Take it on the road and get rich!

walletLess said: madeesin said: What is the best way to invest money say $30,000 in todays market? It's all my savings and I hardly get any interest in savings account.

Any ideas?!!

Don't listen to these guys- they are here to rip you off. The safest way is to paypal me: walletless@paypal.com and I will invest it for a guaranteed return of $15000 per year! That is 50%... I am sure you won't find that anywhere else.

i will do it for double of what he is offering you.

scott1961 said: Screw investing, Buy a BMW I personally consider purchasing a reliable car a good "investment" actually.

Peruvian economy is hot... invest in it... oh and gold too!!!

scott1961 said: Screw investing, Buy a BMW

YEAH! That is what I say. Some guy told me he bought an M6 for that.

Go to the bank and get 3 million pennies.

Continue hoarding pennies until no one else has any pennies left.

Demand for pennies rise, so sell your pennies for 5 cents each (since there will still be lots of nickels)

PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

OK, the kid deserves at least one serious answer, here goes-

1) Put your money in an FDIC insured 2 yr CD, there are still some that are paying around 4%.

2) Take the next two years, MINIMUM, and learn all you can about money/financing/investing.

3) Come back here and tell us what you have learned and why your question was ridiculed.

Any ideas?!!
Keep it there until you can answer that question yourself.

Sorry, but there was a real arrogance in the way you asked. It was as if you hadn't even bothered to consider that your common question had been obviously been asked, over and over and over and over, and you should have at least first tried a search of the forum. And you didn't even provide enough information, like how old you are, how much you make and already own, your debt condition, and how long you can do without the money.

48-month 5% CD at National City Bank.
Plus you won't be tempted to spend it.

robby69 said: 48-month 5% CD at National City Bank.
Plus you won't be tempted to spend it.

That's a great investment while we are experiencing the highest inflation in decades.

delzy said: robby69 said: 48-month 5% CD at National City Bank.Plus you won't be tempted to spend it.That's a great investment while we are experiencing the highest inflation in decades.

Its atleast double what he is getting now, until he can read up on investing.
Ok, I give... I changed my mind.. put it all on 17 Black.

flwsoldier said: Go to the bank and get 3 million pennies.

Continue hoarding pennies until no one else has any pennies left.

Demand for pennies rise, so sell your pennies for 5 cents each (since there will still be lots of nickels)

PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

You could get a VERY good start on this.

You could go to Detroit & buy about several houses, rent them all out & wait for them to appreciate again. But, really, I wouldn't offer more than $40 for the one in the ad. $100 is a rip off.

3000 square foot brick home for $100 + $3200 realtor fees + back taxes & water

On serious note: you can open a brokerage account and wait for them to credit you $1,000 bonus.

25k is the minimum to qualify for opening bonus. Then you withdraw.

Oh-oh: this way I'll be hearing from you again, after a week or two!

Any ideas?!!

Vegas Baby, Vegas!

Get a fully loaded PowerMac and still have 2k left to blow.

scott1961 said: Screw investing, Buy a BMW

I'm far from a financial expert but here's a serious answer for you:

1. put $10K into a 4-year, 5% CD from National City Bank link

2. put $10K into a 1-year, 4.4% CD from Alliant Credit Union link

3. put $10K into a Rewards Checking Account (anywhere from 5% to 6.25%) link

Also, if you haven't already invested in an IRA, I would take as much of that money as possible and put it into an IRA.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014