• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
In some states, Bond only covers like $13K ....

larryandsonja said: Short story: I won a small claims judgment and want this to show up on a person's credit report. I have his SSN. He was a contractor who screwed us. I've tried to locate him to take him and his bond company to Superior Court, but am having no luck (even after "finding" his credit report). So I'm guessing my best chance is to have it show up on his credit report in hopes that it will keep him from getting a loan until he pays me. He owns no property and declared bankruptcy before he screwed us.

Long story:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic.php?catid=52&threadid=813549&highlight_key=y&keyword1=

Can I just contact the credit bureaus? Any advice would be appreciated!

Did you docket the judgment? If not, do so. The credit reporting agencies often check dockets for judgments to place on individual's credit reports.

Also, can you legally sue the same person twice for the same thing? I am not a lawyer, but I think that the first judgment would have to be vacated. Good luck.

ifyouhavetoask said: You're doing all this because of $800?

You've wasted $1,600 worth of time trying to collect $800.

Even if you get the money, you still lose.

A smart businessman/woman knows when to take a loss and move on. Be one of those.

Being a smart businessman/woman has very little to do with revenge or justice. Those are quaint notions, best reserved for ex husbands or wives

Can't believe all you keyboard attorneys gave so much red to this post. This is spot on.

Go ahead and red me down, douchebags.

Update: I took some advice and got an attorney who will help me with the paperwork. We're going for triple damages plus attorney fees. In the end, this scammer will lose $6000+ for taking my $800. His bond company will pay me if I get the superior court judgment (which I'll get).

So I may have wasted $1600 worth of time chasing the $800, but I'll get $6000+ in the end and peace of mind plus some justice. Not bad.

How is the bond company liable for triple damages?

larryandsonja said: Update: I took some advice and got an attorney who will help me with the paperwork. We're going for triple damages plus attorney fees. In the end, this scammer will lose $6000+ for taking my $800. His bond company will pay me if I get the superior court judgment (which I'll get).

So I may have wasted $1600 worth of time chasing the $800, but I'll get $6000+ in the end and peace of mind plus some justice. Not bad.

Does that include the 2 chickens in the bush?

larryandsonja said: Update: I took some advice and got an attorney who will help me with the paperwork. We're going for triple damages plus attorney fees. In the end, this scammer will lose $6000+ for taking my $800. His bond company will pay me if I get the superior court judgment (which I'll get).

blah, blah, blah

bump the thread when you collect the money --- and we will tell you how to invest it

ColbyS said: ............ Go ahead and red me down, douchebags.

why the reference to vaginas?

Good luck with that.

fasttimes said: How is the bond company liable for triple damages?

In WA state, there is something called the Consumer Protection Act (RCW 19.86.090) which states that one could sue for treble damages if a business willfully takes advantage of a consumer. I have to sue this scammer 1st and name the bond company 2nd. They'll end up paying the tab because this guy is a loser.

codename47 said: Have your BROTHER served and when they knock on the door, have your BRO answer as your deadbeat. Then the cop will swear he served your deadbeat and your deadbeat won't show up to court. By the time anyone even almost even had a thought about what happened, you'd have your money.

You gotta do what you gotta do!

Yeah...you'll have your money...but if anyone finds out what you did, here are some terms you should become familiar with: fraud on the court, perjury, fraudulent service, contempt of court.
when's the last time you heard of a perjury conviction in a civil case? if they actively prosecuted liars in civil cases in los angeles they would have to put 50% of the people who testify in jail. the reason these cases even end up in trial is that ONE SIDE IS LYING so there is a triable issue of fact that goes to the jury... THEY decide who's lying and render a judgment accordingly.

ArbolLoco said: when's the last time you heard of a perjury conviction in a civil case?Bill Clinton?

Unlike all this off-topic talk here, I actually have an answer for the OP's question!

Online Collection agency that files credit bureau notification for ~$10 fee

The best way to collect a debt is to file a credit bureau notifiaction and let that "stew" for awhile. When the deadbeat goes to finance a car/home/rent an apt. in the future, they will come up against your nicely aged credit bureau notice. The deadbeat will come crawling to you, begging to pay!

Credit Bureau Reporting Service

This online company offers a ~$10 "instant collect" package with credit bureau notification...a cheap (FW) way to get into your deadbeat's credit bureau file. I don't know if you can get the actual judgement listed or just the debt itself, but you can contact these people with that question.

In some states you can send service of process to the secretary of state (of that state) often using a fill-in form for that purpose, sometimes downloadable from the website of that secretary of state, and/or from a court website. When you fill in the form, it has questions such as whether you can't locate the defendant, or what other reasons you have for serving the secretary of state. The way it works, the secretary of state effectively acts as the agent for service of process for missing persons and people who have moved out of state.

The prevailing party in a small claims action generally does not need to do ANYTHING to get a judgment to report.

This is usually handled entirely between the court clerk and the credit report services.

SUCKISSTAPLES said: The prevailing party in a small claims action generally does not need to do ANYTHING to get a judgment to report.

This is usually handled entirely between the court clerk and the credit report services.
in CA you have 30 days to satisfy the judgment before it is sent to the CRAs by the public record data mining companies.

when's the last time you heard of a perjury conviction in a civil case? if they actively prosecuted liars in civil cases in los angeles they would have to put 50% of the people who testify in jail. the reason these cases even end up in trial is that ONE SIDE IS LYING so there is a triable issue of fact that goes to the jury... THEY decide who's lying and render a judgment accordingly.
There is also Howard katz the michigan lawyer who got disbarred and jail time for falsifying certificates of service in hundreds of cases.

don't be like this guy

One case in particular that she said illustrates many of Katz's filings is when he sought to garnishee a woman's wages for an outstanding debt she allegedly had totaling $3.62. After he added in so-called late fees, interest and attorney fees, the judge said, Katz tried to collect more than $5,600.

"Maybe there's some fraud in that?" Moiseev said.

While state officials continue to investigate those claims, a Lincoln Park judge has accused Katz of wrongdoing in relation to cases he has in the local court.

Twenty-fifth District Judge David Bajorek has charged Katz with 308 counts of criminal contempt of court. Each is punishable by 30 days in jail and a $250 fine, meaning Katz faces the possibility of about 25 years in prison and a $77,000 fine if convicted.

you literally have to perjure yourself in hundreds of cases or in a trial being covered by the national news in order to get a perjury conviction or be a lawyer... they will go after a lawyer for perjury.

larryandsonja said: fasttimes said: How is the bond company liable for triple damages?

In WA state, there is something called the Consumer Protection Act (RCW 19.86.090) which states that one could sue for treble damages if a business willfully takes advantage of a consumer. I have to sue this scammer 1st and name the bond company 2nd. They'll end up paying the tab because this guy is a loser.

The bond may have an exclusion for fraud. You'll get your economic damages from them but they will not cover fraud, punitive damages, exemplary damages or treble damages and you will still be stuck trying to recover those from the deadbeat.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014