• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I got a postcard in the mail for this offer, and there were fliers all over the branch when I got there.

This is only at the Arundel Preserve Branch from what I was told. (The branch close to Arundel mills)

There is no minimum to open the account. If you sign up for e statements you get $100, and after the first DD you get another $50.

I'll try to get back and post a scan of the offer sometime soon.

Hopefully some of you in the area can get in on this, its a small bank so their bonuses are usually much easier to get.[/L]

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I opened a checking account at Signal Financial Credit Union and it is looking like collecting the bonus might be troubl... (more)

fishbane (Jun. 10, 2008 @ 9:31a) |

Opened my account at Columbia Ban (arundel location) and was offered the $100 for signing up for on-linebanking. Was al... (more)

gumbydamnit (Jun. 14, 2008 @ 11:38a) |

Does ING count as DD, or it has to be payroll?

viptext (Aug. 08, 2008 @ 9:53p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Couldn't have happened to more deserving people than residents of Bodymore, Murderland

We've had our share of bank sign up bonuses here I must admit.

Combined with Verbalk's Nasa deal
Technique's 150 PNC deal
Kayakmans 150 OTS Susquehana deal
And a few others, its been prety good here on the sign up bonuses.

There is also a new 100 from M&T for their Direct Checking. I'll post a topic on that later on when I get a chance.

I opened a M&T Direct Checking, made trial deposits from HSBC and got $100 next day.

There is also a $101 bonus for opening a checking account w/DD at Signal Financial Credit Union.

On their homepage here: https://www.sfonline.org/.
There is a write up on bank deals about a similar expired Signal Financial bonus. The current one is good through 6-30.
http://bankdeals.blogspot.com/2007/11/539-24-month-528-12-month-cd-at-dc.html
Field of membership includes anyone who lives, works, or worships inside the capital beltway.

Minoritydan said: I got a postcard in the mail for this offer, and there were fliers all over the branch when I got there.

This is only at the Arundel Preserve Branch from what I was told. (The branch close to Arundel mills)

There is no minimum to open the account. If you sign up for e statements you get $100, and after the first DD you get another $50.

Hopefully some of you in the area can get in on this, its a small bank so their bonuses are usually much easier to get.[/L]

Here are the address and hours. I may try this or next weekend.

Locations Results
Arundel Preserve

7692 Dorchester Boulevard
Hanover, MD 21076
Phone: 410.799.6680
STAR/ATM Available: Yes
Coin Counter Available: Yes
Get Directions

Office Hours
Lobby Drive Up
Sunday - -
Monday 9-5 7:30-7
Tuesday 9-5 7:30-7
Wednesday 9-5 7:30-7
Thursday 9-5 7:30-7
Friday 9-6 7:30-7
Saturday 9-2 9-2

I'm in... a hard pull on EQ though. I almost backed out but after driving that far into the God forsaken, McMansion strewn suburbs... I decided I needed some sort of compensation.

VerbalK said: I'm in... a hard pull on EQ though. I almost backed out but after driving that far into the God forsaken, McMansion strewn suburbs... I decided I needed some sort of compensation.

I'm sorry I totally forgot to mention that!

Lots of McMansion's next to that freakin ghetto Mall! Glad you got some compensation out of it.

fishbane said: There is also a $101 bonus for opening a checking account w/DD at Signal Financial Credit Union.

On their homepage here: https://www.sfonline.org/.
There is a write up on bank deals about a similar expired Signal Financial bonus. The current one is good through 6-30.
http://bankdeals.blogspot.com/2007/11/539-24-month-528-12-month-cd-at-dc.html
Field of membership includes anyone who lives, works, or worships inside the capital beltway.

Any idea if this too results in a hardpull? I will probably need some EQ bumping before my next AOR (at 3 or 4 now), but might not want to push my luck with too many INQs

Minoritydan said: VerbalK said: I'm in... a hard pull on EQ though. I almost backed out but after driving that far into the God forsaken, McMansion strewn suburbs... I decided I needed some sort of compensation.

I'm sorry I totally forgot to mention that!

Lots of McMansion's next to that freakin ghetto Mall! Glad you got some compensation out of it.

That's the "ghetto" mall? Try living next to Mondawmin or Security. I'll take the lake trout and check cashing joints over Panera Bread and the Starbucks any day.

Not sure about the hard pull from Signal Financial and I didn't find it in the hard pull thread. I plan to try it out in the near future, but was waiting since I have a couple direct deposit promotions in the works and don't want to be changing my payroll DD too much = more than once per month - I only get paid twice per month.

I have that NASA one to claim and I'm not sure if I will be able to get the bonus w/o an actual payroll dd. I also opened a checking account with Provident Bank for $100 bonus w/direct deposit at the College Park branch. I was in Shoppers for other reasons and just happened to see it on the last day of the promotion (May 15th). I'm gonna try pay pal and an ACH before changing dd with payroll. Does any one have experience with getting DD bonus from either of those places? I didn't see them in the ACH as DD thread.

Provident didn't hard pull me, but unfortunately that promo is over. I plan to do the Signal Financial one after qualifying for the bonuses with those places or after finding out I need to change my payroll and doing them all at once.

Thanks dear.
Could you please post the link or write promotion code so that other members like me can avail this offer (M&T Bank 100$ bonus) too.
Thanks in advance.
sainipk

sainipk said: Thanks dear.
Could you please post the link or write promotion code so that other members like me can avail this offer (M&T Bank 100$ bonus) too.
Thanks in advance.
sainipk

There is no promotion code. On their website, it only states $50 bonus, M&T Bank.
However, the flyers in all branches in MD (Fredericks & Hagerstown) states $100.
BTW, no hard pull from M&T bank for opening checking account.

Anyone know when the Columbia bankd and M&T bank promotions expire?

offer scan

Ok, I saved as a pdf, but couldnt figure out how to upload that to Photobucket. Anyway, here is the scan I said I'd upload. Had to find the time after the beach weekend.

fishbane said: Anyone know when the Columbia bankd and M&T bank promotions expire?

Columbia says 8/31/08 - but I'd bet they kill this deal sooner as is usually the case.

I had a voicemail today from Cecilia, the lady who opened my checking account. She said she verified that I had signed up for online statements and she credited me the $100.

She said to call her back and tell her I am setting up DD and she would credit my account the $50 as well. I logged on and verified that I have the $100 credit to my checking account.

Thanks, Tontot.
As you advised, I opened the account(direct checking, M&T Bank) online & I do see $50 bonus credited into my account after I sent trial deposits from HSBC. Is there a way that I can get full $100? Did i miss something?
Thanks & have a wonderful weekend.
sainipk

sainipk said: Thanks, Tontot.
As you advised, I opened the account(direct checking, M&T Bank) online & I do see $50 bonus credited into my account after I sent trial deposits from HSBC. Is there a way that I can get full $100? Did i miss something?
Thanks & have a wonderful weekend.
sainipk

When I opened my M&T Direct Checking Last week, I asked them to show me the terms for the $100 in writing. It was in the packet of information the lady gave me.

Did you get this?

Here is a scan of the terms I was given. Compare it to what you have.

M&T Scan

(I just zoomed to the relevant info)

Thanks so much.
You are right. I opened this account online & do not have any kind of supporting documention. Could u pl post the the full page scan of the promotion so that I can talk to them & get the remaining $50?
Thanks again & Have a nice weekend.
sainipk

Thanks so much.
You are right. I opened this account online & do not have any kind of supporting documention. Could u pl post the the full page scan of the promotion so that I can talk to them & get the remaining $50?
Thanks again & Have a nice weekend.
sainipk

Looks like the M&T bank $100 deal is dead. I tried to open one today at the Greenbelt, MD brach and was told it ended May 31st for the direct checking account.

They had advertisements for a $100 bonus for a checking outside, but I was told it was for the Select checking which has a $14/month fee unless a $5000 balance is maintained in the account. You can also get the fee waived with a $10,000 relationship balance. Either way that kills the deal for me. I didn't ask how long the new deal was good for.

I tried to open Columbia Bank and they refused because I am out of state. They claimed that they are a SMALL community bank and only wanted local account holders.

I opened a checking account at Signal Financial Credit Union and it is looking like collecting the bonus might be trouble. There was no hard inquiry on opening, only chexsystems. It was weird the women called chexsystems directly becasue she said some message came up when checking me out about a lot of inquiries or something. She called and I saw her writing down the name of a bunch of banks and dates. It looked to be a pretty complete list of all the banks I recently opened accounts with. She didn't do anything about it though and still let me open an account.

After opening I saw what I think was a new $101 bonus flyer which said "entire net paycheck." I don't recall those words on there before, but it looks like it might be some Metropolitan Bankesque shenanigans and for half the bonus money. I also thumbed through their fees disclosure and saw one for an inactive account. Might regret opening this, but I think it will work out...

Opened my account at Columbia Ban (arundel location) and was offered the $100 for signing up for on-linebanking. Was also offered $50 for Direct Deposit. They did do a hard pull on Equifax. No minimum on checking.

Does ING count as DD, or it has to be payroll?

Minoritydan said: I got a postcard in the mail for this offer, and there were fliers all over the branch when I got there.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014