• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For those who are in the greater Philly area you can get a Free (Garmin Nuvi 200) if you open a checking account with Bryn Mawr Trust bank. The only requirement is that you make two direct deposit before September and open checking with a minimum of $25. They didnít say when this offer will end, but someone at the branch said it might last until the end of June.

You have to go to one of their branches to do this, but it is worth it in my opinion. Oh I am not being paid for this posting.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I'm going to set this up on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.

mike212 (Jun. 18, 2008 @ 5:46p) |

My NUVI from Discover card arrived Monday via DHL.

colewj (Jun. 18, 2008 @ 7:15p) |

Heads up for those who went for the deal, I've received mine yesterday.

webcobra (Aug. 12, 2008 @ 10:36a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

webcobra said: For those who are in the greater Philly area you can get a Free (Garmin Nuvi 200) if you open a checking account with Bryn Mawr Trust bank. The only requirement is that you make two direct deposit before September and open checking with a minimum of $25. They didnít say when this offer will end, but someone at the branch said it might last until the end of June.

You have to go to one of their branches to do this, but it is worth it in my opinion. Oh I am not being paid for this posting.


Even if you are paid it's a good deal!

sweet, thanks OP

It's not that I doubt webcobra, but might anyone have a link to a press release, print ad, newspaper story, etc., confirming this deal?

I'd hate to spend the time and effort getting to a Bryn Mawr bank when I'm in eastern PA early next week, only to be met with a blank stare from the bank employee when I ask about the free Garmin Nuvi 200.

Also, I'd appreciate a bit of explanation regarding having to make two direct deposits. Does it mean an employer has to do direct deposit of salary to the account (or the government direct deposit one's Social Security check to the account), or are there simpler, smaller type transactions which would qualify?

Potentially an excellent deal, I'd just like some verification and clarification, is all.

Here's the scan of ad in the Philli Inquirer from last ad on Sunday 5/31/08. It is not on their web-site, but call them if you want the details. I opened an account at Paoli and the flyers were all over the place. It does not matter where the Direct deposit comes from (work, Gov etc...) as long as they get two from a single source. My work allows me three direct deposit, so one of these will go to this account. The bank does not have requirements to the amount that needs to to be direct deposit, but if you what to make sure call them. They are very helpful. PM me with your email address if you want a larger picture of the scan.

http://img.Photobucket.com/albums/v232/webcobra/bm.jpg

Ben

12345Michael54321 said: It's not that I doubt webcobra, but might anyone have a link to a press release, print ad, newspaper story, etc., confirming this deal?

I'd hate to spend the time and effort getting to a Bryn Mawr bank when I'm in eastern PA early next week, only to be met with a blank stare from the bank employee when I ask about the free Garmin Nuvi 200.

Also, I'd appreciate a bit of explanation regarding having to make two direct deposits. Does it mean an employer has to do direct deposit of salary to the account (or the government direct deposit one's Social Security check to the account), or are there simpler, smaller type transactions which would qualify?

Potentially an excellent deal, I'd just like some verification and clarification, is all.

Or you could call to verify...

12345Michael54321 said: It's not that I doubt webcobra, but might anyone have a link to a press release, print ad, newspaper story, etc., confirming this deal?

I'd hate to spend the time and effort getting to a Bryn Mawr bank when I'm in eastern PA early next week, only to be met with a blank stare from the bank employee when I ask about the free Garmin Nuvi 200.

Also, I'd appreciate a bit of explanation regarding having to make two direct deposits. Does it mean an employer has to do direct deposit of salary to the account (or the government direct deposit one's Social Security check to the account), or are there simpler, smaller type transactions which would qualify?

Potentially an excellent deal, I'd just like some verification and clarification, is all.

Usorry said: Or you could call to verify...
Yeah, but since it was Saturday afternoon, I thought I'd ask about verification here, rather than wait until Monday when I could call the bank about it.

You can get that same GPS here by applying (and getting approved) for a Discover credit card. Nationwide (but hard credit history pull is involved).

anyone know if there is a hard pull for this?

$160 value, thanks OP. I wonder if they will file a 1099 under the list price of $419 rather than the market value of about $160. Or if they will file a 1099 at all. Anyone have experience with non-cash gifts from bank promotions?

I'll try to stop by a branch this week with a copy of the ad scan, thanks for scanning that btw!

When I did the Key Bank promo for iPod Nano they sent me a 1099 for $149. I'm pretty sure we'll get one from this deal too - I just hope the amount is a little more realistic than $419

omarECD said: $160 value, thanks OP. I wonder if they will file a 1099 under the list price of $419 rather than the market value of about $160. Or if they will file a 1099 at all. Anyone have experience with non-cash gifts from bank promotions?

I'll try to stop by a branch this week with a copy of the ad scan, thanks for scanning that btw!

C'mon, how hard is it to print the starting page that says "$169.99 value"?

What are you talking about?

cyberkost said: C'mon, how hard is it to print the starting page that says "$169.99 value"?

webcobra said: What are you talking about?
cyberkost said: C'mon, how hard is it to print the starting page that says "$169.99 value"?

I'm talking about getting same GPS through a cc application (for those not in Philly area) and a possibility of IRS taxing you on the (potentially exaggerated) value of the GPS and how to deal with it should it happen. Read SSG's post 3 posts above and mine 3 posts above his.

I'm in the Philly area, but I think I'll pass on this.

I'm in Philly, about to drive out there now. Can anyone confirm if eTrade / ING ACH pushes count for the direct deposits? I would assume yes, but with a small bank, not too sure.

cyberkost said: You can get that same GPS here by applying (and getting approved) for a Discover credit card. Nationwide (but hard credit history pull is involved).

Has anyone applied for this card through this offer? How long did it take for the GPS to arrive?

there is no hard credit pull, just chex systems verification, requirements (direct deposit) need to be met by Sept, GPS is sent in Oct.

I talked to Discover and be aware that the offer is not from Discover. You are going through something else that requires other things to get the GPS. Sounds like it is one of those sites where you have to do a certain number of offers to get things and you seem to never run out of things you need to sign up for.

eilros said: cyberkost said: You can get that same GPS here by applying (and getting approved) for a Discover credit card. Nationwide (but hard credit history pull is involved).

Has anyone applied for this card through this offer? How long did it take for the GPS to arrive?

I applied for it. all you hv to do is fill out ur name/addres on first form then they transfer u to secure discover site and you fill all other personal info to apply for the card. Once you get the card activate it and use it once(at least).

I made my first purchase on June 6th and on 13th i got an email from them saying my gps has been shipped with tracking number. It was really fast.

For more details look at the discussion in hot deals section: link

I'm going to set this up on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.

My NUVI from Discover card arrived Monday via DHL.

Heads up for those who went for the deal, I've received mine yesterday.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014