• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get a 20% mileage bonus on AMEX Membership Rewards points transferred between June 10 and July 31, 2008.

Register first and transfer to your skymiles account.

I searched and found no one had posted it. I guess it is worth a thread.


Delta Amex 20% mileage bonus


Though on the page it says "This offer is open only to recipients of this mailing", so far nobody gets problems of registering on the website. But as reported here no one has transferred the pts yet after registry. I'll keep it undated.


P.S. did anyone know any mileage bonus for transferring to other airlines like Continental?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
25K miles for a typical weekend trip
ATL-MSP Friday, Dec 12 @ 17:40
MSP-ATL Sunday, Dec 14 @ 18:55

You have to make sure bo... (more)

DeGlass (Oct. 31, 2008 @ 12:43p) |

I have a few miles sitting around, so that's good to know, thanks!

Floydian (Oct. 31, 2008 @ 2:10p) |

"marge, you're soaking in it!"

i am, at the moment, flying on an intl premium award ticket (SFO-LAX-LHR l'espace affaires... (more)

henare (Oct. 31, 2008 @ 7:55p) |

Get a 20% mileage bonus on Membership Rewards points transferred between September 11 and October 17, 2008.

Should be available to everyone, because you can navigate to the page from Delta.com

Link
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I hate Delta Just transferred 60K miles last night and booked tickets.

That 20% mileage bonus doesn't come close to covering the increase in mileage requirements they implemented recently before you can book award travel. My wife and I were looking at tickets to Hawaii last week, and some regular coach tickets cost 150,000 miles (instead of the 35,000 they used to cost). Many airlines are hurting, and with that their frequent flyer programs turn to crap.

Thanks OP. For those that would like a quick 30000 points click for 25000 here

dealcather said: I hate Delta Just transferred 60K miles last night and booked tickets.

Sorry to hear that but I just found it tonight. I would have posted it earlier if I had known it before.

Btw, how did you transfer the points to Delta skymiles? I can only found the "MileageManager Annual SubscriptionMileageManager3,000 points" is available. Am I using a DOWNGRADED membership rewards program? I used to see Delta, continental, southwest etc are available for transferring the points.

cheezedawg said: That 20% mileage bonus doesn't come close to covering the increase in mileage requirements they implemented recently before you can book award travel. My wife and I were looking at tickets to Hawaii last week, and some regular coach tickets cost 150,000 miles (instead of the 35,000 they used to cost). Many airlines are hurting, and with that their frequent flyer programs turn to crap.

Was it because the price itself is too high? I know usually fixed point/mileage tickets have blackout and are always available for any time or any itinerary.

Citi Thankyou points increase their fixed point amount for some international airlines too. UA mileage plus follows also.

dealcather said: I hate Delta Just transferred 60K miles last night and booked tickets.
I transferred 105,000 points on 5/30, after first diligently searching exactly for this type of bonus. Bad timing!

jackcrawfish said: Thanks OP. For those that would like a quick 30000 points click for 25000 here
Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't get the full 25,000 AMEX Membership Rewards Points until after the 20% promotion has ended. Excerpted from the promotion terms in the post you linked to:

Upon the Basic Cardmember's first purchase, a one-time bonus of 5,000 points can be earned toward the Basic Business Gold Rewards Cardmember's Membership Rewards account. These bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account 6 to 8 weeks after your first eligible purchase appears on your monthly billing statement. In addition, after you spend $1,000 on your Business Gold Rewards Card before October 31, 2008, 20,000 bonus points will appear on your monthly billing statement within 6-8 weeks. These bonuses will appear as separate credits of 5,000 and 20,000 bonus points.

Those additional 20,000 bonus points will likely appear on your billing statements 6-8 weeks after the final qualifying date for the promotion: 10/31/08. At least, that's what I've been told and that's what happened with me for other AMEX promotions that required $X of purchases by a given date.

Finally, the 25K promotion terms indicate that this is available to "first time" Business Gold Card members. I don't know how strictly AMEX enforces that type of thing.

"This offer is open only to recipients of this mailing."

skibum43 said: "This offer is open only to recipients of this mailing."
I haven't received any mailing so far, and I registered successfully at the link for both my wife's and my skymiles number. Messages displayed indicating that registration was successful.

Edit: Of course, it might not work for everyone, but it's still worth a try.

skibum43 said: "This offer is open only to recipients of this mailing."

Actually I just signed up my skymiles account and enrolled it tonight. It says my account has been enrolled successfully. I didn't have a Delta account before tonight so I don't think you are required to receive "physical" promotion mail. Just input your account number and register. That's it.

DreamSun said:
Actually I just signed up my skymiles account and enrolled it tonight. It says my account has been enrolled successfully. I didn't have a Delta account before tonight so I don't think you are required to receive "physical" promotion mail. Just input your account number and register. That's it.


That still doesn't mean you will get the bonus. People need to know that this is YMMV and potentially may not get the bonus. I've had to follow up on a number of AMEX MR bonuses to make sure I've gotten them. This is great if you were planning to transfer the points anyway, but there is a risk if you are counting on getting the bonus and did not receive the mailer.

I just transferred 25K miles 2 weeks back

cheezedawg said: My wife and I were looking at tickets to Hawaii last week, and some regular coach tickets cost 150,000 miles (instead of the 35,000 they used to cost).
Flights are completely full thanks to capacity cutbacks and its going to be very, very difficult to get tickets at the lowest redemption levels. Delta Platinum flyers however have a better chance as Delta makes more seats available to them.

bozo007 said: cheezedawg said: My wife and I were looking at tickets to Hawaii last week, and some regular coach tickets cost 150,000 miles (instead of the 35,000 they used to cost).
Flights are completely full thanks to capacity cutbacks and its going to be very, very difficult to get tickets at the lowest redemption levels. Delta Platinum flyers however have a better chance as Delta makes more seats available to them.
Exactly why I am not thrilled with a 20% mileage bonus. We have done pretty good with our mileage rewards card in the past, but with the current frequent flyer environment there are much better rewards out there.

Sounds good to me as long as you have the 'pay with miles options'.
I was looking at some flights today a few months out and still found some flights to the New England area that are cheaper than me driving the full way (6-8hrs).

Probably targeted. I received an error message for me and DW

Signed up, no error message. Green for OP.

Didn't get the mail, but I was able to register. Thanks OP.

Anyone transfer miles and get the bonus yet?

The wording is kind of vague as to when you actually get the bonus:
"Bonus miles will be posted up to 6 weeks from the promotion expiration date of July 31, 2008."

Last year, the bonus posted about 4 weeks after the mileage transfer.

Anyone transfer miles and get the bonus yet?

The wording is kind of vague as to when you actually get the bonus:
"Bonus miles will be posted up to 6 weeks from the promotion expiration date of July 31, 2008."

Last year, the bonus posted about 4 weeks after the mileage transfer.
I have not yet tranferred the points... Still evaluating where best place to park my points is (given the upcoming merger devaluing point effectiveness)
glxpass said ... Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't get the full 25,000 AMEX Membership Rewards Points until after the 20% promotion has ended....Those additional 20,000 bonus points will likely appear on your billing statements 6-8 weeks after the final qualifying date for the promotion: 10/31/08. At least, that's what I've been told and that's what happened with me for other AMEX promotions that required $X of purchases by a given date...My experience with the 20000 bonus points was rather quick (approximately 60 days - {4/23 to 6/16}):

04/23/2008 - applied and approved for card (first time cardholder)
05/14/2008 - First statement cuts with $505 balance
05/16/2008 - Purchase pushes account past the $1000 minimum purchase requirement to receive bonus points.
05/20/2008 - online payment to payoff card in full
05/20/2008 - I check my Rewards Statement detail and find 20,000 pending points as "5/1/2008" transaction date for "BGR Spring08/Spend$1k-20K pts"
06/13/2008 - 2nd statement cuts with $0 balance
06/16/2008 - I check my Rewards Statement detail and find 505 earned points "6/1/2008" transaction date (from 5/14/2008 stmt purchase activity)
06/16/2008 - On same Rewards Statement detail and find that the 20,000 pending points are now earned points

jackcrawfish, thanks for relating your experience. It was certainly a quicker turn-around time that I had. Regardless, if someone is just starting out with the Gold Rewards deal today, it's going to be a tight squeeze to get those points in time. I know though that sometimes you can faciliate the process by calling AMEX membership rewards, and asking them to credit your bonus right away. As we like to say, YMMV.

I just transfered 25k today (immediate processing on the DL website, I'm impressed )...

Lets see if a) I even get the miles at all because I wasn't part of the mailer and b) duration of processing

skibum43 said: Anyone transfer miles and get the bonus yet?

The wording is kind of vague as to when you actually get the bonus:
"Bonus miles will be posted up to 6 weeks from the promotion expiration date of July 31, 2008."

Last year, the bonus posted about 4 weeks after the mileage transfer.



Anybody? It would really help if somebody reports back positive or negative.

I would only transfer my points if they are going to give this 20% bonus, otherwise AMEX Rewards - Pay with Points has the same point to dollar ratio as the Delta Pay with Miles (1:1) and offers you more airline and flight options.

Before transferring AMEX MR points to Delta, I recommend you read this Flyer Talk thread. It discusses the fact that Delta is revising their SkyMiles Reward structure. It looks like they're going to a 3-tier structure. It used to be that you could count on 25K giving you a SkySaver domestic round-trip ticket. The 3-tier structure now relegates that to the least expensive option. Any bets as to how that will affect availability of Award tickets at that 25K level?

And this is only one of several changes to SkyMiles. Keep in mind that once those AMEX points go to Delta, they are pretty much stuck there; you can't transfer them directly to another FF program or to a hotel program. Now, if you're committed to flying Delta no matter what, or if you're flying Delta in the near future, then you'd weigh the value of the 20% bonus differently.

In summary, consider carefully how you want to use those AMEX MR points.

santijs said: I just transfered 25k today (immediate processing on the DL website, I'm impressed )...

Lets see if a) I even get the miles at all because I wasn't part of the mailer and b) duration of processing


Let me say that I transferred 25k miles from AMEX to Delta on July 17 and I'm still waiting the bonus to post...

Please let us know if the bonus posted for you and when.

TIA

Little

I transferred in mid June ( didn't receive the mailer) and haven't seen the bonus yet. Has anyone gotten the bonus?

skibum43 said: I transferred in mid June ( didn't receive the mailer) and haven't seen the bonus yet. Has anyone gotten the bonus?

Bonus was credited tonight.

santijs said: I just transfered 25k today (immediate processing on the DL website, I'm impressed )...

Lets see if a) I even get the miles at all because I wasn't part of the mailer and b) duration of processing


Got my bonus! woo woo!

Got mine as well.

Got mine too.

Offer Live again

Till 10/17/2008



EugeneV said: 30% until the end of the year
It sounds like Delta is trying to rope people in, now that they've changed their SkyMiles structure to three tiers. For example, on domestic flights:

Before the change (R/T):
                     SkySaver          SkyChoice
Coach                 25K               50K
Premium               45K               90K
Now (One-Way):
                     Low               Medium          High
Coach                 12.5K             20K            30K
Premium               22.5K             40K            50K


As you can guess, it will be even more difficult to find 25K R/T SkyMiles flights. See the current SkyMiles Awards Chart for more information.

Although other airlines will probably eventually institute a similar rewards structure, I'd recommend taking the Delta change into consideration before moving your AMEX membership rewards points to Delta.

glxpass said: EugeneV said: 30% until the end of the year
It sounds like Delta is trying to rope people in, now that they've changed their Skymiles structure to three tiers. For example, on domestic flights:

Before the change (R/T):
                     SkySaver          SkyChoice
Coach                 25K               50K
Premium               45K               90K
Now (One-Way):
                     Low               Medium          High
Coach                 12.5K             20K            30K
Premium               22.5K             40K            50K


As you can guess, it will be even more difficult to find 25K R/T Skymiles flights. See the current SkyMiles Awards Chart for more information.

Although other airlines will probably eventually institute a similar rewards structure, I'd recommend taking the Delta change into consideration before moving your AMEX membership rewards points to Delta.

I haven't had any trouble getting domestic award tix. E.g. SEA-BOS is filled with "low" days.

OTOH, int'l premium is a whole different ball game. It is pretty much impossible to get more than 1 award ticket in business, if you can find one to begin with.

Thanks OP and EugeneV.

DeGlass said: glxpass said: EugeneV said: 30% until the end of the year
It sounds like Delta is trying to rope people in, now that they've changed their Skymiles structure to three tiers. For example, on domestic flights:

Before the change (R/T):
                     SkySaver          SkyChoice
Coach                 25K               50K
Premium               45K               90K
Now (One-Way):
                     Low               Medium          High
Coach                 12.5K             20K            30K
Premium               22.5K             40K            50K


As you can guess, it will be even more difficult to find 25K R/T Skymiles flights. See the current SkyMiles Awards Chart for more information.

Although other airlines will probably eventually institute a similar rewards structure, I'd recommend taking the Delta change into consideration before moving your AMEX membership rewards points to Delta.

I haven't had any trouble getting domestic award tix. E.g. SEA-BOS is filled with "low" days.

OTOH, int'l premium is a whole different ball game. It is pretty much impossible to get more than 1 award ticket in business, if you can find one to begin with.


So for kicks, I tried out an ATL - MSP roundtrip in December, using both "Low" days. The price keeps coming up as "32,500 miles." I'm not exactly sure Delta is advertising the "Low" days correctly in their booking calendar. If I use a date further out, I can use two "Low" days to get a flight for 25,000 miles, as advertised, and as expected.

Is there a difference in "Low" days I'm not aware of? Granted, I'm new to the Delta reward system, but it seems a bit fishy to me...

Floydian said:
So for kicks, I tried out an ATL - MSP roundtrip in December, using both "Low" days. The price keeps coming up as "32,500 miles." I'm not exactly sure Delta is advertising the "Low" days correctly in their booking calendar. If I use a date further out, I can use two "Low" days to get a flight for 25,000 miles, as advertised, and as expected.

Is there a difference in "Low" days I'm not aware of? Granted, I'm new to the Delta reward system, but it seems a bit fishy to me...

25K miles for a typical weekend trip
ATL-MSP Friday, Dec 12 @ 17:40
MSP-ATL Sunday, Dec 14 @ 18:55

You have to make sure both the outbound and inbound flights qualify for "Low"; there can be both "Low" and "Medium" flights on the same day.

There are many new fees to look out for: $100 for partner redemptions, $100 for changes/cancellation, $75+ for booking within 21 days. But the above itineray books on DL metal so it will just be $37 in taxes.

Skipping 2 Messages...
DeGlass said: OTOH, int'l premium is a whole different ball game. It is pretty much impossible to get more than 1 award ticket in business, if you can find one to begin with.

"marge, you're soaking in it!"

i am, at the moment, flying on an intl premium award ticket (SFO-LAX-LHR l'espace affaires on air france). i have another one booked for mid next year SFO-AMS ... not at all impossible. you just have to pay attention. for instance, when air france announced earlier in the year that they were going to offer some new trips permitted by the "open skies" agreement i jumped on it ...

the pile of extra fees on the award tickets do, indeed, suck.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014