Visa Signature vs Mastercard World

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I recently got 'the letter' to get promoted to a Mastercard World on a Chase Freedom, but I'm wondering if Visa Signature is better. I did a search and didn't find any existing conversation on the matter. Any opinions on which is better?

From what I see, it appears Mastercard World is better:
Warranty extension
Price protection
Travel trip cancellation

Links used:

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/aboutourcards/credit/world_card_benefits.html
http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/benefits/index.html?it=h4|/personal/cards/benefits/signature_shopping_offers.jsp|Card%20Benefits

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

mastercard warranty extension only applies if the original warranty is one year or less, and doubles the warranty up to a year.

visa warranty extension applies regardless of length of warranty, doubling it up to a max of one extra year.

It seems to me (and I haven't done a close comparison) that Visa is better than Mastercard in most areas that matter. American Express, of course, seems better than that.

got the same letter for my chase freedom.

I already have the visa signature through fidelity.

wonder if the chase card comes with the concierge?

go with visa signature

and I am not just saying this becuase I own their stock.

Also rcvd something similar:

Cash Rewards Card to World MasterCard with no Pre-Set Limit

Seems to be their subtle way of no longer reporting actual limits

it think it's actually depend in the card issuers and additional features offered by them . i personally like the citi premier pass elite world mastercard . you can earn double miles when you purchase the tickets with it .

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.