• 1 2 3459
  • Page
  • Text Only
For those of you that B* is coming back, did you use a TU service to do so? What about those that are using an EX service? I bumped 20+ off w/ EX service and am anxious (to hopefully not see) them come back.

I wonder if TU is opening itself up to some legal repercussions.

I had 3 inq reappear today. I had used credit secure to bump them off. Not the end of the world but I guess I will be dropping credit secure.

tuffghost said: ...a data point for myself, when I pulled my report today through Keybank My Privacy Matters, my TU inquirys were still at 0. I bumped off about 5 TU's a few months ago.

I agree with many others who aren't too concerned about this since it is TU. Most of my creditors never pull TU, my main concern is my 22 EQ inquirys
some members here remind me of how ants respond when their home has been destroyed by a 4 year old.... run run run panic panic panic.... the rolling strategy will now have more mass appeal...

btw... I had 4 inq from this year reappear on my 7/2 reports from AMEXCS, NCIDProtect AND TrueCredit.

got to admit Transunion was pretty smart. They had people paying them years to use there service for B* then they went back and added all those inquiries. So for the last couple of years they were able to increase there cash flow and pump up there profits for wall street etc.

Who I really fell sorry is people who did massive rolling App-O-Rama and were using 6-7-8 services to bump inquires off. Those people ranked up 50+ inquiries. Just image the kinda of adverse action they are going to get.

Yesterday I had 1 TransUnion . Today I have 6 TransUnion.

alchemize said: I wonder if TU is opening itself up to some legal repercussions.

Maybe from lenders who would not have given people with 20 inqs (which they can see now but couldn't earlier) a credit line. I don't see how any consumer would have a successful case against them.

I did have on Apr-2008 inqury re-appear today on AMEX-CS.
However, 2 of past inquries dated with March-2008 do not show up.

Sintax said: Time to freeze TU if this happens.

Too bad a freeze doesn't stop account review inquiries.

Guess I'll have to remove my red. My inquiries showed back up.

I don't really care though. Even when doing AORs I haven't been denied for 'too many inquiries'. I donly encountered this when I started building my credit. Once your file is established, I don't think their impact is as severe, aside from the score drop.

Pulled my report today. Nothing so far. I did also have 2 inquiries from yesterday that didn't show even though I got the alerts.

No inquiry changes for me on TU thus far. Still showing just 1. Recently completed bumpage of 8 or so inquiries from recent mini AOR.

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if bumpage on TU is indeed finished. If so, TU has made things very simple regarding my monthly 14.95 donation...

I just checked PM123 and 6 TU inquiries have returned. They had been bumped about 2 months ago.

Edit - My score didn't change though.. but it is PM123 so who knows with them.

Just pulled my my True Credit report, and I'm still showing 0 TU inquirys and 22 EQ.

I did see mention on CreditBoards that those who are getting their inquirys back are also showing choppage of their soft inquirys on their full Transunion reports! This makes me wonder, is this how TU "fixed" the problem, through this choppage. I don't have access to my TU report but I pulled my full EQ report using CWG this morning and I still show all my soft hits, including those from TruCredit and PrivacyMatters, now up to 137 softs.

The thing that confuses me is that "Transunion" is both a provider of the credit reporting services TruCredit, PrivacyMatters, etc. but TU is also one of the CRAs itself. And just as it is possible to pull all 3 credit bureaus using one Transunion product, it is also possible to view a Transunion report using a non-TU product such as Credit Secure.

OP said Within the next week, all appropriate hard inquiries that have been inadvertently bumped off of any report pulled through one of TransUnion's websites within the last two years will be placed back on the credit report.
My question is what about inquirys that have been bumped through a non-Transunion website? It seems to me that if the inquiry data never actually disappeared, that TU always had it in their files, then the problem needs to be fixed at the CRA's end, to ensure that all of the data is sent out regardless of which reporting software provider requests it?

Ders said: I just checked PM123 and 6 TU inquiries have returned. They had been bumped about 2 months ago.

What does your last name start with?

jdmetz said: alchemize said: I wonder if TU is opening itself up to some legal repercussions.

Maybe from lenders who would not have given people with 20 inqs (which they can see now but couldn't earlier) a credit line. I don't see how any consumer would have a successful case against them.
I guess the scenario could be as follows...

- I, innocent naive consumer, applied for a bunch of credit cards all at the same time and received them.
- I, innocent naive consumer, subscribed to lots of credit monitoring, because I just am a sucker for their sales pitches. So I used those services, a lot.
- Transunion, big bad evil credit corporation, had flaws in its system that led me to believe I didn't have inquiries anymore. Then they restored a bunch of inquiries without any notification to myself, through no fault of my own and ruined my credit costing me millions in mental anguish.

Hey, if you can convince a jury that McD's coffee is too hot...why not this?

Very unlikely I know. Really it's just another example of the crap service TU provides - they are the top turd in the toilet that the credit agencies float in

My TU inquiries went from 0 to 5 yesterday, with only two being within the last 12 months.

I am planning on monitoring for any "new inquiry alerts" and will probably follow up 1-2 weeks later by pulling my free annual FACTA TU report (to see if and when any of my lenders perform TU account reviews and make sure the report accurately reflect my credit profile at those times.)

But given my conservative "micro" AOR approach and few number of recent inquiries, I am not concerned about lenders seeing I have a handful of TU inquiries, as should be the case.

Hey, if you can convince a jury that McD's coffee is too hot...why not this?

Are there 3rd degree burns over 27% of the plaintiff's body like that nice old lady suffered from that coffee?

Man, McDonald's has some master spin doctors, to convince so many that the case was frivolous when their behavior was callous, unnecessary, and completely deserving of a judgement against them. Did you know all that poor old lady wanted from them in the beginning was her medical bills paid? No, that would admit liability, can't do the right thing.

For all you that are so mad about this thank your stars you did not listen to Win333 now. Just image how many inquiries he got now showing on his credit report as he was doing 20-30-40 credit cards apps every couple of months. Wonder why he has been so quite lately. Just image the kinda of adverse action he is going to get.

30-40-50 closed accounts over the next couple of months. Talk about a credit death spiral.

dolmar said: For all you that are so mad about this thank your stars you did not listen to Win333 now. Just image how many inquiries he got now showing on his credit report as he was doing 20-30-40 credit cards apps every couple of months. Wonder why he has been so quite lately. Just image the kinda of adverse action he is going to get.

30-40-50 closed accounts over the next couple of months. Talk about a credit death spiral.

Don't you sound jealous. Only a few issuers care about excessive inquiries after a card is opened. And do you know the adverse action if they do? All they do is close the account. Big woop! Maybe some will lower the limits.. again, big woop!

dolmar said: For all you that are so mad about this thank your stars you did not listen to Win333 now. Just image how many inquiries he got now showing on his credit report as he was doing 20-30-40 credit cards apps every couple of months. Wonder why he has been so quite lately. Just image the kinda of adverse action he is going to get.

I wish I could double green.

On a side note neither my inqs or my wife's inqs have come back. I'll give it another couple of weeks and check again.

What I want to know is, who will hold the "record" for the most inquiries, after TU gets done putting them all back?

Dolmar I've got to say if I were to guess, win333 does come to mind as possibly the one to win this honor. I do hope he will chime in when he gets a break from his (compulsive gambling habit, er I mean...) "multiple self-proclaimed legitimate daytrading employment positions".

tolamapS said: Here is the fake detector. Employees and management of many firms have posted on this website (e.g., yodlee, creditkarma, and more). None of them signed as "Blah-blah associate".

If the Mr or Mrs Transunion was legit and had any balls, he or she would probably sign as:

Samantha Jones
Vice President of Marketing
and
John Smith
Director of IT, Bumpage Solutions

AND provide an e-mail address

P.S. I guess there is always the possibility that this e-mail is real. We will find out within a one week if Transunion Interactive delivers (if anything, IT always overpromises and underdelivers. so we shall see).

So let me guess, you were the one on the grassy knoll?

ok so this is weird...two of my INQs came back but I was expecting more. Score dropped but that wasnt significant.

5 inquiries came back from 10/06. Last name begins with B. TU score dropped 10 points. Cancelled service with TC.

I also had two enquiries that i bumped off TU this week only show up . I am going to stop pulling daily for now & see the changes they post to my account in 2 weeks

I predict transunion and other credit pulling services see a severe decrease in revenue after this is over. They may have shot themselves in the foot.

dmlavigne1 said: I predict transunion and other credit pulling services see a severe decrease in revenue after this is over. They may have shot themselves in the foot.

But remember, as far as Transunion was concerned, that money they were making on monitoring came at a cost -- creditors had diminished confidence in their reporting. Reporting is their bread and butter, so they can't risk eroding that segment of the business.

MikeR397 said: Ders said: I just checked PM123 and 6 TU inquiries have returned. They had been bumped about 2 months ago.

What does your last name start with?

P

Add me to the list..5 inqs from late 2006 just popped back up. Well at least they should drop off again for good in a few months

Last name start with B

jef2000 said: But remember, as far as Transunion was concerned, that money they were making on monitoring came at a cost -- creditors had diminished confidence in their reporting. Reporting is their bread and butter, so they can't risk eroding that segment of the business.
I didn't know this and would be grateful if you could point me to where and when creditors expressed diminished confidence in TU's reporting, especially as it relates to bumpage.

Last name starts with D. Used creditsecure for bumping last year...no sign of the inquiries back...

I'm speculating that TU is chopping their own INQs from their familiy of services, and adding hards when there is new room. However, if you use non TU based services, especially several, you may be able to use up all their space, and thus, little to none inquiries added back. Anyone care to disprove this theory? I'd like to hear from people with multiple non-tu based services. Some people seem to only get some of their inquries back, while others get them all, back to Aug/06. Have inq's been added more than once, or is it a one shot deal?

I would also like to hear from anyone getting FRESH bumpage, since this happened.

Last name starts with G, use PM123. Had one bumpped TU inquiry reappear from April. No sign of another bumped TU inq from march however.

EDIT: I did use CK for about 60 softs, it is possible (don't remember) that my March inq was bumped by a CK soft.

sonnysighedup said: I didn't know this and would be grateful if you could point me to where and when creditors expressed diminished confidence in TU's reporting, especially as it relates to bumpage.

I don't know that it was done publicly, but I'm sure it was going on in private. Credit reporting and scoring is all about producing accurate models. Allowing people to manipulate the data in a way that distorts what the information purports to represent makes the model less accurate. Do you think that that once their customers found out the information was flawed, they would continue purchasing the product -- particularly when there's more accurate information available.

All six Sep2007 ( or I had more - do not remember) inqs are back - were flushed using PM123 in Dec.

I pulled mine and the 8 TU INQ's are back from Feb which were previously bumped using TrueCredit and CreditSecure. Interesting that the 1 hard I had show up yesterday is now gone. Only lost 14 points off of my score so no biggie. I'll continue pulling Credit Secure to see if it's possible to bump using non-TU services.

dolmar said: got to admit Transunion was pretty smart. They had people paying them years to use there service for B* then they went back and added all those inquiries. So for the last couple of years they were able to increase there cash flow and pump up there profits for wall street etc.I might agree if I weren't nearing the end of my year of PM123 for $1. If they were really smart why would they have taken this year to convince me that the hassles of a TC service aren't worth the low price (worrying about being cut off for pulling too often, lack of basic information like credit limits and date of last report, worst "customer service" ever)? TU always has drama, why can't they just reduce soft pulls quietly like EQ or work properly in the first place like EX?

4 inquiries that were bumped off TU have re-appeared for me

PolarDude said: I'm speculating that TU is chopping their own INQs from their familiy of services, and adding hards when there is new room. However, if you use non TU based services, especially several, you may be able to use up all their space, and thus, little to none inquiries added back. Anyone care to disprove this theory? I'd like to hear from people with multiple non-tu based services. Some people seem to only get some of their inquries back, while others get them all, back to Aug/06. Have inq's been added more than once, or is it a one shot deal?

I would also like to hear from anyone getting FRESH bumpage, since this happened.

That may be possible, but even if it is, TU has shown they have the info about old inquiries, and the desire and means to bring them back. If they haven't fixed it for good at this point, you can be sure they will at some point in the future.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014