• 12 3 459
  • Page
  • Text Only
jef2000 said: sonnysighedup said: I didn't know this and would be grateful if you could point me to where and when creditors expressed diminished confidence in TU's reporting, especially as it relates to bumpage.

I don't know that it was done publicly, but I'm sure it was going on in private. Credit reporting and scoring is all about producing accurate models. Allowing people to manipulate the data in a way that distorts what the information purports to represent makes the model less accurate. Do you think that that once their customers found out the information was flawed, they would continue purchasing the product -- particularly when there's more accurate information available.

Doubtful.

The three credi reporting agencies have somewhat of a monopoly on what they do. Lenders use all three to report credit and to give credit (with a mortgage, for example).

The lenders may have lost some confidence in the companmies, but there is little to nothing they can do besides ask these agencies to change their policy.

No TU inquiries returned yet. Bumped exclusively with CreditSecure several months ago. Last name starts with D.

Last name M. Still sitting at 4 TU and I know for a fact that I've bumped at least 15-20 in the last 18 months.

dolmar said: got to admit Transunion was pretty smart. They had people paying them years to use there service for B* then they went back and added all those inquiries. So for the last couple of years they were able to increase there cash flow and pump up there profits for wall street etc.

Very stupid move on their part. The cash flow will dry out soon

FW retaliation plan: Short EXPN and EFX stocks!

those Mother F-ERs, 4 INQs came back from late 2006.

time to cancel TrueCredit

PolarDude said: I'm speculating that TU is chopping their own INQs from their familiy of services, and adding hards when there is new room. However, if you use non TU based services, especially several, you may be able to use up all their space, and thus, little to none inquiries added back. Anyone care to disprove this theory? I'd like to hear from people with multiple non-tu based services. Some people seem to only get some of their inquries back, while others get them all, back to Aug/06. Have inq's been added more than once, or is it a one shot deal?

I would also like to hear from anyone getting FRESH bumpage, since this happened.

I tend to agree on this. I think they have just changed the algorithm for recording the soft pulls made by the users themselves i.e. not all of them get place in the file. That's the reason they claim fresh b*** won't happen.

6 inquiries were restored today, all from my A0R last October (I got 7 TU inquiries from that, so one was not restored - only one of two inq dated 10/6 came back, in addition to inquiries dated 10/8, 10/10, 10/10, 10/13, and 10/16). Had 14 as of mid-Nov; according to previous copies of my report I've actually had 13 inquiries over the past two years.

Adding 6 eight-month-old inquiries dropped my PM123 score 15 points, CreditKarma score (whereever that comes from) dropped 24 points.

All self-initiated pulls from TrueCredit and PM123, except for ~50 from CreditKarma.

Last name - "T"

One interesting note - one inquiry was originally from "FIA CSNA", it is now listed as being from "Bk of Amer".

didNOTsearch said: those Mother F-ERs, 4 INQs came back from late 2006.

time to cancel TrueCredit

LOL @ Mother F-KERs.

On a side note, just checked my report and none of the INQ's I've bumped off have reappeared. My name starts with a V, so I'm not sure if anyone has proven that to be of any significance, just a data point.

Last names means nothing. My last name starts with B and I think none of my inquires I bumped have shown back up yet as my Karma CS has not changed in over 1 month but I am sure they will sooner or later. Only reason I am using Credit Karma is because I canceled TU like 3 months ago. I noticed people on credit boards have reported inquiries have shown back up on there reports and there last name start with E,F, G so maybe the order they are processing people accounts is based on SSN, or people who have active TU credit service or some other method but it does not seem to be based solely on your last name.

8 are back.....

Does Credit Karma use Transunion Interactive as its underlying engine? Perhaps that's why my inquiries haven't been added back, since most of them were bumped using CK for about 2 months straight back in March and April, and I still continue to use CK pretty often; I only did about 4 pulls using PM123 back in April. I don't think last names have anything to do with this.

Can anyone who has had their inquiries added back tell us if their soft inquiries have been chopped from their TU report?

My last name starts with B and I think none of my inquires I bumped

Wow, dolmar bumps. Hey dolmar, I thought you thought it highly unethical to game the system in order to make the issuers think your less of a risk. Perhaps you just bump for kicks and giggles? There's a word running through my brain and it starts with the letter h, ends with e, and has 9 letters...

WalStMonky said: My last name starts with B and I think none of my inquires I bumped

Wow, dolmar bumps. Hey dolmar, I thought you thought it highly unethical to game the system in order to make the issuers think your less of a risk. Perhaps you just bump for kicks and giggles? There's a word running through my brain and it starts with the letter h, ends with e, and has 9 letters...
LOL!!! Am I close?
H _ _ _ C _ _ _ E

Strange, One just bumped off! I had three come back yesterday and one of thos is gone now. All were in the last 6 months.I pull with credit secure.

tuffghost said: Does Credit Karma use Transunion Interactive as its underlying engine? Perhaps that's why my inquiries haven't been added back, since most of them were bumped using CK for about 2 months straight back in March and April, and I still continue to use CK pretty often; I only did about 4 pulls using PM123 back in April. I don't think last names have anything to do with this.

Can anyone who has had their inquiries added back tell us if their soft inquiries have been chopped from their TU report?

They chopped the heck out of my softs. Just showing half my pulls from CIDP from May-June and only 2 of my AR from CITI appear.

WalStMonky said: My last name starts with B and I think none of my inquires I bumped

LOL I never done a full App-O-Rama nor have I ever said it was unethical to do App-O-Rama. I have said it is unethical to lie on an application and inflate your income. I have comment in the past that I do not understand why people complain when adverse action is taken against considering they are gaming the system.

There is a difference but please fell free to link 1 place where I said "Bumpage or App-O-Rama were highly unethical or even just unethical". I can link plenty of places were I said "I do not understand why you are complaining as you gamed the system and got nailed, caught etc. Or App-O-Rama is gaming the system and if the issuer would have know you planned to apply for 30 cards you would not have received that limit" or "Issuers interpretation of the term household income does not include everyone in your frat house, apartment complex etc but only people contributing to the household expenses like BF and GF or a married couple etc." If you can not understand or see the difference between what I said and you think I said then I am sorry.

Btw 3 inquiries I bumped came back today as my score dropped by 33 points on credit karma. So they are not doing it by last name like I thought.

Just pulled today to see 4 inquiries back up.

5 ARE BACK

If you're gaming the system, and you get caught, you have no right to be outraged. It's happened to me, and I dealt with it, but I didn't blame Citi for trying to curtail my not-profitable-for-them activities.

If TU wants to bring back all my bumped inquiries, so be it. I'm not going to whine about it.

The last time I had AA due to a recent AOR, it was because of too many new accounts, not too many inquiries. If you do a massive or rolling AOR and get lots of cards, this whole bumpage thing is a non-issue.

74ak said: dolmar said: got to admit Transunion was pretty smart. They had people paying them years to use there service for B* then they went back and added all those inquiries. So for the last couple of years they were able to increase there cash flow and pump up there profits for wall street etc.

Very stupid move on their part. The cash flow will dry out soon

FW retaliation plan: Short EXPN and EFX stocks!

Re: retaliation plan - funny.

Also, does anyone have any real statistics on how much money TU collected from the monthly services (falsecredit, privacydoesnotmatter, etc).

All of mine are back as of today. I used PM123 and CK. I'll be watching this thread closely for new ways around this, I hope we can come up with something.

Keep pulling with non TU products(resellers) for possible b* of returned inqs atleast for now and next month..

general consensus at CB is that TU did a "band-aid fix" and c* their softs via their products allowing more space for he b*ed hards and hence their returning once c* of softs occured..

I am using CCT and CS now.. mostly all others are TU resellers

TU just updated my report - 14 inquiries showing now (up from 1 yesterday).
30 point drop in score.

Using TrueCredit and National City daily.

Canceled TU service today.

SonorityGenius said: Keep pulling with non TU products(resellers) for possible b* of returned inqs atleast for now and next month..

general consensus at CB is that TU did a "band-aid fix" and c* their softs via their products allowing more space for he b*ed hards and hence their returning once c* of softs occured..

Keep pulling with Credit Karma. At least it's free.

tuffghost said: SonorityGenius said: Keep pulling with non TU products(resellers) for possible b* of returned inqs atleast for now and next month..

Only problem is CK is pulling via TU so not sure what the point would be because it seems TU combined all pulls that come from TU branded services which is why hard pulls are showing back up. At least according to people who have paid for full reports on CB. They claim all there TU services based soft pulls got combined into 1 line. Ie All pulls using for example CK show up as 1 soft pull under the last date. All pulls done via TU, Nat City, etc are showing up the same way. So all those pulls that before showed up as 60 individual pulls now are being combined into 1 pull per service. What people on CB are thinking is TU currently is only combining soft pulls coming from TU based services which is why people think pulls coming from EQ based services will still work for B*. That could only be a temp solution as I assume TU could start to combine those soft pulls sooner or later just like they currently are with TU based soft pulls.

dolmar said: tuffghost said: SonorityGenius said: Keep pulling with non TU products(resellers) for possible b* of returned inqs atleast for now and next month..

Only problem is CK is pulling via TU so not sure what the point would be because it seems TU combined all pulls that come from TU branded services which is why hard pulls are showing back up. At least according to people who have paid for full reports on CB. They claim all there TU services based soft pulls got combined into 1 line. Ie All pulls using for example CK show up as 1 soft pull under the last date. All pulls done via TU, Nat City, etc are showing up the same way. So all those pulls that before showed up as 60 individual pulls now are being combined into 1 pull per service. What people on CB are thinking is TU currently is only combining soft pulls coming from TU based services which is why people think pulls coming from EQ based services will still work for B*. That could only be a temp solution as I assume TU could start to combine those soft pulls sooner or later just like they currently are with TU based soft pulls.

Oh OK, I knew that CK only pulled data from TU but I didn't know that it was actually a TU based product. I've been trying to keep up with the discussion on Creditboards but there is a lot of reading to do there.

I just know that my TU bumpage which occurred in April was the result of pulling with two services, CK and PM123, and I haven't had any inquiries reinserted, so I assume it's because of the softs from CK. I haven't seen my full CK report yet so I don't know what my soft hits look like yet.

tuffghost said: Oh OK, I knew that CK only pulled data from TU but I didn't know that it was actually a TU based product. I've been trying to keep up with the discussion on Creditboards but there is a lot of reading to do there.

I just know that my TU bumpage which occurred in April was the result of pulling with two services, CK and PM123, and I haven't had any inquiries reinserted, so I assume it's because of the softs from CK. I haven't seen my full CK report yet so I don't know what my soft hits look like yet.

Both of those services are TU based. Give it some time. Some people have not had any put back on while other have them all put back. There is no pattern how they are combing those TU soft pulls it seems. Or who accounts are getting combined or in what order either.

PolarDude said:
I would also like to hear from anyone getting FRESH bumpage, since this happened.

I had one INQ on 6-25, zero on 6-26, none have come back yet. I assume that my last INQ dropped off before the fix was implemented.

taxmantoo said: PolarDude said:

I had one INQ on 6-25, zero on 6-26, none have come back yet. I assume that my last INQ dropped off before the fix was implemented.

Doubtful I canceled my TU service back in May after I had bumped all my Inq's. All 3 of my INQ I think can back based on the fact my CK score dropped 33 points today. I pull CK about 1x every 3-4 weeks.

tuffghost said: Oh OK, I knew that CK only pulled data from TU but I didn't know that it was actually a TU based product. I've been trying to keep up with the discussion on Creditboards but there is a lot of reading to do there.
1) CK is not a TU based product like NCIP or TC.
2) The softs from CK are not being chopped as of yet (at least from the 50 to 60 pages I have read).
3) We should do a little research before we post incorrect information (not you tuff).

Ugh, 7 of my inquiries came back on TU.

hmm,

so how many of us are going to be screwed by TU? raise your hands

mine's still at 0, but I'm expecting a ballpark of 40-50 if this is true.

I've had cellphone plans, lease checks, 15x citi cc funding bank acc, and rolling aors.

Glitch99 said: 6 inquiries were restored today, all from my A0R last October (I got 7 TU inquiries from that, so one was not restored - only one of two inq dated 10/6 came back, in addition to inquiries dated 10/8, 10/10, 10/10, 10/13, and 10/16).Today I updated CreditKarma, and my score went up 4 points. So I pulled PM123, and the other 10/6 inquiry (the one that had reappeared yesturday) is now gone. Since one inquiry was readded while another from the same day was not, logic would dictate that the file was still 'filled', and then one additional soft pull subsequently bumped the one that had been readded.

I've had ~55 CK pulls since those inquiries. So allowing for some soft pulls from creditors over the past 8 months, it seem that bumpage may still be working as always - requiring the estimated 60-70 pulls to fill up your file - but now excludes TU/TC-based services. My remaining 5 inquiries that had been re-added *should* drop off again after another week of CK updates, if this is in fact true.

Rorer714 said: tuffghost said: Oh OK, I knew that CK only pulled data from TU but I didn't know that it was actually a TU based product. I've been trying to keep up with the discussion on Creditboards but there is a lot of reading to do there.
2) The softs from CK are not being chopped as of yet (at least from the 50 to 60 pages I have read).
3) We should do a little research before we post incorrect information (not you tuff).

Read pages 45-49 on creditboard forums. The only people who had no inquires come back were the people using EQ based credit monitoring services like from AMEX. People with TU resalers services and CK daily pulls had all there inquiries come back going 2 years. These people have pulled more than 60x using CK. Which is why in that thread people believe CK must be using a TU based service to update your report otherwise hard inquiries would not come back for those people just like the people who pulled using AMEX services.

This post is directed straight at you and not done in an indirect childish way like you did. Considering you said you read creditboard funny how others are stating exactly what I said.

Link to Thread

I had used only myprivacymatters.com since around dec 07, and had bumped 4 off. As of 2 days ago, all 4 have come back. That's the only site I used to pull on, once daily.

CREDITKARMA via CREDIT KARMA INC, not True Link, TUI or any other TU reseller.

Just pulled a report from TU and all CK softs are there going back to 3/08 (start date). I suggest others do the same and see if they have been chopped. The second part I stand corrected, it is more like 100 to 125 pages from many different boards and threads.

Someone does not know the meaning of research. A great president once said "trust but verify". Someone forgot to verify and only trusted.

Rorer714 said: 1) CK is not a TU based product like NCIP or TC.
CREDITKARMA via CREDIT KARMA INC, not True Link, TUI or any other TU reseller.

Just pulled a report from TU and all CK softs are there going back to 3/08 (start date). I suggest others do the same and see if they have been chopped. The second part I stand corrected, it is more like 100 to 125 pages from many different boards and threads.

Someone does not know the meaning of research. A great president once said "trust but verify". Someone forgot to verify and only trusted.

Look You need me to cut and past the reports on page 45-49 from people on credit board who claim there hard inquires came back who were pulling with both a TU and CK none stop for the last 90 days? You keep accusing of make up stuff yet I was not the persons who posted that info on credit boards. You keep on posting passive aggressive posts directed to me. You want a rise out of me? OK this message is directed straight to you Rorer714.

?? ???? ??????????.

Happy Now?

I confirm Rorer714's statements. I have many soft pulls from CK still on my report while my TC and PM123 pulls have suffered major choppage.
CB is not the most reliable of sources.

cashmonkey said: I confirm Rorer714's statements. I have many soft pulls from CK still on my report while my TC and PM123 pulls have suffered major choppage.
CB is not the most reliable of sources.

I am not stating CB is most reliable source at all nor that the info on there is correct just that is what is being said on CB except Rorer714 referenced it as his source too. Then he keep calling me a lair in a childish passive aggressive way.

If he would have bothered to state in a nice way like you, or said he read it elsewhere etc then it would have been another story. Instead he choose to act like a child and call me a liar in a passive aggressive way and kept telling me I was lying based on what he read on CB yet I linked the thread and comments from CB which back up what I said.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014