• 1 23459
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
All -

I am an employee of TransUnion Interactive, which powers websites that include TrueCredit, Privacy Matters 123 and others.

As a heads up, TransUnion is in the process of altering its electronic systems to eliminate the "bumping" of hard inquiries that should be reported on credit reports under FCRA guidelines. Within the next week, all appropriate hard inquiries that have been inadvertently bumped off of any report pulled through one of TransUnion's websites within the last two years will be placed back on the credit report. Upon implementation, it will no longer be possible to "bump" hard inquiries.

I am posting anonymously, but this is going to happen.

Thanks,
Transunion Associate

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
i'm going to be pulling everyday with CK/CCT/NatIDProtect, I have about 5 inqs on each tu and eq. Are these services eno... (more)

narbi (May. 21, 2009 @ 6:08p) |

jackcrawfish (May. 21, 2009 @ 6:36p) |

anyone have a direct link to pull your credit or to make it quicker to pull...using national city idprotect?

narbi (Jun. 02, 2009 @ 5:19a) |

All -

I am Jesus Christ. The world is ending.

Get on your knees.

Thanks,
Jeebus

TransunionAssociate said: Within the next week, all appropriate hard inquiries that have been inadvertently bumped off of any report pulled through one of TransUnion's websites within the last two years will be placed back on the credit report.
How is this possible if no record of the past inquiries exists?

beethovengirl said: TransunionAssociate said: Within the next week, all appropriate hard inquiries that have been inadvertently bumped off of any report pulled through one of TransUnion's websites within the last two years will be placed back on the credit report.
How is this possible if no record of the past inquiries exists?

Same way your "sealed" juvenile record can be read

Dear TransUnion Associate,

Please die.

Thanks,
Walletless

TransunionAssociate said: All -

I am an employee of TransUnion Interactive, which powers websites that include TrueCredit, Privacy Matters 123 and others.

As a heads up, TransUnion is in the process of altering its electronic systems to eliminate the "bumping" of hard inquiries that should be reported on credit reports under FCRA guidelines. Within the next week, all appropriate hard inquiries that have been inadvertently bumped off of any report pulled through one of TransUnion's websites within the last two years will be placed back on the credit report. Upon implementation, it will no longer be possible to "bump" hard inquiries.

I am posting anonymously, but this is going to happen.

Thanks,
Transunion Associate

So TransunionAssociate, are you officially speaking on behalf of TransUnion? If so, why are you anonymous and why the tone? You guys need some PR skills. Did you guys actually want to win the "Worst Company in America" tournament on consumerist.com?

Funny that the OP even posted this on CB and other credit forums
Troll for sure!

By the way, how is that class action lawsuit settlement coming along, OP

Awesome news! It's about time they fixed that problem. Now they won't have to cancel customers who pull TrueCredit once a day!

Here is the fake detector. Employees and management of many firms have posted on this website (e.g., yodlee, creditkarma, and more). None of them signed as "Blah-blah associate".

If the Mr or Mrs Transunion was legit and had any balls, he or she would probably sign as:

Samantha Jones
Vice President of Marketing
and
John Smith
Director of IT, Bumpage Solutions

AND provide an e-mail address

P.S. I guess there is always the possibility that this e-mail is real. We will find out within a one week if Transunion Interactive delivers (if anything, IT always overpromises and underdelivers. so we shall see).

Creditboards members are reporting that the bumped inquiries are coming back.

LOL. Oh the carnage! CB should be entertaining reading.

I've had 1 TU inquiry in the past 3 years. Doesn't bother me at all and I expected them to fix this eventually anyway. What did people expect when they talked about "B" all the time? TU was onto it over a year ago.

People also have no reason to complain about this. Some idiots on CB are even talking lawsuit (no surprise for that group of deadbeats). Everyone should have considered the possibility of bumped inquiries showing back up. Afterall, it was a bug in their system that caused it to happen. It was very unrealistic to think TU wouldn't address it at some point, especially after they acknowledged the existance of "bumpage" over a year ago and started shutting down TC accounts.

The people whining took a chance and it looks like they lost. They have nobody to blame but themselves if they went out and got dozens of TU pulls and never considered they'd appear on their report.

tolamapS said:
John Smith
Director of IT, Bumpage Solutions

Anyone know where to put my resume in for a job as a Bumpage Solutions expert? I know my mother would be proud.

atobias said: People also have no reason to complain about this. Some idiots on CB are even talking lawsuit (no surprise for that group of deadbeats). Everyone should have considered the possibility of bumped inquiries showing back up.
There is a huge difference between going out and getting 10 inquiries on TU on one particular day for an AOR + expecting B* and only getting a couple inquiries at a time, waiting for old inquiries to fall off, + repeating. With TU inquiries B*ed from my CR, I made various financial decisions that I would not have, had the inquiries stayed on my CR. It's conceivable one might not have even realized that his inquiries were being B*ed and was just tracking improvements in their FICO score and made credit decisions accordingly. So, I think it's a bad move on TU's part to restore B*ed inquiries, which I thought were B*ed due to insufficient storage capacity, i.e. TU had no record of the inquiries, which is not comparable to a sealed juvenile record.

Now if TU wants to eliminate B* in the future, that's perfectly fine...one could never depend on it in the future.

Time to freeze TU if this happens.

My guess has always been that bumpage was caused by a fixed size field in some database structure. In the original design, a certain space was alloted for inquiries, and when the space is full something has to go--so some programmer decided to delete older inquiries to make room for newer ones. Now, it wouldn't be hard at all to write those deleted inquiries to some file before deletion, so they would be retrievable today. I'm sure TU has backups--possibly daily, possibly less often--of credit files with older info too. So retrievable COULD be possible. The question is whether TU would go to all the time, trouble and expense for a few gamers like us.

I think not. I vote troll. We'll know soon enough!

beethovengirl said: With TU inquiries B*ed from my CR, I made various financial decisions that I would not have, had the inquiries stayed on my CR.

That was your mistake. You based your decision on a "bug" in Transunions reporting system that TU has known about for at least a year. That's poor financial decision-making on your part. You should have considered the possibility of those inquiries appearing as they should and acted appropriately. To base financial decsions on a reporting quirk is risky. You were willing to take that risk. That's not Transunions fault.

By the way, just because something is deleted from your consumer report doesn't mean it isn't in their databases. Just about every "baddie" is still kept in a database going back many years.

I'd love to see the CRAs put back all the bad tradelines, collections, etc that "CB'ers" got removed through friviolous and fraudulent disputing methods. Maybe I could feel like I could trust credit reports again. As it stands now, I view all of them with suspect and refer to public records and other databases for verification. Clean credit/good FICO can mean you're a stand up person who honors their obligations, or it could just mean you used tricks, AU accounts, and legal minutae to dispute everything off of your reports.

I can often identify a CB'ers report just by the tradelines that appear on it. One example, anyone that has Crown Jewelers and Hooters or a combination of other creditors along with certain credit unions on their report is an instant denial, even if they have clean reports and 750+ FICOs. Most of that crowd are habitual defaulters on a regular 3-7 year cycle.

They better be careful when they reintroduce the inquiries so they are aged properly Only the recent inquiries (within 6 months) have a considerable impact on scores. Once my 6 EXP inquiries aged, I've seen a 30+ score boost, while 5 old inquiries falling off after 2 years boosted the score only by about 10 points.

[EDIT} These SOBs did put back 2 inquiries from late last year - whaddayaknow. Oh well, the score went down whooping 3 points. This is going to be nasty for the people who bumped many inquiries - for them to appear at once is likely to spook banks on regular account review...

Obviously, they can correct the system problems - hope TU now fixes PM123 reports to actually reflect account details, instead of opening new report window

One just got put back today from 4/11/08.

Why all the red for this thread? A quick trip over to CB has confirmed that this is real. It looks as if they are starting by last name letter A.

gamer83 said: Why all the red for this thread? A quick trip over to CB has confirmed that this is real. It looks as if they are starting by last name letter A.
I guess they never heard of "Don't shoot the messenger".

Interesting.

Being in the South, it seems that Equifax gets pulled much more than anyone else, so the TU news is not big deal to me.

It does suck though

chocula said: Interesting.

Being in the South, it seems that Equifax gets pulled much more than anyone else, so the TU news is not big deal to me.
It does suck though

I double this.
I sometimes wonder why people use the expression "the big 3", when actually TU is relatively unimportant anyway.

I'll definitely see if OP was right: a few days ago I got an unexpected bump off TU. Will it be back by the 4th of July?

gamer83 said: Why all the red for this thread? A quick trip over to CB has confirmed that this is real. It looks as if they are starting by last name letter A.

Time to change my name to Derek Zoolander.

This report is correct. I had 5 b* this year.. ALL are back.. .

/start rant
#!!(@*@(E$R#A(@!! #!!(@*@(E$R#A(@!! #!!(@*@(E$R#A(@!! #!!(@*@(E$R#A(@!! #!!(@*@(E$R#A(@!!

/end rant

d*mn - went from a total of 3 inqs to 12 inqs showing overnite, causing a 27 pt drop in TU score...

I counted 6+ people on the Creditboards thread that had inquiries put back on. One got 15 inquiries put back on. These were seasoned members, and not trolls. Looks like this is real. Now to figure out if this is a bandaid fix like EQ, or the real deal like EX. Also, curiously, if they are going by SSN, last name, or State/zip code to add the stuff back in, or is it random?

Interesting, I pulled TU reports for myself and parents today to see about this.

Mine: no TU inquiries are back (I think just one... forget who)
Mom: No inquiries came back, there should have been 2 from Citi a few months ago
Dad: 2 inq's from Cap1 (1 year ago) came back

It's weird that there's no consistency with the INQs coming back on the credit files.

We all have the same mailing address, so that's not it. Dads SSN starts with 2, moms with 3, and mine with 6, so from my small amount of data could lead one to believe they're sorting by SSN. Could they be asking the card companies to re-report inquiries?

I have heard they are going by first letter of last name and first number of SSN# per CB..

More than 20+ confirmed reports of INQs back from a year ago as well =(

None of mine are back yet - only had 9

Kinda funny how so many thought the OP was a troll.

Any thoughts on whether or not a freeze would prevent or delay the reappearance of inquiries? Or put another way, did any of the people who had inquiries return have a freeze on their file with TU?

companies like Privacy Matters are going to see their customer renewals fall through the floor next year.

Rorer714 said: gamer83 said: Why all the red for this thread? A quick trip over to CB has confirmed that this is real. It looks as if they are starting by last name letter A.
I guess they never heard of "Don't shoot the messenger".

I guess they never heard of the term Denial

None went back on mine yet, im in the 'K' group, hopefully my laptop doesn't short out from all the tears

I've been reading the thread on CB, and though I've only gotten through the first 13 pages, I noticed one of the first people who reported their inquirys came back mentioned their last name began with "A" and speculated that is why they were one of the first to get their inquirys back. The next thing I know it appears people are taking it as gospel that it's their last name that determines when their bumpage will end!! I haven't seen any proof at all that it has anything to do with your last name or your SSN. At this point this is just pure speculation.

tuffghost said: I've been reading the thread on CB, and though I've only gotten through the first 13 pages, I noticed one of the first people who reported their inquirys came back mentioned their last name began with "A" and speculated that is why they were one of the first to get their inquirys back. The next thing I know it appears people are taking it as gospel that it's their last name that determines when their bumpage will end!! I haven't seen any proof at all that it has anything to do with your last name or your SSN. At this point this is just pure speculation.

That's really a moot point because it's confirmed they're reappearing. Doesn't matter the method, it's slowly happening.

NukeMedDude said: tuffghost said: I've been reading the thread on CB, and though I've only gotten through the first 13 pages, I noticed one of the first people who reported their inquirys came back mentioned their last name began with "A" and speculated that is why they were one of the first to get their inquirys back. The next thing I know it appears people are taking it as gospel that it's their last name that determines when their bumpage will end!! I haven't seen any proof at all that it has anything to do with your last name or your SSN. At this point this is just pure speculation.

That's really a moot point because it's confirmed they're reappearing. Doesn't matter the method, it's slowly happening.

True, that is the real bottom line. I just don't understand why all the talk about last names. BTW as a data point for myself, when I pulled my report today through Keybank My Privacy Matters, my TU inquirys were still at 0. I bumped off about 5 TU's a few months ago.

I agree with many others who aren't too concerned about this since it is TU. Most of my creditors never pull TU, my main concern is my 22 EQ inquirys

Skipping 309 Messages...
anyone have a direct link to pull your credit or to make it quicker to pull...using national city idprotect?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014