• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
http://www.herald-mail.com/apt/ropdisplay/adgfx/10199636.pdf

You might be able to get a $75 bonus for a few more days. Y... (more)

fishbane (Jul. 24, 2008 @ 10:03a) |

How many PNC bonuses have you revieved? How many months/days between account opening dates?

I sucessfully opened my seco... (more)

DreamKrusher (Aug. 02, 2008 @ 7:30a) |

why do I get charged $17 for ordering checks? I didn't order, but they did mail me a box of checks.

fmln (Aug. 17, 2008 @ 9:51p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

1.The payout of $100 will be credited to the qualifying account within 7 days of the first Direct Deposit, which must occur before 9/30/08. The payout will be identified as "Direct Deposit Reward" on your monthly statement. A qualifying Direct Deposit is defined as a Direct Deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income electronically deposited into a Free, Performance or Performance Select Checking account. The minimum amount of any single Direct Deposit must be at least $500. The Direct Deposits must be made by an employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a branch or ATM do not qualify as Direct Deposits. Offer available to new PNC Bank Checking account customers only. Offer available for a limited time and cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer may be withdrawn or modified without prior notice and may vary by market.

Do I dare be so greedy as to try this again? I just double dipped for my second 100 bonus last month.

VerbalK said: Do I dare be so greedy as to try this again? I just double dipped for my second 100 bonus last month.Haha I'm doing it again.

It says "Offer available to new PNC Bank Checking account customers only." I don't see this in the terms and conditions for the bonus offer in June. It may not be good for existing checking account custmer.

baobao73 said: It says "Offer available to new PNC Bank Checking account customers only." I don't see this in the terms and conditions for the bonus offer in June. It may not be good for existing checking account custmer.dangit. Missed that part.

For the "Offer available to new PNC Bank Checking account customers only." does it include former customers? I closed my checking account with them a couple years ago but wouldn't mind re-opening if I got $100. Also, can this be opened in a branch?

Anyone have success using ING for the direct deposit? The language in this promotion seems a little more strict for the DD. I just applied and am waiting for my welcome package materials, if I find out first, I'll report back.

Well I'm gonna try it anyway, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Is there any charge for ACH money out of PNC account? Tks.

I applied for my PNC checking account on-line on June 11, over a month ago. I still don't have access to my account via phone or Internet. Thanks PNC!

Just an update, so I applied July 8 online, finished my application at the branch on July 10 so I didn't have to wait for the welcome kit. My direct deposit posted July 14 and I got my $100 the same day. Apparently you only need a new checking account, so as a former customer, I still received the bonus, does not have to be a new relationship like other offers.

BrusselsAddict said: Just an update, so I applied July 8 online, finished my application at the branch on July 10 so I didn't have to wait for the welcome kit. My direct deposit posted July 14 and I got my $100 the same day. Apparently you only need a new checking account, so as a former customer, I still received the bonus, does not have to be a new relationship like other offers.

What did you use as "direct deposit"?

umafuaba said: BrusselsAddict said: Just an update, so I applied July 8 online, finished my application at the branch on July 10 so I didn't have to wait for the welcome kit. My direct deposit posted July 14 and I got my $100 the same day. Apparently you only need a new checking account, so as a former customer, I still received the bonus, does not have to be a new relationship like other offers.

What did you use as "direct deposit"?

I used iGo, so I would assume that any ACH from an online savings account. It was credited very quickly, so you will be able to see if your first attempt didn't work.

OK sent over the paypal payment today. Hopefully I'll get $100 free like BrusselsAddict. :]

dealmaster00 said: OK sent over the paypal payment today. Hopefully I'll get $100 free like BrusselsAddict. :]

I just want to put the caveat that I used my employer DD and not an ING ACH push, as my original intention. But tells us if PayPal works out for the future.

wow they take credit cards for first deposit, only up to $100 tho. good for a few bucks.

BrusselsAddict said: dealmaster00 said: OK sent over the paypal payment today. Hopefully I'll get $100 free like BrusselsAddict. :]

I just want to put the caveat that I used my employer DD and not an ING ACH push, as my original intention. But tells us if PayPal works out for the future.
I used PP on the last PNC offer and got my $100 bonus same day.

torchedlh said: wow they take credit cards for first deposit, only up to $100 tho. good for a few bucks.

Are credit card funded accounts coded as a cash advance or as a purchase?

I looked for an answer as to how long the direct deposits must be maintained without a charge or a loss of the bonus, but didn't find an answer. Anyone know?

Thanks.

woohoo it worked, got the $100 bonus! now I just have to wait for them to finish verifying my account since I still have a $0 balance.

geckowax said: torchedlh said: wow they take credit cards for first deposit, only up to $100 tho. good for a few bucks.

Are credit card funded accounts coded as a cash advance or as a purchase?

I looked for an answer as to how long the direct deposits must be maintained without a charge or a loss of the bonus, but didn't find an answer. Anyone know?

Thanks.

I highly doubt that it would be coded as cash. I saw no mention of that on the site and I'm sure they would if it was true because almost all cash advances incur 3+% fees.

How long does it take to gain access to your account online? I applied online on July 12 and mailed my signature page on July 14. I have not received any word that my account is open, nor has my credit card been charged for the initial deposit.

umafuaba said: How long does it take to gain access to your account online? I applied online on July 12 and mailed my signature page on July 14. I have not received any word that my account is open, nor has my credit card been charged for the initial deposit.It took me over a month to get access. But my patience payed off because I was reimbursed for the check charge, I got the $100 bonus after an E*Trade ACH deposit, and I promptly withdrew my funds, leaving $1 in my PNC account for the next 6 months, at which time I will close my account.

umafuaba said: How long does it take to gain access to your account online? I applied online on July 12 and mailed my signature page on July 14. I have not received any word that my account is open, nor has my credit card been charged for the initial deposit.

You may want to call if you do not receive anything within two weeks. My app was flagged and never reviewed until I called.

dealmaster 00...can you comment:

How long since your last PNC checking account bonus?

Is the account still open?

Thanks!

I got rejected already twice (last deal and this deal). They said that they couldn't verify my information and since I am not in their state, they had to deny my application.

Follow up:

July 12: Applied online
July 23: Receive in mail this letter:

"Dear umafuaba,

Thank you for applying to open an account with PNC Bank. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

We regret that we are unable to open your account due to the inability to meet the new customer account verification requirements under the USA Patriot Act.

If the account opening you requested was to be funded by debiting an existing account or credit card, please be advised that no such debit or charge was made. If the account was to be funded by check, it is enclosed.

Again, thank you for choosing PNC Bank. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-762-8538.

Sincerely,

Ricky N. Laughlin
Assistant Vice President
National Financial Services Center"

I live in New York state. Maybe that's why they couldn't verify me.

I got the same thing and this is the second time.

umafuaba said: Follow up:

"Dear umafuaba,

Thank you for applying to open an account with PNC Bank. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

We regret that we are unable to open your account due to the inability to meet the new customer account verification requirements under the USA Patriot Act.

If the account opening you requested was to be funded by debiting an existing account or credit card, please be advised that no such debit or charge was made. If the account was to be funded by check, it is enclosed.

Again, thank you for choosing PNC Bank. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-762-8538.

Sincerely,

Ricky N. Laughlin
Assistant Vice President
National Financial Services Center"

I live in New York state. Maybe that's why they couldn't verify me.

umafuaba said:

"Dear umafuaba,

My husband got the same letter. I had him call the number listed on the letter; he was put on hold a few minutes, after which the CSR said he was approved. *shrug*

so it's worth a phone call [preferably from the home phone # listed on your app]

beethovengirl said: umafuaba said:

"Dear umafuaba,

My husband got the same letter. I had him call the number listed on the letter; he was put on hold a few minutes, after which the CSR said he was approved. *shrug*

so it's worth a phone call [preferably from the home phone # listed on your app]

Link is dead, offer expired on July 19. I doubt I'd get the bonus at this point. I'll wait to see if they offer it again.

http://www.herald-mail.com/apt/ropdisplay/adgfx/10199636.pdf

You might be able to get a $75 bonus for a few more days. You might have to print it out and take it into the branch. The ad is from the herald mail.

If it doesn't work for you, don't worry PNC almost always has a checking account bonus happening, so the next one shouldn't be too far off.

How many PNC bonuses have you revieved? How many months/days between account opening dates?

I sucessfully opened my second PNC checking account and recieved the bonus

Acct #1 opened 11/07, Bonus $101 (Still open)
Acct #2 opened 6/08, Bonus $100

How long do I need to wait for bonus #3?

why do I get charged $17 for ordering checks? I didn't order, but they did mail me a box of checks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014