• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
You're Welcome

Just ACH Push In at least $200 per month, and you should be fine....

craig10x (Oct. 02, 2008 @ 8:32p) |

Craig,
If I do a transfer from my WAMU checkings account to Etrade maxrate checking account,Can this be considered as ACH... (more)

kingfisher1111 (Nov. 13, 2008 @ 2:46p) |

yes...i have found that all ach pushes into etrade max rate checking show as direct deposits...and as such qualifies for... (more)

craig10x (Nov. 13, 2008 @ 8:25p) |

ACH routing number: 256072691.

mojoshtudd: ETrade has the fastest transfer times and great customer service. I pretty much moved my entire banking and brokerage to ETrade because of this. If you do an ACH pull, the money is available the same day if you request it before some cut off (3PM I think) and starts earning interest. What this means is, if you do an ACH pull on a Friday from another bank, the money collects interest all weekend long. The actual ACH clearance happens on Monday so the money is deducted from the other bank only then. You double dip on the interest over the weekend.

This is a side effect of ETrades awesome banking platform. I have tried pretty much all the online banks out there and been extremely happy with E* for the last one year.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Soft pull from etrade to open an acct. Green from me!

Thanks.

In for 500!

Thanks, all the other offers were expired!

Does eTrade have a referral program like we've seen at other banks?

FYI: ACH routing number is 256072691.

Why do they want my employer information to open a bank account?

Any limits against more than 1 account?

When I try to open a joint account with my daughter, all I get is CDs with $1000 minimum deposit.

Cloudee said: Why do they want my employer information to open a bank account?
They're probably checking who you say you are against the information in your credit report.

This one is *great*! I had a complete savings at etrade, opened a second account on Sunday 7-20 and the money was deposited Monday 7-21. I'll alternate deposits to the two accounts, and no hassle.

Like manna from heaven. There is a free lunch! Money for nothing, but unfortunately no chicks for free :oP

If you get sent a referral and sign up do you get the $25 for a signing up through referral and $25 for opening a new account?

toadcat said: If you get sent a referral and sign up do you get the $25 for a signing up through referral and $25 for opening a new account?

No. You only get one $25 bonus. (but if you sign up through a referral, then the referree get $10 as well.)

This is a no-brainer. Thx., OP

I've had nothing but trouble with Etrade's "Quick Transfer" service. Out of the 3 times I've tried its been the same story: At first there is no indication your request was even received. Then your request appears in your history, yet the money has not been transferred, yet its not shown as a pending transfer. Then your balance goes negative of what you transferred in! Then after a week it all just clears up like nothing happened and somehow the transfer is canceled with no call, email, or note in the history that anything went wrong. Then when I call in they can't tell me what the issue is, and my other banks never even had word that Etrade requested a transfer. Three times, once with Bofa, HSBCDirect, and WAMU!

Perhaps its just my account, but the CS reps have been no help.

how soon can you withdraw that $25? etrade is holding my money hostage for ten days b/c my email is "ineligible."

edit: 5-10 days hold on new accounts according to old thread (705434).

dbavaria said: I've had nothing but trouble with Etrade's "Quick Transfer" service. Out of the 3 times I've tried its been the same story: At first there is no indication your request was even received. Then your request appears in your history, yet the money has not been transferred, yet its not shown as a pending transfer. Then your balance goes negative of what you transferred in! Then after a week it all just clears up like nothing happened and somehow the transfer is canceled with no call, email, or note in the history that anything went wrong. Then when I call in they can't tell me what the issue is, and my other banks never even had word that Etrade requested a transfer. Three times, once with Bofa, HSBCDirect, and WAMU!

Perhaps its just my account, but the CS reps have been no help.

Just to provide a contrasting experience, I've been using my Etrade MaxRate checking acct for 6 months or so and made a bunch of quick transfers in and out of BofA and USAA accounts. It's always worked well for me.

Thanks for the deal OP. I guess it's time to replace my MaxRate checking.

Huh. I got a notice today saying my Etrade savings was overdrawn and has a negative balance as of 7/22. Strange because it shows a balance of $25 with $5 available (initial deposit of $20, bonus of $25 immediately available, linked it to provident and pulled my initial $20 back out). And they didn't charge an NSF fee. Sent a bankmail asking for clarification, but this isn't what I would call encouraging.

ETrade has the fastest transfer times and great customer service. I pretty much moved my entire banking and brokerage to ETrade because of this. If you do an ACH pull, the money is available the same day if you request it before some cut off (3PM I think) and starts earning interest. What this means is, if you do an ACH pull on a Friday from another bank, the money collects interest all weekend long. The actual ACH clearance happens on Monday so the money is deducted from the other bank only then. You double dip on the interest over the weekend.

This is a side effect of ETrades awesome banking platform. I have tried pretty much all the online banks out there and been extremely happy with E* for the last one year.

I have had an account with E*Trade since March. I signed up under a similar $25 promotion and the credit was not automatically applied to my account. After an inquiry, the bonus was promptly applied to my account; however, my real troubles with this bank were yet to begin. I was using the account primarily for transfers between my other accounts, due to the speed of the transactions and double interest that others have reported above. This works as long as they feel like transferring your funds. In May, a "security" hold was randomly placed on my account (I had no fradulent or even suspect transactions. The last transaction that had been completed should have in no way raised any red flags. I had transfered funds to the same account using the same computer weeks before with no problem; a prior transaction was in excess of $70k whereas the flagged transaction was only $2k). I was not notified in any way that this hold had been placed, and they did not restrict online access to the account nor include a conspicuous message of any sort in their online banking system. I did not find out that my account had been restricted until I was notified by my credit card company that my payment had been returned to them unpaid, and I asked E*Trade why this had happened. They would not talk to me, tell me what the problem was, or release the hold, until they received a notarized letter of authorization (for what? they could not tell me), even when I went in person to one of their branches with sufficient ID and documentation. When they received the notarized letter and finally removed the hold, they did so without any explanation of what had caused/flagged the hold in the first place. They promised that I would be refunded the fee I was charged for my returned credit card payment, but I would have to call their general 800 number to arrange that. When I called, they told me I would have to fax documentation to them. The fax number they gave me was wrong. After I obtained the correct number and faxed my documentation, they did not confirm receipt nor apply any credit to my account. I sent an inquiry a week later which they ignored for six days (when they explicitly state that they will respond to all inquiries within 24 hours). Then, they said they would look into the credit and respond within two business days, which of course did not happen. Finally, over two months later, the issue has been resolved. I am transferring my money out and not looking back. Never again, E*Trade, never again. I was disheartened to learn that my experience was not an isolated incident. See http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/328/RipOff0328237.htm

To avoid the monthly fee, an average monthly balance of $1,000 is required.
Luckily, there is no fee for closing the Complete Saving account ($1 min for openning).

Here are the details found form Etrade Complete Saving...

Bank Service Fees
https://us.etrade.com/e/t/estation/pricing?id=1206030000

laborduck said: To avoid the monthly fee, an average monthly balance of $1,000 is required.
Luckily, there is no fee for closing the Complete Saving account ($1 min for openning).

Here are the details found form Etrade Complete Saving...

Bank Service Fees
https://us.etrade.com/e/t/estation/pricing?id=1206030000

That's for the E*TRADE Money Market account, not the Complete Savings acct.

My bad.

Complete Savings Account
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rate information: Your interest rate and APY may change at any time. Please see the "Current Yields" disclosure for information regarding this account's current interest rates and corresponding APYs.

Compounding and crediting frequency: Interest is compounded daily. Interest will compound from the date of deposit to the last full day before the date of withdrawal. Interest will be credited to your account on a monthly basis. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will receive the accrued interest through the last full day prior to the account closure.

Minimum initial deposit: A minimum initial deposit of $1 is required to open this account.

Minimum balance: There is no minimum daily balance requirement.

Online statements: The Complete Savings Account requires that all account statements for this and any other E*TRADE Bank account (as applicable) be delivered electronically. Account statements will be delivered online instead of via mail.

Transaction limitations: Withdrawal limits apply. Under Federal regulations related to these types of accounts, account holders are allowed up to six withdrawals or transfers (for example, using Quick Transfer) from their account in any calendar month. Inbound Quick Transfers are not subject to any limits. If transaction limitations are exceeded, we may close the account, or convert it to an E*TRADE Checking account, or remove the account's transfer and draft capacity. Funds may be transferred to another Bank account by written request signed by the account holder(s), by telephone request through Bank personnel, or by the Bank's 24 hour voice-activated system, over the Internet, or by electronic funds transfer, if you subscribe to such services. See your Account Agreement for additional details.

Fees:
$15 will be assessed per each Bank Check request. One Bank check request may be requested per month.
See "Additional Fees Applicable To All Accounts" for other fees that may apply

Here are my E*trade experiences thus far. I learned about the promotional bonus here (thanks sol38 & FatWallet!) and decided to go for it. E*trade's online account-opening process rejected me*, so I called them up.

They asked me some LexisNexis questions, but I was rejected a 2nd time, just because I'd recently opened a different account at a different institution via LexisNexis query & there's a limit to how many times one can do this in a short span (or so the helpful customer service representative told me).

So I faxed 'em state-issued ID and they finally opened up the account for me. My new savings account was not immediately credited with my bonus money, but sending them a secure online message when I got tired of waiting got it credited within a few hours. Now I'm waiting for my email address to become eligible for the activation of outgoing transfers ... basically waiting for my account to age 7 - 10 days.

I too had a biturbomonkie moment of "Now, wait a minute here!" when I went to transfer the bonus money out of my account and kept getting that message that "one or more of your email addresses is ineligible."

Meanwhile though, my primary financial institution keeps failing in its attempts to make micro-deposits into my account. But HSBC did an instant verification to link the account in a few seconds with no problem. Strange.

All in all, considering the similar hoops I jumped through a few months back to get a $25 bonus from ING Direct-- a bonus I had to wait quite some time to collect on and fund an account with $250 to get -- I'm very pleased with my E*trade experience.

* The easy-breezy online applications always hate me ... I'm pretty sure the US banking system thinks I'm Al-Qaeda ....

Well this deal is now dead, I am very glad I decided to go ahead and sign up last week. I accedentally signed up twice and by the time I checked my account a few days later there was $25 in both my savings accounts linked in the same user name!!

IrishTomBunny said: Like manna from heaven. There is a free lunch! Money for nothing, but unfortunately no chicks for free :oP

No, but you can get *checks* for free if you open up one of their Max-Rate Checking accounts!

mahlax said: Now I'm waiting for my email address to become eligible for the activation of outgoing transfers ... basically waiting for my account to age 7 - 10 days. An update on this: I now have my $25 bonus -- I verified the account through another bank account and "pulled" the money there from E*trade instead of pushing it from E*trade (I think I'm using the right Lingo there). Thanks to mojoshtudd for his comment about ACH transfers and interest on the E*trade banking platform. I'm going to experiment with that this weekend! FatWallet posters ROCK!

We are sorry, but we are unable to enroll any additional external accounts at this time as your account has met the lifetime enrollment limit. Please contact a Financial Services Associate at 1-800-ETRADE-1 for further assistance

Send them a bank mail and ask them to reset it. DO NOT call them.

DavidScubadiver said: We are sorry, but we are unable to enroll any additional external accounts at this time as your account has met the lifetime enrollment limit. Please contact a Financial Services Associate at 1-800-ETRADE-1 for further assistance

runderwo said: Send them a bank mail and ask them to reset it. DO NOT call them.

I'll second this. If one tries to call them on this frontline CS tend to give you the story that it is impossible. If they do indicate that it is possible, they will transfer you all over and then should they then decide to reset, they will tell you never ever again. Don't waste your time, just email them.

I applied a few months ago, and everything was great. I have my biweekly pay check being direct deposited to my local credit union, and then I would transfer most of it to E*trade. From previous threads, I thought E*trade counted these ACH deposits as direct deposits to avoid the $15 monthly fee. Looking at my account, I see they charged me $15 for the month of September. Was this a fluke? Do I need to regularly schedule the deposit? Do I need to push the money from the other bank? I also have a Complete Savings account. Would a transfer from savings to checking qualify? I suppose I could have my employer direct deposit to E*trade, but I was just trying this to see if I liked E*trade before moving everything else over. Right now, I'm not liking them much. Any insight would be appreciated.

Edit: This is for Max-Rate Checking. Not sure what this thread was originally for since the OP's link doesn't work any more.

tulsastorm said: I applied a few months ago, and everything was great. I have my biweekly pay check being direct deposited to my local credit union, and then I would transfer most of it to E*trade. From previous threads, I thought E*trade counted these ACH deposits as direct deposits to avoid the $15 monthly fee. Looking at my account, I see they charged me $15 for the month of September. Was this a fluke? Do I need to regularly schedule the deposit? Do I need to push the money from the other bank? I also have a Complete Savings account. Would a transfer from savings to checking qualify? I suppose I could have my employer direct deposit to E*trade, but I was just trying this to see if I liked E*trade before moving everything else over. Right now, I'm not liking them much. Any insight would be appreciated.

Edit: This is for Max-Rate Checking. Not sure what this thread was originally for since the OP's link doesn't work any more.

How have you been transferring that money over to E Trade....if you were using E Trade ACH transfer, then that wouldn't qualify you to avoid the fee.....You must PUSH IN to them from the other bank, a minimum of $200 or more at least once per month, because when you "Push" In the transaction history shows it as a Direct Deposit...i do it all the time and have never been charged the fee for max rate checking......

If you pull in using E Trade's system..it shows as a Transfer not Direct Deposit.... hope that helps

PS: and oh yeah..of course you must do the PUSH IN directly TO max rate checking...not complete savings....and no, transferring from complete savings to max rate checking won't qualify, either.....

Thanks for the reply craig10x. I was doing it via E*trade's website because my credit union doesn't have a web feature to transfer money to another bank. Like a true fatwalleter, I've got some other free online checking/savings accounts that I'll use to move the money around.

tulsastorm said: Thanks for the reply craig10x. I was doing it via E*trade's website because my credit union doesn't have a web feature to transfer money to another bank. Like a true fatwalleter, I've got some other free online checking/savings accounts that I'll use to move the money around.

You're Welcome

Just ACH Push In at least $200 per month, and you should be fine....

Craig,
If I do a transfer from my WAMU checkings account to Etrade maxrate checking account,Can this be considered as ACH Push ??
Thanks

kingfisher1111 said: Craig,
If I do a transfer from my WAMU checkings account to Etrade maxrate checking account,Can this be considered as ACH Push ??
Thanks

yes...i have found that all ach pushes into etrade max rate checking show as direct deposits...and as such qualifies for the requirement...just be sure to make the amount for at least $200...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014