• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I originally signed up for the $9.95 TrueCredit 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring service using the link for existing customers in this thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/830203

After 30 days, my credit card was not re-charged the $9.95 but the Update Report feature stopped working as well. Repeated calls to customer service did not resolve the issue, so I ended up canceling the subscription, figuring that TC had disabled the $9.95 subscription plan.

On a whim, I decided to try signing up again using the same link. The $9.95 landing page is still there, but after logging in I was not given a checkout screen to confirm my subscription. It just redirected me to my old credit report. However, on the right side, under the "Update Report" link, there was a new link that said "Upgrade to 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring for $9.95". I clicked it and was able to re-subscribe for $9.95. Credit reports and scores are working again. Note that I had to cancel my old non-working subscription, and also I happened to wait a few days after canceling before logging in to find this link. Hope this helps someone.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Citi just send email

A 30-day free trial upon enrollment, then just $8.95 per month (regular price $12.95 per month)

Credit Monitoring every business day to keep track of your credit file activity

Prompt alerts when there's activity, allowing you to help detect fraud

3-in-1 Credit Report, Score and Monitoring: access at no additional cost for combined information and monitoring from all three major credit bureaus

Maybe better deal Link

okwiater said: I originally signed up for the $9.95 TrueCredit 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring service using the link for existing customers in this thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/830203

After 30 days, my credit card was not re-charged the $9.95 but the Update Report feature stopped working as well. Repeated calls to customer service did not resolve the issue, so I ended up canceling the subscription, figuring that TC had disabled the $9.95 subscription plan.

On a whim, I decided to try signing up again using the same link. The $9.95 landing page is still there, but after logging in I was not given a checkout screen to confirm my subscription. It just redirected me to my old credit report. However, on the right side, under the "Update Report" link, there was a new link that said "Upgrade to 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring for $9.95". I clicked it and was able to re-subscribe for $9.95. Credit reports and scores are working again. Note that I had to cancel my old non-working subscription, and also I happened to wait a few days after canceling before logging in to find this link. Hope this helps someone.

I had a similar experience. They "couldn't" automatically charge my card when the second month came around, so they offered to sign me back up at something like 14.95/month. They wouldn't do the 9.95 for me. So I told them to go jump in a lake and signed up through AM3X. From what I've read b* is pretty much going the way of the buffalo, though, so if I was just looking for a credit monitoring system, TC would not be it. They stink.

Yeah, they gave me the runaround on the automatic $9.95 charge as well. But I am signed up again; we'll see if it lasts this time. Although b* isn't effective anymore, I still think it's worth the $120/year to know exactly what's on my credit report and what my scores are. At $180, it's exactly 50% harder to justify.

I signed up for a 30-days free trial using the link in credit karma.

But I do not see the updated report or score on daily basis. All I see is the score & report which was generated at the day of joining which is 4 days old. Is not it supposed to pull up daily score and report?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014