Users like you can add images, links and other relevant information about this topic.
posted: Aug. 1, 2008 @ 6:46p
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Click to copy code and go to .
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
posted: Aug. 1, 2008 @ 7:03p
No, it doesn't appear on the credit report or affect your score. Depending on what kind of job you do next, though, some employers will check your credit report as part of the job application process.
Senior Member - 1K
posted: Aug. 1, 2008 @ 7:08p
No, but if you apply for credit and report not having a job, I am sure that will have some effect.
posted: Aug. 1, 2008 @ 7:58p
most creditors do not verify job status unless requesting a large line of credit or undergoing F/R
Senior Member - 1K
posted: Aug. 2, 2008 @ 12:00a
No, just make sure bills are on time during unemployment
posted: Aug. 2, 2008 @ 12:04a
OP - no the unemployment dept does not report to the bureaus.
Employment information on credit reports is taken from YOUR APPLICATIONS for credit. If you state "unemployed" on any credit application there IS a good chance it will make it your your report.
and anyone who stated "unemployed" on a credit app is pretty much asking for a denial anyway
Senior Member - 3K
posted: Aug. 3, 2008 @ 1:46p
That's why you put "self employed" instead. Did you just recently fleBay your old iPod nano? You're self-employed.
posted: Aug. 3, 2008 @ 2:24p
ShaneM said: That's why you put "self employed" instead. Did you just recently fleBay your old iPod nano? You're self-employed. "Retired" may also work.
Senior Member - 1K
posted: Aug. 4, 2008 @ 9:06a
BradMajors said: ShaneM said: That's why you put "self employed" instead. Did you just recently fleBay your old iPod nano? You're self-employed. "Retired" may also work. Age: 28 Job status: Retired Credit app: Denied
Senior Member - 4K
posted: Aug. 4, 2008 @ 10:17a
posted: Aug. 5, 2008 @ 7:37p
No, it doesn't show. I've been self-employed for years (I have a real business) but have never wanted to explain this to credit card companies. I've also had 3 years with almost nothing on my income tax return when I was in graduate school and traveling abroad, and never had any problems. Banks don't have access to your tax return. I've never lied on an application, since 90% don't ask for personal income, but for "household income," and I've lived with my sister. At least now my personal income is back to normal, so for my next AOR I can fill out the other 10%. I've rarely been asked about my employer, though I've been asked about my occupation, for which I give them a vague idea that I'm a professional. I don't want to let on I'm a business owner since banks might see that as higher risk than salary.
posted: Aug. 6, 2008 @ 7:38p
no way. I have been on unemployment several times after diff layoffs and it has never been a problem. with my score. There have been several times that they did not have my correct current place of employment listed so I assume that they don't always update the records each time I get a new job unless i appy for a new card or notify them directly.
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.