• 1 234520
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Chase $200 Bonus expires 5/19/12

Buy from eB@y for $20 or less.

More info on the Chase $200 bank bonus coupon from HMB.

Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or with a negative balance. Offer valid through 5/19/12. To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; AND 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening. This deposit cannot be money held by Chase or its affiliates, nor can the bonus be used as the opening deposit. After we receive your minimum $100 deposit, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective as of 1/27/12, is 0.01% for all balances in all states. Interest rates are variable and may change. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. You can only receive one checking account-related bonus per calendar year. If your checking account is closed within six months, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

Chase $150 Bonus expires 6/15/12

Chase $150 coupon direct link.

Bonus/Account Information: Offer not available to existing Chase Checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, and those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or with a negative balance. To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your opening deposit cannot be money held by Chase or its affiliates, nor can the bonus be used as the opening deposit. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After we receive your first direct deposit, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. You can only receive one checking account-related bonus per calendar year. If your checking account is closed within six months, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing.

Chase $125 Bonus expires 5/12/12

Saw this this $125 Bonus til 5/12/12.

Bonus/Account Information:
Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or with a negative balance. Offer valid through 5/12/12. To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your opening deposit cannot be money held by Chase or its affiliates, nor can the bonus be used as the opening deposit. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After we receive your first direct deposit, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. You can only receive one checking account-related bonus per calendar year. If your checking account is closed within six months, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing. Cash bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

Chase $200 Coupon til 5/19/2012

Stolen from HMB $200 Chase Bonus post: 1) eB@y 2) guess and check 3) ask at the branch

Service Fee Info:

Service Fee — Chase Total CheckingSM has no monthly Service Fee when you do one of the following each statement period: 1) have at least one direct deposit of $500 or more post to your account (two or more direct deposits that add up to $500 or more do not qualify) or 2) keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in your checking account or 3) keep an average balance of $5,000 or more in qualifying accounts with Chase. Otherwise a $12 monthly Service Fee will apply ($10 monthly Service Fee in CA, OR and WA). Certain restrictions apply, please see a banker for details. The terms of this account, including any fees or features may change.

Important for all Chase Account Holders:

The account now has requirements of either

1) DD of $500 or more
2) $1500 in checking
3) $5000 combined between checking, savings, investments

More bank bonuses nationwide.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I plan on just putting $1500 and letting it sit for 6 months, then close account. Will that work?

campingontheedg (Nov. 10, 2012 @ 12:40p) |

It's been working for me for many years.

CanisMajor (Nov. 11, 2012 @ 12:43a) |

My ACH transfer from USAA triggered the $125 bonus. What is the fastest way to close the account?

joerockt2112 (Jan. 12, 2013 @ 9:03a) |

Direct link to Chase Checking $150 Bonus so you don't have to bother with HMB. *updated*

No need to buy from eBay. Here is the link for $200 coupon from Chase: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1190718/
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$125 bonus to do what? Open a new account ?

Get $125 when you open a Chase Free Checking Account and set up direct deposit.

Chase Free Checking is more than free, it's:

* FREE with Direct Deposit or 5 debit card purchases*
* FREE access to more than 9,000 Chase ATMs
* FREE Online Bill-Pay - including our Online On-Time GuaranteeSM**
* FREE Visa® Check Card with Zero Liability*** protection
* FREE Account Alerts sent by phone or e-mail to help you avoid fees
* FREE access to any of our 3,000 branches nationwide

Some have reported success stacking these $125 offers with a $25 referral code also, but not always. I've had 1 friend successfully stack them and another get rejected at the exact same Chase branch but on different days.

Nice! Thank you so much

How do I get this $125 coupon? I've just chatted with a sales rep and she said the marking dept "systematically" send out these coupons, but there were nothing I can do to get them.
Any links?

Personal Checking Account offer was discussed here.

For Business Checking, it is currently only available through branches (and not everywhere).

Here are the Terms:
"Offer valid 6/9/2008 through 8/22/2008. Offer not available on account conversions or in combination with any other offer. Open a Chase BusinessClassicSM, Chase Advanced Business CheckingSM, or BusinessPlus® checking account and deposit a minimum of $500 or more into your new business checking account within 30 days of account opening with funds not currently on deposit with Chase. Cash Reward will be deposited automatically into your checking account within 10 business days after the minimum deposit requirement is met. Account opening is subject to approval. Minimum opening deposit of $25 is required. One cash bonus per person or business entity. Offer only applicable for the following states: IL, WI, MI, IN, NY, CT, NJ, OH, WV, KY, FL, LA, OK, TX, CO, AZ, and UT. No shelf accounts accepted. Cash bonus may be considered interest reportable on IRS Form 1099-INT."

Edit: Fixed the link

muratk said: Personal Checking Account offer was discussed here.I don't see how this is related to an archived Meineke coupon.

has anyone who has done this before found that chase does a hard pull for checking accounts?

I read from previous thread, it's soft pull if you already have credit account with chase..
Also I funded this free checking account with citi credit card, as someone said it counts as purchase.
we will see.

does the biz acct require direct deposit.

bassmanben said: I don't see how this is related to an archived Meineke coupon.

Sorry, fixed the link.

bassmanben said: has anyone who has done this before found that chase does a hard pull for checking accounts?

No, soft - and they will offer you a credit card too.

bauzer71487 said:
No, soft - and they will offer you a credit card too.

Thanks for the info - I will apply for one then.

Thanks OP. Very easy to sign up online.

how many times can you get the free $100 / $125 a year? i know you can have more than one chase bank account at a time.

close the account after 180 days to avoid any fees.

I've received the $125 personal bonus recently; it comes quick and easy and you can use PayPal for your direct deposit. Note for the personal account, you can be from any state. Requires a monthly direct deposit (easier than 5 debit card transactions) to avoid fees, and account must remain open for 6 months.

Has anyone with a sole proprietorship/small biz successfully opened the business checking at a local branch? I have a very small sole prop, not much income. I was just wondering what info they will want, what questions they will ask, etc.

only one bonus per year (from the date of your last account)

xcoldricex said: only one bonus per year (from the date of your last account)

The fine print says one per calendar year.

Thanks.

I signed up online yesterday by logging into my credit card account, completed app. all good. I received an email reminding me to log back on after my funding bank received 2 test deposits. But I can't find the "verify deposits" link under the "My Applications" as instructed. There is no indication anywhere as to where My Applications area is! I looked at hide\unhide my accounts - it only shows the 1 CC account I'm logged into. I looked Everywhere. Does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks! (I tried to send email using their form, it timed out and said saved as draft - nope not saved. I just called their 800# and got into a wacked out loop there. all other business with them otherwise online has been good)

For me, it took over 24 hours after applying for the link to appear.

Click on the last tab on top..customer service tab.
Then on left, under "Open a new account", click on "NEW! check my application status"
Here's the screenshot

newtoyo said: I signed up online yesterday ..

minty123 said: For me, it took over 24 hours after applying for the link to appear.

Then on left, under "Open a new account", click on "NEW! check my application status"
Here's the screenshot

But we can't find the My Applications page to enter the 2 small deposits. Can anybody give some tips on how to find it?

runderwo said: xcoldricex said: only one bonus per year (from the date of your last account)

in my experience, they won't give you your bonus if it's been within a year of your last bonus though.

Did you read and even try to follow my instructions??

if you did, you wouldn't even ask.

Shelbyman said: minty123 said: For me, it took over 24 hours after applying for the link to appear.

Here's the screenshot

But we can't find the My Applications page to enter the 2 small deposits. Can anybody give some tips on how to find it?

minty123 said: Did you read and even try to follow my instructions??

if you did, you wouldn't even ask.

Shelbyman said: minty123 said: For me, it took over 24 hours after applying for the link to appear.

Here's the screenshot

Yes, I did follow your instructions, otherwise I wouldn't be asking. I don't have the those last 2 options, particularly "NEW! check my application status"! It has been well over 72 hours also. To be technical, I don't have a "Customer Service" tab--I have a "Customer Center
tab.

In regards to the 2 trial deposits. I finally got it to work.
Once I had the 2 trial deposits from my external account ( I did NOT fund via CC),
1)I logged into Chase.com
2)Clicked on the $125 link in the OP's 1st post
3)When the Chase Coupon appeared, I clicked on the link that says
apply online by October 15.
4)Clicked the Radio button that says "I would like to complete my previously saved application" click Next
5)From there, it allowed my to enter my 2 small deposits from the external bank
6)Printed the Signature Card and Chase Coupon.
A couple of steps later,it showed the "NEW! check my application status"

My guess is that if you fund via CC then when you log into Chase.com the "NEW! check my application status" is there already.
Within 5 minutes after I finished, I received an "Account Application has been approved" email confirmation.

I received $125 bonus in July 08 and $125 in November 07. Same for spouse.

xcoldricex said: runderwo said: xcoldricex said: only one bonus per year (from the date of your last account)

in my experience, they won't give you your bonus if it's been within a year of your last bonus though.

Shelbyman, I guess your case is different than what I experienced and I apologize for assuming you'd have the same experience. For our family, we opened 4 accounts. All were funded with a checking account and we all saw the link from clicking the last tab..customer service/center (I wasn't sure what it said exactly so I didn't put it in quotes but you get the idea).

good luck with the bonus. I just got a letter in the mail reminding me to make direct deposits in 60 days of account opening (this is for the regular checking).

dead? i went through all the motions and on the last page it said coupon code already redeemed. then it gives option to either continue without coupon or save and exit. i wasn't sure if continuing without coupon would mean no $125 bonus.... anyone know?

This question has already been asked, but... what does one need to qualify for a business account?

johnnyboy1016 said: dead? i went through all the motions and on the last page it said coupon code already redeemed. then it gives option to either continue without coupon or save and exit. i wasn't sure if continuing without coupon would mean no $125 bonus.... anyone know?

You must have generated a coupon without finishing up. It is actually coupon based with a coupon code. It generates a coupon with a unique code and after you have generated one coupon, the code sticks around and you have to get rid of it before a new coupon will be generated. Try logging out of everything, clearing your cookies, closing your browser, and then opening your browser and starting over.

Just signed up and funded via Citi Visa MtvU credit card for $2,000. Per posts in the previous thread, it should post as a purchase and I'll earn 2,000 TY points. Also, it should bump my Chase Freedom Rewards Card categories from the top three to the top five. Since I've been approved for the AMEX Costco TrueEarnings Business Card, which gives 5% on gas, I'll be shifting my gas pruchases from the Chase Card to the AMEX (and Discover when it's 5% for gas) and utilize the other three free categories.

Can anyone confirm that funding with a CC counts as a purchase ?

Worked for me. Do an online chat with them to make sure.

You can open a savings account at the same time so that you would be able to do another $2000 from the CC, you are supposed to keep $300 in there to avoid fees, but I believe there is some provision where you can make an automatic transfer from checking to savings of at least $25 once per month and get no fee on the savings for the first year. So just confirm that I'm right and set that up, and then every month after the transfer gets made you can move $25 back to checking if you want.

You have to do a direct deposit or 5 debit card purchases to avoid fees on the checking, last month I just bought 5 cherries (one at a time).

You mean you can use a credit card without it appearing as a "cash advance"? Won't you get CashBack rewards on it then?

I just shreaded a $200 bonus for new checking account with direct deposit. I got one a few months ago and used it to open an account. Got the bonus really quick too.

moneyisnteverything said: I've received the $125 personal bonus recently; it comes quick and easy and you can use PayPal for your direct deposit. Note for the personal account, you can be from any state. Requires a monthly direct deposit (easier than 5 debit card transactions) to avoid fees, and account must remain open for 6 months.

So can you do a direct deposit with a checking account you already have but with another bank such as citibank? At first I thought direct deposit could only happen with someone like an employer but it now appears that simply transferring funds to and from an account and bank to another account and bank is enough to make it a direct deposit. If this is true, that means I can also get an additional 200TY points per month by citibank by simply transferring funds between two accounts I have with two different banks. Right?

Skipping 749 Messages...
My ACH transfer from USAA triggered the $125 bonus. What is the fastest way to close the account?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014