Bad money saving ideas you tried

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
hungluu00 said: Changed the car engine oil by myself. I bought all the tools for more than $100 and did my first oil change before realizing that it was not worth my effort.
Now, I can have the oil changed by the professionals for roughly $10-$15 (excluding the oil). All the tools still sit in my garage


What are you driving that needs $100 in tools to change the oil??

Oil Pan - $10
Socket/Wrench - $2, 20 years ago in a set (I guess if you didn't have a socket set you could count that, but it's a multi-purpose item, not just for oil changes)
Funnel - $1
??? - $87

hungluu00 said: Changed the car engine oil by myself. I bought all the tools for more than $100 and did my first oil change before realizing that it was not worth my effort.
Now, I can have the oil changed by the professionals for roughly $10-$15 (excluding the oil). All the tools still sit in my garage


Do you drive a special car that requires expensive tools? I can change my car's oil using nothing more than a few common tools, and it never costs more than $5.

diljs said: hungluu00 said: Changed the car engine oil by myself. I bought all the tools for more than $100 and did my first oil change before realizing that it was not worth my effort.
Now, I can have the oil changed by the professionals for roughly $10-$15 (excluding the oil). All the tools still sit in my garage


What are you driving that needs $100 in tools to change the oil??

Oil Pan - $10
Socket/Wrench - $2, 20 years ago in a set (I guess if you didn't have a socket set you could count that, but it's a multi-purpose item, not just for oil changes)
Funnel - $1
??? - $87


To be fair, a "GOOD" 2 ton pump jack, rather than masturbating with a scissor jack, is about $20 bucks, on sale every week, at any store. However, My oil changes are on the costly side and that still does not come near them.

K & N Oil Filter= $12
4.5 Quarts of Royal Purple Oil= Buying either 4 or 5 bottles, every other time at $7 a bottle= $28 or 35
About 15 mins of labor=small cost of my time (sleep a little less on a saturday morning)

those are every 3 month costs, but first time?
Toolset=$20 sale for a damn good wrench set at some closeout clothing store, haha.
Jack= $20 at murrays, weekly 'sale'
one inch wrench head for K&N filter removal (strap ones are useless, its still much smaller)=$5
Oil Pan no brand Murrays= $3

Plus previous costs= approx first time cost of $95

However, that is me, I prefer being "frugal" by buying expensive oil and above average filter for my car which results in keeping my engine running like new and getting 30+mpg from a 1994 Honda Accord. I guess I'll take the higher cost of that oil and filter over a new car, especially when I bought this one for $3500.00 with only 60,000, and its been the best investment ever.

However, worst investment? I guess the cheap minimum insurance on my car, especially when It got crashed into and I had to go to court to prove that it was not my fault, AND still fix my car after=$1000 in lawyer, court fees, including the $200 in repairs, not counting the COUNTLESS hours I missed at work during this "affair".

So worst investment=not getting full coverage on my car.

diljs said: hungluu00 said: Changed the car engine oil by myself. I bought all the tools for more than $100 and did my first oil change before realizing that it was not worth my effort.
Now, I can have the oil changed by the professionals for roughly $10-$15 (excluding the oil). All the tools still sit in my garage


What are you driving that needs $100 in tools to change the oil??

Oil Pan - $10
Socket/Wrench - $2, 20 years ago in a set (I guess if you didn't have a socket set you could count that, but it's a multi-purpose item, not just for oil changes)
Funnel - $1
??? - $87


You forgot the most important thing: jack. . I had to have my car lift up and got underneath in order to remove the filter. That's why I said it was not worth it.

Alex7393111 said: diljs said: hungluu00 said: Changed the car engine oil by myself. I bought all the tools for more than $100 and did my first oil change before realizing that it was not worth my effort.
Now, I can have the oil changed by the professionals for roughly $10-$15 (excluding the oil). All the tools still sit in my garage


What are you driving that needs $100 in tools to change the oil??

Oil Pan - $10
Socket/Wrench - $2, 20 years ago in a set (I guess if you didn't have a socket set you could count that, but it's a multi-purpose item, not just for oil changes)
Funnel - $1
??? - $87


To be fair, a "GOOD" 2 ton pump jack, rather than masturbating with a scissor jack, is about $20 bucks, on sale every week, at any store. However, My oil changes are on the costly side and that still does not come near them.

K & N Oil Filter= $12
4.5 Quarts of Royal Purple Oil= Buying either 4 or 5 bottles, every other time at $7 a bottle= $28 or 35
About 15 mins of labor=small cost of my time (sleep a little less on a saturday morning)

those are every 3 month costs, but first time?
Toolset=$20 sale for a damn good wrench set at some closeout clothing store, haha.
Jack= $20 at murrays, weekly 'sale'
one inch wrench head for K&N filter removal (strap ones are useless, its still much smaller)=$5
Oil Pan no brand Murrays= $3

Plus previous costs= approx first time cost of $95

However, that is me, I prefer being "frugal" by buying expensive oil and above average filter for my car which results in keeping my engine running like new and getting 30+mpg from a 1994 Honda Accord. I guess I'll take the higher cost of that oil and filter over a new car, especially when I bought this one for $3500.00 with only 60,000, and its been the best investment ever.

However, worst investment? I guess the cheap minimum insurance on my car, especially when It got crashed into and I had to go to court to prove that it was not my fault, AND still fix my car after=$1000 in lawyer, court fees, including the $200 in repairs, not counting the COUNTLESS hours I missed at work during this "affair".

So worst investment=not getting full coverage on my car.


I bought the jack from Costco for around $90 and that time it took me more than an hour changing the oil . Plus the oil dripped all over my driveway .
What I do know is buying Mobil 1 from Costco and bring it to my local car service place.

lc204 said: Eating hot dogs for dinner every night. After awhile, your heart starts giving you signals that it can't take it anymore.

Back in college, my mom had volunteered for some charity carnival. She gave all the leftover hot dogs to my roommate and I. We learned that they are cheaper than the cheapest store brand hot dogs that we could find (just a few cents per frank). Eating cheap hot dogs that spent hours outside (during the carnival) two meals a day every day took its toll on our digestive systems.

That leads me to a place where money was well spent: renting an apartment with two bathrooms.

hungluu00 said: Alex7393111 said: diljs said: hungluu00 said: Changed the car engine oil by myself. I bought all the tools for more than $100 and did my first oil change before realizing that it was not worth my effort.
Now, I can have the oil changed by the professionals for roughly $10-$15 (excluding the oil). All the tools still sit in my garage


What are you driving that needs $100 in tools to change the oil??

Oil Pan - $10
Socket/Wrench - $2, 20 years ago in a set (I guess if you didn't have a socket set you could count that, but it's a multi-purpose item, not just for oil changes)
Funnel - $1
??? - $87


To be fair, a "GOOD" 2 ton pump jack, rather than masturbating with a scissor jack, is about $20 bucks, on sale every week, at any store. However, My oil changes are on the costly side and that still does not come near them.

K & N Oil Filter= $12
4.5 Quarts of Royal Purple Oil= Buying either 4 or 5 bottles, every other time at $7 a bottle= $28 or 35
About 15 mins of labor=small cost of my time (sleep a little less on a saturday morning)

those are every 3 month costs, but first time?
Toolset=$20 sale for a damn good wrench set at some closeout clothing store, haha.
Jack= $20 at murrays, weekly 'sale'
one inch wrench head for K&N filter removal (strap ones are useless, its still much smaller)=$5
Oil Pan no brand Murrays= $3

Plus previous costs= approx first time cost of $95

However, that is me, I prefer being "frugal" by buying expensive oil and above average filter for my car which results in keeping my engine running like new and getting 30+mpg from a 1994 Honda Accord. I guess I'll take the higher cost of that oil and filter over a new car, especially when I bought this one for $3500.00 with only 60,000, and its been the best investment ever.

However, worst investment? I guess the cheap minimum insurance on my car, especially when It got crashed into and I had to go to court to prove that it was not my fault, AND still fix my car after=$1000 in lawyer, court fees, including the $200 in repairs, not counting the COUNTLESS hours I missed at work during this "affair".

So worst investment=not getting full coverage on my car.


I bought the jack from Costco for around $90 and that time it took me more than an hour changing the oil . Plus the oil dripped all over my driveway .
What I do know is buying Mobil 1 from Costco and bring it to my local car service place.


Any of you guys ever just enjoy to do it? I mean I do my own changes to save money as well, and probably spent a bunch on equipment. But, now I can use synthetic w/o paying like $50+ for that at a garage. I spend like 25-30 on each oil change with oil left over for the next change. It evens out... and the convienence of changing it whenever you can is great. It takes like 45 - 1 hour to set up and clean up, but taking it to a garage .. travel would probabaly be like half hour back and forth if you live close and another 30 min to change plus the cost of gas to get there!

I don't think its so bad, at least you can say you know how to change your own oil and know something about your car! I get that nice feeling after I change it.. like I just did something important =D

Buying expensive stuff saying they are cheap

A 19000 USD car when I had a 2000 worth car running absolutely fine and in great shape. Sure it was a good deal and worth savings to someone but not me

+ve thing - I am wise as a sage. Paid off half of it in 1.5 years and cant wait to pay in full and drive this car forever

I'm trying to run my car to 200k... long way to go... im only at 53k.. haha ... I would love to buy a new car, but why should I when I got a perfectly good running car here.

Wid3load said: Any of you guys ever just enjoy to do it? I mean I do my own changes to save money as well, and probably spent a bunch on equipment. But, now I can use synthetic w/o paying like $50+ for that at a garage. I spend like 25-30 on each oil change with oil left over for the next change. It evens out... and the convienence of changing it whenever you can is great. It takes like 45 - 1 hour to set up and clean up, but taking it to a garage .. travel would probabaly be like half hour back and forth if you live close and another 30 min to change plus the cost of gas to get there!

I don't think its so bad, at least you can say you know how to change your own oil and know something about your car! I get that nice feeling after I change it.. like I just did something important =D

Yes, I enjoy working on my car, and it saves me a lot of money. Brakes, fluids etc... I can all do myself, on my time.

I wish I knew about car as I do about computers

ppatin said: sechs said: ppatin said: Oh yeah, using one month disposable contacts for much longer than a month was also a terrible idea. Eye infections are not fun.
Cheap and vain don't mix.


Wanting to be able to see clearly makes me vain?


I think you got it backwards - too cheap to change your contacts more frequently, too vain to keep cutting your own hair...

lc204 said: Eating hot dogs for dinner every night. After awhile, your heart starts giving you signals that it can't take it anymore.Real meat is cheaper than hot dogs, and I don't mean just the good all-beef kosher dogs but also the cheap ones made from pork, chicken, turkey, moose lips, and stuff deemed substandard for head cheese.

TyroneSchulace said: Thinking this was a cheap sex toy.It's cheap only if you have really good medical coverage, or so I've been told by a friend. Yeah friend.

hungluu00 said: diljs said: What are you driving that needs $100 in tools to change the oil??

Oil Pan - $10
Socket/Wrench - $2, 20 years ago in a set (I guess if you didn't have a socket set you could count that, but it's a multi-purpose item, not just for oil changes)
Funnel - $1
??? - $87
You forgot the most important thing: jack. . I had to have my car lift up and got underneath in order to remove the filter. That's why I said it was not worth it.

I bought the jack from Costco for around $90 and that time it took me more than an hour changing the oil . Plus the oil dripped all over my driveway.
You got under a car with just a jack??? What about jack stands or ramps for safety? I'd much rather use a $20 with jack stands or ramps than even the best jack with nothing else.

Car parts stores sell 3' x 5' metal pans to catch spills.

A plastic soda bottle makes a better funnel because of the wide mouth, and the plastic is resistant to about every chemical used in cars, including gasoline.

Yeah, don't use just a jack... my car fell off the jack...

Use 2 stands or a ramp.

larrymoencurly said: hungluu00 said: diljs said: What are you driving that needs $100 in tools to change the oil??

Oil Pan - $10
Socket/Wrench - $2, 20 years ago in a set (I guess if you didn't have a socket set you could count that, but it's a multi-purpose item, not just for oil changes)
Funnel - $1
??? - $87
You forgot the most important thing: jack. . I had to have my car lift up and got underneath in order to remove the filter. That's why I said it was not worth it.

I bought the jack from Costco for around $90 and that time it took me more than an hour changing the oil . Plus the oil dripped all over my driveway.
You got under a car with just a jack??? What about jack stands or ramps for safety? I'd much rather use a $20 with jack stands or ramps than even the best jack with nothing else.

Car parts stores sell 3' x 5' metal pans to catch spills.

A plastic soda bottle makes a better funnel because of the wide mouth, and the plastic is resistant to about every chemical used in cars, including gasoline.


I suppose it depends on your size and the vehicle's, but I crawl under the car without using a jack at all.

Applied Macy's store card for a 15% discount.
I was not familiar with the credit system at all. And that is my first trip to Macy's. Applied the store credit card, and I ended up buying just one item at around $35 with a saving at $5.
And worse than that, I cancelled this card right after I paid the $35 off.

Trying to wait to take a dump at work, in order to save a flush at home

Snaking my main sewer line to avoid calling the plumber on a weekend. Snake got tangled in tree roots 40 feet out from the house. When you eventually call the plumber and he says "backhoe", expect to be out $2000 at least.

Tried to save $50 by changing my own spark plugs. Needless to say, one plug was stuck. The guy in the AutoZone where I was borrowing tools was all too happy to lend me a torque wrench.

I snapped the plug off in the block and had to get the whole block rebuilt (or whatever the term is called) to the tune of about $1500.

Already been said, but:

1. Cutting own hair. The cutting part was fine, but it was almost impossible to shave the base of the neck even with a handheld mirror in the bathroom. The back of my hair would always look bad.

2. Buying too much in groceries. Stuff would constantly expire, so I wouldn't be saving much money over going out to eat. Instead, I now go to the grocery store on the way home from work maybe twice a week and only use a handbasket...not a cart. I just buy what I need for half a week.

beatme said: lc204 said: Eating hot dogs for dinner every night. After awhile, your heart starts giving you signals that it can't take it anymore.

Back in college, my mom had volunteered for some charity carnival. She gave all the leftover hot dogs to my roommate and I. We learned that they are cheaper than the cheapest store brand hot dogs that we could find (just a few cents per frank). Eating cheap hot dogs that spent hours outside (during the carnival) two meals a day every day took its toll on our digestive systems.

That leads me to a place where money was well spent: renting an apartment with two bathrooms.


So, you spent all your food savings on extra toilet paper & flushing water, eh?

beatme said: bombcar said: Wynstan said: People waiting long lines in the Costco gas station to save some money but turned on their A/C while waiting. What's the point?!

If they save $0.10 a gallon, and the AC costs are less than a buck, it evens out.


Once again, you neglect the cost of time. Unless, of course, sitting in the car is fun for you.

I usually grab a hot dog or chicken bake whenever I visit Costco. If I need to get gas that day, I do it after I finish my shopping and just eat while waiting in line.

larrymoencurly said: Venturion said: Getting the last smidgen of toothpaste out of the tube. It makes a mess (cutting open the tube), requires 5-minutes of time that I'll never get back, and doesn't seem to accumulate any tangible financial benefit.Flatten the tube from the bottom without rolling it up, and accordian that into the top of the tube.Put the tube flat on the counter and grab the bottom end. Take something flat like your toothbrush handle or the back of a comb, and squeegee the remaining paste towards the top. Takes all of 2 seconds, you don't need to buy some weird gizmo, and you get the satisfaction of squeezing a new tube of toothpaste from the middle instead of from the bottom.


My contribution to the list: I had about $20,000 saved for tuition when I started grad school. Since I didn't need to pay until 6 months into the school term, I wanted to maximize my earnings. I took 4 hours off work at my lab, visited a dozen banks and credit unions (this was just before the WWW became mainstream), and collected info on all their savings and CD account interest rates. I then read about all the different accounts and picked the best candidate from each bank. I put that info into a spreadsheet and calculated which account would generate the most interest for me in 6 months. When I finished, I gave myself a pat on the back for being smart with my money.

Then I noticed that the difference in interest earned between the best and worst bank was about $11. My work had earned me an averaged $5.50 over what I would've gotten had I just opened an account in the first bank I saw. I'd basically spent the last 4 hours working for $1.38/hr. Worse yet, I was being paid $10/hr by my lab, so I ended up losing $40 in potential earnings.

Overall it was a good lesson though. Now, before I invest a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to save money, I spend a few minutes doing a quick estimate to see if the effort would be worth my time.

I've tried to "fix" several things myself and winded up making an even bigger mess. Worst was when I blew the furnace controller on the coldest January day...
Slowly I'm learning it's easier and cheaper to leave certain things to the professionals.

CoffeeEater said: 1. Cutting own hair. The cutting part was fine, but it was almost impossible to shave the base of the neck even with a handheld mirror in the bathroom. The back of my hair would always look bad.

Take your hand, put it against the back of your head, and use the edge of your hand as a way to cut a straight line. No need to look in the mirror when doing your neck and you'll always have a nice straight line.

The OP has me worried as I've cut my own hair for years too. It sounds like the OP completely buzzed it off, I do mine at half an inch and no ones ever said anything.

markwm said: CoffeeEater said: 1. Cutting own hair. The cutting part was fine, but it was almost impossible to shave the base of the neck even with a handheld mirror in the bathroom. The back of my hair would always look bad.

Take your hand, put it against the back of your head, and use the edge of your hand as a way to cut a straight line. No need to look in the mirror when doing your neck and you'll always have a nice straight line.

The OP has me worried as I've cut my own hair for years too. It sounds like the OP completely buzzed it off, I do mine at half an inch and no ones ever said anything.


Yeah, I cut my own, too. I'm going bald in the middle, and I noticed that every time I would go to the barber, it would take about four minutes for them to give me a clipper cut. They even charged me the kids rate one time because they felt guilty about charging me full price. I use clipper with 1/2-inch guard and a mirror to trim my neck. My wife says it looks just fine, and she has no financial motive not to say that--we pay for haircuts out of our personal funds (not household funds). One $10 set of clippers from the dollar store is still going strong. Saved about $150 so far.

Solandri said:
My contribution to the list: I had about $20,000 saved for tuition when I started grad school. Since I didn't need to pay until 6 months into the school term, I wanted to maximize my earnings. I took 4 hours off work at my lab, visited a dozen banks and credit unions (this was just before the WWW became mainstream), and collected info on all their savings and CD account interest rates. I then read about all the different accounts and picked the best candidate from each bank. I put that info into a spreadsheet and calculated which account would generate the most interest for me in 6 months. When I finished, I gave myself a pat on the back for being smart with my money.

Then I noticed that the difference in interest earned between the best and worst bank was about $11. My work had earned me an averaged $5.50 over what I would've gotten had I just opened an account in the first bank I saw. I'd basically spent the last 4 hours working for $1.38/hr. Worse yet, I was being paid $10/hr by my lab, so I ended up losing $40 in potential earnings.

Overall it was a good lesson though. Now, before I invest a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to save money, I spend a few minutes doing a quick estimate to see if the effort would be worth my time.


Fortunately, we now have this thread!

I didn't buy an address book. I used the phone book, then crossed out the names of people I don't know. Too bulky, and it takes too long to rip out all the pages where I don't know anyone.

I bought old T-shirts at the Goodwill for a dime then just threw them out after wearing. I figured it would be cheaper than washing and drying them, but failed to factor in how ratty they would look.

A dark mahogany wood stain, removed after five minutes, is a much cheaper alternative to tanning salons. In theory.

Ever notice how many motels have "Free Breakfast" on their signs? It never says you have to be a guest there, does it? Turns out they assume you knew it was for guests only, and they have no sense of humor about it.

I realized that every wedding reception has a number of no-shows. I watched the newspaper for upcoming wedding announcements placed by people who want to show off how lavish their upcoming nuptials will be. I put on a nice suit, lined my empty camera bag with aluminum foil and plastic wrap, and invited myself. I got to enjoy a great meal as well as a "to go" bag for later. If you want to try this, if anyone asks who you are, just say you're third cousin Pat from out west (or east)- "I'm the one who is just getting over that bad head injury." That stops a lot of questions. But you need to be more careful than I was. If you're Caucasian, skip the Asian weddings. You kind of stick out.

Many people who use self-service car washes finish and leave before the timer has expired. I figured if I was quick enough, I could get a little of my own car washed before the timer ran out. Downside is that it takes an hour or two of hanging around before you get to finish the whole car. Not really worth it.

You'd think anything free would be good, right? Not true with roadkill.

I noticed how often rushed grocery shoppers with little children forget something in the cart after loading up the car. Decided to stroll around the parking lot so I could be that nice person who offers to return the cart to the store because "I'm on my way in anyway." Not enough stuff left in the cart to make it worth spending all day there.

My neighbor whom I don't care for was on vacation, and I thought that was as good a time as any to finish my large carpentry project with my power tools. A long extension cord found its way over to my neighbor's outlet on the back of his house. If you do this, make sure they don't come home earlier than they told you. Very embarrassing.

kranky said: My neighbor whom I don't care for was on vacation, and I thought that was as good a time as any to finish my large carpentry project with my power tools. A long extension cord found its way over to my neighbor's outlet on the back of his house. If you do this, make sure they don't come home earlier than they told you. Very embarrassing.Just turn off your main circuit breaker and wire your breaker box into his extension cord.

Trying to transfer money into my checking account "in time" from my savings account to maximize my interest...need a high-yield checking account and not bother with the savings account.

undies said: kranky said: My neighbor whom I don't care for was on vacation, and I thought that was as good a time as any to finish my large carpentry project with my power tools. A long extension cord found its way over to my neighbor's outlet on the back of his house. If you do this, make sure they don't come home earlier than they told you. Very embarrassing.Just turn off your main circuit breaker and wire your breaker box into his extension cord.

Why don't you just save time and burglarize his house while your at it, seeing that the whole ethics and legality thing has been thrown out the window.

sxn said: undies said: kranky said: My neighbor whom I don't care for was on vacation, and I thought that was as good a time as any to finish my large carpentry project with my power tools. A long extension cord found its way over to my neighbor's outlet on the back of his house. If you do this, make sure they don't come home earlier than they told you. Very embarrassing.Just turn off your main circuit breaker and wire your breaker box into his extension cord.

Why don't you just save time and burglarize his house while your at it, seeing that the whole ethics and legality thing has been thrown out the window.

I had hoped my post was so ridiculous as to make it obvious I was joking.

save money by cutting back on minutes on my alltel bill... only by totally going over and spending 100 bucks on overages.... great thinking...

therivler1 said: Wid3load said: Any of you guys ever just enjoy to do it? I mean I do my own changes to save money as well, and probably spent a bunch on equipment. But, now I can use synthetic w/o paying like $50+ for that at a garage. I spend like 25-30 on each oil change with oil left over for the next change. It evens out... and the convienence of changing it whenever you can is great. It takes like 45 - 1 hour to set up and clean up, but taking it to a garage .. travel would probabaly be like half hour back and forth if you live close and another 30 min to change plus the cost of gas to get there!

I don't think its so bad, at least you can say you know how to change your own oil and know something about your car! I get that nice feeling after I change it.. like I just did something important =D

Yes, I enjoy working on my car, and it saves me a lot of money. Brakes, fluids etc... I can all do myself, on my time.


tottaly... the money I have saved....

Fan assembly
Fan relay
Belts
Plugs
PCV valves
brake pads
fuel lines (bike)
airfilters
Fan clutch (dif. car)
audio stuff installation and all...

savings are over the thousands of dollars... and its fun (usually)

It helps for me that I come to befriend a guy with a Body Shop... and I sell cars on the side for some extra dough... makes it very worth it... I throw my buddy 100 dollars here and there and He is happy ! (he is the paycheck to paycheck kinda guy, regardless of size of paycheck)

ak649 said: OmegaDeal said:
Were you taking them out daily to wash them? I remember a class action suit from a while back against Accuvue because the daily disposables were nothing more than the real ones.


I use acuvue daily disposables -- not every day, but once in a while, when going out coz my eyes get dry and itchy. the most i've done is use a pair twice, only if i used them for a few hours the first time. but now i've noticed that the last batch i got gets all crinkly when i try to rinse it, even if it is when i am first putting them in and have something in my eye.


In the past, the daily disposables and the two-week disposables were the same product marketed differently. At most, different technologies were used in the manufacture but the products were the same. Nowadays, the new daily disposables are physically different from two-week disposables. The daily disposables are thinner so they allow more oxygen through and are thus more comfortable but are also weaker.

Cheap toilet paper that ends up being thin and crappy so you use more and still feel icky. Or trying to use water instead like they did traditionally in India...Google "lota" ...yeah, don't ask.

Cheap food, esp. "fresh" bread that goes moldy before I can eat it all. There's a reason it's $1.50 a loaf!

Maxing that 401k?

dhl said: Using free cologne samples from magazines at newstands instead of showering.

lol that's hilarious. so some poor soul bought that magazine only the find the pages smelling of BO?

guruganesha said: Cheap toilet paper that ends up being thin and crappy so you use more and still feel icky.

be careful, I heard that can give you hemorrhoids



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014