• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Live Again.

https://www.WTDirect.com/WTDirect/
Please do not link to keep the offer alive longer.

Enter promotion code at the bottom of first application page.
Promotion Code: WTG3DNC

- $50 Bonus for balance $10000
- $100 Bonus for balance $20000
- $150 Bonus for balance $30000
- $200 Bonus for balance $40000
- $250 Bonus for balance over $50000

Deal Expires December 22, 2008

- OPEN a new account -- use promotion code “WTG3DNC”
- LINK an existing bank account to your new WTDirect account during the application process.
- FUND your new WTDirect account by initiating an online transfer by 12/22/08.
- EARN your bonus -- calculated by determining the average balance from 1/1/09 – 2/28/09. During that time, you will have 100% access to your funds.
- RECEIVE your cash bonus in mid-March. It will be deposited directly to your WTDirect account.

FDIC-insured to maximum allowable limit, $250,000 per depositor through 12/31/09.

Information to set up an ACH link to/from your WTDirect account:
Bank name: Wilmington Trust
Routing number: 052173464
Account number: your account number
Account type: Savings

Old deal for information only:
- $100 Bonus for balance between $10000 - $14999
- $150 Bonus for balance between $15000 - $19999
- $200 Bonus for balance between $20000 - $24999
- $250 Bonus for balance over $25000

expired link: http://www.WTDirect.com/cash-bonus/?promo=WTF3SOB

*Annual Percentage Yield. APY is variable and is effective as of 8/1/08 and may change at any time. There is no minimum deposit required to open the account. For the first 60 days from the date the account is opened, regardless of the account balance, the account will earn our highest APY, which is variable and is currently 3.31%. After the first 60 days, the APY for the account will have two tiers: (a) a higher APY for accounts with balances of $10,000 or more (variable and currently 3.31% APY); and (b) a lower APY for accounts with balances of less than $10,000 (variable and currently 0.50% APY). +FDIC-insured up to $100,000 per depositor with Wilmington Trust FSB.

This offer is available to new WTDirect clients only, through 9/5/08. Open a WTDirect account using promotion code "WTF3SOB" to be eligible to receive new client bonus. Bonus is determined by client's WTDirect account balance at the time of initial account funding. Account must remain open and in good standing and balance level cannot decrease from initial funding balance for 60 days to receive bonus. Bonus will be credited to client’s WTDirect account during the first week of November, subject to the conditions noted above. WTDirect reserves the right to extend or cancel the bonus offer at any time.

* As of 8:00pm ET August 25th, this limited time offer is no longer available.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
me too

spacecadet610 (Mar. 10, 2009 @ 10:48a) |

03/11/2009 DEPOSIT - THANKS FOR YOUR BUSINESS $250.00

Nummerkins (Mar. 12, 2009 @ 9:26a) |

Got mine too. When's the next offer?

kjgco (Mar. 12, 2009 @ 9:52a) |

From "Rates" page
Service Charges:
Minimum Balance Fee $0
Bank to Bank Transfer $0

From "Moving Money" page
Online Transfers Initial Deposits From another financial institution will be available 7 (business days) after day of deposit

Subsequent Deposits From another financial institution available immediately upon receipt of funds in your account

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. We were performing maintenance on our systems during different time periods on both 8/23 and 8/24. Applications that were submitted during this time period were placed into review automatically. We are in the process now of reviewing all of the information provided in your application to make a decision. Once this has been completed you will receive an email with your application status. Please be assured that we are working as fast as possible in order to notify our clients of their application status.

Info to set up an ACH link to/from your WTDirect account:

Bank name: Wilmington Trust
Routing number: 052173464
Account number: (whatever)
Account type: Savings

INFO ON 0.5% PROMO RATE (Targeted via email, from December 1 through March 31).

1) If you did not receive a promo rate email sent specifically to you, you cannot get the promo rate (a 0.5% bump to the standard rate for four months)

2) If you don't opt-in to the promo, then you will not get the promo rate.

3) They are aware that people have had problems clicking the email link.

4) If clicking doesn't work in your email, the recommended method to contact WTD to opt-in was by phone, 800-983-4732. However, an in-account secure email specifying that you want to opt-in should work.

5) Since the promo rate doesn't kick in until December 1 (thru March 31), there won't be anything visible in online banking until a few days into December. At that point the promo rate should be visible online.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This seems like a good deal considering you only need to keep it for 60 days

DWooley said: - $100 Bonus for balance between $10000 - $14999

http://www.WTDirect.com/cash-bonus/?promo=WTF3SOB

*Annual Percentage Yield. APY is variable and is effective as of 8/1/08 and may change at any time. There is no minimum deposit required to open the account. For the first 60 days from the date the account is opened, regardless of the account balance, the account will earn our highest APY, which is variable and is currently 3.31%. After the first 60 days, the APY for the account will have two tiers: (a) a higher APY for accounts with balances of $10,000 or more (variable and currently 3.31% APY); and (b) a lower APY for accounts with balances of less than $10,000 (variable and currently 0.50% APY). +FDIC-insured up to $100,000 per depositor with Wilmington Trust FSB.

This offer is available to new WTDirect clients only, through 9/5/08. Open a WTDirect account using promotion code "WTF3SOB" to be eligible to receive new client bonus. Bonus is determined by client's WTDirect account balance at the time of initial account funding. Account must remain open and in good standing and balance level cannot decrease from initial funding balance for 60 days to receive bonus. Bonus will be credited to client’s WTDirect account during the first week of November, subject to the conditions noted above. WTDirect reserves the right to extend or cancel the bonus offer at any time.

RagingBull said: This seems like a good deal considering you only need to keep it for 60 days
You could draw the $25k from a HELOC for 60 days, and still come out ahead by over $150.

Too bad I already have a WTDirect account

Too bad all my lines of credit are tapped.

How is this account? Free checks, etc.

Notice that apps are "reviewed" before approved. So there could be some delays.

Also, notice the proviso when funding online:

Funding Online: Provide your funding account information online, and we will initiate a one time transfer for the amount you requested. There is no fee for this transfer and your funds will be credited to your new WTDirect Savings Account within 4 business days after we have verified your ownership of your funding account.
So there is a potential funds black hole when initially depositing, like what caused so much angst with FNBO.

Anyone with personal WTDirect experience please chime in.

i think this involves a hard inquiry

I just submitted my app. It says during the process that they don't pull a report. I had a problem with the first try as the question EQ gave was a trick question with two right answers and I picked the wrong right answer this time. So I was on the phone with the CSR who also stated they don't pull a credit report. Anyway, the solution to my failed app was to clear my cookies, go back a try again and this time hope the right answer I pick is the right answer which it was this time.

Thank you OP. FWF has just been dying for actual deals lately. 36 pounds of coins works, but it is actual work!

edit: ok, does this place take the trial deposits back or am I actually going to make 253.91 after linking up all my accounts?!?

Well my wife wanted in on the deal too, so I decided to copy and paste the verbiage from the app to set at ease the minds of inquiry worry warts.

WTDirect said: This information will be used only to verify your identity and will not be used for any other purpose. We do not perform a credit check and your answers to these questions will not affect your credit rating.

What a deal.

I am not sure, but I don't think, I have to keep to the 25k in there the whole 60 days, anyone confirm?

WalStMonky said: edit: ok, does this place take the trial deposits back or am I actually going to make 253.91 after linking up all my accounts?!? Only on FatWallet. Truly, only on FatWallet.

Just kiddin' WalStMonky, you know we love you.

PorStaker said: What a deal.

I am not sure, but I don't think, I have to keep to the 25k in there the whole 60 days, anyone confirm?

Account must remain open and in good standing and balance level cannot decrease from initial funding balance for 60 days to receive bonus. Bonus will be credited to client’s WTDirect account during the first week of November, subject to the conditions noted above. WTDirect reserves the right to extend or cancel the bonus offer at any time.

- $100 Bonus for balance between $10000 - $14999

This means you get 1% of your deposit after 2 months. Thats 6% APY + 3.3% APY for saving account = 9.3% APY for 2 months.

Considering we have 5% offers available, 9.3 - 5 = 4.3/6 = 0.7 % of your total deposit - income tax is your net additional gain after 2 months.

Even though the offer seems to be attractive, after this calculation it does not seems so great.

This is not to offent OP but to calculate how good the offer is.

I am sorry if there are errors in the calculation and

THANKS OP FOR SHARING THIS WITH US.

Thank you OP for the good deal. I just have one concern that why would they use such promotion code "wft3sob"?? Does it stand for "what the XXXX" "son of 13itch" ?? Or am I just thinking too much...

hkguyatus said: Thank you OP for the good deal. I just have one concern that why would they use such promotion code "wft3sob"?? Does it stand for "what the XXXX" "son of 13itch" ?? Or am I just thinking too much...

LOL, yea you're right. Promo code beginning with WTF and ending with SOB.

NVM.

Removed for stupidity!

My app was approved online. No indication of any delay for "review"?

honeymay98 said: hkguyatus said: Thank you OP for the good deal. I just have one concern that why would they use such promotion code "wft3sob"?? Does it stand for "what the XXXX" "son of 13itch" ?? Or am I just thinking too much...

LOL, yea you're right. Promo code beginning with WTF and ending with SOB.

Marketing must have been on crack when they came up with that promotion.

This is about 9.2% APY for 60 days, although I suspect that actual returns will be lower, because your money will be in "transit" in the beginning, and your payout won't come at exactly 60 days.

So count for about 7.5-8% return on your $25K for about 3 months.

Ah, if only this place accepted credit card funding. Ok, ok, I will stop dreaming.

Is it some referral code?

http://www.WTDirect.com/cash-bonus/ works too it seems...

How do they count the inital funding?
If it is linked to my another bank account, it takes time... I probably will go to fund as much as they allow using credit card, and put the remaining balance with my another account, but not sure their definition of "initial funding" which is kind of tricky...
Anyone has idea?
thanks

WalStMonky said:

Thank you OP. FWF has just been dying for actual deals lately. 36 pounds of coins works, but it is actual work!

How true. Thanks, OP, for welcome relief from the sob stories, moronic questions, and unintelligible babbling we've been enduring of late.

tolamapS said: honeymay98 said: hkguyatus said: This is about 9.2% APY for 60 days...

Actually, it's even better by my calcs (ignoring "black hole" losses):

$25K @ 3.26% (3.31% APY) for 60 days -> 134.33 + 250 bonus = 384.33 ROI which is the same as...

$25K @ 9.28% (9.72% APY) for 60 days -> 384.24

Junk bond returns with no risk - so what's not to like?

wiredspider said: Is it some referral code?

http://www.WTDirect.com/cash-bonus/ works too it seems...

I do not know; but when you load that page without the code, it still says in the small print, "Open a WTDirect account using promotion code "WTF3SOB" to be eligible to receive new client bonus."

Well, I'm in. Thanks OP!

Thanks OP. I opened the account with 10 dollar initial deposit. Once account is set up I am planning to transfer another 25K. I hope the money will still qualify for the benefits. Does any one see any problem with that. I could not figure what is the criteria for bonus (Like how the initial funding will be calculated). Thanks.

satpreet0 said: Thanks OP. I opened the account with 10 dollar initial deposit. Once account is set up I am planning to transfer another 25K. I hope the money will still qualify for the benefits. Does any one see any problem with that. I could not figure what is the criteria for bonus (Like how the initial funding will be calculated). Thanks.
From OP:
"Bonus is determined by client's WTDirect account balance at the time of initial account funding. "

gwu1986 said: satpreet0 said: Thanks OP. I opened the account with 10 dollar initial deposit. Once account is set up I am planning to transfer another 25K. I hope the money will still qualify for the benefits. Does any one see any problem with that. I could not figure what is the criteria for bonus (Like how the initial funding will be calculated). Thanks.
From OP:
"Bonus is determined by client's WTDirect account balance at the time of initial account funding. "
Thanks OP. I have sent an email to customer service on how to change my initial funding or I will drop this whole idea.

gwu1986 said: satpreet0 said: Thanks OP. I opened the account with 10 dollar initial deposit. Once account is set up I am planning to transfer another 25K. I hope the money will still qualify for the benefits. Does any one see any problem with that. I could not figure what is the criteria for bonus (Like how the initial funding will be calculated). Thanks.
From OP:

It says on WT Direct's webpage: "To initially fund by check, please write a check for at least $1 payable to WTDirect. Include your Application ID (provided when you applied) or account number in the memo field of the check, and mail the check to WTDirect Deposits, P.O.Box 8892, Wilmington, DE 19899-8892."
https://www.wtdirect.com/wtdirect/index.jsp?section=Savings&fileid=1154437322000#q10

Does the app give you the option to fund by check? I read in old threads that they have slow ACH, so I don't want to lose lots of interest in an ACH transfer.

beethovengirl said: gwu1986 said: satpreet0 said: Thanks OP. I opened the account with 10 dollar initial deposit. Once account is set up I am planning to transfer another 25K. I hope the money will still qualify for the benefits. Does any one see any problem with that. I could not figure what is the criteria for bonus (Like how the initial funding will be calculated). Thanks.
From OP:

It says on WT Direct's webpage: "To initially fund by check, please write a check for at least $1 payable to WTDirect. Include your Application ID (provided when you applied) or account number in the memo field of the check, and mail the check to WTDirect Deposits, P.O.Box 8892, Wilmington, DE 19899-8892."
https://www.wtdirect.com/wtdirect/index.jsp?section=Savings&fileid=1154437322000#q10

Does the app give you the option to fund by check? I read in old threads that they have slow ACH, so I don't want to lose lots of interest in an ACH transfer.

I'm pretty sure that this application gave the option to do initial funding by check.

Thanks OP

I just check the financial strength of Wilmington Trust FSB at bauerfinancial.com. It is rated 3 stars, which is the same as WAMU. They only recommmend doing business with 4 or 5 star banks.

I just went through Indymac's takeover, and today I pulled my savings from WAMU. I am looking for a safe place to park it. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan & into the fire....

Does anyone have more information on the financial strength/weakness of WTDirect?

I'm not sure why anyone would care about the financial strength of WTD. My only concern is the financial strength of the FDIC.

chanterelle said: I just check the financial strength of Wilmington Trust FSB at bauerfinancial.com. It is rated 3 stars, which is the same as WAMU. They only recommmend doing business with 4 or 5 star banks.

I just went through Indymac's takeover, and today I pulled my savings from WAMU. I am looking for a safe place to park it. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan & into the fire....

Does anyone have more information on the financial strength/weakness of WTDirect?

Only put in 25K. If the bank fails, you are insured. And you will actually get your check faster because the FDIC has them in the mail Monday morning.

Will they take an initial deposit via dollar coins?

Compared to Capital One Direct Savings with Costco giving 3.75% APY, this gives 3.31% APY, effectively giving $110 less at the end of one year i.e. $55 if one keeps it open for 6 months only as someone pointed out above. Still $195 or so before taxes bonus is not bad for opening one account. I did. Note, don't deposit $25000 first time, but instead $25000"+".
Secondly, there is a sweepstakes for depositing $500+ (max 5 entries), in case one wants to try luck... Not sure if going for $23k + $501*4 would get both $250 and the 5 entries for those who are interested. Linked

You only need to leave the money for 60 days.

If you play the game, it's good to remember that Reg D is in force with these accounts. I thought of an automated simultaneous ACH pull/push of $500 before I thought about limited # of withdrawls.

kamerkar said: - $100 Bonus for balance between $10000 - $14999

This means you get 1% of your deposit after 2 months. Thats 6% APY + 3.3% APY for saving account = 9.3% APY for 2 months.

Considering we have 5% offers available, 9.3 - 5 = 4.3/6 = 0.7 % of your total deposit - income tax is your net additional gain after 2 months.

Even though the offer seems to be attractive, after this calculation it does not seems so great.

This is not to offent OP but to calculate how good the offer is.

I am sorry if there are errors in the calculation and

THANKS OP FOR SHARING THIS WITH US.

You're thinking too much. 5% of $25,000 is $1,250. over 2 months its $208. 3.3% of $25,000 is $825. Over 2 months its $137. $137 + 250 = $387. $387 - $208 = prodit of $179. Its a good offer.

I'm in. Did the microdeposits rather than supplying the username/password. Partly because of sending that stuff through the internet, but also so that I can check here next week to make sure nothing goes horribly wrong. THANK YOU op.

Skipping 136 Messages...
Got mine too. When's the next offer?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.