• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here's how:

1) Open and fund a new Ultimate Savings Account with a minimum initial deposit of $1,000 by 12/31/2008.
2) Maintain a minimum balance of $1,000 in your account each month for the next 3 consecutive calendar months.

Linky

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks! More info from the link:

This offer is not available at Citibank Financial Centers.

* $25 offer is only available for first-time Citibank deposit account customers, and will be paid only once to any individual. Persons who currently have or at any time have had a deposit account at Citibank (or any of its predecessor banks) are not eligible. To qualify for this offer you must: (1) Open and fund a new Ultimate Savings Account with a minimum initial deposit of $1,000 by using offer code CYA8 and (2) maintain a minimum balance of $1,000 in your account each month for the next 3 consecutive calendar months. $25 will be credited to your Ultimate Savings Account within 120 days from the date of satisfaction of offer terms. Account must be in good standing at the time of $25 credit. The amount of any bonus payment will be reported to the IRS as interest earned in the year credited.

Offer can be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice, expires , is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer.

** No monthly maintenance fee applies when held as a stand-alone account in the Citibank Account relationship package. Other account charges may apply.

Thanks, Just in time!

Do they pull out our credit report? Hard or soft?

你登录了再申请,应该就不pull吧。
UNC的?
jiajiaunc said: Do they pull out our credit report? Hard or soft?

呵呵,已经毕业了
什么叫登录了再申请啊?我根本就没有他家的帐户~

哈哈,肥钱包上居然看见中文了。。。

thanks, OP. Greened.

it appears that citi does a hard when opening a savings, has anyone experienced the otherwise?

szhang6 said: 你登录了再申请,应该就不pull吧。
UNC的?

What the hell?

szhang6 said: 你登录了再申请,应该就不pull吧。
UNC的?
jiajiaunc said: Do they pull out our credit report? Hard or soft?

It's impolite to use a foreign language in the presence (virtual or otherwise) of others who don't know the language.

ETA: I've never had a hard inquiry opening a Citibank checking or savings account. Others have reported hard credit inquiries, most with online applications. A Citi CSR told me that they use ChexSystems and use Equifax just for identity verification -- a soft credit inquiry. YMMV.

Just applied, & accepted but had to open an E-Z Checking Account & keep $1500 in them both. Scumbags.

Horgk said: Just applied, & accepted but had to open an E-Z Checking Account & keep $1500 in them both. Scumbags.

That's only online. If you don't want the checking, open it with a rep over the phone.

bittul said: Horgk said: Just applied, & accepted but had to open an E-Z Checking Account & keep $1500 in them both. Scumbags.

That's only online. If you don't want the checking, open it with a rep over the phone.
Or because you didn't do it properly. I opened an ultimate savings without checking online. If you call they'll just try to make more sales pitches.

I did it properly.

It's "default" on the app, no way out of it, I also called a rep, over the phone they said the same thing.

checking doesn't even show up in my account. Odd.

"You must apply online at citibank.com or by phone to open a Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account in one of the following qualifying relationship packages: Citibank® EZ Checking, Citibank Account, Citibank Everything Counts ®, or Citigold® Account. Applicant must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) who is at least 18 years old with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. All accounts are subject to approval. Deposits are subject to Citibank's standard funds availability schedule.

**No monthly maintenance fee applies when held as a stand-alone account in the Citibank® EZ Checking relationship package. Other account charges may apply."

I think you're fine. As indicated in the **, the account does not have a monthly fee when held as a stand-alone account in the EZ checking relationship package. That's how mine is setup. My confirmation e-mail said:
"Citibank would like to take this opportunity to thank you for opening Citibank® EZ Checking with the following product(s):
Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account"
The wording is confusing but that does NOT mean I have a checking account. I am confident of this fact because everytime I make a deposit to my ultimate savings account in a branch, they bug me to open a checking account.

thanks!

mttatkns said: I think you're fine. As indicated in the **, the account does not have a monthly fee when held as a stand-alone account in the EZ checking relationship package. That's how mine is setup. My confirmation e-mail said:
"Citibank would like to take this opportunity to thank you for opening Citibank® EZ Checking with the following product(s):
Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account"
The wording is confusing but that does NOT mean I have a checking account. I am confident of this fact because everytime I make a deposit to my ultimate savings account in a branch, they bug me to open a checking account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.