• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
glenatuf said: SummerSoFar said: Why does everything bad always originate from Texas...???

Because y'all won't mess with us, as per our intense propaganda campaign.
Actually, Miami gives TX a run for its fraudulently-obtained money in this regard.

delete

This sounds like the Superman 3 scam...

I just got a similar charge from the same company...my bank is going for a chargeback and also closed my account. The fraud department said that it was a fishing amount to see if a larger would go throught later.

I received a charge of 0.12 on my debit card (a signature transaction)on Nov. 13. I submitted a dispute with my bank and am waiting to hear what the charge is for.

I received a charge of 0.12 on my debit card (a signature transaction)on Nov. 13. I submitted a dispute with my bank and am waiting to hear what the charge is for.

Something similar happened to me. A few days after the charge, some kid was paying for stuff on World of Warcraft with my CC.

I am also getting a charge on my credit card like this. There are other people as well posting at http://phoneowner.info/Number.aspx/8007640847#pYBA0dpWkDwCwpAjLGRdJjw trying to locate the owner of the reference phone number for the charge. I have posted specific logging information at that site for anyone who cares (my personal information is removed)

I am also getting a charge on my credit card like this. There are other people as well posting at http://phoneowner.info/Number.aspx/8007640847#pYBA0dpWkDwCwpAjLGRdJjw trying to locate the owner of the reference phone number for the charge. I have posted specific logging information at that site for anyone who cares (my personal information is removed)

I do make a lot of charges on the credit card I use the most (an airlines miles card), so it's easy for me to miss what small stuff is on the bill. But no unusual stuff as I just checked.

But one thing I have been called by banks to verify if I made the charge is when I've made small gas purchases right at a gas pump. A thief might test your card at a gas pump first (safe because they're dealing with no cashier). If that works, then they go and charge up a storm. If the thief found/stole your wallet, they probably know your zip code from something else in it, as that's all gas pumps usually ask for.

I too got a charge from GFDL for .16 cents. The credit card company told me that credit card thieves do this to see if a card is active before they start using it for fraudulant charges. Contact your credit card company ASAP and have them close your account.

They did this in Superman III!

Yeahhhhhh.

Just got my statement and yup, there's the charge on my Banana Republic card. Called to dispute and will cancel the card.

The scam continues. A few days ago I got a call from my credit card company about this company's charge on my account. A shame I can't keep it; it's a credit charge!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.