• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
cli168 said: It saids:

"Our records indicate that you already have an account. This new account does not qualify for an account-opening bonus."

From reading the previous posts, it sounds like you can qualify for the bonus, even if you did have an account.
Am I wrong?

How did you open the account? I opened another account straight from the save yourself website and it appears to be fine.

2stepsbehind said: cli168 said: It saids:

"Our records indicate that you already have an account. This new account does not qualify for an account-opening bonus."

From reading the previous posts, it sounds like you can qualify for the bonus, even if you did have an account.
Am I wrong?

How did you open the account? I opened another account straight from the save yourself website and it appears to be fine.

I got the same message. I sent them a secure email; they assured me I could qualify for the bonus. They gave me a generic code (177) to use, and said to contact them once the new acct was opened. On the list for later today.

I assume your opening deposit counts as your first months deposit? Then set up monthly deposits to
begin in Jan.?

Anybody sign up for the SpaFinder.com deal?

http://www.tdameritrade.com/saveyourself/spa/index.html?uid=1012...

I was thinking it could make for a few good Christmas presents.

RacerxxLP said: I assume your opening deposit counts as your first months deposit? Then set up monthly deposits to
begin in Jan.?

If I'm remembering correctly the opening deposit did not count as the first month's deposit i.e. last time I had $650+ in my account before the $100 was credited.

Just got this when I sent a message to them
Yes sir, your first deposit starts off the 12 consecutive months. So there are 11 more to go and the next should be approximately 30 days after your first deposit. Please contact us if we can assist you in any way and thank you for choosing TD Ameritrade. If you have additional questions or investing needs, please respond to this email or call us at 1-800-669-3900.

Can someone confirm that what they call a Wire (standard) transfer is an ACH and not an actual wire transfer? I don't see any explicit way of setting up ACH from within Ameritrade and their help points me at the wire transfer page. Also, when I input the ABA and account numbers from my Fidelity checks, I get "Invalid Account Number"

klep said: Can someone confirm that what they call a Wire (standard) transfer is an ACH and not an actual wire transfer? I don't see any explicit way of setting up ACH from within Ameritrade and their help points me at the wire transfer page. Also, when I input the ABA and account numbers from my Fidelity checks, I get "Invalid Account Number"Go to the "account" tab, "deposits/withdrawals". Select "Deposit" button, and "Electronic (ACH)" from the pull-down menu. I'm not sure if you have to go to "bank setup" first to established your linked accounts.

Glitch99 said: Go to the "account" tab, "deposits/withdrawals". Select "Deposit" button, and "Electronic (ACH)" from the pull-down menu. I'm not sure if you have to go to "bank setup" first to established your linked accounts.

Thanks, but that doesn't even show up as a deposit type. Perhaps new accounts can't do ACH xfers right away? Or maybe ACH is currently unavailable? Either way, you've confirmed that you have an option that I don't, so I'll stop looking/wondering.

klep said: Glitch99 said: Go to the "account" tab, "deposits/withdrawals". Select "Deposit" button, and "Electronic (ACH)" from the pull-down menu. I'm not sure if you have to go to "bank setup" first to established your linked accounts.

Thanks, but that doesn't even show up as a deposit type. Perhaps new accounts can't do ACH xfers right away? Or maybe ACH is currently unavailable? Either way, you've confirmed that you have an option that I don't, so I'll stop looking/wondering.
You could always shoot them an email and find out for sure.

account -> deposit/withdraw -> bank setup -> add net setup -> select ACH

you will have to setup the ACH, before you will see it for deposit

klep said: Thanks, but that doesn't even show up as a deposit type. Perhaps new accounts can't do ACH xfers right away? Or maybe ACH is currently unavailable? Either way, you've confirmed that you have an option that I don't, so I'll stop looking/wondering.I just went through this. You'll need to setup your bank information and complete the verification before you can setup the ACH transfer.

Glitch99 said: Go to the "account" tab, "deposits/withdrawals". Select "Deposit" button, and "Electronic (ACH)" from the pull-down menu. I'm not sure if you have to go to "bank setup" first to established your linked accounts.

Actually, it wasn't even showing up as an option in "bank setup" last night, but magically appeared this morning. Thanks everyone. Looks like maybe there's just a slight delay on enabling ACH for new accounts.

I sent them an email asking about opening a second account and receiving previous
bonus....let's see what they say.

Even if they say no I may open a new one anyhow to see if
they pay since the $100 bonus is paid within 30 days and I
can just quickly stop depositng if they don't pay.

Tacoma99 said: I sent them an email asking about opening a second account and receiving previous

You dont get the $100 until after 12 months of saving $100 per month. YOUR FIRST $100 DEPOSIT must be made within 30 days of opening the account.

Glitch99 said: Tacoma99 said: I sent them an email asking about opening a second account and receiving previous

You dont get the $100 until after 12 months of saving $100 per month. YOUR FIRST $100 DEPOSIT must be made within 30 days of opening the account.

That's right....my bad....I should have remembered when I got the last bonus.
The old account has had 0 in it for several months.

A response email said I qualify for the new bonus with
a new account opened thru the link.

Are we just assuming one has to leave the $1,200 in the account? Wouldn't the rules allow you to send the $100 right back where it came from after a day or two?

CraigB71 said: Are we just assuming one has to leave the $1,200 in the account? Wouldn't the rules allow you to send the $100 right back where it came from after a day or two?
"Should you need to withdraw the money prior to the twelve-month commitment, you may withdraw all of your deposits plus interest earned. However you will forfeit the $100 bonus." See footnote at bottom of the FAQ page.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014