• filter:
  • 1 2 34512
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Chase credited $0.99

rated:
National City Business canceled @ $1.00. Trying $1.99 for next month.

rated:
Anybody try PNC Bank yet?

rated:
alanmax said: Anybody try PNC Bank yet?
It's in the archived thread linked in the OP. Should that thread's QS be copied over?

rated:
12/12/2008 12/12/2008 Adjustment CREDIT ADJUSTMENT(Other) $-0.99

Got that on two of my Chase cards that had statements end yesterday.

rated:
SilverB18C1 said: 12/12/2008 12/12/2008 Adjustment CREDIT ADJUSTMENT(Other) $-0.99

Got that on two of my Chase cards that had statements end yesterday.

Any ideas as what I can set-up for a $0.99 since all the utilities included Verizon...only accept payments of $1.00 or more?
Would like to do some type of auto-pay with my Chase for $0.99 a month.
Thanks.

rated:
I paid Verizon $1.99 and then immediately scheduled a CC payment for $1.00. Consider it ~50% Cash Back.

rated:
Any update on AMEX cards?

rated:
websquirrel said: I paid Verizon $1.99 and then immediately scheduled a CC payment for $1.00. Consider it ~50% Cash Back.

That's simply genius!
Thanks, I am going to do that right now.

rated:
alanmax said: websquirrel said: I paid Verizon $1.99 and then immediately scheduled a CC payment for $1.00. Consider it ~50% Cash Back.

That's simply genius!

Yep, that's pretty much what I did this month. I've been making manual payments at eBay for $1.99 ...then after seeing the recent news about Chase I immediately made a payment for $1.00

rated:
AT&T accepts $0.99 payments. I made 2 of them with Chase cards, I'll see how that goes.

rated:
PNC still cancels bill for $1.00.

rated:
Glitch99 said: Chase billed for $1.99 on each of 3 cards on their 11/28 statements. Will try $.99 for next monthChase canceled $.99 on all three accounts 12/28.

rated:
Yeah 1.99 for Amazon Chase is a no go, will try .99 next month.

rated:
yauser said: AT&T accepts $0.99 payments. I made 2 of them with Chase cards, I'll see how that goes.

Interesting. What sort of AT&T account? Not, I suspect, a gophone?

rated:
"My Wireless" account with AT&T (formerly Cingular), my regular cell phone. Chase credited $0.99 x 2.

rated:
AMEX Blue billed for $0.90.

rated:
Good to know!

rated:
yauser said: "My Wireless" account with AT&T (formerly Cingular), my regular cell phone. Chase credited $0.99 x 2.

Can ypu please clarify this?
Thanks.

rated:
I'm just amazed that in the current credit environment people are still playing this game. We are not profitable customers in the first place, So why make yourself even less so? I will just continue reading here about people complaining about cards being closed or lines reduced, None of which have happened to me. This game is a case of being penny wise and dollar foolish. Why not just go all out and get in line at food kitchens, Much better savings

rated:
One of the handy things about this is keeping 'sockdrawered' cards active. If they cut me off for making small charges oh well, they'd have cut me off for not making any charges either.

I only do the food bank thing on Thanksgiving, because the quality of food on most days just isn't fit for anyone who isn't deperate to survive. But on Turkey Day all sorts of people bring good food and volunteer to give it away. I also get to go without bathing or changing my clothes for 2 days!

rated:
SilverB18C1 said: alanmax said: websquirrel said: I paid Verizon $1.99 and then immediately scheduled a CC payment for $1.00. Consider it ~50% Cash Back.

That's simply genius!

Yep, that's pretty much what I did this month. I've been making manual payments at eBay for $1.99 ...then after seeing the recent news about Chase I immediately made a payment for $1.00

Tried to make a $1 payment:

"Please enter an amount greater than or equal to $2.00."

rated:
Think push, not pull.

rated:
WalStMonky said: Think push, not pull.
Or next time make a $3 purchase and pay $2.01 (before statement close).

rated:
WalStMonky said: One of the handy things about this is keeping 'sockdrawered' cards active. If they cut me off for making small charges oh well, they'd have cut me off for not making any charges either.

Exactly! My wife doesn't even like keeping the discover card (even though I made $40 paying the ATT bill last week with it).

If it stays active I'll make 1.99/mo+5%CashBack if I spend it on gas and double points if my wife spends it at Lands End.
If it's dropped my wife will be happy to be rid of them.
This looks a no-lose proposition.

As a bonus I won't spend money on video games if I'm busy playing stick-it-to-the-man.

rated:
National City Biz canceled $1.99.

rated:
The way things have shaped to be now days, I wouldn't risk anything. Congrats to those for whom this has/is working for, I'd sit on the sidelines for this one.

rated:
Cheapoking said: The way things have shaped to be now days, I wouldn't risk anything. Congrats to those for whom this has/is working for, I'd sit on the sidelines for this one."Risking" something that has no utility isnt really a risk.

rated:
Allow me to apologize but, I didn't get it?

rated:
Cheapoking said: Allow me to apologize but, I didn't get it?The relevant accounts are otherwise useless to me, I could care less if they're closed. So there is no risk involved.

rated:
PNC (ELAN) adjusted away $1 balance on 01/08, but billed for $1 on 02/08 . QS updated.

rated:
FNBO (personal) billed at 0.99.

I will try PNC for 0.99

WaMu now has the same message as Chase. Works for 0.99. I have not tried $1 recently.

rated:
Got a 1 cent bill from Jets MBNA MC for purchase from Focalprice.com.

rated:
EugeneV said:
I will try PNC for 0.99
WaMu now has the same message as Chase. Works for 0.99. I have not tried $1 recently.

I'm testing PNC @ $0.99 too. Will know the answer on Mar 6-8. As for Chase/WaMu I believe both billed @ $1 in the recent past (and canceled @ $0.99) ... I don't think them getting user-friendlier is likely.

rated:
PNC cancels @ $0.99, woohoo!

rated:
EugeneV said: WaMu now has the same message as Chase. Works for 0.99. I have not tried $1 recently.

Just got a bill from Chase for $1.00

rated:
From QS: Juniper(Barclays) billed at $0.01/$1.99

A recent data point $0.84 bill canceled... I had a credit balance of $1.71 then made a purchase of $2.55 leaving a $0.84 balance. Details:
 Previous Balance 	  -$1.71
 Purchases  	           $2.55
 Credits  	           $0.84

rated:
cyberkost said: PNC cancels @ $0.99, woohoo!

But they report $1 balance to the credit bureaus!!!

Actually, probably true for all ELAN-issued cards.

rated:
recent Juniper data point:
05/04 05/04 BALANCE ADJUSTMENT -$0.99

recent Discover data point:
Payments and Credits 05/06/09 05/06/09 SMALL BALANCE CREDIT $ -1.99

rated:
EugeneV said: cyberkost said: PNC cancels @ $0.99, woohoo!

But they report $1 balance to the credit bureaus!!!
Actually, probably true for all ELAN-issued cards.

Yep, I noticed that too ... it's good in a sense that card utilization is documented, but for a mildly intelligent human looking at such a credit report it'll be obvious that (s)he is looking at a credit report of a "gamer" ... I guess if I had a choice I'd have chosen $0 balance reported.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014