• filter:
  • 14 5 67811
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Not 100%, but PNC sent me a new card (with a new number) and after I was not able to login at the usual place I called customer service (phone # on the web-site I used to go to). They identified themselves as Elan and told me that they no longer service PNC cards ... Yodlee says "PNC Card Services aka National City Card Services" or something to that end when one tries to add the newly issued PNC card.

rated:
Yeah, PNC re-issued their own cards and National City-branded cards as well. Looks like they replaced all MCs with Visa, too (and use customized Visa Extras as their PNC points rewards programs, so they are stuck with Visa forever). I can no longer log in to the old ELAN site, but I could see PNC credit cards together with my PNC checking account at pnc.com. Yodlee does not support it for CCs yet.

rated:
Glitch99 said: cyberkost said: PNC card is no longer serviced by Elan ... Are you sure about that? I thought the National City cards converted to Elan after Nat City was acquired by PNC.

As a confirmation -- I now have $1.00 payment due on the $0.99 balance. Elan used to cancel $0.99 balances.

Edit: updated Quick Summary

rated:
Game over for PNC. I also have a $0.99 bill due. Not only that, but now they are mailing the statement. There doesn't appear to be an option to get the actual statement online anymore (download PDF); just the statement information.

rated:
cyberkost said: Glitch99 said: cyberkost said: PNC card is no longer serviced by Elan ... Are you sure about that? I thought the National City cards converted to Elan after Nat City was acquired by PNC.

As a confirmation -- I now have $1.00 payment due on the $0.99 balance. Elan used to cancel $0.99 balances.

Edit: updated Quick Summary
A confirmation on the other end - my old National City Business card (now PNC) still cancels at $1.99 (Nov 10 statement). No, my personal Nat City cards never canceled anything.

rated:
My BofA personal line of credit (not credit card) canceled at $1.99 (all principle), and a different month at $2.89 (accrued interest charge for the month). Anyone have any idea how high the credit goes? Tempted to try $4.99.

rated:
hellyea81 said:   Glitch99 said: Bump to prevent archiving (I beleive it still happens after 3 months inactivity?).

Same


Ditto

rated:
PNC Biz cancelled $1. PNC Personal billed $1.

rated:
I must be doing something wrong. This cycle AND previous cycle my AMEX Blue Cash billed at $1.99 .. I thought there was something about them canceling $1.99 every other month. Any words of wisdom, anybody?

rated:
Had a $0.01 balance on my AMEX blue and got billed for that...

rated:
cyberkost said:   I must be doing something wrong. This cycle AND previous cycle my AMEX Blue Cash billed at $1.99 .. I thought there was something about them canceling $1.99 every other month. Any words of wisdom, anybody?I never figured out AMEX to be able to take advantage of it. Some reports have said you have to leave the small balance on the card for 2 statements - the SAME balance, not paying it off and creating a new one. But I never got the itch to try it and find out. $1.99 might be too high as well.

rated:
One other thing to consider is that there are a few issuers who may flag this as bad behavior. There was a thread a few months back (don't remember for sure, but probably at CB) where the OP was complaining that his CC account was closed "unfairly". When he finally described his transactions over a 6-month period (about 20 posts in, as usual), it turned out he had been playing the "small balance forgiven" game, and apparently that rubbed a computer algorithm the wrong way, and his card was canceled. Unfortunately, I don't remember which issuer it was ...

rated:
PNC Biz cancelled at $1.99.

rated:
Does Capital One still cancel at $1 or just $0.99? Anyone knows? Thanks

rated:
swc888 said:   Does Capital One still cancel at $1 or just $0.99? Anyone knows? ThanksCap 1 still cancels at $1 for me.

rated:
I had a $0.06 credit balance on my Chase Perfect card (from cash-back) removed after 3 months as a "PURCHASE INTEREST CHRG DEBIT ADJ"

rated:
bksavings said:   I had a $0.06 credit balance on my Chase Perfect card (from cash-back) removed after 3 months as a "PURCHASE INTEREST CHRG DEBIT ADJ"Doh! You should've bought a $1.05 candy bar instead, and you still would've ended up with the same $0 balance.

rated:
Has anyone seen or created a list of credit cards that *sometimes* cancel your bill, but not all times? Like, every other month?

rated:
Bumping this thread to prevent archiving.

99 cent purchase on my Sony Capital One card; received the credit but not surprisingly, did not get the 1 point toward my Sony rewards account.

rated:
I had one cent due on my Hilton Hhonors American Express and I got billed for a penny.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   I had one cent due on my Hilton Hhonors American Express and I got billed for a penny.
Yeah, the cc company's gotta answer to its shareholders
I'm going to try a few sub $1 transactions, will update how it goes.

rated:
I just had a 91 cent bill credited to me by Kohls. Interestingly, the online statement doesn't show the 91c credit but it does show a zero balance on the statement. I actually did not want to put anything on my card, but I had to in order to use the 30% off coupon. So I paid for most of the bill with store credits, and paid the remainder with the credit card.

rated:
Read the whole thread. But am still not clear about AMEX and associated bank (formally CITI). What are the conclusions?

rated:
Updated data points since I didn't see any recent updates on these:

National City - Billed $1.00
US Bank Baylor - Cancelled $0.98

rated:
Bump to prevent archiving...

rated:
Updated Quick Summary:

Associated Bank (Elan) canceled at $.49 (Aug 2011)

rated:
I work for a bank, and the other day I saw someone who went to collections over a couple of cents. He was upset that it happened (justifiably), but he had been ignoring his paltry statement for months. He now has a 120 day late on his credit bureau all because he assumed they bank would wipe it out for him from reading on FW lol.

rated:
luvnspnful said:   I work for a bank, and the other day I saw someone who went to collections over a couple of cents. He was upset that it happened (justifiably), but he had been ignoring his paltry statement for months. He now has a 120 day late on his credit bureau all because he assumed they bank would wipe it out for him from reading on FW lol.
Ignoring the bill / not paying the balance is a totally different thing from having the bank adjust your balance to zero.

rated:
Oh, for sure. The point was he mis-read the entire thread, and assumed the bank would wipe it out just because it was small. He should have done his research and known what he was up against. Not to mention paying the silly little bill when he continued to receive them.

rated:
I actually needed a payment to post on my discover card to get their sign up bonus...Made a $2.00 charge thinking that was the minimum and they gave me a small balance credit.

rated:
luvnspnful said:   Oh, for sure. The point was he mis-read the entire thread, and assumed the bank would wipe it out just because it was small. Depending on the issuer, that's exactly what happens. Perhaps he (or you) should update the QS to show that this particular bank does NOT cancel a small balance.

rated:
eron08 said:   I actually needed a payment to post on my discover card to get their sign up bonus...Made a $2.00 charge thinking that was the minimum and they gave me a small balance credit.Wait, so I may be leaving money on the table with my monthly $1.99 charges?

rated:
Glitch99 said:   eron08 said:   I actually needed a payment to post on my discover card to get their sign up bonus...Made a $2.00 charge thinking that was the minimum and they gave me a small balance credit.Wait, so I may be leaving money on the table with my monthly $1.99 charges?

A pretty penny even

rated:
Can anyone else confirm discover canceling at $2.00? I have been billed before in the past, and others have noted the same in the quick summary.

rated:
websquirrel said:   Can anyone else confirm discover canceling at $2.00? I have been billed before in the past, and others have noted the same in the quick summary.
It cancels at $1.99, not $2.00.

rated:
swc888 said:   websquirrel said:   Can anyone else confirm discover canceling at $2.00? I have been billed before in the past, and others have noted the same in the quick summary.
It cancels at $1.99, not $2.00.


My $2 purchase on open road card definitely got a small balance credit. YMMV

rated:
Does Sears MC (by Citi) still cancel at $0.99?

rated:
swc888 said:   Does Sears MC (by Citi) still cancel at $0.99?

Yes - still cancelling.

rated:
Got this on the new PNC CashBuilder Visa:

Balance: $1.99
Minimum Payment Due: $2.00

Yet, they reported the balance as $1 to the credit bureaus.

rated:
Now this thread would make sense if they would cancel out $10,000. But $1.00? Sheesh.

This forum sounds like the boys from the ghetto and hood got some credit cards so they can get a can of tuna to feed themselves. (Under $1.00 of course.)

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.