• filter:
  • 15 6 78912
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
grex23 said:   Now this thread would make sense if they would cancel out $10,000. But $1.00? Sheesh.

This forum sounds like the boys from the ghetto and hood got some credit cards so they can get a can of tuna to feed themselves. (Under $1.00 of course.)
Hey, if the credit card companies want to cover a couple months of my cable bill every year, who am I to say no? That's a lot of cans of tuna....

rated:
Cable TV costs a lot more than $1.00 or less a month. I don't see how that is a couple of months.

rated:
I would venture to guess that man of glitch99's stature has more than 1 credit card and that a year has more than 1 month in it.

rated:
It would take boatloads of credit cards to just cover one month and considering most have cut back on their amounts. I don't see how its a feasible strategy.

rated:
grex23 said:   Cable TV costs a lot more than $1.00 or less a month. I don't see how that is a couple of months.We pay Comcast about $72 a month for basic TV/Internet. The small payment cancellations on our cards work out to about $12 a month, so there's $144 a year or 2 months' service. KTC is kind enough to cover the balance

rated:
grex23 said:   It would take boatloads of credit cards to just cover one month and considering most have cut back on their amounts. I don't see how its a feasible strategy.Well, I can state that it has required 11 accounts to obtain $186 in credits over the past 12 months....

grex23 said:   and considering most have cut back on their amounts
The last change to such credit policies was Chase reducing the amount from $1.99 to $.99, and that was almost 3 years ago. Who's "most", and what "amounts" have they "cut back on"?

rated:
Don't feed the troll.

rated:
grex23 said:   Now this thread would make sense if they would cancel out $10,000. But $1.00? Sheesh.

This forum sounds like the boys from the ghetto and hood got some credit cards so they can get a can of tuna to feed themselves. (Under $1.00 of course.)

Aren't you the guy who didn't want $100 Cash Back on 500 in purchases on the Capital One card thread because he couldn't find a way to wisely spend $500 within 3 months (even with Amazon payments/venmo, apparently)?

Looks like you've found your second home!

rated:
eron08 said:   

Aren't you the guy who didn't want $100 Cash Back on 500 in purchases on the Capital One card thread because he couldn't find a way to wisely spend $500 within 3 months (even with Amazon payments/venmo, apparently)?

what's venmo?

rated:
yelve said:   eron08 said:   

what's venmo?

venmo.com

You need to access it through an app phone or get an invite

rated:
grex23 said: Now this thread would make sense if they would cancel out $10,000. But $1.00? Sheesh.

We got $278 last year.

That is enough to buy a nice iPod touch plus some change with very little effort.

Or we can put it in a 3% reward checking account this year that will earn $8 free additional interest, compounding year after year if I don't spend it if one's lifestyle is not to spend much...

Troll away!

rated:
Got $1.99 credit on old PNC Biz (not former National City Biz, don't have one of those).

rated:
I got socked with the flip side. Kohl's CHARGED me $0.75 as a small balance adjustment!

I complained in an e-mail and stated that I did not consent to the extra charge that appears nowhere in the terms and conditions. They completely blew me off. I'm filing a complaint with "Consumer Financial Protection" ([url]http://www.consumerfinance.gov/[/url]).

rated:
madwest said:   I got socked with the flip side. Kohl's CHARGED me $0.75 as a small balance adjustment!

There is usually a minimum finance charge, when any finance charge is due.

rated:
c3 said:   madwest said:   I got socked with the flip side. Kohl's CHARGED me $0.75 as a small balance adjustment!

There is usually a minimum finance charge, when any finance charge is due.

Nope. Not a finance charge, a "Small Balance Adjustment" charge.

Previous balance was $71.95, payment was ($71.95), return merchandise was ($19.20), Purchases were $18.45. "Small Balance Adjustment" was $0.75. New balance $0.00.

rated:
madwest said:   I got socked with the flip side. Kohl's CHARGED me $0.75 as a small balance adjustment!

I complained in an e-mail and stated that I did not consent to the extra charge that appears nowhere in the terms and conditions. They completely blew me off. I'm filing a complaint with "Consumer Financial Protection" ([url]http://www.consumerfinance.gov/[/url]).

1. What does that have to do with small bill cancelations? Seems OT.
2. Is it really worth your time to fight for 75 cents? I know it's the principle of the matter, but still ...

rated:
kintro said:   madwest said:   I got socked with the flip side. Kohl's CHARGED me $0.75 as a small balance adjustment!

2. Is it really worth your time to fight for 75 cents? I know it's the principle of the matter, but still ...
It is relevant in that it shows it can work both ways. Aside from the fact you didn't know it was going to happen, I'd say its only fair and you should just let it go. Maybe close your next statement with a $.75 balance, then complain if they don't zero it out.

Or write a dispute letter, disputing the charge as being unauthorized?

rated:
kintro said:   madwest said:   I got socked with the flip side. Kohl's CHARGED me $0.75 as a small balance adjustment!

It is indeed on topic as small bill cancelations are "Small Balance Adjustments." This particular creditor does not discriminate '+' or '-' balances when applying the "Small Balance Adjustment." As to it being worth my time, it is NOT worth if for $0.75, but I choose to push it anyway - that's just my style.

rated:
Glitch99 said:   Maybe close your next statement with a $.75 balance, Yup, I've got the scheduled payment set at $0.99 below the new balance. If the $0.99 gets canceled, I'll call it good. Otherwise, game on.

rated:
Updated Quick Summary:

Associated Bank (Elan) canceled at $.59 (Nov 2011)

rated:
Updated Quick Summary:

FIA Fidelity Visa billed at $0.99.

rated:
Associated Bank canceled at $1.00

Weird, they had once billed me at $.99.
QS updated.

rated:
Discover still canceled at $1.99

rated:
Discover billed at $2.00 on 1-5-2011. I just charged $1.95 so I will see what happens to charge this month.

rated:
msmiyake said:   Discover billed at $2.00 on 1-5-2011. I just charged $1.95 so I will see what happens to charge this month.Discover has cancelled $1.99 for me on 2 cards for the last couple of years.

rated:
msmiyake said:   Discover billed at $2.00 on 1-5-2011. I just charged $1.95 so I will see what happens to charge this month.If you'd read the quicksummary, you'd see that Discover billing at $2, and as cancelling at $1.99, has been confirmed for well over 3 years.

rated:
I did read the quicksummary, and appreciate everyone sharing the latest credits. Thought I would share that it worked for me, too.

rated:
-- double post --

rated:
This is a little OT but I hope that you can help me here. I have been away from the states for almost two years now and closed all my checking and savings accounts beforehand because I don't know if and when I will return to the USA again. The economic and private situation for me is just so much better here in central Europe.

That being said my wife I still kept our no fee CCs with Citibank and haven't used them in almost two years. Citibank was so kind of not lowering my CC limits and keeping them open although I haven't had a single transaction on them for the time being abroad (no balances, CC limits combined about 25K). As I don't have any more open checking accounts I can't just simply used them abroad to keep the accounts alive. What do you say? How much longer until Citibank will cancel my cards or don't they care at all? Thank you.

rated:
There is no rule, but they may close your accounts eventually. You would have a hard time making a payment without a US bank account though.

rated:
It's already in the quicksummary, but data point:
USAA - Charged 0.99 on 12/13/11 (only charge for the month) - account credited on 12/26/11 - so they waived 0.99.

Thank you for the Iphone App xmas present USAA!

rated:
AMEX now bills at $0.49. The due amount is $0.49

rated:
From the quick summary, I am not clear if Citi business cancel or not?

rated:
should WalMart discover work the same as a regular discover?

rated:
Keeping a foothold in the US may not be a good idea for tax reasons (I am not an expert on that), but doing so for access to new technology platforms developed by Amazon, Google and others is something to consider. Credit card activity can be as simple as buying an Amazon Gift certificate for $1 a couple of times a year.

rated:
lol
i have 20 credit cards

and now i see this thread?

rated:
mrkk said:   lol
i have 20 credit cards

and now i see this thread?

Looks like you might start getting 20 iTunes songs a month eh?

rated:
Three eBay fee payments a day work pretty well too.

rated:
nwill002 said:   should WalMart discover work the same as a regular discover?The issuer of the card is typically what matters (the fine print on teh back of the card), regardless of what's on the front of the card.

rated:
related: FIA Retirement Am-Ex also at 0.99, and they require at least $1.00 for online payments. grr

AlphabetBackward said:   Updated Quick Summary:

FIA Fidelity Visa billed at $0.99.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014