• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
naas said:   I welcome all naysayers to this thread. The fewer people abuse this loophole, the longer it will last.
With paperless statements and electronic billpay, it is a rather obsolete policy.

rated:
AMEX getting real stingy. Just discovered this thread. I will try & see if they bill $0.48 on Delta Gold card.

rated:
US Bank FlexPerks Travel card cancelled .69.

rated:
Is Barclays still canceling at $.99 (not at $1.99)?... last confirmation here was in 2011...thx

rated:
zjts said:   Is Barclays still canceling at $.99 (not at $1.99)?... last confirmation here was in 2011...thx .99 has worked for us on a few Barclays cards as of late.

rated:
Two new data points:

FIA Fidelity AMEX billed at $0.88

Macy's AMEX billed at $0.02 (customer service cancelled this though)

rated:
AMEX billed at $0.01, but reports $0.00 to CRA's.

rated:
Now that Barclays took over the Sallie Mae card, it's cancelling balances of 99.

rated:
imbatman said:   bluechalk said:   People are being arrested for exploiting billing loopholes here and here. I wonder if people who consistently leave a 99 balance might get the same treatment. Having your credit card cancelled is one thing, but going to jail is a whole lot worse.

Is this sort of question going to pop up in every thread where fw members get something for free?

what kind of time do you get for fraud on $20?

rated:
I love this thread... Here's a couple of cards I haven't seen mentioned...
M&T Bank Visa cancels at $0.99 [as of 1/5/13].
Harborstone Visa (via Elan) cancels at $0.99 [as of 1/11/13] but NOT if I use the same amount two months in a row. So I have to do $0.99 one month, $0.98 the next, then back to $0.99.
Also, I'm pretty sure "Advanta" doesn't exist anymore, so it can probably be removed from the summary.

rated:
That ass (openmindsopendeal) destroyed the QS, what a scam bug. I tried to restore it, but it seems not letting me. Alerting mods.

rated:
vagrants said:   That ass (openmindsopendeal) destroyed the QS, what a scam bug. I tried to restore it, but it seems not letting me. Alerting mods.

We probably need to take periodic snapshots in post by individ. members (in case restore functionality does not work too well)

rated:
Anyone have luck with a card issued by GE Capital Retail Bank?

rated:
I had a -$0.01 balance on a Citi Dividend card, and after a few months, Citi wrote off my balance. Note - that is one penny they took from me.

rated:
cyberkost said:   vagrants said:   That ass (openmindsopendeal) destroyed the QS, what a scam bug. I tried to restore it, but it seems not letting me. Alerting mods.

We probably need to take periodic snapshots in post by individ. members (in case restore functionality does not work too well)
You can view the complete history of all edits of the QS.

rated:
I'm about to pay off my Chase card when I remembered his thread.
It was my everyday card but I'll be using it exclusively for the bonus categories now.
I'll leave a 99 balance a see if I can get away with it.

Good tip!

rated:
KYBOSH said:   I'm about to pay off my Chase card when I remembered his thread.
It was my everyday card but I'll be using it exclusively for the bonus categories now.
I'll leave a 99 balance a see if I can get away with it.

Good tip!

You will.

rated:
cure said:   

Equally, it would be useful to compile a list below of ultra cheap purchases ($4 or less and especially $2 or less) that can be made with a credit card.

I might be missing the question, but I routinely buy 32oz fountain drinks at Quiktrip for $0.82 on a credit card (AMEX and MC).

rated:
Make sure that you're paying before the statement generates.

rated:
New data point:

• TJX Rewards MC Issued by GE Capital Retail Bank billed at $0.99

rated:
stanolshefski said:   New data point:

TJX Rewards MC Issued by GE Capital Retail Bank billed at $0.99

They also billed at $0.49.

rated:
Confirm Sallie Mae (Barclays) cancels at $0.99

rated:
BingBlangBlaow said:   US Bank FlexPerks Travel card cancelled .69.
Cancelled .99.

rated:
What happened Associated Bank (Elan finance) card? I just got a statement of $0.99!

rated:
tomprc said:   What happened Associated Bank (Elan finance) card? I just got a statement of $0.99!About once a year Associated Bank will make you pay the $0.99.

Try again next month and I can almost guarantee it will be cancelled.

rated:
anyone get a small balance auto credited on the Alliant credit union visa or mc? thx

rated:
zjts said:   anyone get a small balance auto credited on the Alliant credit union visa or mc? thx
Not so far. I tried $0.99 last month, and they still billed me for the $0.99.

rated:
kjgco said:   swc888 said:   Does Capital One still cancel at $1 or just $0.99? Anyone knows? ThanksCap 1 still cancels at $1 for me.
Anything different on Cap 1 cc's? thx

rated:
zjts said:   kjgco said:   swc888 said:   Does Capital One still cancel at $1 or just $0.99? Anyone knows? ThanksCap 1 still cancels at $1 for me.
Anything different on Cap 1 cc's? thx

With Cash Rebate cards, it mess with the accumulated CBs.

I tried it back in Feb.

CB from previous cycle: $2.94
Purchased: $520.55, expected CB for the month: $5.21 (they round the number up...not sure for < $***.50)
Total CB expected: $8.15, I received $8.14. They called the small balance credit CHARGE ADJUSTMENT. I went with $0.99, and they credited me $0.99. But, lost $0.01 from the CB. If you have none in the CB, not sure it'll put you negative.

rated:
Is $1.00 still canceling on the Cap1 Cash Rewards card or just 0.99?

rated:
Recently Citi took away a $0.63 credit that I had on my card (opposite of what people in this thread want), but recently I used that card again and saw:

04/20/2013 REAPPLY FRM ABANDOND PRPTY $0.63 -$0.63

So for anyone who has small balances taken away, this is a possibility.

rated:
atohmc said:   Recently Citi took away a $0.63 credit that I had on my card (opposite of what people in this thread want), but recently I used that card again and saw:

04/20/2013 REAPPLY FRM ABANDOND PRPTY $0.63 -$0.63

So for anyone who has small balances taken away, this is a possibility.

How long did you carry the -ve balance?

rated:
invisible said:   How long did you carry the -ve balance?I got the credit on 12/5/12, but it appeared on my 1/3/13 statement.

Removed in March, but it appeared on my 4/3/13 statement:

03/09/2013 BALANCE REMOVED DUE TO 3 MOS INACTIVITY $0.63

My purchase where it was reapplied was on 4/17. It appeared in my activity before the statement closed.

rated:
atohmc said:   invisible said:   How long did you carry the -ve balance?I got the credit on 12/5/12, but it appeared on my 1/3/13 statement.

Removed in March, but it appeared on my 4/3/13 statement:

03/09/2013 BALANCE REMOVED DUE TO 3 MOS INACTIVITY $0.63

My purchase where it was reapplied was on 4/17. It appeared in my activity before the statement closed.

I always clear these small credit balances with Amazon gift cards. Why would you let the balance sit for months?

rated:
1. It was just 63 cents... I wasn't terribly worried about it.
2. I was curious how long I could hang onto it. I was willing to pay 63 cents to find out

rated:
Fidelity Visa (FIA) cancelled 99 residual balance

05/13 05/13 LOW BALANCE ADJUSTMENT 0.99

rated:
KYBOSH said:   Fidelity Visa (FIA) cancelled 99 residual balance

Nice! I trusted the QS, so I didn't even try with the Fidelity AMEX. I guess I'll try this month.

rated:
Very nice. I had tried this as recently as a few months ago and it did not work. Same for everyone else? It's very nice to know that issuers are still adding this "feature".

rated:
BingBlangBlaow said:   Very nice. I had tried this as recently as a few months ago and it did not work. Same for everyone else? It's very nice to know that issuers are still adding this "feature".
"did not work" on which cards? for how much?

rated:
Fidelity Visa (FIA) cancelled 99 residual balance

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014