• 14 5 67831
  • Page
  • Text Only
Selected "ask questions", and it did not ask me any questions,
"Thank you. We were unable to authenticate your identity using this method. Please choose again from one of the remaining selections below."

For $500, this is not worth sending them a photocopy of my ID.

lol a copy of your ID isn't worth $500?

kaola said: I chose cash & option account. Will the "option" make it a hard inquiry?
I don't think so. I believe only margin will make it a hard pull. Could others please confirm?

PorStaker said: Just signed up, but when I click to transfer funds ACH it says please call cashier... I don't see a time at which I have to fund the account by? Anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same problem with both mine and my wife's accounts.
"Please contact the optionsXpress Cashiering department regarding your transfer request."

Their live help is not available right now

Has anyone got past this problem? Thanks for taking the time.

thinwallet4d said: PorStaker said: Just signed up, but when I click to transfer funds ACH it says please call cashier... I don't see a time at which I have to fund the account by? Anyone else having this problem?

"Please contact the optionsXpress Cashiering department regarding your transfer request."

I think ACH option will become available once you've verified two small deposits made into your bank account. Could others please confirm this?

jinju said: C3 was autofilled for me. The only concern I have is that the offer details (other than the Canadian one above), does not mention when the funds have to be transferred in by to be eligible for the match. The ACH deposit will take another few days before they email me with the small deposits --- I hope 11/30 is not the day the expect the funds to be in as well...

The way I figure it, since you CANT fund the account today, you are really risking nothing by signing up today. You are not committing yourself to anything. And tomorrow someone can call and get us the details we don't have now. Why risk losing out on an easy $500 when you have nothing to lose?

BrunoB said: thinwallet4d said: PorStaker said: Just signed up, but when I click to transfer funds ACH it says please call cashier... I don't see a time at which I have to fund the account by? Anyone else having this problem?

I think ACH option will become available once you've verified two small deposits made into your bank account. Could others please confirm this?

Yes, That is how worked for the last offer I did with OX.

DiabloD3 said: For $500, this is not worth sending them a photocopy of my ID.

I'm not sure why I'm getting red for my comment, and this seems like way more trouble than what its worth. Why do they need a copy of my ID when my ID has a number on it that banks accept fine?

jlgrandam said: lol a copy of your ID isn't worth $500?

See above.

cameron2003 said: I'm going to do it. Worst case is that you have to spend the $500 on a trade, which is still a winner deal since you can cash in soon after. I guess worst worst case is it has to be on commissions but I see no evidence of that.

No, worst case scenario is that you deposit $500, spend $30 on round trip trade (and probably lose a few bucks on the trade) and then they clarify that $500 'bonus' is only $500 towards trading fees, and even thouse don't refund until after 6 months for future trades. So you close the account (how much is that? $40-ish?) and the total is: $30 to place round trip trade + $40 close account + whatever you lose on your trade + soft pull + time value of money. To me, worst case scenario is losing about $75.

Witold said: cameron2003 said: I'm going to do it. Worst case is that you have to spend the $500 on a trade, which is still a winner deal since you can cash in soon after. I guess worst worst case is it has to be on commissions but I see no evidence of that.

No, worst case scenario is that you deposit $500, spend $30 on round trip trade (and probably lose a few bucks on the trade) and then they clarify that $500 'bonus' is only $500 towards trading fees, and even thouse don't refund until after 6 months for future trades. So you close the account (how much is that? $40-ish?) and the total is: $30 to place round trip trade + $40 close account + whatever you lose on your trade + soft pull + time value of money. To me, worst case scenario is losing about $75.

like someone else said, we are just opening iy today, we can find out that stuff tomorrow before we fund it. I guess worst case is they go out of business.

DiabloD3 said: Selected "ask questions", and it did not ask me any questions,
"Thank you. We were unable to authenticate your identity using this method. Please choose again from one of the remaining selections below."

For $500, this is not worth sending them a photocopy of my ID.

Is one of your credit reports frozen? They appear to do soft when asking questions on your credit report. (just like E*trade does on EQ.)

Can I open more than 1 account for myself to get the $500 bonus in each account?

JAGLUR said: Is one of your credit reports frozen? They appear to do soft when asking questions on your credit report. (just like E*trade does on EQ.)

No, none of mine are.

latinplaya669 just notched out tuanat for best one yet

so do you know if I can?

SinglePapa said: latinplaya669 just notched out tuanat for best one yet

so can I ?

Yea I would try doing it 1000 times for $500,000. I'm sure they won't care.

DreamKrusher said: BrunoB said: thinwallet4d said: PorStaker said: Just signed up, but when I click to transfer funds ACH it says please call cashier... I don't see a time at which I have to fund the account by? Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, That is how worked for the last offer I did with OX.

Thanks BrunoB & DreamKrusher.

well at least you keep asking. tuanat, as it appears, was lerking for 3 years; opened 2 accounts today and finally gave birth to his first post ever: where is my bonus??

Thanks OP, will be tracking this thread...

latinplaya669 said: SinglePapa said: latinplaya669 just notched out tuanat for best one yet
so can I ?

I'll only tell you if you ask 7 more times.

DATA POINTS:

We signed up for 3 individual accounts:

Me, cash account, ach, verify identity success, waiting for trial deposits.
DH, cash account, ach, verify identity success, waiting for trial deposits.
DS, cash account, ach, verify identity not an option, waiting for trial deposits, and ON FDX available for signed application, photo id, and check (if this method is wanted instead of ACH).

All three accounts received email verifications of account opening and ach requests.

Help me out here...

me - gwu1986
DH - dear husband
DS - ?dear son?

thanks OP

One more data point - added ACH without any problem

speaking of ACH, I have signed up myself and my wife -- using our checking account... I just realized when they make the deposit for verification I am going to have to guess which value is for which account, right? I thought about the risks for using the same account and decided it was okay since all the terms say "per customer" not per address, etc. I will cross my fingers and burn this bridge tomorrow, I guess...

thinwallet4d said: Help me out here...

me - gwu1986
DH - dear husband
DS - ?dear son?

DS= dear son (18yo, limited cr, thus photo required, good ficos@767-780).

edit: to add fico score range.

anyone having trouble getting past the first page? it's getting a page load error after when i try move on past the page where you specify the account type.

thinwallet4d said: PorStaker said: Just signed up, but when I click to transfer funds ACH it says please call cashier... I don't see a time at which I have to fund the account by? Anyone else having this problem?

I guess you need to set up a ACH transfer in OX first, and then you will be receiving an email stating that optionsXpress will initiate two small transactions into your bank account and you need to verify the amounts of these two transactions in OX.

signed up for 2 accounts
my self
DD = dear dad

from what i can see, the verification is really based more so on your credit history. however, not in the way you think. more so, did you ever buy a house in your name, lease a car, buy a car, etc. thats what they use for verification. my dad did those, i did not.

result = i need photo id
dad = all set right away

I recommend that you buy a single out of the money call or put option for an ETF like QQQQ or SPY with an ask price of 0.01. Cost should be commission plus $1. Let the contract expire worthless. This way you won't need to make a second trade to close the original position.

what is the address of the photo id?
thanjs

mauricer said: signed up for 2 accounts
my self
DD = dear dad

from what i can see, the verification is really based more so on your credit history. however, not in the way you think. more so, did you ever buy a house in your name, lease a car, buy a car, etc. thats what they use for verification. my dad did those, i did not.

result = i need photo id
dad = all set right away
Our verifications were more along the line of did you ever live, own a property in this location, where were you born, where have you lived. My DS was never given the opportunity to answer questions, it only defaulted to send in a photo id.

I was asked about ages of a non-existant person and my mother... A typical address question... and a question that had the answer as a previously owned vehicle that I never had a loan on; that threw me for a loop -- they must've pulled DMV records!

My wife was just asked about address questions (she has less credit and previous ownerships)...

I am guessing those were not credit questions but public record questions.

liletian said: what is the address of the photo id?
thanjs
Our Fedex shipping label states the address as:

OptionsXpress, Inc.
311 W. Monroe Street
Suite 100
Chicago IL 60606

what is the fedex label? where can I get it?
Thanks

These guys would have to be idiots to just hand out $500 in cash to 100's if not 1000's of gamers.

Don't ya think?

When did this offer appear? Just this weekend, when no one could ask questions about the details?

I've done deals like this so I'm not shy, but they way the terms are worded and the very short lifespan makes me think they are 'papering the house' to show a large new client surge.

These folks must know that 90%+ of the new accounts are there strictly for the supposed bonus, so they will lose their shirts.

Go for it, but I'd be surprised is this was really a cash deal, and not a 'free trades' gimmick.

is this address right?
optionsXpress, Inc.
311 W. Monroe Street, Suite 1000
Chicago, Illinois 60606

jdopple said: These guys would have to be idiots to just hand out $500 in cash to 100's if not 1000's of gamers.

Don't ya think?

I thought about this.... if 1000 people do it it is $500,000 and that will happen easily as it has been all over the web today; 10,000 people is $5mil and I think more than that have done it IMHO....

I'm in, first time with a trading site so it should be interesting.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 14 5 67831
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014