• 12 3 4531
  • Page
  • Text Only
RootGears said: When you login to your account, there's a link to print a free Fedex overnight mailing label to send your signature page and check. So don't miss out on that.
Where is it? I just opened a cash account and everything went fine along with ACH request.

DreamKrusher said: "Customers can not exchange the $500 for other offers, cash or credit."

Optionxpress puts this in their offers so people can't offer jump if they find a better past/future.

This could also mean that accounts will have $500 that can be used towards the cost of more trades. For those of you that managed to redeem the $100 in the previous offers, do you recall if this stipulation where "Customers can not exchange the $500 for other offers, cash or credit" was included?

On the Default Start Page, it's linked in the paragraph under the "Account Balances" box.

Edit: My account is still pending photo ID... so maybe that may be different.

HomoSapiens said: Out of curiosity -- any opinions on whether it's better to agree 6 times with various conditions they put forward to get real-time quotes, or not to bother and request delayed quotes only (with no agreements to sign)? What are pluses and minuses? Assuming I am interested in bonus mainly, and don't foresee any trading for its own sake, just 1 required penny trade
I didn't bother with real-time quotes. I'd rather not have to click through all of those boxes.

MikeR397 said: Is this $500 tax free? Or do they issue a 1099? Not that this is a decision breaker, but just curious.
They don't state it specifically, but I would be shocked (and awed) if they didn't issue a 1099.

I am in, thanks OP. I am having a hard time figuring out a way to give them the money ASAP... I set up for ACH but that seems like it will take several days through the week waiting for a deposit then a withdrawal, then depositing the money. I don't really know much about doing a Wire. And mailing them a check will take a few days. Are they going to disqualify the bonus if we don't get the money to them today or tomorrow; or does no one know?

These are the T&C:
  • opened with promo code C3 by 11/30/08
  • a per account average balance of $500 must be maintained for 6 months
  • the account must trade at least once

There is nothing stated that the account must be funded by 11/30, only that it is opened.

To me, average balance means that from now until 5/15/09, they will average out your balances over that many days. So, it is fine if you do not get it funded by 10/30. Just make sure to throw some extra money in there, so that you make up for the few days that the account will be 0.

Thanks for the link... I opened 2 accounts... how do I see the $500 bonus?

sensia said: RootGears said: When you login to your account, there's a link to print a free Fedex overnight mailing label to send your signature page and check. So don't miss out on that.
Where is it? I just opened a cash account and everything went fine along with ACH request.

I would like to know the answer too. I opened a cash account,btw.

best one yet?

Thanks OP!
It worked great for me. Just had to answer a few personal questions to verify myself.

Very nice. Now if they just stay in business till I get my money.

Deal of the YEAR!

the 500 bonus can only be used to pay the commission.

So this is where the bailout funds are going?!

I'm in for one!

vaylon said: Thanks OP!
It worked great for me. Just had to answer a few personal questions to verify myself.

Very nice. Now if they just stay in business till I get my money.

They better! I actually own them as a stock with some fun money I invest using recommendations from the Quicken stock recommender.

cloudtalker said: the 500 bonus can only be used to pay the commission.

What prohibits you to buy stock with it?

sensia said: RootGears said: When you login to your account, there's a link to print a free Fedex overnight mailing label to send your signature page and check. So don't miss out on that.

Does NOT seem to appear where online verification goes through w/o the need to mail them photo ID. Did one account each way and the FexEx label sems customized, so have not found a way to access that for the account that did not display it. For the one that displays it , it appears anytime clicking in acct overview after login.

cloudtalker said: the 500 bonus can only be used to pay the commission.

Do you know it for sure? Can we buy stocks and then cash it?

nm

therivler1 said: These are the T&C:
  • opened with promo code C3 by 11/30/08
  • a per account average balance of $500 must be maintained for 6 months
  • the account must trade at least once

There is nothing stated that the account must be funded by 11/30, only that it is opened.

To me, average balance means that from now until 5/15/09, they will average out your balances over that many days. So, it is fine if you do not get it funded by 10/30. Just make sure to throw some extra money in there, so that you make up for the few days that the account will be 0.

I tend to agree with above, except the part "they will average out your balances over that many days"
Offer is specifically saying that it should be average for 6 month, so worst case is that they will count full november as 0.
To offset that we probably need to deposit $600 instead of $500 , + trade fee (~$15) + cost of potential loss on that trade.
And keep in mind- to get your money back you will need to do one more (sell) trade.
Any other opinions?

Starting with December, May is month 6. So, I would think that you would only need to factor in the 2nd part of May to get the $500 average balance. So, $550 would cover that extra 2 weeks + commission + small trade.

MoneyOCD said: And keep in mind- to get your money back you will need to do one more (sell) trade.If you find a company that is being bought out for cash, you will not need to sell the stock. When the buyout goes through, the stock is automatically sold, and you will get the value of the buyout in your account. I have done this before.

Anyone know some cheap companies that are being bought out for 100% cash?

Here is an archived thread that I started on finding companies that are going to be bought for 100% cash:
Finding companies that are going to be bought out for cash to satisfy the 1 trade requirement for brokerage bonuses

EDIT: I did this for KNTA last time.

From FAQ

Do you pay interest on credit balances?
Yes, we pay interest on free credit balances. For U.S. resident accounts, we also provide an optional automatic sweep of all available funds to money market funds managed by Reich & Tang Management LLC. If you have questions about our Money Market fund sweep, please read our Money Market FAQs.

Still can not find APR on that.

Anyone applying online today in hopes of qualifying for the bonus?

jlgrandam said: Anyone applying online today in hopes of qualifying for the bonus?
Yes I applied today .. why is today a problem? All you need is opening the account and valid funding instruction to comply for the bonus.

Anyone know when the promo started? This was posted yesterday evening and closes today. Wondering if it started two weeks ago to line up with the may 15 ending?

I agree. We definitely will NOT have enough time to satisfy the "6 months" requirement if the bonus is actually scheduled to pay out on 5/15/2009. 5/15/2009 is just 5.5 months away from now.

This is a good example of tactful marketing taking advantage of greedy people. Read all their fineprint and terms carefully. Maybe we will all end up with:

1. losing the money we funded
2. losing all our identity information including SSN, bank account info, employer info, etc.
3. or even worse, maybe somewhere in their tems will allow them to take our money out of our bank account or claim for our other assets. Remember they have ALL our information and legal agreement now.

DreamKrusher said: "Customers can not exchange the $500 for other offers, cash or credit."

Optionxpress puts this in their offers so people can't offer jump if they find a better past/future.

In my opinion, the trickiest part of this offer is the "...per account average balance of $500 must be maintained for 6 months"

When does the 6 months averaging period begin and end? Especially since they are paying out the bonus on 5/15/09.

Someone brought this version to my attention Nov.25:
optionsXpress Stimulus Plan

Complete your account and we'll match your deposit dollar for dollar up to $500.

Find value and investment opportunities with our suite of powerful and easy to use tools. We're doing our part with our own economic stimulus plan. Take advantage of this great offer and complete your account by November 30th. Fax your completed application to (888) 280-0272.

Finish your account application by November 30th and receive a $500 credit when you deposit $500 by December 12th.

optionsXpress Financial Reliability

Rest assured, optionsXpress remains financially solid and your accounts are secure and protected:

Our capital structure and liquidity are both strong.
We have no corporate debt.
We have no exposure to the credit issues currently affecting the investment markets.
We have developed an extensive set of internal controls and business standards to keep your assets segregated and safe.
Your accounts are also covered by CIPF insurance up to $1 million.
Your accounts are also covered by SIPC and excess-SIPC insurance up to $25 million.

Home | Log In | Free Webinars | Contact Us

*Offer limited to one bonus up to $500 (minimum $100) for each newly activated, funded optionsXpress account meeting the terms and conditions of the offer. To qualify for the bonus up to $500 (minimum $100), the account must be completed by November 30, 2008 and deposit received by December 12, 2008, a per account average balance of the initial deposit up to $500 (minimum $100) must be maintained for 6 months, and the account must trade at least once. The bonus will be deposited into the account on May 15th, 2009 if terms and conditions are met. A customer can only qualify for the bonus up to $500 (minimum $100) a total of one time. Deposits of new funds or securities from existing optionsXpress accounts are not eligible for this offer. Linked and shared accounts are not eligible for this offer. This offer is not valid for optionsXpress associates, non-Canadian residents, and where otherwise prohibited. Customers can not exchange the bonus for other offers, cash or credit. We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this offer program at any time without notice.

All prices listed in USD unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved 2008 optionsXpress Canada Corp. Member, CIPF.

I found this on a past post on FW regarding the refer a friend deal they had in the past. It has the same wording regarding exchanging the bonus for other offers, cash, or credit. So the question is, for all of you that referred friends, could you withdraw the $100 bonus?? Just thought this might help clarify this for everyone.

Terms:
Offer limited to one reward per customer for each unique referral resulting in an activated, funded optionsXpress account which has executed at least one trade. Free rewards will be delivered or made available within thirty days of the referred account's first trade. Customers who select free trades for referrals will receive a single $14.95 deduction from their total commission for each of the next ten trades following offer availability. Unused free trade credits cannot be exchanged for other offers, cash or credit. Those who select $100 in their optionsXpress account cannot exchange the $100 for other offers, cash or credit. Trading books and optionsXpress gear are subject to availability. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend this offer program at any time without notice.

SinglePapa said:

Finish your account application by November 30th and receive a $500 credit when you deposit $500 by December 12th.

This screamed out loudly at me. Almost makes me bold enough to do another account for the wife.. maybe..

EDIT: Where was that article posted at?

all in that note applied to canadian accounts

So we don't really know if this $500 bonus can be withdrawn or if it simply goes to paying fees. The wording is very unclear.

again: why paying fees? why not for purchase of $485.05 worth of stock?

SinglePapa said: again: why paying fees? why not for purchase of $485.05 worth of stock?

I am thinking that with the auto-convert to money market feature turned on.. when the bonus is paid it will be converted to this; at that point I could withdrawal as it is no longer the bonus, but rather money in the money market (or leave it in there -- or get a CD, I saw that advertised on their web page)...

Has anyone tried referring a friend? Does it come with it's own promo code or can they also get the $500 bonus.

SinglePapa said: Someone brought this version to my attention Nov.25:

Complete your account and we'll match your deposit dollar for dollar up to $500.

Find value and investment opportunities with our suite of powerful and easy to use tools. We're doing our part with our own economic stimulus plan. Take advantage of this great offer and complete your account by November 30th. Fax your completed application to (888) 280-0272.

Rest assured, optionsXpress remains financially solid and your accounts are secure and protected:

We have no exposure to the credit issues currently affecting the investment markets.
We have developed an extensive set of internal controls and business standards to keep your assets segregated and safe.
Your accounts are also covered by SIPC and excess-SIPC insurance up to $25 million.

*Offer limited to one bonus up to $500 (minimum $100) for each newly activated, funded optionsXpress account meeting the terms and conditions of the offer. To qualify for the bonus up to $500 (minimum $100), the account must be completed by November 30, 2008 and deposit received by December 12, 2008, a per account average balance of the initial deposit up to $500 (minimum $100) must be maintained for 6 months, and the account must trade at least once. The bonus will be deposited into the account on May 15th, 2009 if terms and conditions are met. A customer can only qualify for the bonus up to $500 (minimum $100) a total of one time. Deposits of new funds or securities from existing optionsXpress accounts are not eligible for this offer. Linked and shared accounts are not eligible for this offer. This offer is not valid for optionsXpress associates, non-Canadian residents, and where otherwise prohibited. Customers can not exchange the bonus for other offers, cash or credit. We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this offer program at any time without notice.

All prices listed in USD unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved 2008 optionsXpress Canada Corp. Member, CIPF.

DeGlass said: SinglePapa said: Someone brought this version to my attention Nov.25:

This offer is not valid for optionsXpress associates, non-Canadian residents, and where otherwise prohibited. Customers can not exchange the bonus for other offers, cash or credit. We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this offer program at any time without notice.

That said it all for all of us in the US.

Aquarian said: DeGlass said: SinglePapa said: Someone brought this version to my attention Nov.25:

This offer is not valid for optionsXpress associates, non-Canadian residents, and where otherwise prohibited. Customers can not exchange the bonus for other offers, cash or credit. We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this offer program at any time without notice.

That said it all for all of us in the US.

See this link for customers in the US:

http://www.optionsxpress.com/promos/500_reasons.aspx

Note: This link was provided earlier in this thread.

Has anyone received confirmation, such as an E-mail, stating that your account has been opened under the terms of the $500 bonus offer?

What assurance do we have from optionsXpress that they will honor our account opening and give us the bonus?

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 12 3 4531
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014