• 175 76 777879128
  • Page
  • Text Only
DavidScubadiver said:   I LOST my card. Duh.

I knew that. I was responding - tongue in cheek - to the others expressing concern - also tongue in cheek - at the eventual loss of the Schwab sex appeal when the existing card must be replaced.

Haha. Nothing to do with sex appeal. I just like the company. Best costumer service, no fees, free checks, and now mobile check deposit.

My rewards posting the Schwab are late for the first time ever... Did Schwab change our routing number or something?...

EDIT: you can add any acct you want now, I've linked my local bank and changed it to receive 100%. Apologies if this was mentioned in the thread... Not even going to troubleshoot Schwab, probably be closing the acct soon.

i wouldn't close the trader account. it might f up the schwab bank account fees. or maybe you don't use that, but imo it's one of the best free checkings i've ever had. no ATM fees, free checks, it's great.

linkin06 said:   i wouldn't close the trader account. it might f up the schwab bank account fees. or maybe you don't use that, but imo it's one of the best free checkings i've ever had. no ATM fees, free checks, it's great.

They also have some pretty low fee ETFs with no purchase commission or fees if they fit in your portfolio. When I initially signed up they were pretty nice to work with as well.

DamnoIT said:   linkin06 said:   i wouldn't close the trader account. it might f up the schwab bank account fees. or maybe you don't use that, but imo it's one of the best free checkings i've ever had. no ATM fees, free checks, it's great.

They also have some pretty low fee ETFs with no purchase commission or fees if they fit in your portfolio. When I initially signed up they were pretty nice to work with as well.
I've been buying SCHB every month with my rewards cash.

linkin06 said:   i wouldn't close the trader account. it might f up the schwab bank account fees. or maybe you don't use that, but imo it's one of the best free checkings i've ever had. no ATM fees, free checks, it's great. Hm... you're right, now with android phone cashing, I'm going to check it out.

cheezedawg said:   DamnoIT said:   linkin06 said:   i wouldn't close the trader account. it might f up the schwab bank account fees. or maybe you don't use that, but imo it's one of the best free checkings i've ever had. no ATM fees, free checks, it's great.

That is my thought as well. Can you buy partial shares of it or can you only get full ones?

DamnoIT said:   cheezedawg said:   DamnoIT said:   linkin06 said:   i wouldn't close the trader account. it might f up the schwab bank account fees. or maybe you don't use that, but imo it's one of the best free checkings i've ever had. no ATM fees, free checks, it's great.

That is my thought as well. Can you buy partial shares of it or can you only get full ones?

Full shares only.

glxpass said:   ellory said:   My AARP card says I am old
Really? Mine says that I retired at a very young age.

I'm in my early 20s, and I'm just waiting for a cashier to think I stole my AARP credit card from some elderly gentleman.

I've been a Schwab Visa account holder now for about 20 months and I've decided to do what some of you all have done and directly invest it in ETFs/Mutual Funds. As a 21 year old (poor) college student I own some individual stocks and I'm going to use simply the CashBack to easily diversify. I've got around $550 over my tenure with the card and I'm putting it all into SCHA. Then I think I've decided that each month I'm going to buy as many shares of SCHA as possible and put the leftover CashBack into SWJRX (which seems to allow for fractional shares since it's just a $10 NAV mutual fund). I liked SCHA over SCHB just slightly as at my age I can take a little extra risk with this money.

Hopefully FIA keeps this Visa running and I can rack up a respectable sum of money just from "free" money for using a Visa.

Spnglr said:   For anyone looking for more examples of foreign exchanges and Cash Back and such, I purchased some tickets from the 'Spanish Ticketmaster' and was billed $53.11 for a 39 Euro purchase on Feb 4th (1.3617 USD per Euro = right on that day's opening rate). I did receive 53 rewards points for the transaction.

<----- FWF lurker who loves this card.

Has anyone tried recently there is still no foreign transaction fee? TIA.

jtclin said:   Spnglr said:   For anyone looking for more examples of foreign exchanges and Cash Back and such, I purchased some tickets from the 'Spanish Ticketmaster' and was billed $53.11 for a 39 Euro purchase on Feb 4th (1.3617 USD per Euro = right on that day's opening rate). I did receive 53 rewards points for the transaction.

I believe the card is still foreign transaction fee-free.

I used the card on June 13th in Vancouver, BC to ride the TransLink from the airport to downtown.

The fare is/was $8.75 (CAD)
The charge online is posted as $8.96 (USD)
Google is telling me that the exchange rate on 6/13 was $1.0242 CAD: $1 USD

Looks perfect, and fee-free, to me.

Edit: I have the exchange rate reversed (fixed below). (Thanks, cpaynter, for catching that!)

KChengCL said:   jtclin said:   Spnglr said:   For anyone looking for more examples of foreign exchanges and Cash Back and such, I purchased some tickets from the 'Spanish Ticketmaster' and was billed $53.11 for a 39 Euro purchase on Feb 4th (1.3617 USD per Euro = right on that day's opening rate). I did receive 53 rewards points for the transaction.

I believe the card is still foreign transaction fee-free.

I used the card on June 13th in Vancouver, BC to ride the TransLink from the airport to downtown.

The fare is/was $8.75 (CAD)
The charge online is posted as $8.96 (USD)
Google is telling me that the exchange rate on 6/13 was $1.0242 CAD: $1 USD

Looks perfect, and fee-free, to me.

Maybe I'm confused, but that looks backwards to me. If the exchange rate was $1.0242 CAD = $1 USD, then $8.75 CAD should work out to $8.53 USD. ?

Chris.

cpaynter said:   

Maybe I'm confused, but that looks backwards to me. If the exchange rate was $1.0242 CAD = $1 USD, then $8.75 CAD should work out to $8.53 USD. ?

Chris.

Oops...you're right. 1 CAD = 1.0242 USD (on June 13th, anyway). Perhaps it was just wishful thinking

GamingG said:   glxpass said:   ellory said:   My AARP card says I am old
Really? Mine says that I retired at a very young age.

I'm in my early 20s, and I'm just waiting for a cashier to think I stole my AARP credit card from some elderly gentleman.

Recently, somebody asked me if it was my father's card...

jtclin said:   Has anyone tried recently there is still no foreign transaction fee? TIA.

I live in Europe and regularly use my card (when it is accepted, which isn't overly often). I always get a good exchange rate and Cash Back every time. I always use it for flights purchased with a European leg, as I never know when Orbitz will be selling for a European arm of a U.S. airline and hit any other card with FTFs (including my European cards as they just care about the currency, so a German/French/British/Dutch local affiliate charging in U.S. dollars).

FIA is offering a Credit Card bonus for this card. Will work for everyone! The offers range from statement credits after meeting a spending threshold to bonus points for spending in certain categories etc.
You do not need an offer/registration code. Just click "don't have one" then you can enter in the last 4 digits of your card number, last name and zip code to get your offer.

https://easyrewards.fiacardservices.com/

any promo you are offered will be in addition to your current 2% Cash Back on everything.

Worked for me! I got this:

Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the 3% Cash Back offer. Now simply use your credit card for purchases at these types of merchants and earn 3% Cash Back (up to $25) through September 30, 2011:

Gas Stations • Grocery Stores • Drug Stores • Restaurants

We appreciate your business and invite you to continue to experience all your account has to offer.

This offer was described in a communication that was sent to you on 6/23/2011. Please refer to the communication you received from FIA Card Services for additional offer details.

Thanks. You might want to also bold the $25 cap.

Played it and got:

Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the 3% Cash Back offer. Now simply have your service providers bill your monthly recurring charges to your credit card for these eligible purchases and earn 3% Cash Back (up to $25) through September 30, 2011:

Cable • Satellite • Phone • Internet • Insurance

Got the following:

Movie Theaters• Amusement Parks • Aquariums/Zoo• Sports Arenas/Stadiums

Going to be kind of hard for me to get it; don't really watch movies too much, and only planning to go to the SD Zoo later this month. Oh well.

Here is what I got:

Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the $25 statement credit offer. Now simply use your credit card for purchases at these types of merchants totaling $199 or more by September 30, 2011 and earn a $25 statement credit:

Golf Courses • Country Clubs • Health and Beauty Spas

Do not know why. Never used any of the above.

looks like there is another thread with these stories here

edit: and here - clone attack!

Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the $25 statement credit offer. Now simply use your credit card for purchases at these types of merchants totaling $199 or more by September 30, 2011 and earn a $25 statement credit:

Movie Theaters• Amusement Parks • Aquariums/Zoo• Sports Arenas/Stadiums

We appreciate your business and invite you to continue to experience all your account has to offer.

This offer was described in a communication that was sent to you on 6/23/2011. Please refer to the communication you received from FIA Card Services for additional offer details.

to bad

I got:

"Record not found."

That's not as exciting as what some of the others in this thread have gotten.

TooManyCards said:   I got:

"Record not found."

That's not as exciting as what some of the others in this thread have gotten.

Same here. They must know I already give this card 99% of my spending.

No, they probably realized too many people were accepting without a promo code. It was obviously intended as a limited offer.

I got 5% back on all retail spending through September, up to the $25 cap.

I got "Golf Courses • Country Clubs • Health and Beauty Spas" as well. I am guessing it is because I already use the card at all of the other places.

Score! I didn't get an invitation, but went to the registration site, told it I didn't get an invitation, entered the Schwab card and got: 3% on Gas Stations/Grocery Stores/Drug Stores/Restaurants.

Also tried both of my old BofA WorldPoint cards. Nothin'.

But will definitely take advantage of effectively 5% on Grocery & Drug on the old Schwab card.

Chris.

I got:

Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the 3% Cash Back offer. Now simply use your credit card for purchases at these types of merchants and earn 3% Cash Back (up to $25) through September 30, 2011:

Office Supply Stores • Book Stores • Shoe Stores • Electronic Stores • Computer Stores

69ragtop said:   I got "Golf Courses • Country Clubs • Health and Beauty Spas" as well. I am guessing it is because I already use the card at all of the other places.

Same here. Now, how can I make them think that I have spent at these places. hm....

So what's the status of this card now? I have the old Schwab card. Are the benefits going away any time soon?

Can I call and add a card to my account for my wife? I'm so nervous to call. I'm worried if I make a change then I will lose the benefits.

Not only will you lose the benefits, they will retroactively bill you for the full amount of CashBack they've paid you since you got the card.

SnoopDoug said:   Not only will you lose the benefits, they will retroactively bill you for the full amount of CashBack they've paid you since you got the card.That's mean.

gwu1986 said:   SnoopDoug said:   Not only will you lose the benefits, they will retroactively bill you for the full amount of CashBack they've paid you since you got the card.That's mean.True. But that's the way credit card companies are these days - mean

ellory said:   gwu1986 said:   SnoopDoug said:   Not only will you lose the benefits, they will retroactively bill you for the full amount of CashBack they've paid you since you got the card.That's mean.True. But that's the way credit card companies are these days - meanNo, I do not believe that is true. We have not had any AAs, have had some nice CLIs, and have had some very nice 0%, $0 12 month BT offers.

jgalt23, to answer your question, I would not think that your old Schwab card would be at risk for closure or points elimination by adding an AU. As long as you have kept it current and utilized the line properly, I would not be concerned.

FYI, my credit score has decreased dramatically since my use of the 0% BTs (82x to 77x). Still no negs, but a lot more 0% offers (most are useless with 3-4% BT fees). I use my 0% money for my 4% RCAs, cash, and Emergency Funds/Ibonds.

Applied last week got my cards 2 days ago. 2k CL when my next highest card was 1k! So i'm very happy about that. 750 Credit Score according to creditkarma. Just called and asked about foreign transactions fee's and they actually told me there was NO fee's. Don't know if this was recently changed but i thought only C1 offered no FTF. I cannot confirm this until Sept which is when i will be traveling next. Oops posted this on the wrong threat! Sorry. Meant for the Fidelity investments AMEX!

jcnv said:   Applied last week got my cards 2 days ago. 2k CL when my next highest card was 1k! So i'm very happy about that. 750 Credit Score according to creditkarma. Just called and asked about foreign transactions fee's and they actually told me there was NO fee's. Don't know if this was recently changed but i thought only C1 offered no FTF. I cannot confirm this until Sept which is when i will be traveling next.
What card did you apply for?

jgalt23 said:   So what's the status of this card now? I have the old Schwab card. Are the benefits going away any time soon?

Can I call and add a card to my account for my wife? I'm so nervous to call. I'm worried if I make a change then I will lose the benefits.

When I got married in March, I called in and got my wife added no problem. Got the card rather quickly, as well.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 175 76 777879128
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014