• 1 2 345128
  • Page
  • Text Only
Anyone able to consolidate to this card?

Applied, was given the "Thank you for submitting... instant decision cannot be provided at this time". Checked back 20 minutes later or so and got:

"The application for XXXXXXXX has been has been approved with a $12000 credit line! The customer will receive their credit card within 7 - 10 days at the address provided and the Welcome Package in 10 - 14 days at the address provided."

Thanks OP!

Applied and got approved instantly for 16k. Not sure if its relevant or not but have an existing untapped HELOC through Schwab and a high yield investor checking account.

Does anyone know if this card can be used with shopsafe? Shopsafe is supposed to work with FIA cards but I'm only aware of the access page from BoA.

And what happens to the CashBack if the account is not linked to a brokerage account?

Per the FAQ, you keep accumulating rewards on the card, which are held for up to 5 years. You need the brokerage account to redeem them though.

I love & have a Schwab checking account. They are simply superb... free checking, free check books, ATM reimbursements... much much better than evil BofA. Time for me to go for the credit card.

NorthStar2020 said: I love & have a Schwab checking account. They are simply superb... free checking, free check books, ATM reimbursements... much much better than evil BofA. Time for me to go for the credit card.

did they do a hard credit pull when you opened the schwabOne account? or does anyone know about the brokerage account credit pull?

If I open all the three accounts (a checking account, linked brokerage account and credit card)at the same time, how can I only get ONE hard pull rather than three hard pulls? Thanks!

I have the investor checking, applied last night for the card and received 14k limit. Put down personal income of 45k, HHI 200k as living with my parents still.

Seems like you don't have to open the checking account. From the FAQ it says the brokerage is no min balance no monthly service fee.

Do I have to pay for a Schwab One account?
There are no monthly account service fees and no minimum balance requirements for the Schwab One account when it is linked to your Schwab Bank Invest First card. Standard pricing for equity trade commission rates starts as low as $8.95, and transaction fees may apply.

treasurebeacon said: NorthStar2020 said: I love & have a Schwab checking account. They are simply superb... free checking, free check books, ATM reimbursements... much much better than evil BofA. Time for me to go for the credit card.

did they do a hard credit pull when you opened the schwabOne account? or does anyone know about the brokerage account credit pull?

Yes, a hard pull on transunion file.

Ack wasted a pull. They say check back in 48-72 hours!

Approved. Had to transfer credit from the existing Fido acct. but I like schwab more so easily done.

I just called Schwab and I was told that they will run THREE seperate hard pulls on your credit reports if you open credit card, brokerage and checking accounts with them. I think it will HURT your credit score.

I have the 1.5% Cash Back Fidelity (13k) card and another through BoA (21k). My credit score should be above 750 and my only balances are paid in full each month. It came back with the "please allow 48 to 72 hours" for a response message.

Could the other existing lines be a problem? If I call them, can they transfer the line from one of the other cards?

BOA is just horrible. Always pulls a report on any account openning.
I hesitate to apply for his one. it would be at least 2 experian hits on me.

liuandy said: I just called Schwab and I was told that they will run THREE seperate hard pulls on your credit reports if you open credit card, brokerage and checking accounts with them. I think it will HURT your credit score.

The FAQ for the card suggests that the Schwab One account is free if you have the credit card. Is this a misprint?

Do I have to pay for a Schwab One account?
There are no monthly account service fees and no minimum balance requirements for the Schwab One account when it is linked to your Schwab Bank Invest First card. Standard pricing for equity trade commission rates starts as low as $8.95, and transaction fees may apply. Refer to the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for more information.

I'm trying to find a reason NOT to apply for this card. After reading the site over and over, I can't find one.....

Applied and got the 30 day thing. Damn them. Hope I get it.

askance said: The FAQ for the card suggests that the Schwab One account is free if you have the credit card"There is no fee to open and maintain an account at Schwab."

And seems that the $1000 minimum balance is indeed not required if you have this CC.

Go ahead for this. I won't this time, I'm still using the 2 years old straight 2% Fido MasterCard linked to a 529 account.
Enough for me.

The no pre set limit is a marketing misnomer.

servoled said: Applied, was given the "Thank you for submitting... instant decision cannot be provided at this time". Checked back 20 minutes later or so and got:

"The application for XXXXXXXX has been has been approved with a $12000 credit line! The customer will receive their credit card within 7 - 10 days at the address provided and the Welcome Package in 10 - 14 days at the address provided."

Where did you check the application status later on?

DreamSun said: Where did you check the application status later on?

http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/banking_lending/credit_card

Look on the right hand column, second box:

Current Cardholder?
Log in to manage your Schwab Bank Invest First or Schwab Bank WorldPoints account.

Check your application status.

vkva said: Does anyone know if this has MBNA (FIA) billpay?

That is also what I would like to know. I have a basic (forgot to upgrade it in a whole year before the merger, such a pity) MBNA billpay homepage for my current wachovia card which can't pay other cc.

servoled said: DreamSun said: Where did you check the application status later on?

http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/banking_lending/credit_card

Look on the right hand column, second box:

Current Cardholder?
Log in to manage your Schwab Bank Invest First or Schwab Bank WorldPoints account.

Check your application status.

Thanks.

Anyone fund there account yet? What is the minimum? I hope it's not the $1000.

g10ny said: Go ahead for this. I won't this time, I'm still using the 2 years old straight 2% Fido MasterCard linked to a 529 account.
Enough for me.

can you please give me link to apply for this - we are still using AMEX open for business (gives % on cell phone and gas; and 1% for everything else)

thanks in advance

robobert said: I have the 1.5% Cash Back Fidelity (13k) card and another through BoA (21k). My credit score should be above 750 and my only balances are paid in full each month. It came back with the "please allow 48 to 72 hours" for a response message.

Could the other existing lines be a problem? If I call them, can they transfer the line from one of the other cards?

can you please give me link to apply for this - we are still using AMEX open for business (gives % on cell phone and gas; and 1% for everything else)

thanks in advance

If you don't see your approval online, calling in to the app. phone number (during biz hours) should get you transferred to the excellent FIA/BoA credit analysts. They can reallocate existing lines to open this card if you already have max credit lines with them... this eases the approval process IME.

Does anyone know what credit report the brokerage account pull?

Gosh!

Pending decision!

Excellent Credit score, but I just moved to a new state no more than 4 months!

A question to those who have a brokerage account w/ Schwab. When you get a dividend in the account, do they include details like x-date, pay-date, # of shares that dividend was paid on? Or is it simply an amount with no details?

TIA

new2fatwallet2 said: A question to those who have a brokerage account w/ Schwab. When you get a dividend in the account, do they include details like x-date, pay-date, # of shares that dividend was paid on? Or is it simply an amount with no details?

Just investment name and dollar amount.

When do you expect this promotion to end?

Pulling the trigger on this, FICO score be damned. An extra 1% Cash Back > a few points drop in FICO.

My American Express TrueEarnings Costco card is now relegated to a pretty gas card as this Schwab card will be my new honey.

new2fatwallet2 said: A question to those who have a brokerage account w/ Schwab. When you get a dividend in the account, do they include details like x-date, pay-date, # of shares that dividend was paid on? Or is it simply an amount with no details?

TIA

From looking at my Brokerage Account History, it looks like they only provide the Stock, Amount, and whether or not it is an Ordinary or Qualified Dividend.

pisistratus said: When do you expect this promotion to end?

I think most are hopeful that this is not a "promotion" and will be a long-term offering from Schwab.

Oi, my BoA credit lines are as high as they will let them go. Since I use the BoA credit for the billpay boondoggle, I don't really want to reduce those credit lines.

has anyone tried applying as a student yet? if so, were you approved for the visa signature? i don't want to waste a couple hard pulls if they deny my application or give me a low line of credit. any insights into your experience in applying as a student (ie approval/denial, credit limit, visa signature/visa platinum, etc) will be greatly appreciated. also, did you list your student loans as "personal income"?

cheers,
jason

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1 2 345128
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.