• 176 77 787980128
  • Page
  • Text Only
Does the card have 100% fraud protection?

Can new people sign up for the card through FIA? I've told people about the card and they are incredulous and want one.

Thanks for all the replies.

P.S. Anyone else find the FIA website awful?

jgalt23 said:   

Can new people sign up for the card through FIA? I've told people about the card and they are incredulous and want one.

Bro, you are really late.

mountainview said:   household 2%

applied. i was approved for the Secured 2% card with annual fee.

WTF?

Warning: expect to receive a very low limit card.

yurgreat said:   mountainview said:   household 2%

applied. i was approved for the Secured 2% card with annual fee.

WTF?
Did you read here?

It is our goal to offer you the credit card that best fits your credit profile based on your consumer credit report and other information you provide us. You may be offered a secured or unsecured credit card which will be disclosed to you before your application is processed.

Here's how our card selection process works:

Complete our secure inquiry form and select the Submit button. We'll attempt to pre-qualify you in as little as 30 seconds, without affecting your credit score!
View the credit card you're actually pre-qualified for, then select Continue. Our process takes out the guesswork.*
Read the terms and conditions of the credit card you've selected and if you agree to the terms, then click Submit Application and we'll process your application.
Complete any additional steps, like choosing a card design, and your application is done!

* Remember, our pre-qualification is risk-free. If you do not like the credit card we offer you, click the No Thanks button and no other creditors will know that you inquired with us. Try it today!

I applied for an Orchard Bank 2% card a few years back, which AFAIK goes through exactly the same HSBC-run underwriting as the Household Bank 2% card. I don't recall what the limit was, but it was something like 1/10th what I was getting from other companies. Seriously, it was so low that my wife and I couldn't use it as our main card, because we'd be a constant risk of going over the limit. I never even bothered to activate the stupid thing. What a waste of a hard pull!

jtclin said:   Bro, you are really late.
I realize that. I signed up for the card when it first came out and haven't really followed it since then. It seems like the best thing going though.

So I take it you can't sign up for this card any longer? What's the closest thing to this now? I hear the Fidelity AMEX is good too. Thanks.

jgalt23 said:   jtclin said:   Bro, you are really late.
I realize that. I signed up for the card when it first came out and haven't really followed it since then. It seems like the best thing going though.

So I take it you can't sign up for this card any longer? What's the closest thing to this now? I hear the Fidelity AMEX is good too. Thanks.
It's been dead for over a year now. There are plenty of pages in this thread, but the note that this is dead is the first line in the quick summary. Not trying to be a jackass; I just wanted to point out that the information is readily available, so there really should be no excuses..

jgalt23 said:   Does the card have 100% fraud protection?

P.S. Anyone else find the FIA website awful?

I just had some fraudulent charges pending and was promptly called by their (I'm assuming FIA) Fraud Dept. Excellent customer service and it was nice knowing that someone was monitoring my card 24/7. They also waived the fee for next day shipping of the card. Not sure this perk is typical with other issuers, just thought it might be helpful for others.

skwz said:   I just had some fraudulent charges pending ... Excellent customer service
Same here.
Someone had booked a flight on Jamaica Airlines and billed me.
What's your story?

kmith said:   skwz said:   I just had some fraudulent charges pending ... Excellent customer service
Same here.
Someone had booked a flight on Jamaica Airlines and billed me.
What's your story?

Card was used to make 3 consecutive >$100 fraudulent purchases at a nearby Express, so I'm guessing the card was compromised when shopping around town.

skwz said:   
I just had some fraudulent charges pending and was promptly called by their (I'm assuming FIA) Fraud Dept. Excellent customer service and it was nice knowing that someone was monitoring my card 24/7. They also waived the fee for next day shipping of the card. Not sure this perk is typical with other issuers, just thought it might be helpful for others.

I wonder what triggers the free next day shipping?

They called me on 6/21 to let me know about fraudulent charges, cancelled the card, and reissued it. It was supposed to take a couple of weeks... and it still has not come.

I talked to a CSR this last week... was told that it must have got lost in the mail, and they are cancelling the NEW card and reissuing it AGAIN. It should be here in "7 to 10 business days".

Nowhere along the line did anyone offer to next day ship it It would have been nice, as this is my primary card, and I'm holding off on some big purchases waiting for the replacement card... it's been a little frustrating!

brainpain said:   I wonder what triggers the free next day shipping?

If you had asked for it FIA most likely would have given you next day shipping. I also had to replace my card once and the representative asked me if regular mail would be ok, but I told them I wanted to use the card sooner. So they agreed to send it out via next day shipping.

Hey guys,

I'm planning on opening a chase checking account soon. I searched this thread, but it seemed to be mixed responses.

If I fund with this Schwab/FIA card, it's a gamble on whether or not it's a purchase or cash advance?

Ah, thanks - I'm an idiot then

I wish I had thought to ask for that, especially after waiting a MONTH for the first replacement card. Good tip though, thanks, and I'll keep it in mind for the future!

jellysandwichx said:   Hey guys,

I'm planning on opening a chase checking account soon. I searched this thread, but it seemed to be mixed responses.

If I fund with this Schwab/FIA card, it's a gamble on whether or not it's a purchase or cash advance?

I've used my Schwab/FIA card twice to fund Chase checking accounts. Both times it was coded as a purchase.

I went to the bank today to open the account. They specifically said credit cards would be treated as cash advance, and the receipt said the same thing. Shame, but at least they were nice enough to warn me.

Sure, if you do it at the bank, it is a cash advance. Most people do it online.

Yup, it's always a cash advance when you open an account in branch at Chase. It's almost always coded as a purchase when you fund online though.

... Doh.

Chase online funding only accepts debit cards now IME. (or ACH transfer)

Most of us use schwab card for rewards. In case you really need their bt, they are pushing hard for it.

I came across their bt page of 12mth 0%, 4%fee (I'm sure many of you have it) that let you *direct deposit* to you bank account!

I'm been in the bt game for a good few years and this is the first time I see BT+DD to bank account. Have fun!

The transaction fee I am offered is 3% (min 10$) but it is until June 2012.

I wonder if one can talk a CSR in lowering the percentage even more.

Why on earth would you pay 4 or 3%? You can't earn that in a bank account unless it is a reward account and even then the rate may drop.

DavidScubadiver,

I have a lot of respect for your input on this forum. Here is something to consider.

Some answers to your question:
- because in this environment BT offers, especially those with DD, are rare;
- because a person has a large amount on CC and is looking "fat-walletly" for a way to avoid paying 15-25%;
- because this BT does not risk another hard pull and a chance of being rejected;
- because every situation is different; I'm now in a country where CDs pay up to 5,5% for dollars and up to 10% on local currency; it is protected by the state for up to $25K.

My apologies. I was focused on the "funding chase accounts" aspect of this as if that was the ultimate destination for the funds, not because it was the only way to access the funds.

Don't sweat about it. Let's rather continue to join efforts in finding the "fatwalletest" deal.

Peace,

I already have the Schwab visa card. I was calling and speaking to them today about some account issue, and the lady on the phone said that FIA Card Services would no longer be managing this rewards card starting in a couple of weeks. She said notices would be going out next week.

Bank of America is taking over direct management of the cards, and she said that the 2% rewards program would also change. She did not know in what way it would change.

Does anybody have more info on this? She seemed fairly knowledgeable about it...

Had a really good run with this card and would hate to see it go. However, I cannot say I am surprised by the news.

I have been using this as my primary card since I finished my run with the AARP 5% card. If they reduce the %age I will switch my usage to my 2% Fidelity FIA 529 card or to my 2% AMEX FIA card

Crap this is my primary card.

Is FIA going away altogether? I'm guessing Fidelity AMEX won't last long either.

thinvalet said:   I already have the Schwab visa card. I was calling and speaking to them today about some account issue, and the lady on the phone said that FIA Card Services would no longer be managing this rewards card starting in a couple of weeks. She said notices would be going out next week.

Bank of America is taking over direct management of the cards, and she said that the 2% rewards program would also change. She did not know in what way it would change.

Does anybody have more info on this? She seemed fairly knowledgeable about it...

Maybe it will go to 3%?

tjguitar85 said:   Is FIA going away altogether? I'm guessing Fidelity AMEX won't last long either.

FIA certainly hasn't put any investment into its web design to give any indication of looking to the future.

foomeister said:   FIA certainly hasn't put any investment into its web design to give any indication of looking to the future.
Half the time I go to fiacardservices.com, I get an error message from my web browser saying, "Safari can’t open the page “https://www.ibsnetaccess.com/NASApp/NetAccess/LoginDisplay” because Safari can’t find the server “www.ibsnetaccess.com”."

Does anyone else have this problem too? I don't have this problem with any other websites.

I called FIA for an unrelated issue and the agent said changes ("for the worse") are coming to the rewards program effective October 1, 2011. The agent said that she couldn't give me any more details about the changes.

I'm guessing a lowering of the Cash Back rate or total change of the reward structure and no more 0% FETF.

JuliusGaius said:   I'm guessing a lowering of the Cash Back rate or total change of the reward structure and no more 0% FETF.

RIP Schwab card. Gone the way of MBNA billpay .

Funny, I've transitioned to FIA AMEX this month as I've got bonus 3% on dining, groceries etc...

Just spoke w/ an FIA rep. Letters going out tomorrow offering card holders opportunity to switch by 10/15 to a BofA Privileges card, still (supposedly) w/ 2%.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 176 77 787980128
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.