2% Fidelity Rewards Card (was 1.5%)

Archived From: Finance
  • 123 4 531
  • Page
  • Text Only
Is anyone applying for the visa (1.5%-2%) rather than the AMEX?

elleve said: Is anyone applying for the visa (1.5%-2%) rather than the AMEX?

I normally keep my Experian credit score locked, so when I unlocked it I wanted the most bang for my $10. I applied for both the new 1.5%/2% Visa and 2% AMEX at the same time and was approved for both, with only 1 inquiry on Experian. I received both cards on Saturday. For comparison, I was approved for $7,500 on each ($15k total, which they told me I could freely move between both cards at any time) with a $95k HHI and +780 credit score.

Also, I don't remember seeing it mentioned (if it is I apologize), but the FIA Fidelity Visa (at least the new one) allows for virtual credit card numbers, similar to what CitiBank does. The AMEX isn't currently supported for virtual numbers.

lagomorph said: Just confirming: if I put in my Fidelity Roth IRA account number when I applied, I do not need to do anything to link my card to my account? I just got the card today.

That's what happened to me. I only put my Roth IRA acct number when I first applied and I got the auto-sweep of points to roth ira contributions. When I called to activate the card, the CSR said something like "looks like we have your fidelity account number on file."

I got excited about the auto-sweep that occurred, and was going to move some of my credit limit to this card and start using it more. When I called to do so the rep told me that that going forward money would not be swept unless I meet the $50 min. It was just a first month thing. I guess it that is the case I will stick with the Schwab version.

Perhaps if enough of us complain, they will allow anytime transaction downloading. This wait until statement ends crap is like 1999. Even my little local bank allows transaction downloads with an array of options.

I'm sure that there are others out there that track their expenses weekly or semi-monthly. I wrote them an email and they said they had plans for it sometime in the future. That was 8 months ago.

jtreher said: Perhaps if enough of us complain, they will allow anytime transaction downloading. This wait until statement ends crap is like 1999. Even my little local bank allows transaction downloads with an array of options.

I'm sure that there are others out there that track their expenses weekly or semi-monthly. I wrote them an email and they said they had plans for it sometime in the future. That was 8 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. Mint and Yodlee pull the transactions fine...no waiting for statements.

CoffeeEater said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Mint and Yodlee pull the transactions fine...no waiting for statements.

What are they pulling the transactions in from? There is no option to download anything other than the full statement. I can't download transactions mid-cycle. Can you?

Mint does not download transactions. It uses Yodlee to login to your account and pulls the transactions from there. I track all my accounts on MS Money and these two cards (schwab and fido) are the only ones that I have to wait until the end of the month to manually do a download. It sucks. Even BofA cards download transactions daily in Money through Yodlee. That is not the case for FIA and if it wasnt for the Cash Back, those cards would not be used at all. They don't even offer any alerts or anything. At least Mint does.

demku said: Mint does not download transactions. It uses Yodlee to login to your account and pulls the transactions from there. I track all my accounts on MS Money and these two cards (schwab and fido) are the only ones that I have to wait until the end of the month to manually do a download. It sucks. Even BofA cards download transactions daily in Money through Yodlee. That is not the case for FIA and if it wasnt for the Cash Back, those cards would not be used at all. They don't even offer any alerts or anything. At least Mint does.

Thanks demuku, I don't use mint and I'm not familiar with yodlee. I didn't realize that Mint was able to somehow grab the transactions. I actually use a budget only program called "You Need a Budget". It requires a Quicken, money, or csv import.

Clocks said: I got excited about the auto-sweep that occurred, and was going to move some of my credit limit to this card and start using it more. When I called to do so the rep told me that that going forward money would not be swept unless I meet the $50 min. It was just a first month thing. I guess it that is the case I will stick with the Schwab version.

This doesn't make any sense to me. The terms said that it would be $50 min, but it auto-swept my first statement. If they are not going to allow auto-sweeps, then they shouldn't have shown that they are capable of it. Now that we know they are capable, they should give us the choice. I much prefer the auto-sweeps as the reason I hate my 1.5% Fidelity Card is that I need $5k in spending to redeem $75. I'm not a huge spender, so that takes me forever.

jtreher said: Thanks demuku, I don't use mint and I'm not familiar with yodlee. I didn't realize that Mint was able to somehow grab the transactions. I actually use a budget only program called "You Need a Budget". It requires a Quicken, money, or csv import.

You should check out Mint or Yodlee. What you do is provide your online username and password (and sometime your security question answers) to your accounts and they will auto-login and pull the data, aggregate it, categorize it, and allow you to view it. It will pull it as soon as the transaction posts.

CoffeeEater said:
This doesn't make any sense to me. The terms said that it would be $50 min, but it auto-swept my first statement. If they are not going to allow auto-sweeps, then they shouldn't have shown that they are capable of it. Now that we know they are capable, they should give us the choice.

Did you ever think they couldn't do it? Just like so many other things (rebates) they put the extra step in there because some people will forget to do it, or do it late, or end up with unused points.

Its a pain but now that you can redeem at as low as $2500 spending its not too bad. Not worth signing up for Schwab for that reason alone.

This and Penfed are now my two cards. Penfed does auto-credit rewards and auto deduct payments so I'll still only have 1 card to actually think about.

asdf83 said: Did you ever think they couldn't do it? Just like so many other things (rebates) they put the extra step in there because some people will forget to do it, or do it late, or end up with unused points.

Yeah, I thought they couldn't do it. The terms say redeem at 5k points for $50 and that's what I expected to do. It makes no sense to me that they'd ignore the T&C, auto-sweep the points, and then abandon the auto-sweep and go back to the original T&C. What was the point of the auto-sweep?

Despite what that particular CSR said, I'm still expecting an auto-sweep this month.

It still auto-sweeps, but only if you have a minimum of $50. Then whatever amount you have over that, auto-sweeps in the account you designated with no extra steps from you. You are confusing the two choices: the manual redemption method actually has lower CashBack rates under $15000.

I have Fidelity 529 AMEX card. I called and was told that I can convert it to 2%.

Has anyone tried? I was told it would be a new account number. So I am not sure if my credit history will be lost.

I just got my Fidelity AMEX card. My credit line is 11500. Whats the credit line other folks are getting ? I showed a HHI of 150K and I do have an experian myFICO on Feb 14th of 782.
Can I call and ask for a bigger credit limit ? Anyone had luck with that ? I am not planning to doa ny balance tranfers on this. My other cards have a 30K, 25K and 20K credit limits.

Does this card give 2% on Costco purchases?

^Yes^

What CL you guys have on this Fidelity AMEX card ?

Got a message that the VISA app wasn't available after I submitted. Anyone else?

largeeyes said: Got a message that the VISA app wasn't available after I submitted. Anyone else?

I applied yesterday for the visa and was approved.

I would call and see what's up.

Retried because I thought it might have to do with having window open so long and both apps went through and were derred. Oh well.....

largeeyes said: Retried because I thought it might have to do with having window open so long and both apps went through and were derred. Oh well.....

that could possibly be two experian hits. O_O.

Is there a number to call to check on the status?

Gez. Couldn't find my AMEX app, so had to resubmit. God knows how many credit hits I'll take. I'll dispute ones that show extra.

I made the mistake of calling to check the status on this. Got some blockhead from FIA that kept me on the phone for 40 minutes and ended up doing a financial review and closing 3 of my accounts/slicing CLs on the remaining ones because I had "too much credit for this economy." And of course, didn't give me the new card.

The number I used to check application status is 1866 598 4971 (Automated system using SSN)

I did not get instant approval but card in mail 10 days later with 15k limit.

numb, feel like I had that too. This was my first FIA card and between this and the visa, only 5k limit. Insane.

I am looking at the Schwab card but this one looks about as attractive. My understanding is that the CLs provided at Schwab are tiny but Fidelity is a bit more liberal. Aren't they both BoA so shouldn't they both be as stingy? I'm currently with Countrywide and their 2% program but that has already expired. I have a CL over $20K and would like to keep that the same (for my next 2% card).

I doubt if FIA applies diff credit criteria between the schwab and fidelity product.

I linked the fidelity retirement AE with mysmartcash account and did successfully deposit rewards into it in Feb, but now it says that I don't have eligible account for the redemption. It seems that mySmartCash is not working for the redemption any more.

xiaoqt90 said: I linked the fidelity retirement AE with mysmartcash account and did successfully deposit rewards into it in Feb, but now it says that I don't have eligible account for the redemption. It seems that mySmartCash is not working for the redemption any more.

Same here. It did my Roth IRA the first month, then I switched the acct number to mysmartcash, and it wouldn't go through. It said "Adjusted - Redemption Issue - Fidelity accoun - ?0.00".

I just switched the account number back to the Roth IRA, so next month it'll probably just auto-sweep to there.

Unbelievable, they actually pulled back the money that had already transferred into the mySmartCash account.

Now I am motivated to setup an 529 account, finally.

xiaoqt90 said: Unbelievable, they actually pulled back the money that had already transferred into the mySmartCash account.

February or March? Was it <$50 or >$50? My >$50 rebate from February is still in my SmartCash account.

mine is actually $80 that deposited into mysmartcash account on March 4th, but now it is gone.

Hmmmmm. Based on the description, MSC should be eligible:
Eligible Fidelity Accounts include all Fidelity non-retirement, Individual Retirement Accounts, and Fidelity-managed 529 Plan accounts that accept ACH deposits.

Any recommendation of the 529 plan for NJ residents? I have no idea how to choose one.

If mySmartCash doesn't work anymore, does a regular brokerage account work? You can just link that to the MSC.

xiaoqt90 said: mine is actually $80 that deposited into mysmartcash account on March 4th, but now it is gone.
Did you ask Fidelity why this happened? According to the terms, the mysmartcash account should be eligible (as c3 said above).

Yes, a regular (non-IRA) brokerage account works.

CoffeeEater said: xiaoqt90 said: I linked the fidelity retirement AE with mysmartcash account and did successfully deposit rewards into it in Feb, but now it says that I don't have eligible account for the redemption. It seems that mySmartCash is not working for the redemption any more.

Same here. It did my Roth IRA the first month, then I switched the acct number to mysmartcash, and it wouldn't go through. It said "Adjusted - Redemption Issue - Fidelity accoun - ?0.00".

I just switched the account number back to the Roth IRA, so next month it'll probably just auto-sweep to there.

same here.

Will try to link to the brokerage account...

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 123 4 531
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014