2% Fidelity Rewards Card (was 1.5%)

Archived From: Finance
  • 112 13 14151631
  • Page
  • Text Only
Costco AMEX is serviced by AMEX, so no. The Fidelity card is serviced by FIA, so yes, you can re-allocate lines from your FIA Visa cards.

Is this deal still alive, anyone had success with it recently?

jatx said:   Is this deal still alive, anyone had success with it recently?

It's still offered. See http://personal.fidelity.com/products/checking/content/amex_rewa...

I don't know anyone who's applied for it recently, but I've had it for years without any problem.

Still alive

Applied Friday, no instant decision given online, received cards today (3rd business day after applying). 17.5K credit line.

applied today for AMEX, no instant decision.. does anyone know if it would be bad to apply for the visa one also.. given AMEX isn't accepted everything i thought it would be a good back up card.. should i not apply to both back to back?

I think I ended up applying for the Visa about a week after I applied for the American Express and got both (not at the same time).

AlphabetBackward said:   I think I ended up applying for the Visa about a week after I applied for the American Express and got both (not at the same time).

Which Visa card? AARP or is there another 2% Visa? Id like to get this AMEX but me and FIA card services have not gotten along well this year.

Sorry for not being clear.

I applied for the Fidelity Visa; 1.5% (2% after 15K spent). I got it as a backup since a couple places (utilities) don't accept American Express; can also transfer points (2500 increments) to redeem faster.

AlphabetBackward said:   

I applied for the Fidelity Visa; 1.5% (2% after 15K spent).


Grrr...thanks. Looks like that one is through FIA cards to. Bummer.

I did the math and wound up keeping my old 1.5% Visa (5000 pts = $75)
I make many purchases online and use the associated worldpoints mall to get bonus points. So if you make many online purchases eligible for bonus points in the worldpoints mall do the math before automatically assuming the new card would be better. Checkout the worldpoints mall here

Below are 2 examples:

Spend $1000 at Overstock.com

Old:
$1000 = 1000 points
4x bonus = 4000 points
Total 5000 points = $75 = 7.5% CashBack

New:
$1000 = 2000 points
4x bonus = 4000 points
Total 6000 points = $60 = 6.0% CashBack

Spend $200 at Magazines.com

Old:
$200 = 200 points
35x bonus = 7000 points
Total 7200 points = $108 = 54% CashBack

New:
$200 = 400 points
35x bonus = 7000 points
Total 7400 points = $74 = 37% CashBack

A FWFer posted on the former Schwab 2% Cash Back Visa thread that FIA is offering a Credit Card bonus for this card. Neither my husband nor I got a letter about this for his 2% Cash Back Visa or my Fidelity AMEX, but it worked for my Fidelity AMEX card. In fact, while my husband got an unusable discount on country clubs and golf courses, I got a useful discount on EDP:
"Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the 3% Cash Back offer. Now simply use your credit card for purchases at these types of merchants and earn 3% Cash Back (up to $25) through September 30, 2011:
Gas Stations • Grocery Stores • Drug Stores • Restaurants
We appreciate your business and invite you to continue to experience all your account has to offer.
This offer was described in a communication that was sent to you on 6/23/2011. Please refer to the communication you received from FIA Card Services for additional offer details."

According to the FWFer who originally posted this deal:
"Will work for everyone! The offers range from statement credits after meeting a spending threshold to bonus points for spending in certain categories etc.
You do not need an offer/registration code. Just click "don't have one" then you can enter in the last 4 digits of your card number, last name and zip code to get your offer.

https://easyrewards.fiacardservices.com/

any promo you are offered will be in addition to your current 2% Cash Back on everything."

Got something quite different:

Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the $25 statement credit offer. Now simply use your credit card for purchases at these types of merchants totaling $199 or more by September 30, 2011 and earn a $25 statement credit:

Movie Theaters• Amusement Parks • Aquariums/Zoo• Sports Arenas/Stadiums

beethovengirl said:   
According to the FWFer who originally posted this deal:
"Will work for everyone! The offers range from statement credits after meeting a spending threshold to bonus points for spending in certain categories etc.
You do not need an offer/registration code. Just click "don't have one" then you can enter in the last 4 digits of your card number, last name and zip code to get your offer.

https://easyrewards.fiacardservices.com/

any promo you are offered will be in addition to your current 2% Cash Back on everything."


Didn't work for me. I did the don't have one thing, entered my last name, last 4 of card and zip and then it said "record not found". I'd love to get this promo somehow. Any ideas?

Just bad luck, I think. My wife and I each have an account, on one of them it worked, on the other it didn't.

I have a question on this card. I just applied and wasn't approved, but then I called them and suddenly I was, hah. Anyway, once you get the 2% rewards, does it stay that way forever, or do you have to keep up some sort of spending limit? Does anyone know? If this card works with Envaulted, the 3% would be killer!

violetdream said:   I have a question on this card. I just applied and wasn't approved, but then I called them and suddenly I was, hah. Anyway, once you get the 2% rewards, does it stay that way forever, or do you have to keep up some sort of spending limit? Does anyone know? If this card works with Envaulted, the 3% would be killer!

It stays that way forever, or at least until the T&C changes. You don't need to keep up a spending limit. You just accrue points on whatever you purchase and redeem them when u've got enough. My account automatically redeems my points for cash at the 2% rate.

violetdream said:   I have a question on this card. I just applied and wasn't approved, but then I called them and suddenly I was, hah. Anyway, once you get the 2% rewards, does it stay that way forever, or do you have to keep up some sort of spending limit? Does anyone know? If this card works with Envaulted, the 3% would be killer!

Every statement year you have to reach the $15,000 threshold again.

Huh, conflicting answers here.... :/

violetdream said:   Huh, conflicting answers here.... :/

musicdef13: AMEX
TheKa: Visa

Thanks, I was hoping this was not the case (I applied for the Visa, because it's generally more accepted). I can probably get that much in spending if I switch all of my charges over to this card but if the 2% resets that soon it's not worth it :/ I wish I had put my cat's dental surgery on there though, hah...

Applied last week got my cards 2 days ago. 2k CL when my next highest card was 1k! So i'm very happy about that. 750 Credit Score according to creditkarma. Just called and asked about foreign transactions fee's and they actually told me there was NO fee's. Don't know if this was recently changed but i thought only C1 offered no FTF. I cannot confirm this until Sept which is when i will be traveling next.

Applied over the phone yesterday for the 2% investment reward AMEX. Immediate approval over the phone for $12,500 CL. When she read the fees she quoted 0 FTF
Also had 0% BT for 6 months. I just transferred all my balances to a 12 month card though, but the 0% BT was news to me.740 transunion before and after the pull.

The Fidelity AMEX card has 0 foreign transaction fees. I used that in Europe last month and it is confirmed.
The Fidelity Visa card has 3% foreign transaction fees. I did not use that card so I cannot confirm that.

geclub1 said:   The Fidelity AMEX card has 0 foreign transaction fees. I used that in Europe last month and it is confirmed.

Interesting! I did not know that.

violetdream said:   Thanks, I was hoping this was not the case (I applied for the Visa, because it's generally more accepted). I can probably get that much in spending if I switch all of my charges over to this card but if the 2% resets that soon it's not worth it :/ I wish I had put my cat's dental surgery on there though, hah...


I have both these cards...I'm sure there is no spending requirement, I've been using the Visa as my primary card for years. 1.5% Visa, 2%AMEX.

bluegreenturtle said:   I have both these cards...I'm sure there is no spending requirement, I've been using the Visa as my primary card for years. 1.5% Visa, 2%AMEX.

The current Fidelity Visa is tiered 1.5%/2%.

geclub1 said:   The Fidelity AMEX card has 0 foreign transaction fees. I used that in Europe last month and it is confirmed.
The Fidelity Visa card has 3% foreign transaction fees. I did not use that card so I cannot confirm that.

The fee disclosure for the Fidelity AMEX states:
American Express (1) converts charges made in foreign currencies to U.S. dollars using a rate selected on the business day prior to the day on which the charges are processed by American Express and (2) applies a 1% commission to the converted amount.
It sounds like the currency exchange commission is taken on the backend by AMEX rather than as fee on the frontend by FIA, so the 1% commission may not be transparent on your statement -- it may just be baked into the amount charged without being separately itemized. But a 1% commission isn't bad when you're getting a 2% reward.

p8er said:   Got something quite different:

Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the $25 statement credit offer. Now simply use your credit card for purchases at these types of merchants totaling $199 or more by September 30, 2011 and earn a $25 statement credit:

Movie Theaters• Amusement Parks • Aquariums/Zoo• Sports Arenas/Stadiums
I got the same thing on the AMEX cards for Mom and my own. Visa was not working for this promo.

I forgot which thread I saw it in but I think someone reported that the Visa Signature now reports the credit limit. Can anyone confirm that? I still have a couple weeks before I can check one of my reports.

It's always been a bit screwy for over a year. It reports mine (Platinum Plus), but my Mom's card is reported the other way (Visa Signature). Look at your card and see which variety you have. I'll try to check my reports further.

Are there any fees associated with keeping a Fidelity brokerage account open? I see it requires $2500 to open, but after I open can I take the $2500 out and not pay any fees? Looking for a replacement for the Schwab card that is going away, but don't currently have a Fidelity account.

Quovatis said:   Are there any fees associated with keeping a Fidelity brokerage account open? I see it requires $2500 to open, but after I open can I take the $2500 out and not pay any fees? Looking for a replacement for the Schwab card that is going away, but don't currently have a Fidelity account.

I was able to convert my rewards to cash and deposit into a brokerage money market account. no minimum to open no fees.

The fidelity mysmart cash account has no minimum opening requirement and no minimum balance requirement....

If I transfer assets from Schwab to Fidelity during a new account opening process, will it count towards AA points for funding the account?

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offers/registration_aa2.shtml

Tintin

bandyopa said:   If I transfer assets from Schwab to Fidelity during a new account opening process, will it count towards AA points for funding the account?

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offers/registration_aa2.shtml

Tintin
Call the phone number on the webpage you linked and ask. The only exceptions I found: Fidelity Invvestments} said:
The promotion is not available for business accounts, trust accounts, retirement accounts including, among others, Fidelity IRA, Roth IRA, SEP and SIMPLE accounts; 401(k) and 403(b) workplace retirement plans; fiduciary accounts (including custodial accounts, estate accounts); college investment trust accounts; 529 college savings plan accounts; annuities; Fidelity accounts managed by Strategic Advisers, Inc.(for example Portfolio Advisory Services); and clients of registered investment advisors working with Fidelity Investments. Offer not valid for government officials, candidates for federal, state or local office, or union officials or employees, non-U.S. residents or persons and members of their immediate families and households affiliated with or employed by FINRA or its member firms, Fidelity or its affiliates, a securities exchange or its members, or the media. Public officials or candidates for office may be subject to state or local gift laws.

I was denied for this card due to having sufficient credit with BofA/FIA. Has anyone been able to recently convert a BofA cash rewards card or similar to this card after calling in? If not, has anyone recently been able to reallocate credit from another BofA/FIA card in order to get this card on reconsideration?

Mom had the Fidelity (FiaCardServices) Visa. A few months later, when she applied for the Fidelity AMEX, she had to call back and talk to a person. We were able to have them cut the existing Visa limit and put the difference in the new to her AMEX. That was successful. Even doing that has not hurt her utilization numbers.

GamingG said: I was denied for this card due to having sufficient credit with BofA/FIA. Has anyone been able to recently convert a BofA cash rewards card or similar to this card after calling in? If not, has anyone recently been able to reallocate credit from another BofA/FIA card in order to get this card on reconsideration?

I was denied initially for this card as well. I called the number that was provided and asked them to reconsider. The representative on the line said that she had no idea why I was declined, since I have a BofA Mastercard as well. I then verified some info from my credit report and was approved in about 10-15 minutes.

Give them a call and see what they say.

GamingG said:   I was denied for this card due to having sufficient credit with BofA/FIA. Has anyone been able to recently convert a BofA cash rewards card or similar to this card after calling in? If not, has anyone recently been able to reallocate credit from another BofA/FIA card in order to get this card on reconsideration?
I applied for the Fidelity AMEX a few weeks ago. They took some of the available credit on an old BOA Visa card that I haven't used in years for the AMEX card. This was done without me having to call in so I don't know which department does it but they can still allow the reallocations to occur.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014