• filter:
  • 113 14 15161731
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I applied yesterday, had to call in, was approved for the same amount as a BOA card I have.

rated:
Is there any signing bonus for the Fidelity AMEX card?

rated:
cwradio said:   Is there any signing bonus for the Fidelity AMEX card?Nope, never seen one or seen one talked about

rated:
Question: Is the $15,000 tier for the Fidelity VISA based upon a calendar year or an anniversary year? It's unclear from the site.

Thanks,

rated:
sayhey said:   Question: Is the $15,000 tier for the Fidelity VISA based upon a calendar year or an anniversary year? It's unclear from the site.

Thanks,
I believe it's based on your anniversary. I've spent less than $15K on it this year, and started earning the 2% last month because of large purchases during 4th quarter 2010.

rated:
sayhey said:   Question: Is the $15,000 tier for the Fidelity VISA based upon a calendar year or an anniversary year? It's unclear from the site.

Thanks,

"For the first $15,000 in Net Purchases you make with the card in any year (beginning on the Enrollment Date and continuing for every 12 month period thereafter), you will earn one and a half (1.5) points for every one U.S. dollar ($1) in Net Purchases made anywhere the card is accepted. For all Net Purchases in excess of $15,000 in any year (beginning on the Enrollment Date and continuing for every 12 month period thereafter), you will earn two (2)points for every U.S. dollar ($1) in Net Purchases made anywhere the card is accepted."

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UABIUN

rated:
Thanks to both of you!!!!!!! Anniversary date it is........

rated:
Look at your card expiry date usually that is the date.

rated:
Have a friend who wants a new credit card (she just graduated college recently, has a good job, basically perfect credit for her age).

Does this card automatically push the rewards, or do you have to initiate the transfer out when a threshold is reached? She doesn't want to open an IRA quite yet and I'm wondering if it's possible to just have the points sit there until this happens.

Also, with the changes to the ex-Schwab card (that I currently use), anyone heard anything about this one changing? Hopefully it doesn't since it's still Fidelity-associated.

Thanks!

rated:
miketheman88 said:   Does this card automatically push the rewards, or do you have to initiate the transfer out when a threshold is reached? She doesn't want to open an IRA quite yet and I'm wondering if it's possible to just have the points sit there until this happens.

Should be automatic, but I usually do it manually when the statement closes because it's faster. Any Fidelity account would work -- not really related to IRA.

rated:
I logged into my account this morning and noticed that my "Total available points:" is zero, yet I have a balance of over 14,000 points. It also won't let me redeem anything.

Anyone else seeing this? Maybe it is a labor day update thing or something.

rated:
miketheman88 said:   Have a friend who wants a new credit card (she just graduated college recently, has a good job, basically perfect credit for her age).

Does this card automatically push the rewards, or do you have to initiate the transfer out when a threshold is reached? She doesn't want to open an IRA quite yet and I'm wondering if it's possible to just have the points sit there until this happens.

Also, with the changes to the ex-Schwab card (that I currently use), anyone heard anything about this one changing? Hopefully it doesn't since it's still Fidelity-associated.

Thanks!

For my card, I need to push the rewards once I hit 5000 points ($50 at a time).
Why does she not want to open an IRA? You do not have to have an IRA for the card. She can start a Fidelity mysmart cash account. I currently have a balance of $0, you can use it as a "staging account" - ie, when you get 5000 points, push $50 into the account, and decide where you want to move the money from there (you can withdraw it if you want). You CAN just have the points sit there, but why? Why not move it to something that provides some sort of return, even if it's 0.15% interest

I have heard no rumblings of Fidelity changing this (AMEX) from a 2% card.

rated:
With the ex-Schwab card about to go the route of the dodo bird on November 1st, I am intending to apply for the Fidelity AMEX card (despite not having any current association with Fidelity).

Question: Has anyone recently applied and been approved for the Fidelity AMEX card AND have their non-BOA/FIA AMEX credit card limits reduced as a consequence? I have two AMEX direct credit cards at the moment - the AMEX Blue and AMEX Clear - with relatively high credit limits. I really hope that if I am approved for the Fidelity AMEX card that their lines remain intact.

rated:
Solomon960 said:   With the ex-Schwab card about to go the route of the dodo bird on November 1st, I am intending to apply for the Fidelity AMEX card (despite not having any current association with Fidelity).

Question: Has anyone recently applied and been approved for the Fidelity AMEX card AND have their non-BOA/FIA AMEX credit card limits reduced as a consequence? I have two AMEX direct credit cards at the moment - the AMEX Blue and AMEX Clear - with relatively high credit limits. I really hope that if I am approved for the Fidelity AMEX card that their lines remain intact.

You have just as much of a chance of AMEX lowering your credit limits if you get the Fidelity AMEX as if you were to get any other card not issued by American Express Centurion Bank. American Express Centurion Bank cards and the Fidelity AMEX are no more related than the Chase Freedom Visa and the Citi Forward Visa.

rated:
Solomon960 said:   With the ex-Schwab card about to go the route of the dodo bird on November 1st, I am intending to apply for the Fidelity AMEX card (despite not having any current association with Fidelity).

Have multiple AMEX - on the last go around, my HHonors AMEX CL was reduced to accomodate my AMEX SPG card. The Fidelity was left alone. Since the Fidelity card is run by a different bank (just uses the AMEX network), I'm pretty sure other non BOA CLs will not be touched.

rated:
In order for the automatic points redemption to occur, you have to approve in the rewards section for that to occur. This is a checkbox kind of thing. In the same area, you have to provide the Fideltiy account number to be direct deposited into. You have to do that for each Fidelity card account you set up. Points may be tranferred one card to another in 2500 point units. Points may be combined by different family members with their own individual accounts. For example, a parent may tranfer points to a college student with his/her own card account or vice versa.

rated:
I just attempted to register for a mySmart Cash Account online and was rejected on the basis of my identity not being able to be determined. I could print out the long paper application and mail it, but I've decided that doing so just so that I can enjoy owning a 2% Cash Back card no longer seems worth such effort (especially since I don't make many purchases thanks to the direct ship mint program being dicontinued). I wish I could consolidate all the various credit accounts I already own without ruining my credit - I don't like having associations with every financial company on the planet.

rated:
GamingG said:    Has anyone been able to recently convert a BofA cash rewards card or similar to this card after calling in?
Would love to hear yeas or nays on this question.

Also, would anyone who has been able to deactivate monthly autopay-in-full without having to call in please explain how? TIA.

rated:
I applied and was not auto-approved. What is the number you call to get your application processed? A number flashed up but went away before I wrote it down. I called one number but it was an automated system that just tells me that my application is being reviewed.

rated:
I applied on Wednesday. Got a THANK YOU! message and to call 888.503.6090 Monday trough Friday 8 AM to 7 pm Easter. I was told I was approved and would get my card in a few weeks

rated:
jruser said:   I applied and was not auto-approved. What is the number you call to get your application processed? A number flashed up but went away before I wrote it down. I called one number but it was an automated system that just tells me that my application is being reviewed.

1-866 598 4971. It's in the quick summary in this thread.

rated:
I've been considering applying for the Fidelity AMEX card and now that I'm ready to, I noticed that the MySmartCash link has been replaced with a Cash Management Account? Is this just a rebranding or something new altogether?

Also, will there be a hard pull to open up this account?

rated:
dozenblackroses said:   I noticed that the MySmartCash link has been replaced with a Cash Management Account? Is this just a rebranding or something new altogether? I got an email about this the other day and it is just a product rename.

rated:
dozenblackroses said:   I've been considering applying for the Fidelity AMEX card and now that I'm ready to, I noticed that the MySmartCash link has been replaced with a Cash Management Account? Is this just a rebranding or something new altogether?

Also, will there be a hard pull to open up this account?

I did the online chat with a CSR and they informed me that there would be no hard pull to open up this account.

rated:
jtdeals said:   dozenblackroses said:   I noticed that the MySmartCash link has been replaced with a Cash Management Account? Is this just a rebranding or something new altogether? I got an email about this the other day and it is just a product rename.

Here's the email text
"We want to inform you that the name of your mySmart Cash Account® will be changing to the Fidelity® Cash Management Account.

Please note, there will be no change to your account number(s), ATM/debit card(s), checks, or deposit slips. You can continue to use these items as usual.
All your account features and benefits remain the same

Your Fidelity® Cash Management Account will continue to provide all the features and benefits of your current account, including:

FDIC insurance coverage for the Cash Balances in your account1
Automatic reimbursement of all your ATM fees at one million plus ATMs worldwide2
Free Fidelity BillPay®
Free unlimited checkwriting with no charge for standard checkbooks
Easy online money movement and free self-funded overdraft when you link your account to other eligible Fidelity accounts

As always, thank you for using Fidelity Investments for your cash management needs. For more information, please log on to Fidelity.com. If you have any questions, please call us at 800.544.6666, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."

rated:
Right, thanks jtdeals and imbatman. I also just received an email response from Fidelity stating the same. Appreciate the help.

rated:
wtfmissles said:   GamingG said: I was denied for this card due to having sufficient credit with BofA/FIA. Has anyone been able to recently convert a BofA cash rewards card or similar to this card after calling in? If not, has anyone recently been able to reallocate credit from another BofA/FIA card in order to get this card on reconsideration?

I was denied initially for this card as well. I called the number that was provided and asked them to reconsider. The representative on the line said that she had no idea why I was declined, since I have a BofA Mastercard as well. I then verified some info from my credit report and was approved in about 10-15 minutes.

Give them a call and see what they say.

The credit analyst talked as if I'd likely be approved, but he had to "reach out to some partners" in order to get another decision. I received an ambiguous voicemail from him the next day that mentioned he was able to reach out to those partners, and if I had any questions, I could call back their department. After a few calls, I discovered my reconsideration request was also declined. I tried getting a rep to convert my current BofA card to the Fidelity AMEX, but that wasn't possible because they can't convert BofA cards to non-BofA cards, and I couldn't transfer part of my limit because I was denied for a new account.

rated:
Maybe somebody can help me out with the fidelity AMEX 2% Cash Back card. I do have a fidelity cash management account. Do I have to wait until I've accumulated 5000 points, i.e. $50 dollars before transferring the money to a fidelity cahs management account. Or, can I just transfer the money to the fidelity cash management account each month? Also, how do I link up the credit card points to the fidelity cash management account. The person I called on the credit card was unable to assist me in these questions. Thank you very much if you can help me out.

rated:
bigtimesaver3652 said:   Maybe somebody can help me out with the fidelity AMEX 2% Cash Back card. I do have a fidelity cash management account. Do I have to wait until I've accumulated 5000 points, i.e. $50 dollars before transferring the money to a fidelity cahs management account. Or, can I just transfer the money to the fidelity cash management account each month? Also, how do I link up the credit card points to the fidelity cash management account. The person I called on the credit card was unable to assist me in these questions. Thank you very much if you can help me out.

You can set it all up online. I set it all up over the phone though. Try calling FIA (banking not credit card) customer service. I've had CSR on both sides help me out though.
I wait til I accumulate 5000 points, then transfer $50 into my account. I'm not sure if you cant transfer amounts less than 5000 points. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

rated:
Yes, it is a 5000 point minimum or no money is transferred.

Log on to your Fideltiy AMEX account.
Click Rewards.
Click Redeem Points Now
Click Add Account
Fill out the boxes and click save this account.

rated:
FIA Fidelity AMEX credit card do not need any checking account to get your money. Just go online and request a check mailed to you. I'm doing it for last 2 years..

rated:
This method of Cash Back not involving a fidelity account will give you less than 2% Cash Back! There are TWO types of rewards: cash rewards, and fidelity rewards. The fidelity rewards are the ones that give 2% and must involve a deposit to a fidelity account.

fwbargain said:   FIA Fidelity AMEX credit card do not need any checking account to get your money. Just go online and request a check mailed to you. I'm doing it for last 2 years..

rated:
I'm moving over to this Fidelity AMEX from many years with the old Schwab 2% card. Got approved on the phone for $15K limit.

Can anyone confirm that Costco spending gets the 2% ?

rated:
ForSpud said:   I'm moving over to this Fidelity AMEX from many years with the old Schwab 2% card. Got approved on the phone for $15K limit.

Can anyone confirm that Costco spending gets the 2% ?
Yep, straight 2% for Costco and everything else.

rated:
If you spend 12,500 and get 25,000 points, then you can redeem for a 250 dollar check without having to go through a Fidelity account(unless things have changed).

And I got 2% at Costco.

rated:
For those getting approved over the phone, did you do the entire application on the phone? Or just call a number after submitting an online application for manual approval?

If the latter, did you talk to someone regarding your online application? Or did you just use the automated system?

rated:
did app online, opened Fidelity cash management account, brokerage account, etc. and applied for AMEX, then called the number on the screen afterward, talked to human, she said I was approved already without any question..

and how the heck did I miss this just for Costco purchases if nothing else all these years I have been using (ex)Schwab VISA ... the demise of (ex)Schwab VISA should be a blessing in disguise based on my Costco spending vs places that dont take AMEX ... dang I was leaving money on the table!

rated:
You don't happen to remember the number that you talked to, do you? I called the 800 number on the first page of this thread, but that just funnels me into an automated system. I didn't have the opportunity to talk to a human.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind. I called the 888.503.6090 number that was posted on page 11 of this thread and immediately got to talk to a person who was able to verify my approval. FWIW, the automated system via the other toll-free number would only tell me that my application was pending review and that my application could take up to 30 days to process.

rated:
I am thinking about applying this card too.
Before I do that, I would like to know if I can make multiple payment on this card (on its website) every month?
I am asking because I always spend more than the CL of the card.
I need to make payments whenever I think it's necessary to maintain enough credit.

Edited: since I can use FIA website to manage this card (and my soon-ending charles schwab), I assume that the multiple payment question is solved, right?

Edited more: I found the answer in Page 7 of this thread.
Thank you!

rated:
If you have a Costco Executive account, do you get 2% from that and then 2% from the AMEX for a combined 4% or does the AMEX usurp the Executive 2% bonus.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014