• filter:
  • 114 15 16171831
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
peterwi said:   If you have a Costco Executive account, do you get 2% from that and then 2% from the AMEX for a combined 4% or does the AMEX usurp the Executive 2% bonus.The 2% Costco Executive bonus is not dependent on the method of payment.

rated:
jtdeals said:   peterwi said:   If you have a Costco Executive account, do you get 2% from that and then 2% from the AMEX for a combined 4% or does the AMEX usurp the Executive 2% bonus.The 2% Costco Executive bonus is not dependent on the method of payment.

agreed. I have both, it ends up equaling 4% CashBack at CostCo for my purchases there if I use my Fidelity card.

rated:
I've got a question about the Fidelity AMEX. According to a post I read elsewhere, "FIA Card Services prints your ENTIRE credit card number on the snail mail statements." Those that get statements, is there any truth to this (or maybe there's an option to go green and not get snail mail)? I ask because our postman is prone to delivering mail to the wrong addresses. I've ended up with my neighbors' mail plenty of times and vice versa. It would be disastrous if my entire cc number and full name ended up elsewhere.

rated:
Don't ALL issuers show the entire numbers? I don't get printed statements anymore.

rated:
dozenblackroses said:   I've got a question about the Fidelity AMEX. According to a post I read elsewhere, "FIA Card Services prints your ENTIRE credit card number on the snail mail statements." Those that get statements, is there any truth to this (or maybe there's an option to go green and not get snail mail)? I ask because our postman is prone to delivering mail to the wrong addresses. I've ended up with my neighbors' mail plenty of times and vice versa. It would be disastrous if my entire cc number and full name ended up elsewhere.

My entire CC # shows up on my statement. Yes you can "go green". I've never received a paper statement on this card (always signed up for electronic), so I actually didn't even realize it until you posted this.

@tjguitar85 - no, I have some CC issuers who XXXXXX the first part and just list the last 4 digits of my CC # on my statements.

rated:
Same here. Wanted to give folks a heads up that if you get the "Retirement Rewards" Fidelity AMEX card instead of the "Investment Rewards" card -- which I did somehow without intending to -- you can still link up to any Fidelity account (including the checking account): not just retirement accounts. I verified this with a CSR today while trying to convert the card to an Investment Rewards. Once she said you can link it to any Fidelity account, I left it as is.

Also, you can allocate credit limits between your former Schwab card (also FIA run) and your new AMEX card. I just switched the limits b/c my Schwab was a good limit and my AMEX was a little low on initial authorization.

greenbed said:   This method of Cash Back not involving a fidelity account will give you less than 2% Cash Back! There are TWO types of rewards: cash rewards, and fidelity rewards. The fidelity rewards are the ones that give 2% and must involve a deposit to a fidelity account.

fwbargain said:   FIA Fidelity AMEX credit card do not need any checking account to get your money. Just go online and request a check mailed to you. I'm doing it for last 2 years..

rated:
imbatman said:   

@tjguitar85 - no, I have some CC issuers who XXXXXX the first part and just list the last 4 digits of my CC # on my statements.

That is quite a pain but usually it's available somewhere else in the statement.

rated:
dozenblackroses said:    It would be disastrous if my entire cc number and full name ended up elsewhere.

Hey, any waiter/waitress can write down your name and number whenever you pay your check.........unless you only eat at McDonald's. Every time that you use your card at a retailer or an on-line store, your name and number forever get entered into their databases (which periodically get hacked).

In other words, chill out!!!! If you're paranoid about your neighbors, then you certainly can elect electronic statements...

Good Luck,

rated:
Drinyth said:   For those getting approved over the phone, did you do the entire application on the phone? Or just call a number after submitting an online application for manual approval?

If the latter, did you talk to someone regarding your online application? Or did you just use the automated system?

I put in my application on-line and then immediately called the number provided. I got a credit analyst who took some info, reviewed my credit report, and approved the card within 5 minutes. He also was willing to move much of my credit limit over from my ex-Schwab FIA card which is about to be converted.

Good Luck,

rated:
Zaos said:   imbatman said:   

That is quite a pain but usually it's available somewhere else in the statement.

My normal AMEX statements just say "account ending in 1-2345". Citi MC has XXXXXX4digits.
Actually, none of my CC statements have the full account number on the statement except this Fidelity card.

rated:
imbatman said:   My normal AMEX statements just say "account ending in 1-2345". Citi MC has XXXXXX4digits.
Actually, none of my CC statements have the full account number on the statement except this Fidelity card.

I'm sure it's there on the payment coupon.

rated:
olegos said:   imbatman said:   My normal AMEX statements just say "account ending in 1-2345". Citi MC has XXXXXX4digits.

I'm sure it's not

rated:
imbatman said:   olegos said:   imbatman said:   My normal AMEX statements just say "account ending in 1-2345". Citi MC has XXXXXX4digits.

I'm sure it's not

The full account number used to be in the payment coupon of AMEX statements until 2009. They changed it in 2010 to show XXXX and last 5 digits. Now they just have account ending number like on top of the statement.

rated:
For those with accounts, are the Fidelity point redemptions only in 5000 point increments -- 5k, 10k, 15k, etc? That is, I can't go in monthly and redeem an odd amount (say 7860)?

On a related note, with the FIA Schwab 2% card going kaput, I've cleaned up the Quick Summary with a variety of tidbits that I found useful -- please correct if there are any inaccuracies!

rated:
monto888 said:   For those with accounts, are the Fidelity point redemptions only in 5000 point increments -- 5k, 10k, 15k, etc? That is, I can't go in monthly and redeem an odd amount (say 7860)?

On a related note, with the FIA Schwab 2% card going kaput, I've cleaned up the Quick Summary with a variety of tidbits that I found useful -- please correct if there are any inaccuracies!

As long as its over 5000 points, you can redeem whatever qty you want.

rated:
islandguy84 said:   Incorrect. You can open a mySmartCash account with no minimum balance requirement and have your rewards deposited into this account.
Newbie and Schwab Visa refugee here - sorry if I've missed this. How do you open just the mySmartCash account (now called Cash Management Account I believe). Can you provide a URL?

rated:
Newbie and Schwab Visa refugee here - sorry if I've missed this. How do you open just the mySmartCash account (now called Cash Management Account I believe). Can you provide a URL?

Fidelity Cash Management Account[

rated:
stevehuff said:   islandguy84 said:   Incorrect. You can open a mySmartCash account with no minimum balance requirement and have your rewards deposited into this account.

I did mine over the phone. You can call the card services number on the back of the card, and ask to be transferred to someone who can open the account for you.

rated:
monto888 said:   For those with accounts, are the Fidelity point redemptions only in 5000 point increments -- 5k, 10k, 15k, etc? That is, I can't go in monthly and redeem an odd amount (say 7860)?It is only after 5000+ points. Yes, we manually do odd amounts by hand after reaching/exceeding 5000 points.
After it sweeps, then 5000+ points are needed to kick it in gear again.
We did the last one by hand on the site. It let us do 6009 points =$60.09 sweep on a click. We do so by hand or we have to wait until the end of the month for the sweep. By hand, we can get it about the 10th of the month or so.

We have both Fidelity Visa and AMEX. We can transfer from one to the other in 2500 point units. It speeds up the time we can collect on the slower moving account.

I should add points are only awarded/transferable after the monthly bill cycle closing date.

rated:
Two questions...

1) I was wondering if the Fidelity AMEX Card has the usual card "perks" like extended warranty, purchase protection, travel and auto rental insurance, etc etc

2) The debit card for the "cash management account" (formerly known as "my smart cash"...lol) when you go to an atm are you able to do a Balance Inquiry on the account or can you only do a Cash Withdrawal?
Also, do they let you "customize" your pin number?

Thanks

rated:
I learned today that I was approved for the Fidelity AMEX and now must wait "2 to 3 weeks" for my welcome kit and card to arrive. I opened the mySmart Fidelity account AFTER applying for the AMEX card, so I did not have a Fidelity account to insert into my AMEX application. I have received several different numbers as to what to use in order to link my Fidelity account to the Fidelity AMEX card for rewards purposes. Has anyone been in my situation recently and know of a direct number to link my two accounts together? So far, I know that it is NOT 1-877-811-7088 or 1-888-503-6090.

rated:
You can link it yourself through the credit card's website. Your Fidelity account is in the form of X12345678.

rated:
c3: If true, then I will simply wait to receive my Fidelity AMEX card (the CSR I spoke with today couldn't verify that an AMEX account number had been generated for me so far despite my being approved on 9/10) in the mail. Until then, I don't have access to a related account online. (The only FIA cad that shows up online is my deceased Schwab card at present.)

rated:
"2 to 3 weeks"!

And here I've been checking the mail daily wondering where my card is. Guess I have a week if not two more to go. Thanks for the info!

rated:
I would just wait until you have the card, Fidelity account and FIA AMEX website setup. C3 is correct. Scroll up some posts to see how it is done. That was recently posted/discussed in this thread.

rated:
I was approved for Fidelity AMEX late last week and am awaiting my new card. There's no rush because my ex-Schwab FIA card will not be converted until October 31. I did receive a Fidelity VISA debit card which is linked to my new Cash Management Account.

rated:
I just applied for this card online, called the 800 number and was approved. I tried to move my credit line from my old Schwab 2% over and the CSR said I couldn't do that until I activate my card. Does that sound right?

rated:
abracadaver said:   I just applied for this card online, called the 800 number and was approved. I tried to move my credit line from my old Schwab 2% over and the CSR said I couldn't do that until I activate my card. Does that sound right?

No. Try calling 888 503-6090. They moved my credit line over on the day that my Fidelity application was approved.

Good Luck,

rated:
I applied and got approved. I had to call, and they had to move $10k of my credit limit from a BofA card that I don't use (but keep to get the Museums on Us benefit) to move to this. They wanted to close it but I told them I wanted to keep it to have a BofA branded card. Once the FIA Visa goes away, I can transfer more of my credit limit over (but I am pretty high right now since my daughter charged her law school tuition on it).

Time t open a Fidelity account, I suppose.

rated:
sayhey said:   abracadaver said:   I just applied for this card online, called the 800 number and was approved. I tried to move my credit line from my old Schwab 2% over and the CSR said I couldn't do that until I activate my card. Does that sound right?

No. Try calling 888 503-6090. They moved my credit line over on the day that my Fidelity application was approved.

Good Luck,

Still having some issues with this. Apparently I have to wait for my card number to be generated...was yours generated instantly? I'm confused.

rated:
abracadaver said:   sayhey said:   abracadaver said:   I just applied for this card online, called the 800 number and was approved. I tried to move my credit line from my old Schwab 2% over and the CSR said I couldn't do that until I activate my card. Does that sound right?

Still having some issues with this. Apparently I have to wait for my card number to be generated...was yours generated instantly? I'm confused.

They moved my CL over 5 minutes after I submitted the on-line application and called in. I haven't received the card yet.

Good Luck,

rated:
sayhey said:   No. Try calling 888 503-6090. They moved my credit line over on the day that my Fidelity application was approved.
Was that because they needed to move it in order to approve the card application? Maybe they can only do it if you have to call in for approval (i.e., as part of the account opening process), but they can't do it once you've been approved, until you get the card.

rated:
Any indications that FIA is going to reduce the 2% on these cards now that the schwab visa has gone ?

rated:
lanb said:   Any indications that FIA is going to reduce the 2% on these cards now that the schwab visa has gone ?

yes, the 2% will end exactly on 12:01am, 02/29/2013.
get in now.

next question, please.

rated:
billrubin said:   Was that because they needed to move it in order to approve the card application? Maybe they can only do it if you have to call in for approval (i.e., as part of the account opening process), but they can't do it once you've been approved, until you get the card.

We didn't discuss any reallocation of my credit limit until after I was told that I had been approved for the card. I didn't have to call in; I simply was curious.

rated:
lanb said:   Any indications that FIA is going to reduce the 2% on these cards now that the schwab visa has gone ?Schwab dumped the 2% card like 6 momths ago (remember it was FIA paying the rebate for some time). So it's not like this is something new in terms of Schwab vs. Fidelity.

rated:
billrubin said:   lanb said:   Any indications that FIA is going to reduce the 2% on these cards now that the schwab visa has gone ?Schwab dumped the 2% card like 6 momths ago (remember it was FIA paying the rebate for some time). So it's not like this is something new in terms of Schwab vs. Fidelity.

umm, I think the question is asking - does anyone know if the Fidelity (FIA) is going to reduce the 2% cards now that the schwab visa has gone (also FIA)?
The Schwab Visa closed new applications a while ago, but the card was still active until. . . well very recently (maybe still active for those who have the card), but it's being changed to the BOA (also FIA) cash rewards card, which is not a straight 2% card.

To answer the original question, no, there's not currently any indication that Fidelity is planning on either reducing the 2% Cash Back or getting rid of the card.

rated:
imbatman said:   billrubin said:   lanb said:   Any indications that FIA is going to reduce the 2% on these cards now that the schwab visa has gone ?Schwab dumped the 2% card like 6 momths ago (remember it was FIA paying the rebate for some time). So it's not like this is something new in terms of Schwab vs. Fidelity.
umm, I think the question is asking - does anyone know if the Fidelity (FIA) is going to reduce the 2% cards now that the schwab visa has gone (also FIA)?
The Schwab Visa closed new applications a while ago, but the card was still active until. . . well very recently (maybe still active for those who have the card), but it's being changed to the BOA (also FIA) cash rewards card, which is not a straight 2% card.

To answer the original question, no, there's not currently any indication that Fidelity is planning on either reducing the 2% Cash Back or getting rid of the card.

But the poster was implying that Schwab had just recently decided to drop their 2% card (this seems to be what you think as well). That is not true. Schwab dropped the card maybe 6 months ago, but new cards were not issued so they still say Schwab. FIA took over paying the rebate and they are the ones discontinuing the card. I would think that if Fidelity was going to do something based on Schwab dropping the card, it would have been done already. Obviously no one knows if Fidelity will drop it, but the fact that it's still open for new accounts would imply that they are not considering it (unlike Schwab, which had stopped taking applications some time before dropping their support for existing customers).

BTW, I applied for the card on Tuesday and received it in the mail today. Not bad considering it was mailed from AZ (to NY)!

rated:
billrubin said:   BTW, I applied for the card on Tuesday and received it in the mail today. Not bad considering it was mailed from AZ (to NY)!

Interesting. I applied and was approved a week and a half ago (Monday the 12th) and I still haven't received my card yet.

rated:
mbwd said:   Also, you can allocate credit limits between your former Schwab card (also FIA run) and your new AMEX card. Was there a particular department/extension that explained this to you?

I wonder if it's true with other FIA cards, or at least other cobranded cards like Fidelity 529 Visa.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014