• filter:
  • 115161718 19
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
IStillPickUpPennies said:   This may sound silly to some, but I used to use a TV Tuner card to record most of my TV entertainment.  Then I went through the recordings and edited out the commercials.

Instead, now I just wait and get the season DVD's for free from the local library.  If I can't get through all of the episodes before it has to go back, I can archive the remaining episodes on the hard drive, and we delete them as we watch them.

It saves me a heck of a lot of time, and doesn't cost anything extra.  No more playing around with tuner card software, missing an episode, etc.  Plus, they can't cancel the show on you in the middle of the season if you are getting them a full season at a time, after the fact.

I do that, plus
We have Netflix, so we watch past seasons of shows with no commercials whenever we want , vs the network schedule.
Occassionally we watch a current season like GRIMM and its so painful to sit though commercials knowing my life is ticking away....

rated:
I like going to the office for 10am, then be the last one to leave at 6:30, traffic is light, and I can take care of all the sudden emergencies that popup at 5pm.

I also love working from home whenever possible - saves 1.5 hr commute that day.

rated:
This is a unique thread I think because the usual topic is how to save money. Great strategies here.
Save time by paying bills online or even make it auto-debit on monthly basis.

rated:
What about having two laundry baskets, one for underwear and the other for everything else. I do wash them separately anyway.

I plan to do this, since I like the idea of maybe spending a few more seconds every day to dump your clothes into different baskets, as opposed to spending a few more minutes sorting them out before washing. What do you (if you do laundry on your own) think?

rated:
yadayadayadayada said:   What about having two laundry baskets, one for underwear and the other for everything else. I do wash them separately anyway.

I plan to do this, since I like the idea of maybe spending a few more seconds every day to dump your clothes into different baskets, as opposed to spending a few more minutes sorting them out before washing. What do you (if you do laundry on your own) think?

Wash everything in the same load.

rated:
bytem3 said:   Wash everything in the same load.
  Yup.  While "batching" it away from home on a long term assignment, everything went into the washer or hung up for a 2nd wear as it was taken off.  When the washer looked suitably full, a quarter cup of Tide and away it went.  Sheets and pillow cases went through with jammies.  Reds, blues, greens, black, whites... it all came out just fine.  I wouldn't do it with a nice white dress shirt, but for casual business wear, it worked swimmingly.  

rated:
Great thread! Learned a lot of stuff! Thanks so much! )

rated:
msquickie said:   Great thread! Learned a lot of stuff! Thanks so much! )
  Glad you are here.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014