• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
I searched further to solve my question, basically I set up a temporary cash account (which can use a qif import file) to process the transactions and then move them into the approprate credit card account (which cannot use a qif account)

I can honestly now recommend moneydance as a viable alternative to Quicken. Its reporting features are not as robost and it is frustrating to try and track your portfolio if you have more than one brokerage account since it does not yet offer reporting of securities held in multiple accounts, but overall it is a fine and usable product.

For those who are interested, I believe moneydance now has a free iPhone app as a companion to the desktop program. It supposedly lets you make transaction entries on your phone and when you log on to the desktop it updates the files wirelessly if you run the application from the iphone/iPad.

I have used the moneydance iphone app. It is nice because it wirelessly syncs to the desktop everytime you open the app and have moneydance open on the desktop. The problem is that it only syncs the bank accounts and credit cards and does not sync the mortgage and the investment accounts. That makes it sort of lame in my opinion.

Airhead315 said: I am currently using yodlee, but im considering deleting all my accounts, changing the passwords on all of my financial accounts, and then deleting my yodlee account. I realize that the login process is "secure" but I want a more secure login. I want something that not even a keylogger could infiltrate. Some banks have started using the "RSA SecurID" tag things that you put on your keychain and it generates a new integer every 15 seconds or so. You you type in your username and password and then type in the digits currently displayed on your tag. This way a person needs to know your username and password AND have possession of your tag generator.

If someone shows me an account aggregator with this level of security. I'm sold.

These have been used in Europe for a long time.

I don't really understand why it isn't an option in the US...same reason we don't (usually) get our pictures on debit/credit cards I guess.

drieendertig said: These have been used in Europe for a long time.

I don't really understand why it isn't an option in the US...same reason we don't (usually) get our pictures on debit/credit cards I guess.

It's not clear the extra hassle is worth it. I would rather avoid getting a keylogger in the first place.

And I can only imagine the fun when every single bank starts using RSA tokens, and you have to juggle 12 of them...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014