• filter:
  • 143444546 47
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Fidelity is in a process of moving their CC portfolio from FIA card services (old MBNA) to Elan over the next six months.
It took FIA card services several years to offer a 0% APR 15 month - 13% APR after that - 3% fee.
I have one Elan local bank name card that offered a significant CL increase IF I did a 15 month 0% - 3% fee BT which I did and just paid off (end of the 15 months). That card is now clear, but I do have plans for it soon as a short term spending card. I figure if I spend enough, they will make another BT offer.
BUT I digress ... What are your experiences with ELAN offering BTs? ... or CL promotions? I am trying to forecast what Elan may do with my BTs currently in place that will go into 2017? The card transition is scheduled for summer of 2016.
What has been your experience with multiple card accounts at Elan?
Once the transition happens, I will NOT have anything at any BAC entity. I am considering the FIA serviced AAA card. Thoughts and experiences with the AAA card?
TIA for your thouhghts.

rated:
Thank you for posting...

rated:
While you can get California hard money loan in as meager as a week, a standard mortgage might take up to 7 to 8 weeks for endorsement. Unnecessary to say, the conventions included if there should arise an occurrence of the last are tedious!

rated:
Any idea how quickly Alliant CU gets back to you?  I submitted the online app yesterday and was just wondering.. Thanks for the 0% no fee reference

rated:
How well do Chase small business cards (ink plus cards) with balances stay off of your personal credit report?

rated:
Ruffles -- My Ink has never reported on my personal CR. Just the initial hard inquiry.

rated:
scb175 said:   Any idea how quickly Alliant CU gets back to you?  I submitted the online app yesterday and was just wondering.. Thanks for the 0% no fee reference

I applied Jan 3rd (Sunday) and received an email congratulating me on approval on Jan 5th (Tuesday monring.)

rated:
M&T Bank Visa has a no-fee 0% 12 month balance transfer offer until 3-31-2016.

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/balance-transfer/no-fee-balance... 

rated:
cKGunslinger said:   
scb175 said:   Any idea how quickly Alliant CU gets back to you?  I submitted the online app yesterday and was just wondering.. Thanks for the 0% no fee reference

I applied Jan 3rd (Sunday) and received an email congratulating me on approval on Jan 5th (Tuesday monring.)

Yah, I got that as well, but I'm waiting for my membership number to have access to the website.  I didn't want to wait until the card came in the mail.  I would like to setup the balance transfer ASAP

rated:
debentureboy said:   Ruffles -- My Ink has never reported on my personal CR. Just the initial hard inquiry.
  sweet. totally awesome way to keep some debt away from the underwriters

rated:
scb175 said:   
cKGunslinger said:   

Yah, I got that as well, but I'm waiting for my membership number to have access to the website.  I didn't want to wait until the card came in the mail.  I would like to setup the balance transfer ASAP

New credit account available online by COB Jan 7.  I already had membership from last year, however.  I don't remember how long that specifically took.

rated:
These online applications ask for your full social security number and mother's maiden name. Is that normal/safe?

rated:
Before I answer you - Welcome to Fatwallet often just referenced to as FW.

Paper applications ask the same information.
Check for HTTPS:// in the webpage address.
- IF you see that, it is probably okay.
Yes - full social security number and mother's maiden name as a password is normal for most credit applications.
Social Security is material as most credit bureaus use it to identify you when providing your credit report and when the creditor updates it each month.
Whatever you put down for Mother's Maiden Name will be used as a password to proceed. You better remember it or things will go SNAFU when trying to deal with the creditor trying to be comfortable talking to you about your account.

rated:
cKGunslinger said:   
scb175 said:   
cKGunslinger said:   

New credit account available online by COB Jan 7.  I already had membership from last year, however.  I don't remember how long that specifically took.

Just to update... they called me to verify my new card would be in the mail and could take up to 7 days.  I asked the gentleman for my account number so I could log into the site and do a balance transfer.  He directed me to a different person who helped do the transfer right over the phone.  Pretty simple and very nice people!  Highly recommend Alliant CU

rated:
A little off-topic, but I too did a mini AOR, mostly for balance xfers, with Alliant (0% BT) Slate (0% BT) Barclay Ring (no real reason - just a new CL,) and Citi Access More (free $600 phone credit.)

All approved after a few days and cards sent out. Then my apartment complex puts up a sign above the wall-o-mailboxes - "Postal Service believes mailboxes may have been tampered with recently.  Check your mail daily." That sucks, I think. A few days go by, then I go to check my mail again, expecting my cards to be in by now. I walk up to my box, put in my key, pull my box open, and the entire wall opens, giving access to every mailbox (which are all empty.)  The whole thing had been crow-barred open and push back.  I immediately report it to the office and head back to apartment to make some phone calls.

Too late, as I check my email first and see "Thanks for registering your new card!" "You've set your card PIN!" "Your account has been blocked by the fraud department - please call!" for both Barclays and Citi.

Two of four cards, used at the same local Target that very day for multiple transactions of $200-$600. And the Barclay's had a $200 withdrawal from an ATM.  About $1200 total went through before purchased starting being blocked. Reported as fraud, cancelled the cards, and ordered new ones via FedEx with signature delivery.

What's kinda funny is that I called Chase to report that my card may have been stolen. They said, "Meh.. give it a few more days and see if it starts being used, then we'll flag it.  When I called Alliant, they said "Ok - we just sent it 2 days ago - so we'll just put a hold on it and when you call to activate it, tell us there is a hold on it and then we'll unlock it for you.  But we won't prompt you, you have to tell us there is a hold.  And if you don't get it in 2-3 days, call again and cancel it.

And then Citi never actually Next Day FedEx'd the new card, it just showed up in my regular mail several days later. 

rated:
Do you know if anybody notified police or postal inspectors?
Has the apartment replaced or fixed the mailbox?

rated:
Having worked in the Credit Card industry, I am shocked your cards were not blocked on the spot.. My job title was Lost Stolen Agent.

Call Chase back and select the lost stolen card option on the phone. You should tell them to change the account number and replace the card.
All four accounts need different card numbers than the ones stolen -- not just replacement cards.

All the same, monitor the accounts on line a couple of times a week until you are satisfied the accounts are not being used further.

rated:
Apartment seems to have fixed the mailboxes; they said they contacted the authorities. I received my Chase card in the mail about 2 days later and everything seems ok. I guess they also felt that since they only just sent the card, they didn't feel it would have arrived in time to have been stolen. Since they are balance xfer cards, they are pretty easy to monitor - no usage beyond the BT!

rated:
So I have been getting targeted mailers from Chase for a Slate card for about 6 months now (2-3 per month!).  It's been 5 years since I did a balance transfer, and I am finally ready to do one now.  It looks like Slate is the way to go with no fee and 15 months at 0%, but after reading posts on here, I am concerned I won't get a high enough CL.  I currently have about $50k balance on a total of $150k in CL's and a 820-830 F score.  I need to transfer at least 40k, but looks like most folks only get 15-20 from Chase.  Any suggestions?  Should I apply over the phone and ask to speak with a supervisor?  What is a hard pull exactly?

rated:
Mulox said:   So I have been getting targeted mailers from Chase for a Slate card for about 6 months now (2-3 per month!).  It's been 5 years since I did a balance transfer, and I am finally ready to do one now.  It looks like Slate is the way to go with no fee and 15 months at 0%, but after reading posts on here, I am concerned I won't get a high enough CL.  I currently have about $50k balance on a total of $150k in CL's and a 820-830 F score.  I need to transfer at least 40k, but looks like most folks only get 15-20 from Chase.  Any suggestions?  Should I apply over the phone and ask to speak with a supervisor?  What is a hard pull exactly?

If you had searched this thread, you would have found this useful post from 11-2-2012:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/902958/m17292661/#m17292661

rated:
bogalusa said:   
Mulox said:   So I have been getting targeted mailers from Chase for a Slate card for about 6 months now (2-3 per month!).  It's been 5 years since I did a balance transfer, and I am finally ready to do one now.  It looks like Slate is the way to go with no fee and 15 months at 0%, but after reading posts on here, I am concerned I won't get a high enough CL.  I currently have about $50k balance on a total of $150k in CL's and a 820-830 F score.  I need to transfer at least 40k, but looks like most folks only get 15-20 from Chase.  Any suggestions?  Should I apply over the phone and ask to speak with a supervisor?  What is a hard pull exactly?
If you had searched this thread, you would have found this useful post from 11-2-2012:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/902958/m17292661/#m17292661

Thank you.  I am trying to understand how using that link is better/different than the using the targeted app I got (getChaseSlate.com + my invite code).  Which one will yield the higher CL?

rated:
It isn't the link as much as it is the phone numbers provided on the post, that would get you to the back door to speak to an analyst in the event tht CL isn't big enough through the automated process once you applied for the Slate Card.

rated:
fattywallace said:   It isn't the link as much as it is the phone numbers provided on the post, that would get you to the back door to speak to an analyst in the event tht CL isn't big enough through the automated process once you applied for the Slate Card.
  Great, thanks!  I was approved for a paltry $5k through automated, then applied for increase to 25k and was given the 7-10 day wait in the mail from analyst.  How long do I need to wait to call the analyst now?

rated:
Mulox said:   
fattywallace said:   It isn't the link as much as it is the phone numbers provided on the post, that would get you to the back door to speak to an analyst in the event tht CL isn't big enough through the automated process once you applied for the Slate Card.
  Great, thanks!  I was approved for a paltry $5k through automated, then applied for increase to 25k and was given the 7-10 day wait in the mail from analyst.  How long do I need to wait to call the analyst now?

If they said the decision would be in a few days, I'd call them in a few days.  Did you tell them you wanted to do a balance transfer and the amount you wanted to transfer? That can sometimes help.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016