• filter:
  • 141424344 45
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
rascott said:   Are there any CUs out there that will do a 0% no fee BT? I have Navy already. Also have Chase Slate. Logix not available in my state.
  http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/visa/

Alliant, but only 6 months IIRC

rated:
BrunoPuntzJones said:   
rascott said:   Are there any CUs out there that will do a 0% no fee BT? I have Navy already. Also have Chase Slate. Logix not available in my state.
  http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/visa/ 

Alliant, but only 6 months IIRC

That link says 12 months 0% purchases and transfers, no fee.  I took advantage of it last month, you made me double check.

rated:
How did you qualify for Alliant?

rated:
rascott said:   How did you qualify for Alliant?
  Anyone can join through Foster Care for Success
http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/membership/eligibility/ofa/

rated:
psm321, psychoslowmatic,

What were you stats and what limits did they offer for balance transfers?

rated:
topic said:   psm321, psychoslowmatic,

What were you stats and what limits did they offer for balance transfers?

Good and about in line with my other cards.  

rated:
topic said:   Does anyone have history with Alliant Credit Union? What are typical credit limits they offer to new members. Read: If I request for more than they give me, will I burn another HP?
 Some years ago I got a $25,000 line (the maximum then allowed I was told) on a Platinum Rewards card. Their web site mentions that the Platinum card can now get lines of up to $50,000. I used it for the first year at 0% interest, and then left it unused.

Recently they wrote me pointing out it had been unused for several years, stating having unused cards open cost them money, and that they would close it if it was not used soon. I made a small charge to keep it open (to lower my total utilization).

I have decided I would like a 0%, 0% fee balance transfer to avoid selling appreciated securities. If I close this, and wait a month or so does anyone know if I would qualify to get a new card and get this offer again (plus possibly one for spending a certain amount).

An alternative might be to apply for the Platinum card, a different card, and then try to transfer the existing line to it. Any guess as to whether I would get the $0% offer for new card holders?

rated:
Applied online yesterday asking for $25k. A rep called me today to approve me for $15k.

I asked about countering and the rep said it's in line with my other cards and will get reevaluated in 6-12 months. Added bonus is I get $100 bonus on $500 spend.

rated:
Are you still eligible for 0/0 balance transfers on the existing card? If so that's amazing.

rated:
Thanks for the link!

rated:
Argyll said:   
vgwallet said:   
I know the days of No Fee are long done, but its nice to be looking at a 1% drop from the regular 3%.

Here are 7 cards which offer No Fee 0% balance transfers: http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/balance-transfer/no-fee-balance... 

In addition, Navy Federal Credit Union regularly offers no fee 0% balance transfers to members, once or twice a year.

Thanks for the link!

rated:
So do any of the BT CC's allow you to put money into an account perhaps with a BT check or a transfer of some sort, or have all those types of cards gone the way of the dinosaurs?

rated:
parkdanil said:   So do any of the BT CC's allow you to put money into an account perhaps with a BT check or a transfer of some sort, or have all those types of cards gone the way of the dinosaurs?

Barclays lets you deposit straight into a bank account.

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   
topic said:   Does anyone have history with Alliant Credit Union? What are typical credit limits they offer to new members. Read: If I request for more than they give me, will I burn another HP?
 Some years ago I got a $25,000 line (the maximum then allowed I was told) on a Platinum Rewards card. Their web site mentions that the Platinum card can now get lines of up to $50,000. I used it for the first year at 0% interest, and then left it unused.

Recently they wrote me pointing out it had been unused for several years, stating having unused cards open cost them money, and that they would close it if it was not used soon. I made a small charge to keep it open (to lower my total utilization).

I have decided I would like a 0%, 0% fee balance transfer to avoid selling appreciated securities. If I close this, and wait a month or so does anyone know if I would qualify to get a new card and get this offer again (plus possibly one for spending a certain amount).

An alternative might be to apply for the Platinum card, a different card, and then try to transfer the existing line to it. Any guess as to whether I would get the $0% offer for new card holders?

You have to wait six months.

rated:
Argyll said:   
ProfessorEd said:   

You have to wait six months.

That is what I learned in a phone call.

I also learned I had an offer of 3 points per dollar if I spent over  over $3,000 over Aug. 1-Sep. 30. This is apparently a hidden benefit of not having used the card much (designed to get you using it). I was planning to cancel just to qualify for the nice terms later (after 6 months), but this led me to decide to keep it and direct enough spending to it to qualify. 

If you have an inactive card (possibly because their 1% back is less than you get on other card you have), it may be worth asking if this has been put on your card, or could be.
I was unaware of it, and the CSR  noted it had a tier on it (but did not know what this was, and had to inquire).

My account is joint with my wife, but she cannot get a card with the promotional terms on the basis of this, but would have to open a separate account before she could apply.

She could qualify because a relative (a husband) was a member, but even doing this was hard because they needed to know how I had qualified (long forgotten). Even after learning it was via Foster Care, their computer had trouble taking it, but eventually it was taken.

They then reported via E-mail a need for 2 forms of government ID (she had a driver's license, but lacked a second ID ready at hand), plus proof of address. After pointing out she was a known customer, having been joint with her husband for several years, they decided to skip the proof of residence, but still demand two government ID be faxed in.

rated:
topic said:   

Here are 7 cards which offer No Fee 0% balance transfers: http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/balance-transfer/no-fee-balance... 

In addition, Navy Federal Credit Union regularly offers no fee 0% balance transfers to members, once or twice a year.

Thanks for the link!

It appears that the Navy Federal Credit Union is hard to join if you are not working for certain organizations, unlike some where there are ways to join an organization and qualify. 

Otherwise, it might pay to join now, and wait for a good balance transfer opportunity.

rated:
Can other posters confirm Logix Credit Union requires a $500 minimum balance or at lease $500 in loan outstanding for their credit card?

rated:
topic said:   Can other posters confirm Logix Credit Union requires a $500 minimum balance or at lease $500 in loan outstanding for their credit card?
  Yes. Even better, Logix can confirm it .Call them. Since most new members from this board are doing balance transfers, that takes care of the minimum requirement.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015