• filter:
  • 137383940 41
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Here is the exact wording in the section on the back of the application called "Important Information:"

Fees
Transaction Fees
--Balance Transfer: Intro fee of $0 for transfers that post to your account by January 10, 2015 with the 0% intro APR balance transfer offer described above. After that, 3% of the amount of each transfer.

rated:
Discover is sending this offer for only selected people. I tried couple of times and never got better than 3% fee with 0% APR for 12 months.
Chase and US Bank gave me much better offer with 2% fee or while Barclays offered me 1% or 2% fee at different times.

rated:
Well, Socialosaurus (see posting from 9/23) and the Patelco Social Team fixed me right up. I'm now approved for membership and a no-fee 0% balance transfer Visa. They treated me very well.

rated:
So sad to see my Barclays coast 2 coast card being 'bought out' by Good Sam Camping World visa.

c2c always had the best BT offers all year, every year.

Just got off the phone w/ good sam, they aren't offering any BT offers (at this time).

rated:
It's just 3 more days to October 1. New month, new quarter, new opportunities (I hope). I'm expecting at least one credit union to post a new 12-month, 0%, no fee balance transfer offer. Navy? Apple? Wright-Patt? They've all had good offers in the past...

If there aren't any good offers, I'll really be disappointed.

rated:
I don't think you will be seeing any at all because of anticipated interest rate rises. NFCU has done it the past few Septembers but this time they opted for other forms of promotion (a 5% CD, $150 credit card reward,etc.) Earlier this year NFCU offered a 2.99% BT instead of the 0%. 

Since interest rates are expected to rise some, there is not much point to 0% anymore for all customers. There will remain a few that offer it for new cardholders only like Patelco, Slate, and Alliant.

rated:
Argyll said: I don't think you will be seeing any at all because of anticipated interest rate rises. NFCU has done it the past few Septembers but this time they opted for other forms of promotion (a 5% CD, $150 credit card reward,etc.) Earlier this year NFCU offered a 2.99% BT instead of the 0%. 

Since interest rates are expected to rise some, there is not much point to 0% anymore for all customers. There will remain a few that offer it for new cardholders only like Patelco, Slate, and Alliant.

Yes, but interest rates are expected to remain low for a "considerable time."

If you were local, I'd offer a friendly bet (not more than 25 cents or so). I still think a few offers will crop up.

rated:
skotty4 said:   So sad to see my Barclays coast 2 coast card being 'bought out' by Good Sam Camping World visa.

c2c always had the best BT offers all year, every year.

Just got off the phone w/ good sam, they aren't offering any BT offers (at this time).

I canceled the card just before it was transferred to Comenity for the same reason

rated:
Well, it's a new month, a new quarter, a new fiscal year, and ... so far ... nothing.

I've checked with twenty or so credit unions and no new zero-percent, no-fee balance transfer offers. Nothing new on a google search either.

Has anybody seen anything new and useful?

rated:
I thought you had Patelco now. Did you tell them how much you wanted to transfer?

rated:
I need to transfer $10k, they gave me $5k (tied for my lowest line), even after reconsideration, but they were nice about it.

rated:
You might as well transfer the rest to Chase Slate. Their offer is 15 months, longer than anyone else for a no fee transfer.

rated:
Yes. I was just waiting for today to see if anything else would come up. I have the Chase offer in my pocket right now.

rated:
Applied for Chase Slate. Was approved for 13.5k. Then applied a few minutes later for Chase Freedom. Thought it might be dicey, but was approved for 27k. Maybe they'll let me reallocate some of the new Freedom CL to Slate to keep utilization in a better range after balance transfers are complete.

rated:
searchlight said:   Applied for Chase Slate. Was approved for 13.5k. Then applied a few minutes later for Chase Freedom. Thought it might be dicey, but was approved for 27k. Maybe they'll let me reallocate some of the new Freedom CL to Slate to keep utilization in a better range after balance transfers are complete.
 Did you put your balance transfers on the application?

I requested an additional credit line increase two weeks after I applied.  At first I was turned down, but then I called again to complain when I found they had done multiple credit inquiries. When I did I found out they had done inquiries with two bureaus on each application (four inquiries in a two week span)  and the rep offered to review it again for a CLI without additional inquiries.  They increased my limit from 10K to 15K.

rated:
No, I didn't put the transfers on the app. I wanted to see what the limit would be before I started doing transfers. It worked out ok.

rated:
I just called Discover and apparently they are not accepting any new applications for business credit cards.

rated:
Hi guys. Is it best practice not to include the balance transfer request in the application and submit it after approval? Thanks!

rated:
Good and Nice thread. Would have saved a lot of people a lot of time.Thanks...

rated:
Mark -- either way is fine in my opinion. If you have use for the money, doing the BT straight away saves some time and might get you a few money days use of the money. I don't think we really know if the CC issuers treat a BT request differently as compared to a bare application. There's lots of speculation both ways.

In the glory days, I had great luck talking to a CSR about getting a larger CL if the app came back with a value lower than I wanted. I haven't made that call in several years, so that may not be true today. It can't hurt to call and ask -- one of the few times we are OK to call --

rated:
This is a great thread. I learn a lot of things. Thanks guys

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 137383940 41
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014