• filter:
  • 140414243 44
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Logix will also do cash advances at 0% with no fee so you can have cash deposited in your Logix savings account and use it as you wish.

rated:
My experience is that the cash advance check that Logix sent me did NOT have to be made out to a specific company. They overnighted it to me via FexEd and I brought it to Wells Fargo to have it deposited into my checking account. WF took one day to approve it. I've used the funds unencumbered already.

rated:
Just an FYI for anyone in FL wanting to get a Logix card: They do not serve Florida at this time. Got immediate denial for the card during online application and a letter in the mail a few days later. Called and got the scoop. No FL accounts. They still checked my credit though, which I find dumb, but whatever.

rated:
It was made clear in the initial post that Logix CU is geographically limited. On the sign-up page to open new accounts the first question is: "Do you live in one of these states: AZ, CA, DC, MA, MD, ME, NH, NV, or VA? Perfect - that's exactly where we offer new accounts."

https://ws.loanspq.com/Consumer/login/default.aspx?enc2=CjDDGQgp6ViDEpMSQAmj1DUPwHo59nhuD_iAGWeSAuPfz1PUTnsXUpAcivhVJ2wc4Xp0YbtkxQUYzkPgbq8VPlIkBuVzuO-tF5

rated:
I missed that. I didn't even consider that a bank would cover only certain areas, so wasn't looking for this.

rated:
Chuck101 said:   I missed that. I didn't even consider that a bank would cover only certain areas, so wasn't looking for this.
Logix is a credit union. Unlike banks, laws require credit unions to have a defined field of membership, which means you'll have to be a member of that group to access the credit union and its services.

rated:
Gotcha. I think I have a similar deal in the works with my current credit union, which I recently switched all of my banking over to thanks to this forum. Great Lakes Credit Union. I am getting 3% interest with their super interest checking account and really happy with their service thus far.
https://www.glcu.org/

rated:
GLCU has a 0% 12 months BT offer for the first 60 days you have the card, but there is a 2% fee.

rated:
Exactly. Not too shabby.

rated:
I just noticed that my 'monthly' BT checks from my Chase (Amazon CC) is offering a 0% interest 12 months, for a 2% bt fee.
I know the days of No Fee are long done, but its nice to be looking at a 1% drop from the regular 3%.

Now I'm contemplating churning 15k for a new Savings Account bonus at Chase (via a third bank), but the $$ math is meagre) - still, may do it just for s&g since the new money needs to be in there for only 90 days.

Maybe I'll allocate to my federal student loan at their rapey 7.5% - up to the 2500 annual deductible max, of course!

So much paperwork, so little time...

rated:
vgwallet said:   
I know the days of No Fee are long done, but its nice to be looking at a 1% drop from the regular 3%.

Here are 7 cards which offer No Fee 0% balance transfers: http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/balance-transfer/no-fee-balance...

In addition, Navy Federal Credit Union regularly offers no fee 0% balance transfers to members, once or twice a year.

rated:
Does Chase Ink do BTs anymore for existing card holders? I have not seen an offer since 3/2014.

rated:
With Chase, I had a Chase Freedom (0 current balance) card that I thought I cancelled a year ago. I just signed up for a Slate card (Thanks Argyll) since this was a better deal than the Great Lakes deal I was working. Once I logged in for the first time to Chase's web site, they had my old Freedom card there as well as the new Slate card.
I called them and they closed the old Freedom card and transferred the available credit to the Slate card. This gets me exactly what I needed, as I have 7k that I need to transfer to a 0% card and get paid off. Maybe this will work for you Lobo of you sign up for a new card. Or call them.

rated:
Chase Ink is a business card. The personal cards like Freedom have BT offers every 5 seconds. You can't shred an offer from Freedom without another one instantly appearing in your mailbox, even on a Sunday.

Anybody seen a BT offer from an existing Chase Ink Business card lately?

rated:
Applied for the Logix card and received instant approval for $15k. I guess I'll wait for them to contact me to do the balance transfer.

rated:
Raiz said:   Applied for the Logix card and received instant approval for $15k. I guess I'll wait for them to contact me to do the balance transfer.
Do it as soon as you get the card, because the date for the 0% offer starts when you get the card, not when you do the balance transfer.

rated:
Chase has a 0% transfer fee going on. I believe it's for 1 year, annual fee. Try that. I know my husband uses it. We transferred the debt over. It also has a 18 month no interest rate as well so it helped us tremendously. Hope that helps.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015