• filter:
  • 128 29 30313240
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
glentonmalvyn said:   Balance transfer credit card offers are designed to help people consolidate their credit card debt onto one card, thus saving money on interest charges. Some of the credit card offers below even feature a low introductory 0% APR interest rate on credit card balance transfers.

Really? Thanks for the information.

rated:
scubasteve said:   turtlebug said:   turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

Rec'd my Chase Slate card with 15K credit limit. Confirmed 15 months 0% APR for purchases and 0% BT w/$0 fee if done within first 30 days. Note: BT limited to 80% of credit limit.

Can you get checks to do a BT? Or do you need a CC# to give them?

I didn't ask them. Used the BT for a previous 0% BT that was set to expire.

**edit to add** No BT checks came w/card.

rated:
scubasteve said:   turtlebug said:   turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

Rec'd my Chase Slate card with 15K credit limit. Confirmed 15 months 0% APR for purchases and 0% BT w/$0 fee if done within first 30 days. Note: BT limited to 80% of credit limit.

Can you get checks to do a BT? Or do you need a CC# to give them?

Usually you need a CC#. I didn't get a check(s) with this last offer.

rated:
I have a visa with a 5k limit from my credit union, I can transfer funds from that visa into my saving/checking at no fee.

So I simply, transfer $5k to my checking, then use a balance transfer offer to pay off my visa. Instant 5k in cash. Repeat if necessary.

rated:
Thanks for posting this thread. Really saved my time.

rated:
(just a reminder) - the Discover More 12 month 0% BT offer with $0 BT fee ends 2/29/12

rated:
Just got approved for for the Chase Slate card.

I'm going to transfer a large balance that I have on a Bank of America visa card that I need to pay off at the end of the month. I want to try to do my balance transfer over the phone before I receive my card. Does anyone know the number to call?

rated:
Any CSR can do the BT over the phone.

rated:
They told me they couldn't do the BT over the phone until I had the card in hand because they needed the 3 digit CVN off the back of the card. They said the only way to complete the BT before the card was sent was to process during the application process.

I did not press this issue as I was expecting my card any day and was in no hurry so you may be able to get them to change policy with luck of the CSR draw or escalating.

Just a heads up.

rated:
turtlebug said:   (just a reminder) - the Discover More 12 month 0% BT offer with $0 BT fee ends 2/29/12

Thanks, maybe I'm thinking of another one, but the link I see from this page: https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/getapp?sc=KBT8 (sorry I cannot get it to link directly)

shows that once approved, the balance transfer must be completed by 8/10/2012 to be $0 BT.

"Intro fee of $0 for transfers that post to your account by 8/10/2012 with the 0% intro APR balance transfer offer described above. After that, 3% of the amount of each transfer."

Moderator Comment: Direct link added. — Feb. 27, 2012 @ 10:49am
rated:
json99 said:   They told me they couldn't do the BT over the phone until I had the card in hand because they needed the 3 digit CVN off the back of the card. They said the only way to complete the BT before the card was sent was to process during the application process.

I did not press this issue as I was expecting my card any day and was in no hurry so you may be able to get them to change policy with luck of the CSR draw or escalating.

Just a heads up.

Nope, you are totally correct; it happened to me as well. I just failed to read the part on your first reply of where you mentioned not having physical possession of your card.

rated:
regularlurker said:   turtlebug said:   (just a reminder) - the Discover More 12 month 0% BT offer with $0 BT fee ends 2/29/12

Thanks, maybe I'm thinking of another one, but the link I see from this page: https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/getapp?sc=KBT8 (sorry I cannot get it to link directly)

shows that once approved, the balance transfer must be completed by 8/10/2012 to be $0 BT.

"Intro fee of $0 for transfers that post to your account by 8/10/2012 with the 0% intro APR balance transfer offer described above. After that, 3% of the amount of each transfer."

Thanks for directly linking to it, but that new link doesn't show the zero BT option. It just shows 3% BT fee. The linke I had still shows the $0 BT. I'm not affiliated at all with the site that linked to the $0 BT link, but that was the only way I could get the $0 BT link to show up. The $0 BT Discover signup page still works, I just checked.

On a related note, I did a mini-AOR with DW info (as mine was just used for NFCU a month ago) for $0 BT with Chase Slate, Capital One Venture (targeted), and Discover More (via the link which was replaced). All were approved, the Chase and Discover didn't tell my CC limit online, but I was surprised by a $20k limit for the Capital One. I had heard horror stories about low CL.

rated:
I got the Discover card 0% apr in the mail. It just says mydiscover.com but has a specific invitation number. So maybe its targeted, but this combined with some of the Cash Back offers I see only on Discover may be the push for me to sign up:

Up to 5% Cash Back, 1% always
0% intro apr on purchases and balances transfers for 12 months
0 balance transfer fee till 8/10/12
No annual fee

Just completed my last mortgage refi for a while so I think the small credit score hit is worth locking this in, and having a Discover for those Discover only deals that do come up.

rated:
I got a "pre-approved" 0% 12 months 0 fee offer from Alliant in the mail yesterday. (I'm an Alliant member but don't currently have a CC with them)

Update: called them, got approved, confirmed 0 fee 0% 12 months and did transfer

rated:
I went to the Chase Slate app, logged in to "Prefill" the info for the app, and received difference T&C:

0% Intro APR for the first 15 billing cycles that your Account is open for Elite and Premium Pricing. 0% Intro APR for the first 6 billing cycles that your Account is open for Standard Pricing.

After that, 11.99% for Elite Pricing, 16.99% for Premium Pricing, or 21.99% for Standard Pricing. Your APRs will be based on your creditworthiness. These APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

BT FEE: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

rated:
krschee said:   I went to the Chase Slate app, logged in to "Prefill" the info for the app, and received difference T&C:

0% Intro APR for the first 15 billing cycles that your Account is open for Elite and Premium Pricing. 0% Intro APR for the first 6 billing cycles that your Account is open for Standard Pricing.

After that, 11.99% for Elite Pricing, 16.99% for Premium Pricing, or 21.99% for Standard Pricing. Your APRs will be based on your creditworthiness. These APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

For $0 BT fee, use link in my 2/07/12 post.

rated:
turtlebug said:   krschee said:   I went to the Chase Slate app, logged in to "Prefill" the info for the app, and received difference T&C:

For $0 BT fee, use link in my 2/07/12 post.

Yup, thanks. Confirmed it's working. Had to call reconsideration line, but they approved me to $6k and I transferred $5k from a Freedom card for a total of $11k on the Slate @ 0% @ $0 BT fee. THANKS.

Edit: Apparently, the CSR said my $0 BT fee has no expiration date, ever. Score.

rated:
I have a SLATE Card already that has zero balance on it (just paid it off).
Any strategy to take advantage of to get an offer such as this:
0% Intro APR for the first 15 billing cycles that your Account is open for Elite and Premium Pricing

Any number to call?

rated:
turtlebug said:   (just a reminder) - the Discover More 12 month 0% BT offer with $0 BT fee ends 2/29/12

yes discover has started giving more 0 fees 0 apr offers

rated:
mrkk said:   turtlebug said:   (just a reminder) - the Discover More 12 month 0% BT offer with $0 BT fee ends 2/29/12

yes discover has started giving more 0 fees 0 apr offers

I just received a mailer from Discover with 12 month 0% BT offer, 3% fee capped at $250, good from 2/29 - 5/8. It came with a check or refers to discover.com/balancetransfer. No special code listed on the mailer.

Certainly not as good as $0 fee but still looked better than the vast majority of (uncapped) offers I get in the mail these days.

rated:
I took the Discover 0/0/0 offer I received. Applied and received immediate approval for $10k credit line.

rated:
Updated QS - 0% APR, 0% BT fee card no longer valid - Barclays Harvard World MasterCard (Alumni)

rated:
Penfed cash advance fees is 0. You can do a cash advance on Penfed to share account, and then balance transfer from Slate to Penfed Visa.

rated:
sabhinav said:   Penfed cash advance fees is 0. You can do a cash advance on Penfed to share account, and then balance transfer from Slate to Penfed Visa.

So in your example <for us slower folks>:
-$1000 PenFed Visa to your bank account = $0 Fees + 0% Interest
-$1000 0% BT from Slate to PF Visa = $0 Fees
+$1000 PF Visa from Slate = $0 Fees + 0 % Interest
=======================================================
$1000 in Bank Account net = $0 Fees & 0% Interest

rated:
Well I was trying to show an easier way to do a BT to bank account. As most BT is credit card to credit card. Here are some other ways:
1) If you have aged chase account, call chase customer service rep and do a ACH transfer or request for convenience checks.
2) BT to Citi credit card and request Citi to send you excess balance. Citi might hold funds for fraud investigation.
3) See my previous note about doing cash advance with Penfed. Penfed's current cash advance interest rate is 10%, so you will pay few days interest between the time you take cash advance and funds from chase arrive. You can minimize that by doing a balance transfer from chase first and do a cash advance the following day.
4) Someone suggested to do a BT to a debit card, but per my readings that will always fail and you might get adverse action.

rated:
mikeg1 said:   whoDean said:   Which of Citi or BoA would be the best for quickly sending me a check for a credit balance?

It's really easy with Citi. You can request the credit balance refund online. They have usually mailed mine within 2-4 business days.

-mike

Worked for me, but took a bit longer.

rated:
I cannot find any cards with 0 balance transfer fees! How do you all find them??? TIA

rated:
manderson660 said:   I cannot find any cards with 0 balance transfer fees! How do you all find them??? TIA

Here's two that aren't targeted:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/902958/m16683916/#m16683...

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1176690/

You should also join Navy Federal CU if you can, they appear to run regular deals 2x a year on no fee BT.

rated:
thanks!! Wish I could join Alliant, but I got approved for the Chase Slate anyway.

rated:
manderson660 said:   thanks!! Wish I could join Alliant, but I got approved for the Chase Slate anyway.Anyone can join Alliant...

rated:
Has anyone successfully requested and gotten BT checks from Slate for the 0% offer? I emailed them and got this:

"While we are working to ensure that we are meeting new Federal laws, the option to request checks is unavailable. "

Used Discover 0% to pay off a car loan, was hoping to do the same with this...

rated:
fartfile said:   Has anyone successfully requested and gotten BT checks from Slate for the 0% offer? I emailed them and got this:

"While we are working to ensure that we are meeting new Federal laws, the option to request checks is unavailable. "

That's disappointing. I think I once got them to do an ACH. Have you tried to call and ask them also? I think a few people have BTed to a Citi or BOA account to put it in a negative balance and requested a refund check. Let us know how it goes.

rated:
fartfile said:   Has anyone successfully requested and gotten BT checks from Slate for the 0% offer? I emailed them and got this:

Just got off the phone after activating and initiating a BT for my new Slate card. I inquired about these other options, and the CSR said that their current policy is only to allow BTs to other credit cards in the first 90 days of opening an account. After 90 days, you can call in and request a BT to a bank account or request BT checks, and they will assess whether your account is in good standing to approve that request for up to $5K (this amount is probably dependent on the total credit limit, my card is $14K). Since the no fee offer is only valid in the first 30 days, the only real option is to BT to another card, so I went with a Citi Card and will request a refund of the negative balance.

rated:
an interesting note...when i applied for the slate card and called in to get a credit ninja to approve it, they said the BT limit was 80% of the line. after i got the card, i requested a BT (not a check, an actual BT) and the limit rose to around 92%. not sure why, but i was stoked about it. might be useful info for somebody else.

rated:
nsheth said:   
Just got off the phone after activating and initiating a BT for my new Slate card. I inquired about these other options, and the CSR said that their current policy is only to allow BTs to other credit cards in the first 90 days of opening an account. After 90 days, you can call in and request a BT to a bank account or request BT checks, and they will assess whether your account is in good standing to approve that request for up to $5K (this amount is probably dependent on the total credit limit, my card is $14K). Since the no fee offer is only valid in the first 30 days, the only real option is to BT to another card, so I went with a Citi Card and will request a refund of the negative balance.

Still waiting for my card, but is there a "magic number/percentage of CL" I should avoid BTing for the refund from Citi: $5k, $10k...$20k? Is it possible to request partial refunds or is it the entire amount or nothing? (ie. for a $10k BT, $5k refund this month and $5k next)

rated:
Is Discover still doing 0% w/ $0 BT fee?

I can't find a link with this offer anymore

rated:
sabhinav said:   Penfed cash advance fees is 0. You can do a cash advance on Penfed to share account, and then balance transfer from Slate to Penfed Visa.

Update: I was successfully able to do this online. There was no issues whatsoever, except that there was a daily limit of $5k on Penfed cash advance and ACH transfer out. Also ACH transfer took 2 business days.

rated:
After a long time, Citi is offering 15 months BT for 0% with no transfer fee for existing customer. I did receive a similar 18 months offer for a new card from Citi as well.

rated:
DollaStrecher said:   After a long time, Citi is offering 15 months BT for 0% with no transfer fee for existing customer. I did receive a similar 18 months offer for a new card from Citi as well.

Link?

rated:
..and for which card(s)?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014