• filter:
  • 133 34 35363742
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Thanks for that. Applying for it now.

rated:
Hi - I could use some help. I currently have a lot of CC debt and the interest payments are the killer. I can make a bit over the minimums but the interest means barely getting ahead of the balances. I have no negatives on my CR but obviously a high usage. I was thinking of trying for a few of the 0% cards. Any ideas what might work? I am at my wits end and really want to get ahead. I hate having this debt - it is literally eating me alive

I have cc's now with citi, chase, bank of america and usbank. My interest rates are all at about 10%.

Thanks for your help!

rated:
allen074 said:   Hi - I could use some help. I currently have a lot of CC debt and the interest payments are the killer. I can make a bit over the minimums but the interest means barely getting ahead of the balances. I have no negatives on my CR but obviously a high usage. I was thinking of trying for a few of the 0% cards. Any ideas what might work? I am at my wits end and really want to get ahead. I hate having this debt - it is literally eating me alive

I have cc's now with citi, chase, bank of america and usbank. My interest rates are all at about 10%.

Thanks for your help!

Alliant - 0% BT for 12 months with no fee and as low as 9.24% afterwards for new cardholders.

First Tech has 0.99% BT for 6 months with no fee and as low as 7.25% afterwards.

Northwest CU is as low as 7.0% and no BT fee.

Lake Michigan CU is as low as 6.25% and no BT fee.

PenFed cards - 0% rate for 18 months (3% transfer fee to max. of $250)

PenFed Promise -- 4.99% APR promotional balance transfer rate for the life of the balance with no fee on transfers made between January 1, 2013 and March 31, 2013

You can also call your current cards to ask if they'll give you a lower rate.

rated:
I'd stay away from PenFed. They're an awesome CU, but tend to be picky about who they lend to.

rated:
Thanks - the key for me is the longest bt offer - fyi, first tech shows 3.99 not .99.

Argyll said:   allen074 said:   Hi - I could use some help. I currently have a lot of CC debt and the interest payments are the killer. I can make a bit over the minimums but the interest means barely getting ahead of the balances. I have no negatives on my CR but obviously a high usage. I was thinking of trying for a few of the 0% cards. Any ideas what might work? I am at my wits end and really want to get ahead. I hate having this debt - it is literally eating me alive

Thanks for your help!

*PenFed Defender Card - 4.99% APR promotional rate for the life of the balance on transfers made between January 1, 2013 and March 31, 2013. No BT fee.

Other PenFed cards - 0% rate for 18 months (3% transfer fee to max. of $250)

Alliant - 0% BT for 12 months with no fee and as low as 9.24% afterwards for new cardholders.

First Tech has 0.99% BT for 6 months with no fee and as low as 7.25% afterwards.

Northwest CU is as low as 7.0% and no BT fee.

Lake Michigan CU is as low as 6.25% and no BT fee.

You can also call your current cards to ask if they'll give you a lower rate.

rated:
First Tech FCU HQ in Oregon has 0.99% BT offer for 6 months:

https://www.firsttechfed.com/LoansandCredit/Credit%20Cards/promo...

rated:
debentureboy said:   I'd stay away from PenFed. They're an awesome CU, but tend to be picky about who they lend to.

Yes, I have six credit cards and good credit scores but PenFed wouldn't give me a card last time I applied.

rated:
Argyll said:   debentureboy said:   I'd stay away from PenFed. They're an awesome CU, but tend to be picky about who they lend to.

Yes, I have six credit cards and good credit scores but PenFed wouldn't give me a card last time I applied.
They denied me for AMEX and visa, and approved both on reconsideration for $5k each.

rated:
Great tool for finding BT offers:

http://www.nerdwallet.com/balance-transfer-credit-cards

It doesn't include credit unions, though.

rated:
Is it possible to get your equifax credit score for free?

rated:
newnorley said:   Is it possible to get your equifax credit score for free?

Yes.

rated:
Look on Equifax's web site, you may be able to sign up for one month, get your score, and cancel within a week and its free (might need to call to verify this) (& you can only do this once a year). Or, I get web advertising that offers a discount for $6.99 for the first month.

rated:
It is a great post.I think you should write more threads like this.

rated:
Argyll said:   Great tool for finding BT offers:

http://www.nerdwallet.com/balance-transfer-credit-cards

It doesn't include credit unions, though.
There's a checkbox is the more filter options that needs to be checked to include CU cards. Still doesn't seem to have everything (like Alliant's new card offer or Navy Federal's current no fee 0%)

rated:
There are only a couple of Balance Transfer cards worth having. To me one of the best is the Citi Simplicity Card that has a 0% APR for 18 months, even though there is a fee. Chase Slate also has a long term 0% APR with no fee. Discovercard is also another great 0% Balance transfer card. You can review these at CreditCardsReviews.org

rated:
Just got approved for the Alliant Platinum Rewards Card. I was planning on doing a balance transfer, but the offer is for 2.9% APR for 12 months, no fee. I will probably take advantage of the PenFed 18 month 3% fee offer instead. The Chase Slate 0% APR no fee offer is probably the best out there right now; too bad I'm past the 60 days after opening requirement.

Oh, and Alliant is asking me to send them 2 recent pay stubs, which I think it pretty unusual. Did anybody else have to do this?

rated:
Nope. Didn't have to send to paystubs.... but also was only approved for 2.9. Very misleading as a 0% APR offer

rated:
We had to send paystubs, waiting to find out if it will be 2.9 or 0%

rated:
gunnmjk said:   Just got approved for the Alliant Platinum Rewards Card. I was planning on doing a balance transfer, but the offer is for 2.9% APR for 12 months, no fee. I will probably take advantage of the PenFed 18 month 3% fee offer instead. The Chase Slate 0% APR no fee offer is probably the best out there right now; too bad I'm past the 60 days after opening requirement.

Oh, and Alliant is asking me to send them 2 recent pay stubs, which I think it pretty unusual. Did anybody else have to do this?

2.9% is much better than 3% up front, especially as you presumably will be paying down the balance over time. That's why 3% up front on the total might be more than 4,5, or 6% on an amount with no transfer fee.

Also, I assume they haven't actually approved you yet without the pay stubs. You could send them bank account info instead.

rated:
Argyll said:   gunnmjk said:   Just got approved for the Alliant Platinum Rewards Card. I was planning on doing a balance transfer, but the offer is for 2.9% APR for 12 months, no fee. I will probably take advantage of the PenFed 18 month 3% fee offer instead. The Chase Slate 0% APR no fee offer is probably the best out there right now; too bad I'm past the 60 days after opening requirement.

2.9% is much better than 3% up front, especially as you presumably will be paying down the balance over time. That's why 3% up front on the total might be more than 4,5, or 6% on an amount with no transfer fee.

Also, I assume they haven't actually approved you yet without the pay stubs. You could send them bank account info instead.

3% up front (for 18 months) can be better than 2.9% if you pay only the minimum and pay the balance just before the rate changes from 0% to non-zero percent. This is almost equivalent to 2% per year (as 18 month is 1 1/2 years) but on the entire amount - not what is outstanding after paying down.

With 2.9% (with no up front fee) it is more like a standard loan where you only pay interest for the amount that is still outstanding.

rated:
Texas Dow Employees Credit Union TDECU -

5.9% BT rate until paid in full, no fees

https://www.tdecu.org/ccbalancetransfer

rated:
my missus got the alliant credit card with 0% apr and 7,500 limit. Requested a larger limit and sent in pay stubs to justify it but they wouldn't give it us.

rated:
Going to apply for multiple credit cards at once, is the best way to get RoboForm since I will be completing about 4 or so cards at once?

Thanks

rated:
It will be faster for you to just fill out the applications than it will be to get roboform set it up and use it.
So I would recommend not getting roboform

rated:
Will Penfed allow you to have more than 1 card with them? Thanks

rated:
chocula said:   Will Penfed allow you to have more than 1 card with them? Thanks
Yes up to $50k total cl

rated:
sssikes said:   There are only a couple of Balance Transfer cards worth having. To me one of the best is the Citi Simplicity Card that has a 0% APR for 18 months, even though there is a fee. Chase Slate also has a long term 0% APR with no fee. Discovercard is also another great 0% Balance transfer card. You can review these at CreditCardsReviews.org

Does Discover offer no BT fee along with the 0% APR? I couldn't find it if they do. TIA!

rated:
I am trying to do a balance transfer with citi. Direct deposit is not an option. Then which way is a faster way to get the transfer posted on my citi account, Call to transfer to other credit card, or deposit the check online?

rated:
tomprc said:   I am trying to do a balance transfer with citi. Direct deposit is not an option. Then which way is a faster way to get the transfer posted on my citi account, Call to transfer to other credit card, or deposit the check online?

call to transfer. i've done it quick and easy.

rated:
awesome discussion.

rated:
purplefetus2 said:   sssikes said:   There are only a couple of Balance Transfer cards worth having. To me one of the best is the Citi Simplicity Card that has a 0% APR for 18 months, even though there is a fee. Chase Slate also has a long term 0% APR with no fee. Discovercard is also another great 0% Balance transfer card. You can review these at CreditCardsReviews.org

Does Discover offer no BT fee along with the 0% APR? I couldn't find it if they do. TIA!

It might be a targeted offer, but I have been recently offered 24 months at 4.99%, no BT fee with Discover. Since my balance will be going down over time, I may take them up on it.

rated:
thanks,this thread has saved me a lot.

rated:
The new "Discover IT" card has 0% intro APR for 18 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by June 10, 2013. 3% BTF https://www.discovercard.com/application/terms?srcCde=KN9L

rated:
So I have 6k in cc debt. I have a balance transfer offer from discover for the following:
4.99% apr 0 balance transfer fee
OR
0% apr 3% balance transfer fee.
Both are for 18 months.
I can pay off my c/c but I'd only have about 2k left in savings... What would be the best thing to do? I see Chase has the slate for 0apr 0balance fee but my c/c I have debt on is chase issued... you think Chase would let me balance transfer to another chase card?

rated:
tenchichrono said:   So I have 6k in cc debt. I have a balance transfer offer from discover for the following:
OR
Both are for 18 months.
I can pay off my c/c but I'd only have about 2k left in savings... What would be the best thing to do? I see Chase has the slate for 0apr 0balance fee but my c/c I have debt on is chase issued... you think Chase would let me balance transfer to another chase card?

Based on information provided, 2nd offer would be best for you.
The answer to the last question is NO

rated:
telflonmail said:   tenchichrono said:   So I have 6k in cc debt. I have a balance transfer offer from discover for the following:
OR
Both are for 18 months.

Ok Great! I'm going to do a BT to Discovercard for the 2nd offer. I guess I'll just hold onto the balance and save until 17 months later with the minimum payment for 17 months then pay it off.

rated:
tenchichrono said:   telflonmail said:   tenchichrono said:   So I have 6k in cc debt. I have a balance transfer offer from discover for the following:
OR
Both are for 18 months.

Ok Great! I'm going to do a BT to Discovercard for the 2nd offer. I guess I'll just hold onto the balance and save until 17 months later with the minimum payment for 17 months then pay it off.

You'll be paying 3% on the entire balance if you take the 0% offer, but 4.99% on lower amounts as you pay off the balance with the other offer.

rated:
Capital One 0% no fee

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1264939/

(not my find, just posting here for those subscribed)

rated:
I'm located in Alabama and I used some credit cards to transfer all my credit card debt onto cards with 0% interest. Then, I make sure to pay off the balance. It is a great strategy because the lack of interests helped me reach my credit card debt-free within a short period of time. I just applied for a 0% balance transfer credit cards and my debt shrink rapidly. I used Citi Simplicity MasterCard and Slate from Chase Visa Credit Card.

rated:
Hello Experts..

Can I use the CC Balance transfer to pay a portion of my Home Equity Line of Credit? (may be not a good time to do it, but I wanted to pay some off to be eligible for refinance)

Thanks folks!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 133 34 35363742
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014