• filter:
  • 127 28 29303139
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Good post.

rated:
HEW FCU is offering 0% balance transfers for 6 months (no fee). The promotion ends June 30, 2012.

LINK

Membership is restricted to those who live and work in the Washington DC area.

rated:
Applied and got a 5k credit line. Lower than most of my lines.

rated:
I just requested a BT to my new 0% Chase Slate card, to pay off a balance on a Bank of America mastercard. I did everything on-line at Chase's web site. The BT confirmation I got from Chase says to allow up to 3 weeks for the credit to show up on the card that's being paid off.

Does it really take close to 3 weeks for the BT, normally? Does anyone have a data point regarding the typical time for a Chase BT?

rated:
lefty331 said:   I just requested a BT to my new 0% Chase Slate card, to pay off a balance on a Bank of America mastercard. I did everything on-line at Chase's web site. The BT confirmation I got from Chase says to allow up to 3 weeks for the credit to show up on the card that's being paid off.

Does it really take close to 3 weeks for the BT, normally? Does anyone have a data point regarding the typical time for a Chase BT?

That is what I usually get as well. Better to get it put in your account and pay the card yourself.

rated:
Chase usually takes about a week to process the BT (did a BT in Nov/Dec)

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   jones2380 said:   I just got a 0% apr with no BT fee for 12 months from discover. I went to their web page and checked to see my offers, all of my offers had a BT fee. I called CS and asked about applying for the "more" card and let them know I was interested in a BT. Everything they offered me had a 3% BT fee, I told them I wasn't interested because of the BT fee. So, they put me on hold and when they came back they gave me the offer of 0% apr for 12 months on purchases and BT and NO BT fee!!! I did only receive a $4500 limit though....

I believe you're talking about Discover® More Card - $0 Balance Transfer Fee

The terms and conditions at the bottom of the page specify $0 BT Fee. Not bad:

Discover.com said: Transaction Fees

Balance Transfer

Intro fee of $0 for transfers that post to your account by 7/10/2012 with the 0% intro APR balance transfer offer described above.

thanks just got approved instantly

rated:
Hey, applied for and got 5K BT 0% 12 mos. with Chase (Freedom), on a site offering best BT cards. When I called to BT, Chase said I didn't qualify for BT! A supervisor said they'd research and send a letter. Well, the letter told me to send a copy of the 'mailing offer' I was referring to so they could research further. What a joke! Please aware.

rated:
kachina said:   Hey, applied for and got 5K BT 0% 12 mos. with Chase (Freedom), on a site offering best BT cards. When I called to BT, Chase said I didn't qualify for BT! A supervisor said they'd research and send a letter. Well, the letter told me to send a copy of the 'mailing offer' I was referring to so they could research further. What a joke! Please aware.What does the BT page show in your online Chase account?

rated:
Chase? No. Thank you. And I am being really really polite.

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   jones2380 said:   I just got a 0% apr with no BT fee for 12 months from discover. I went to their web page and checked to see my offers, all of my offers had a BT fee. I called CS and asked about applying for the "more" card and let them know I was interested in a BT. Everything they offered me had a 3% BT fee, I told them I wasn't interested because of the BT fee. So, they put me on hold and when they came back they gave me the offer of 0% apr for 12 months on purchases and BT and NO BT fee!!! I did only receive a $4500 limit though....

I believe you're talking about Discover® More Card - $0 Balance Transfer Fee

The terms and conditions at the bottom of the page specify $0 BT Fee. Not bad:

Discover.com said: Transaction Fees

Balance Transfer

Intro fee of $0 for transfers that post to your account by 7/10/2012 with the 0% intro APR balance transfer offer described above.

Thanks! I saw your link to that so I applied for it as well as some others here. I was a little worried since I had just applied for the L.L.Bean credit card (for my occasional purchases, plus the free monogramming, returns, and occasional Bean Bucks) a few days ago, but got approved instantly for $4,500 bucks to transfer a couple grand to pay off within this 0% APR period.

Appreciate the advice!

rated:
What is the minimum credit score to obtain a credit card?

rated:
lefty331 said:   I just requested a BT to my new 0% Chase Slate card, to pay off a balance on a Bank of America mastercard. I did everything on-line at Chase's web site. The BT confirmation I got from Chase says to allow up to 3 weeks for the credit to show up on the card that's being paid off.

Mine took three weeks. I think the delay is to give you a chance to cancel if it isn't what you wanted, especially if you might have gotten a low CL and reduced BT.

What I should have done was cancel the BT when the card showed up in my online profile and submitted it as a new request which would only take a few days to a week.

rated:
GourmetBean said:   What is the minimum credit score to obtain a credit card?

rated:
I am taking a Citibank offer that requires a BT before you get 0% on purchases. In my case it is a min. BT fee of 5 dollars or 3% and did a BT of 150 and went through but the fee never showed up after 2 weeks.

Anybody else see this "glitch"..or is the fee showing up at statement. Not a big deal.

rated:
I know this has been discussed before and I should do searches to find answers but I can't seem to get a coherent answer or an answer I can understand. I'd like to do a balance transfer to my checking account, preferably a no fee 0% balance transfer. Are there any cards I should look into? Thanks in advance.

rated:
maddybeagle said:   I am taking a Citibank offer that requires a BT before you get 0% on purchases. In my case it is a min. BT fee of 5 dollars or 3% and did a BT of 150 and went through but the fee never showed up after 2 weeks.

Anybody else see this "glitch"..or is the fee showing up at statement. Not a big deal.
Most likely it'll show up when your statement generates

sjack827 said:   I know this has been discussed before and I should do searches to find answers but I can't seem to get a coherent answer or an answer I can understand. I'd like to do a balance transfer to my checking account, preferably a no fee 0% balance transfer. Are there any cards I should look into? Thanks in advance.Citi lets you request a BT check under your name right from your online account

I think BOA also allows it but someone else will have to confirm

rated:
I have read reports of BOA being able to BT directly to checking by phone.

Also several will allow for BT checks that you can deposit directly into checking. Have done several of those with chase, BOA, and recently PNC, so I would not get hung up having the money electronically deposited.

rated:
Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

rated:
turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

Would it be possible to use such a thing to transfer approx $10k into my USAA checking account via my debit card#?

(and then transfer the money from checking account to pay off an auto loan)

rated:
I read all of you and found that everyone has given an unique tips here. It is awesome to be with you guys. Thanks to all.

rated:
turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

Gave it a shot. We'll see.

rated:
VentureScout said:   turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

I already have a Chase Slate card, but my 0% APR offer comes with a 2% transfer fee. Anyone able to successfully apply and receive a 2nd Slate card?

rated:
umafuaba said:   VentureScout said:   turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

I already have a Chase Slate card, but my 0% APR offer comes with a 2% transfer fee. Anyone able to successfully apply and receive a 2nd Slate card?

Can't help you with that, but why don't you call them with the offer information and just ask if they'll let you get it with no fee? Not 100% sure, but I think people have gotten similar deals recently.

rated:
VentureScout said:   turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

Applied yesterday and was deferred. Called in today to 888-245-0625 to talk to a representative. He said it was declined due to too many recent apps. (I've gotten several new cards rently including 2 Chase cards). I told him I'd be willing to shift some of my credit from 2 other Chase lines. He said no problem and I got approved for 12.4k. Free balance transfer money!

rated:

Thanks, I just got in on this offer. I plan on sending multiple BT requests to other cards I have with low or $0 balances and getting the checks sent to me for deposit into high yield (ok it's only 1% but still) savings. Since it's all BTs within 30 days of account opening I should be able to do it multiple times with smaller amounts to avoid overpayment amounts getting locked.

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

Thanks, I just got in on this offer. I plan on sending multiple BT requests to other cards I have with low or $0 balances and getting the checks sent to me for deposit into high yield (ok it's only 1% but still) savings. Since it's all BTs within 30 days of account opening I should be able to do it multiple times with smaller amounts to avoid overpayment amounts getting locked.

What's a reasonable $$ amount to stay under to avoid getting flagged?

rated:
My wife and I both received a snail mail Capital One Venture card application. The signup bonus seemed meager (10,000 miles with $1,000 spend) but the 0% BT caught my eye - 0% BT, no fee until 02/2013. Both have different reservation numbers. Offer expires 3/16/2012.

rated:
Which of Citi or BoA would be the best for quickly sending me a check for a credit balance?

rated:
whoDean said:   Which of Citi or BoA would be the best for quickly sending me a check for a credit balance?

It's really easy with Citi. You can request the credit balance refund online. They have usually mailed mine within 2-4 business days.

-mike

rated:
mikeg1 said:   whoDean said:   Which of Citi or BoA would be the best for quickly sending me a check for a credit balance?

It's really easy with Citi. You can request the credit balance refund online. They have usually mailed mine within 2-4 business days.

-mike
But something seems to be going on these days. I made a BT to my ATT Wireless Business Rewards Visa & just got a letter saying that we are verifying your recent payments. I am still waiting for my check. It was a BT offer from Chase Ink Visa. When was your recent experience with the refund?

rated:
ucfzf10 said:   But something seems to be going on these days. I made a BT to my ATT Wireless Business Rewards Visa & just got a letter saying that we are verifying your recent payments. I am still waiting for my check. It was a BT offer from Chase Ink Visa. When was your recent experience with the refund?

I had the same experience recently with Citi. It went like this:

1. Received an incoming BT on day 1. BT was sent directly to Citi by other card company (not sure which method).
2. Sent the balance refund request to Citi via an online form on day 2.
3. Didn't hear anything.
4. Sent a customer service message on day 3 asking about the status.
5. Received a reply on day 3 indicating that the funds were still being verified.
6. Check was mailed on day 4, I think? It was really quick, given how long I expected the "verification" to take.

I have no idea if this verification is new, or if we should worry about it. It's interesting that you encountered it, too. Do you think it happens if Citi receives the BT as a paper check?

-mike

rated:
mikeg1 said:   ucfzf10 said:   But something seems to be going on these days. I made a BT to my ATT Wireless Business Rewards Visa & just got a letter saying that we are verifying your recent payments. I am still waiting for my check. It was a BT offer from Chase Ink Visa. When was your recent experience with the refund?

I had the same experience recently with Citi. It went like this:

1. Received an incoming BT on day 1. BT was sent directly to Citi by other card company (not sure which method).
2. Sent the balance refund request to Citi via an online form on day 2.
3. Didn't hear anything.
4. Sent a customer service message on day 3 asking about the status.
5. Received a reply on day 3 indicating that the funds were still being verified.
6. Check was mailed on day 4, I think? It was really quick, given how long I expected the "verification" to take.

I have no idea if this verification is new, or if we should worry about it. It's interesting that you encountered it, too. Do you think it happens if Citi receives the BT as a paper check?

-mike
I just checked my account and the refund check has been sent. This was after my 2nd refund request online. So this seems to work fine.

rated:
ucfzf10 said:   mikeg1 said:   whoDean said:   Which of Citi or BoA would be the best for quickly sending me a check for a credit balance?

-mike
But something seems to be going on these days. I made a BT to my ATT Wireless Business Rewards Visa & just got a letter saying that we are verifying your recent payments. I am still waiting for my check. It was a BT offer from Chase Ink Visa. When was your recent experience with the refund?

Is it easy to be approved for a Citi Business card with a new start up?

rated:
FootInMouth said:   GourmetBean said:   What is the minimum credit score to obtain a credit card?

Great way to welcome new members to FW.

rated:
Do most/all/some these offers allow:

1) Check writing option on the BT?

or

2) Straight BT from other cards only?

rated:
scubasteve said:   CowbellMaster said:   turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

What's a reasonable $$ amount to stay under to avoid getting flagged?

That's a good question. I've never been nailed but have read about others that abused 0% promos that have been, and they're usually well into the five-digit range and sending funds to a card with a $0 balance. I have a couple cards and when I do a BT I try to charge a few things so I have a small balance ($50 or so). I regularly do transfers of 8k without any hassle.

rated:

Rec'd my Chase Slate card with 15K credit limit. Confirmed 15 months 0% APR for purchases and 0% BT w/$0 fee if done within first 30 days. Note: BT limited to 80% of credit limit.

**edit** Was told BT limited to 80% of CL but it allowed a BT of 91% to go thru, so YMMV.

rated:
turtlebug said:   turtlebug said:   Chase Slate is now offering 15 months 0% BT with no BT fee if BT done within 30 days of account opening: Link

Rec'd my Chase Slate card with 15K credit limit. Confirmed 15 months 0% APR for purchases and 0% BT w/$0 fee if done within first 30 days. Note: BT limited to 80% of credit limit.

Can you get checks to do a BT? Or do you need a CC# to give them?

rated:
Balance transfer credit card offers are designed to help people consolidate their credit card debt onto one card, thus saving money on interest charges. Some of the credit card offers below even feature a low introductory 0% APR interest rate on credit card balance transfers.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014