• filter:
  • 129 30 31323339
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
How long did it take you guys to get the money BT'd from Chase? I'm at a week out and still waiting...

rated:
fattywallace said:   DollaStrecher said:   After a long time, Citi is offering 15 months BT for 0% with no transfer fee for existing customer. I did receive a similar 18 months offer for a new card from Citi as well.

Link?


I got an email about a transfer offer. clicked the links, logged in. I have two cards (Forward + Dividend) linked to that email address. I have 6 BT offers (note - when I'm at my account home screen, there's a link on the bottom left that says "0% promo on Balance Transfers: click here to learn more" when I click that link, I'm sent to the same offer screen as when I link through the email).
All 6 of my BT offers have either a 3% or a 4% BT fee. They're all 0% interest for 12 months.

rated:
Targeted US@A Am3x 0% APR, 0% BT fee (waived until 5/14/2012) until 4/1/2013.

rated:
dougneb said:   

That's disappointing. I think I once got them to do an ACH. Have you tried to call and ask them also? I think a few people have BTed to a Citi or BOA account to put it in a negative balance and requested a refund check. Let us know how it goes.


Called them, they refused to send BT checks, but the CSR said he could do the transfer to a bank or loan account if I wanted, I gave him my account info, payment address, and he submitted it for me - said it could take anywhere from 14-21 days (processing+security review), since it's a papercheck they have to send out (not a CC to CC transfer), but the 0%/no fees promotion was still in effect. Fingers crossed, since if doesn't work, I'm out of the 30 day window to get this done via another method (Citi, etc). So FYI, another option for anyone interested.

rated:
fartfile said:   dougneb said:   

That's disappointing. I think I once got them to do an ACH. Have you tried to call and ask them also? I think a few people have BTed to a Citi or BOA account to put it in a negative balance and requested a refund check. Let us know how it goes.


Called them, they refused to send BT checks, but the CSR said he could do the transfer to a bank or loan account if I wanted, I gave him my account info, payment address, and he submitted it for me - said it could take anywhere from 14-21 days (processing+security review), since it's a papercheck they have to send out (not a CC to CC transfer), but the 0%/no fees promotion was still in effect. Fingers crossed, since if doesn't work, I'm out of the 30 day window to get this done via another method (Citi, etc). So FYI, another option for anyone interested.


Thanks fartfile. I'm going to try the Citi BT to put the card in negative balance and request a refund check from them. Haven't heard any negatives to doing it this way yet.

rated:
dougneb said:   fartfile said:   dougneb said:   

That's disappointing. I think I once got them to do an ACH. Have you tried to call and ask them also? I think a few people have BTed to a Citi or BOA account to put it in a negative balance and requested a refund check. Let us know how it goes.


Called them, they refused to send BT checks, but the CSR said he could do the transfer to a bank or loan account if I wanted, I gave him my account info, payment address, and he submitted it for me - said it could take anywhere from 14-21 days (processing+security review), since it's a papercheck they have to send out (not a CC to CC transfer), but the 0%/no fees promotion was still in effect. Fingers crossed, since if doesn't work, I'm out of the 30 day window to get this done via another method (Citi, etc). So FYI, another option for anyone interested.


Thanks fartfile. I'm going to try the Citi BT to put the card in negative balance and request a refund check from them. Haven't heard any negatives to doing it this way yet.


Was going to try that at first, but wasn't sure how well a 15k refund check would go over with Citi....

rated:
Is it customary to get a blank check for the BT with all of these institutions? i'd like to pay down some student debt w/ a BT offer I recently received from Alliant w/ a 0% trans fee.

Pardon my ignorance on the subj (having myself never down an AOR or anything like it) but it would seem a blank check is required to do this rather than a creditor electronic transfer which seems more limited. More so, if the financial institution knew I was using the BT to pay down any kind of debt other than another credit card or retailer, that would be a red flag and potentially lead to disapproval of app yes?

Thanks for your help.

rated:
hakujin said:   Is it customary to get a blank check for the BT with all of these institutions? i'd like to pay down some student debt w/ a BT offer I recently received from Alliant w/ a 0% trans fee.

Pardon my ignorance on the subj (having myself never down an AOR or anything like it) but it would seem a blank check is required to do this rather than a creditor electronic transfer which seems more limited. More so, if the financial institution knew I was using the BT to pay down any kind of debt other than another credit card or retailer, that would be a red flag and potentially lead to disapproval of app yes?

Thanks for your help.



You won't always get a blank check - I got one for my Discover 0%, but not for Chase. They are "supposed" to be used for CCs, but I've never seen any kind of rule saying as such.
When I asked the Chase CSR for checks he said they couldn't provide them, asked me why I needed them, and actually said if it's for a car loan or something he could still help me - so it all worked out (unfortunately it's a papercheck + review process). I'm not sure if you would get an app disapproval or a red flag since, especially since you've already been approved.

Other option is to BT to another card (Citi) and request the refund so you now have cash in hand to do with whatever you want - but I'm not sure what the $ threshold is and am reluctant to find out (the hard way).

rated:
Very useful & interesting information for every users. Thanks for sharing.

rated:
Thx farfile! Thy told me it would be a check but the csr was very unconvincing on tht.

The 2nd idea would have never occured to me so; pretty sweet idea, at least up to my citi cc limit which is only 35k. Now, I am really curious wht the max is tht citi would refund... Anyone else throw a bone? thats a difficult one to search.

rated:
Regarding the Citi Bank Biz card,
Has anyone opened Citi Bank Biz card recently? I noticed in several recent AOR threads no one was applying for this card, even though a few were applying for the personal card....figured there was a reason.

rated:
I’ve looked at hundreds of cards online, scoured the “Terms & Conditions” fine print, and the listed ones below are the best that I’ve found with the longest 0% APR periods and the lowest fees. It’s been really hard to avoid all fees these days, but they can still be found occasionally, and even with a small fee the overall APR can still be very low with a nice long balance transfer term.
1) New Slate® from Chase – No Balance Transfer
2) Citi Simplicity Card
3) Discover More Card
4) Capital One Platinum Prestige Credit Card
5) Citi Diamond Preferred Card
6) Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card – $100 Cash Back

rated:
SebastianBermudes said:   I’ve looked at hundreds of cards online, scoured the “Terms & Conditions” fine print, and the listed ones below are the best that I’ve found with the longest 0% APR periods and the lowest fees. It’s been really hard to avoid all fees these days, but they can still be found occasionally, and even with a small fee the overall APR can still be very low with a nice long balance transfer term.
1) New Slate® from Chase – No Balance Transfer
2) Citi Simplicity Card
3) Discover More Card
4) Capital One Platinum Prestige Credit Card
5) Citi Diamond Preferred Card
6) Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card – $100 Cash Back

Quite a coincidence!

rated:
This thread is very long and I'm sure that this question has come up many times but I haven't seen it anywhere. Basically, I want to know if there is anyway I can convert a charge purchase into cash. I have a couple of cards with %0 on purchases along with balance transfers (with a fee). I don't want to pay the fee. Plus I want to make purchases on my reward cards that will pay me around %5 of purchase. Has anyone discussed any strategies for charging things on the card and them cashing them in? TIA.

rated:
very helpful thread

rated:
Thanks for posting. I have learned a lot from this.

rated:
thanks for sharing everyone!

rated:
sjack827 said:   This thread is very long and I'm sure that this question has come up many times but I haven't seen it anywhere. Basically, I want to know if there is anyway I can convert a charge purchase into cash. I have a couple of cards with %0 on purchases along with balance transfers (with a fee). I don't want to pay the fee. Plus I want to make purchases on my reward cards that will pay me around %5 of purchase. Has anyone discussed any strategies for charging things on the card and them cashing them in? TIA.

Gift cards?

rated:
I've read different things about chase allowing reallocation of credit lines from other CCs. What is the most recent situation? TIA

rated:
SegaRob said:   I've read different things about chase allowing reallocation of credit lines from other CCs. What is the most recent situation? TIA


I was able to move full lines from other Chase cards over to the AARP card about 6-months ago. The only stipulation I recall is that the card you plan to close out has to be inactive for X time (X = maybe 90 days?).

rated:
depreshun said:   SegaRob said:   I've read different things about chase allowing reallocation of credit lines from other CCs. What is the most recent situation? TIA


I was able to move full lines from other Chase cards over to the AARP card about 6-months ago. The only stipulation I recall is that the card you plan to close out has to be inactive for X time (X = maybe 90 days?).
can I transfer lines without closing old accounts? What will they do if there is activity?

rated:
SegaRob said:   depreshun said:   SegaRob said:   I've read different things about chase allowing reallocation of credit lines from other CCs. What is the most recent situation? TIA


I was able to move full lines from other Chase cards over to the AARP card about 6-months ago. The only stipulation I recall is that the card you plan to close out has to be inactive for X time (X = maybe 90 days?).
can I transfer lines without closing old accounts? What will they do if there is activity?



I dunno. Give em a call and ask!

rated:
SegaRob said:   depreshun said:   SegaRob said:   I've read different things about chase allowing reallocation of credit lines from other CCs. What is the most recent situation? TIA


I was able to move full lines from other Chase cards over to the AARP card about 6-months ago. The only stipulation I recall is that the card you plan to close out has to be inactive for X time (X = maybe 90 days?).
can I transfer lines without closing old accounts? What will they do if there is activity?


I was able to move $7K in credit from my Chase Freedom to my Sapphire card via a single Secure Message on Chase's website; was completed in less than a day. Both cards remain open (I plan to close the Freedom soon, however.)

rated:
when i closed my rapid rewards chase allowed me to reallocate that to my sapphire w/o the slightest issue.

rated:
Just wanted to let you guys know that Pricelines T&C's state that it's 0% for 15 months now.

rated:
MADWAD said:   Just wanted to let you guys know that Pricelines T&C's state that it's 0% for 15 months now.
not bad, effectively ~2.4%

rated:
solarUS said:   MADWAD said:   Just wanted to let you guys know that Pricelines T&C's state that it's 0% for 15 months now.
not bad, effectively ~2.4%


Not to mention that with the T&C I had in front of me, you can get up to $50 credit for a $5000 transfer.

rated:
Got new BT offer on Citi ThankYou Premier. 0% on BT & New Purchases through August 2013. Minimum fee $5 or 3%. I did similar one on Citi Forward last year which was nice - BTed for min amount & used the 0% purchase APR for rest.

rated:
Now that the Discover More $0 BT fee offer has expired, just rec'd a mailing from them offering a 0% APR 12mo BT with a 2% BT fee. YMMV.

rated:
Anyone tried the USAA Military Affiliate Mastercard?

I recently applied for the USAA Military Affiliate Mastercard, and am hoping to pay down higher interest student loan debt at a lower balance transfer fee (I have enough to pay it off this year).

The terms on the website are 0% for balance transfers and cash advances for 12 months, so long as the balance transfers/convenience checks are made within the first 3 months of opening.

The fees for the bank transfers and cash advances are as follows:

Balance Transfer 3% of the amount of each transfer (maximum fee per transfer: $200).

Cash Advance 3% of the amount of each cash advance (maximum fee for a convenience check: $200). Fee waived when transferring funds electronically to a USAA deposit account.

It looks like you can get a fee-free 12 month balance transfer/cash advance if you agree to have the funds deposited to your USAA account. Can anyone confirm that this is the case, and that you can ACH the funds out after they are deposited?

3% would still help in my case, but it would be even better if this is actually a 0% fee 0% APR offer!

rated:
robodukie said:   Anyone tried the USAA Military Affiliate Mastercard?

I recently applied for the USAA Military Affiliate Mastercard, and am hoping to pay down higher interest student loan debt at a lower balance transfer fee (I have enough to pay it off this year).

The terms on the website are 0% for balance transfers and cash advances for 12 months, so long as the balance transfers/convenience checks are made within the first 3 months of opening.

The fees for the bank transfers and cash advances are as follows:

Balance Transfer 3% of the amount of each transfer (maximum fee per transfer: $200).

Cash Advance 3% of the amount of each cash advance (maximum fee for a convenience check: $200). Fee waived when transferring funds electronically to a USAA deposit account.

It looks like you can get a fee-free 12 month balance transfer/cash advance if you agree to have the funds deposited to your USAA account. Can anyone confirm that this is the case, and that you can ACH the funds out after they are deposited?

3% would still help in my case, but it would be even better if this is actually a 0% fee 0% APR offer!


This USAA Mastercard has semi-regular 0%interest/0%BT fee offers (for existing cardholders too).

rated:
psm321 said:   I got a "pre-approved" 0% 12 months 0 fee offer from Alliant in the mail yesterday. (I'm an Alliant member but don't currently have a CC with them)
Update: called them, got approved, confirmed 0 fee 0% 12 months and did transfer

Got my first statement from Alliant on their 0% CC.

Minimum payment is 3% of the balance !

rated:
MrFresh said:   psm321 said:   I got a "pre-approved" 0% 12 months 0 fee offer from Alliant in the mail yesterday. (I'm an Alliant member but don't currently have a CC with them)
Update: called them, got approved, confirmed 0 fee 0% 12 months and did transfer

Got my first statement from Alliant on their 0% CC.

Minimum payment is 3% of the balance !


Just got my statement and yep, looks like 3% of the balance. Should have looked over the terms of the offer more carefully before I used it to payoff the rest of my student loans.
Is 3% minimum payment common with credit union cc's? TIA

rated:
Do you have to be a member of Alliant to get their cc?

rated:
pandahouse said:   
Just got my statement and yep, looks like 3% of the balance. Should have looked over the terms of the offer more carefully before I used it to payoff the rest of my student loans.
Is 3% minimum payment common with credit union cc's? TIA


Just to be sure, you mean minimum payment is 3% after the 12mos of 0% and no payments, right?

rated:
robodukie said:   Anyone tried the USAA Military Affiliate Mastercard?

I recently applied for the USAA Military Affiliate Mastercard, and am hoping to pay down higher interest student loan debt at a lower balance transfer fee (I have enough to pay it off this year).

The terms on the website are 0% for balance transfers and cash advances for 12 months, so long as the balance transfers/convenience checks are made within the first 3 months of opening.

The fees for the bank transfers and cash advances are as follows:

Balance Transfer 3% of the amount of each transfer (maximum fee per transfer: $200).

Cash Advance 3% of the amount of each cash advance (maximum fee for a convenience check: $200). Fee waived when transferring funds electronically to a USAA deposit account.

It looks like you can get a fee-free 12 month balance transfer/cash advance if you agree to have the funds deposited to your USAA account. Can anyone confirm that this is the case, and that you can ACH the funds out after they are deposited?

3% would still help in my case, but it would be even better if this is actually a 0% fee 0% APR offer!


They treat the cash advance different from a balance transfer/convenience check, so you do not get the 12 months at 0% for a cash advance.

rated:
KingMongo said:   pandahouse said:   
Just got my statement and yep, looks like 3% of the balance. Should have looked over the terms of the offer more carefully before I used it to payoff the rest of my student loans.
Is 3% minimum payment common with credit union cc's? TIA


Just to be sure, you mean minimum payment is 3% after the 12mos of 0% and no payments, right?


The offer I see on their website doesn't say anything about there being no payments at all for the first 12 months, that would make it very unusual. Have you misread something, or do you have a different offer?

rated:
My bad, combination of a misread + being tired + being confused by the % minimum payment, which I've never seen before.

rated:
Hello everybody! am new to this forum site...happy for that. also your discussion is really useful and interesting for me.Thank you!

rated:
bbgarcia said:   robodukie said:   Anyone tried the USAA Military Affiliate Mastercard?

I recently applied for the USAA Military Affiliate Mastercard, and am hoping to pay down higher interest student loan debt at a lower balance transfer fee (I have enough to pay it off this year).

The terms on the website are 0% for balance transfers and cash advances for 12 months, so long as the balance transfers/convenience checks are made within the first 3 months of opening.

The fees for the bank transfers and cash advances are as follows:

Balance Transfer 3% of the amount of each transfer (maximum fee per transfer: $200).

Cash Advance 3% of the amount of each cash advance (maximum fee for a convenience check: $200). Fee waived when transferring funds electronically to a USAA deposit account.

It looks like you can get a fee-free 12 month balance transfer/cash advance if you agree to have the funds deposited to your USAA account. Can anyone confirm that this is the case, and that you can ACH the funds out after they are deposited?

3% would still help in my case, but it would be even better if this is actually a 0% fee 0% APR offer!


They treat the cash advance different from a balance transfer/convenience check, so you do not get the 12 months at 0% for a cash advance.


Thanks- they put the info. on convenience checks next to the heading cash advance, which is what confused me. Now I won't have a 17% interest rate because of your knowledge . Much appreciated!

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014