• filter:
  • 132 33 34353641
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
JuNooNi said:   Any recent experiences with credit refund from Citi, AMEX, BOA? I have a very tempting offer on AARP (0% for 1 year with 1% fees,over $30K credit line) but they can only transfer $5k into my checking account, rest has to go the credit cards. I am thinking of either using Citi (with a limit of $12K) or BOA (actually old Charles Schwab card with a limit of $15K) to use as intermediary for BT. I also have PenFed (both AMEX and Visa) with 0% transfer fees but the limit is only $5k on each card.
Shamelessly bumping for any recent experiences!!!!

rated:
moxfyre said:   Member Summary said:   Capital One continues to send out no-fee purchase checks to prime customers, so might be worth 3 inquiries for some (e.g. as a balance transfer target)
I have two C1 accounts, and receive their no-fee/purchase APR BT checks all the time, effectively offering me a free loan for one statement cycle, as well as their 2% fee/0% APR/12 months BT checks.

However, I just received a new and more exciting offer that wasn't available to me before: 0% APR/zero fee/12 months. While logged onto my accounts online, I saw this under the BT offers: Screenshot

I almost wonder if the first offer on this list is made in error; why would anyone take the version with a 2% fee when they can get the same terms without the fee? I immediately maxed out my full $5,000 credit limit with this new offer in the form of a "no hassle check". When the check arrives, I'll put it into a municipal bond mutual fund currently earning ~3% tax-free.

Has anyone else received this offer recently, whether online or in the form of purchase checks?

I just received this same C1 BT offer in the mail in the past few days, 0% APR for 12 months and no transaction fees. Offer good until Dec 2nd, 2012. I currently have no balance on my C1 credit card. I can write a BT check to myself up to my $16,000 credit limit and/or, if I choose, use the BT checks to pay off other credit card balances. Good deal.

rated:
Here the link Chase, click "shop Now" and choose the Slate
After you sign up, you can call 800-436-7927 for an automated application status check.
If you are denied or given a 7-10 day wait you can call one of the numbers below and speak with a representative.
Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst Recons)

rezzor said:   the link somehow changes when you clink on it:

type this in without the spaces after //

https:// creditcards.Chase.com/credit-cards/slate.aspx

rated:
I enjoy reading this post. Very helpful to me and to others too.

rated:
which municipal bond gives 3% ?

rated:
how easy is it to to BT money to yourself with chase slate and discover more cards? i have a 0%/$0 BT offer from discover and chase slate and im thinking about using them both.

rated:
rlchavda there are many http://www.municipalbonds.com/bonds/issue/365468EL7 use a search tool

rated:
nattera said:   Here the link Chase, click "shop Now" and choose the Slate
After you sign up, you can call 800-436-7927 for an automated application status check.
If you are denied or given a 7-10 day wait you can call one of the numbers below and speak with a representative.

Can I do a 0% 0 fees cash advance check with the Slate also? Or is it just balance transfer/purchases?

rated:
nattera said:   Here the link Chase, click "shop Now" and choose the Slate

Does anyone know if Chase will allow 2 open Slate cards for a person?

rated:
I filled out the online form and was instantly approved. Called the #...11.99% w/ $400 CL. I'm going to call and ask for a CL increase.

rated:
whoDean said:   Does anyone know if Chase will allow 2 open Slate cards for a person?I ended up asking them first over the phone and then via the message center. The call center rep said there was no restriction, but she sounded unsure and didn't really seem to have a clue. The secure message center folks said pretty clearly that Chase policy now only allows one card of each "brand".

rated:
psm321 said:   whoDean said:   Does anyone know if Chase will allow 2 open Slate cards for a person?I ended up asking them first over the phone and then via the message center. The call center rep said there was no restriction, but she sounded unsure and didn't really seem to have a clue. The secure message center folks said pretty clearly that Chase policy now only allows one card of each "brand".

Ha! Didn't stop them from switching my grandfathered Cash Plus card to another Freedom card two months ago.

rated:
If some of these banks catch on ( I'm not wiling to be that they will) it looks like some people could join the Staples customers getting the RICO letters.

rated:
nsdp said:   If some of these banks catch on ( I'm not wiling to be that they will) it looks like some people could join the Staples customers getting the RICO letters.

What's the background story about the Staples thing? They're really getting RICO letters?

rated:
psm321 said:   whoDean said:   Does anyone know if Chase will allow 2 open Slate cards for a person?I ended up asking them first over the phone and then via the message center. The call center rep said there was no restriction, but she sounded unsure and didn't really seem to have a clue. The secure message center folks said pretty clearly that Chase policy now only allows one card of each "brand".

I had 1 Slate card, and just opened another last week to take advantage of the new offer. Moving my CL from the old card to the new 0% apr card was about as simple as it gets.

rated:
Did you apply over the phone?

rated:
fattywallace said:   Did you apply over the phone?

Applied on line, and chose the 'already a Chase customer' section. I was approved instantly, I logged into my Chase account and the the new account was right there listed under my current account, including the credit line.

rated:
Thanks for data points.

rated:
skotty4 said:   psm321 said:   whoDean said:   Does anyone know if Chase will allow 2 open Slate cards for a person?I ended up asking them first over the phone and then via the message center. The call center rep said there was no restriction, but she sounded unsure and didn't really seem to have a clue. The secure message center folks said pretty clearly that Chase policy now only allows one card of each "brand".

I had 1 Slate card, and just opened another last week to take advantage of the new offer. Moving my CL from the old card to the new 0% apr card was about as simple as it gets.

Well, I tried. They would not open another card of the same flavor. Was told it's Chase policy, go figure?

rated:
NFCU 0% 12 months, no fee http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1248588/ (not my find, just posting it here for those subscribed)

rated:
Ahhhh, the magic of the Fiscal Cliff resolution already working!

rated:
PenFed 18 months 0%, 3% fee but capped at $250 https://www.penfed.org/credit-card-overview/ (only some of the cards, read the details)

rated:
Banks seem to be awfully slow processing BTs these days.
Alliant CU takes 2 weeks apparently.
Does anyone know how long penfed, chase, and navy federal take?

rated:
SegaRob said:   Banks seem to be awfully slow processing BTs these days.

Chase 4-5 days for me
NFCU about 6-7 days for me
no experience with PenFed BT's

rated:
Nfcu transfer to chase initiated on a Friday. Hit chase acct on wed.

rated:
has anyone tried daisy chaining BTs? for example, get BT check from bank A to get cash out, then BT that balance over bank B, then repeat BT check from bank A to get more cash out. do banks block people for recycling BTs like that?

also i'd like to wait for the BT check from bank A to arrive before BT'ing over to bank B just to make sure the cash is accounted for, but im worried that it takes so long that the 0% fee offer might expire before i can finish cycling the BTs. does anyone have experience with this?

rated:
BradisBrad said:   SegaRob said:   Banks seem to be awfully slow processing BTs these days.

Chase 4-5 days for me
NFCU about 6-7 days for me
no experience with PenFed BT's

Penfed has a few common banks setup electronically. I had a BOA balance transfer and it was done in 2-3 days. My Penfed online banking had all of BOA's BT info already populated.

rated:
SegaRob said:   has anyone tried daisy chaining BTs? for example, get BT check from bank A to get cash out, then BT that balance over bank B, then repeat BT check from bank A to get more cash out. do banks block people for recycling BTs like that?

Done from CC A to pay CC B and CC C to pay A.

rated:
SegaRob said:   has anyone tried daisy chaining BTs? for example, get BT check from bank A to get cash out, then BT that balance over bank B, then repeat BT check from bank A to get more cash out. do banks block people for recycling BTs like that?

also i'd like to wait for the BT check from bank A to arrive before BT'ing over to bank B just to make sure the cash is accounted for, but im worried that it takes so long that the 0% fee offer might expire before i can finish cycling the BTs. does anyone have experience with this?

what are the advantages of doing this?

rated:
TrueValue said:   SegaRob said:   has anyone tried daisy chaining BTs? for example, get BT check from bank A to get cash out, then BT that balance over bank B, then repeat BT check from bank A to get more cash out. do banks block people for recycling BTs like that?

what are the advantages of doing this?
when bank A allows writing check to self and bank B requires actual CC BT,

rated:

Ring (97.27kB)
Disclaimer
Just received an offer for 1% CashBack on balance transfers (and no fee) from Barclays Ring.

rated:
FootInMouth said:   Just received an offer for 1% CashBack on balance transfers (and no fee) from Barclays Ring.

link?

rated:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Application.action

Not sure why the app page doesn't show the 1% cb even though the email shows the cb and the URL lands there (redirected from email). Call CSR and tell them you received the offer via email but it's not showing up on the app page.

rated:
Alliant Credit Union Visa card - 0% balance transfer fee, 0% intro APR - www.alliantcreditunion.org

rated:
Alliant not always 0%bt 0%APR. I was approved, received a card, and was told I was "eligible" for 2.99% APR on BT with no BT Fee.

rated:
you need a minimum of ??? eq score to qualify for 0/0. don't remember but it either above 750 or 770

rated:
lorymills1 said:   Alliant not always 0%bt 0%APR. I was approved, received a card, and was told I was "eligible" for 2.99% APR on BT with no BT Fee.At least you'll get your credit score out of it.

rated:
They don't give you a real credit score, they use a fako surprisingly enough. (Equifax Vantage)

rated:
Stupid question but:

I don't qualify to become an Alliant member - is it possible to still get the 0%/$0 credit card?

rated:
newnorley said:   Stupid question but:

I don't qualify to become an Alliant member - is it possible to still get the 0%/$0 credit card?
Why do you think you don't qualify? Alliant is one of the "easy membership" CUs... just join your local PTA or give $10 to FC2S http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/membership/eligibility/ofa/

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.