• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If anyone doesn't already have a ShareBuilder account, and has an Executive Costco membership, there is a promo running which gives $90 account bonus and 25% transaction charge rebate (other membership types get $70 account bonus and 10% transaction charge rebate).

Costco coupon book says 3/16/09-4/5/09 but ShareBuilder website doesn't have a start date, and says offer expires 4/30/09.

Linky

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just a quick question as I just recently signed up for this bonus & made my first trade so that I qualify. Do they just... (more)

mt2va (Apr. 17, 2009 @ 8:03p) |

It's time to close this account but I'm having some trouble with it. I have to sell a small portion of CVX and it has be... (more)

Yoksel (May. 13, 2009 @ 11:54a) |

Yes. I've already withdrawn the bonus.

moonlighter (May. 14, 2009 @ 2:40p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thks for the heads up

It also works even if you already have a Sharebuilders account. I opened up a Sharebuilders account a couple years ago to get the promotion. I got the flyer in the mail from Costco recently and opened up another account. Got the $90 in less than a month.

do you have to buy anything?
Offer ends 04/30/09 and you must complete your first stock purchase by 05/31/09.

Also, is there a hard pull when openning the ShareBuilder account?

alik99 said: ... is there a hard pull when openning the ShareBuilder account?

No.

I did this in January, got the $90 in about 30 days.

alik99 said: do you have to buy anything?
Offer ends 04/30/09 and you must complete your first stock purchase by 05/31/09.

Curious about this too..

william4930 said: It also works even if you already have a Sharebuilders account. I opened up a Sharebuilders account a couple years ago to get the promotion. I got the flyer in the mail from Costco recently and opened up another account. Got the $90 in less than a month.

Did this and bought some shares as well. However have not seen $90 so far. Almost 3 weeks have lapsed...

rollnpc said: alik99 said: ... is there a hard pull when openning the ShareBuilder account?

No.

I did this in January, got the $90 in about 30 days.

thanks
did you buy any shares?

Can it be just an ING savings acct?

Can it be just an ING savings acct?

do you need to have a costco membership? is this verified or can you just sign-up using the promo code?

For those asking about cost, you do have to complete one trade, which will cost you about 5 dollars at the cheapest. If you fund the account with 5 dollars, and then set up a 1 time automatic payment for the next tuesday and purchase a cheap stock <$1.00 a share (RUSS will work), then you should see the money appear in a few (3-5) weeks. There should be other info on this forum if you search sharebuilder. Sharebuilder seems to allow the use of another code, even if you have an account, every several weeks.

Crazykole5 said: For those asking about cost, you do have to complete one trade, which will cost you about 5 dollars at the cheapest. If you fund the account with 5 dollars, and then set up a 1 time automatic payment for the next tuesday and purchase a cheap stock <$1.00 a share (RUSS will work), then you should see the money appear in a few (3-5) weeks. There should be other info on this forum if you search sharebuilder. Sharebuilder seems to allow the use of another code, even if you have an account, every several weeks.

How do you make a trade for $5? When I go to make a trade, I have two options: market and limit and both are $10...

Figured I would plop some money down and buy some shares of Citi and just let it sit there with this site.
Set up an account, it accepted my Costco account number.
Just have to wait for the sign up bonus now.

I think I very much prefer the instantaneousness of other stock brokers with purchasing stocks.

Just a quick note on my experience. Opened my sharebuilder account w/ the costco code on Friday. Set-up a one-time "automatic investment" ($4 for the trade, bought $1 worth of AT&T stock, so total $5 outlay) for yesterday (Tuesday). Received an email today that I had met the conditions of the offer and the $$ would be deposited in my account in 6-8 weeks.

jameswc said: do you need to have a costco membership? is this verified or can you just sign-up using the promo code?

I just got denied my bonus. FOr anyone signing up for this make sure you have a Costco membership and it is valid unitl you receive the promotion. I signed up in February for the promo, made my trade and received the email saying I qualified for the promo. My account expired at the end of February. Today I received an email from sharebuilder saying my bonus was denied. They do check your membership so only go for it if you have a valid costco card.

Thanks I just setup an account.

TribeTime said: Just a quick note on my experience. Opened my sharebuilder account w/ the costco code on Friday. Set-up a one-time "automatic investment" ($4 for the trade, bought $1 worth of AT&T stock, so total $5 outlay) for yesterday (Tuesday). Received an email today that I had met the conditions of the offer and the $$ would be deposited in my account in 6-8 weeks.

I couldn't figure out out how to make a trade for $5. Thanks for the info, this helped a lot.

Just a quick question as I just recently signed up for this bonus & made my first trade so that I qualify. Do they just deposit the money in your cash portion of your account??

It's time to close this account but I'm having some trouble with it. I have to sell a small portion of CVX and it has been sitting on a market order for a few hours already with no good result. Apparently the portion of stock is so small it is hard to sell. Has anybody dealt with this situation?

mt2va said: Just a quick question as I just recently signed up for this bonus & made my first trade so that I qualify. Do they just deposit the money in your cash portion of your account??
Yes. I've already withdrawn the bonus.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014