QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

National City Checking Account - $75 Gift Card with your deposit of $50, setup dd, & 10 check card purchases.

First page
Last page
1 of 1
gipson
3/18/09 12:04 AM
$75 GC Bonus Here!

Open a checking account. Get a $75 Visa® Gift Card.*

It's really easy, just:

1. Apply online or call 1-866-844-0056 to open your checking account by 03/31/09.

2. Set up direct deposit of your entire paycheck (of at least $250) into your account within the first 60 days - click the tab below to see how our Switch Service can help.

3. Get a free National City Visa CheckCard** and make at least 10 purchases within the first 60 days.

This limited time offer ends March 31, 2009.
WikiPost
3/18/09 12:04 AM
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Chyvan
3/18/09 1:58 AM
While this isn't the best new account offer I've seen, I really appreciate you posting something that can put money in my pocket rather than an article or Dear Abby posting.
mimi6789
3/18/09 3:07 AM
*$75 Gift Card bonus offer available for new National City personal checking accounts opened by 03/31/09, with a minimum of $50 not currently on deposit at National City . Offer limited to one per household and available only to households that have not closed a National City or PNC checking account within the last 60 days and do not have an existing personal checking account at National City or PNC. To qualify for bonus, a Visa® CheckCard must be issued to you, an ACH direct deposit of your entire payroll, pension or Social Security benefit of at least $250 must be received, and at least 10 purchases made with your CheckCard posted to your checking account within 60 days of account opening. Your checking account must remain open in order for you to receive the $75 Gift Card which will be mailed to you within 60 days after all conditions have been met. $75 bonus is subject to 1099 reporting. Depending on the account type selected, you may earn interest on your checking account. For example, the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Elite Checking is 1.00% as of 1/27/09. The rate may change before and after an account is opened. Fees could reduce account earnings. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer and may be withdrawn at any time. Online applications for a checking account are limited to residents of FL, IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, OH, PA and WI.

** For all personal checking accounts, fees are assessed for international CheckCard and ATM transactions. Depending on the account type selected fees may be assessed for using a non-National City ATM.

Does any one have experience with the "Offer limited to one per household" restriction?
ThePessimist
3/18/09 8:28 AM
gipson said:

2. Set up direct deposit of your entire paycheck (of at least $250) into your account within the first 60 days - click the tab below to see how our Switch Service can help.

Just a note: their "Switch Service" is a joke. You sign a limited power of attorney so they can request that everyone who direct deposits or direct debits your account switch over to using your National City account. You still have to dig up the contact and account information for everyone, and many companies won't accept NC's request on your behalf. It's nice marketing, but it's much easier to just do yourself.

That said, I've been generally happy with NC, except of course for their rates. My wife insists on having a local bank with a drive-through, and I have to admit it does come in handy frequently.
mlayu
3/18/09 9:46 AM
Thanks, OP! Seems like a lot of work compared to M&T $100 or PNC $75 bonus. But I'll try to get this.
Crazykole5
3/31/09 5:37 PM
mlayu said:

Thanks, OP! Seems like a lot of work compared to M&T $100 or PNC $75 bonus. But I'll try to get this.

As far as I know, there is no "sneaky" way to get the bonus short of setting up an ACTUAL direct deposit. Fortunately, since most don't, it isn't that much of a pain to switch direct deposit for this one bonus. I got in on the $150 gift card deal at the end of last year and it definitely did come!
First page
Last page
1 of 1
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.