• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I started using OptionsHouse recently and am very happy with the performance and price. Still have a Zecco account that will be collecting dust from now on IMO.

In process of transferring Scotttrade accounts to optionhouse.. $$ savings add up..

welookgoodcom said: In process of transferring Scotttrade accounts to optionhouse.. $$ savings add up..

smart move...you will like Options House

The only thing with OptionHouse... Still trying to figure out if they allow bond buying/selling. They charge for it.. But I can't find it within their interface

welookgoodcom said: The only thing with OptionHouse... Still trying to figure out if they allow bond buying/selling. They charge for it.. But I can't find it within their interface

I looked into switching to OptionsHouse from Scottrade a while back. I didn't. IIRC, bond trades are by phone only. They don't allow it electronically.

What would get me to switch from Scottrade would be a good broker that also allows cheap bond trades (corporate and treasuries). Anybody know of one? I haven't been able to find one.

It all depends on what the individual is looking for with the brokerage (everything in one basket, separate services for trading different assets, etc). At the moment, I'm only using OH for stocks and I've been happy with the service. The customer service is excellent (never had to wait more than 1 min to get a hold of someone whether through live chat or phone), the trading research tools they offer are more than fair for their competitive commission rates. Some people mentioned about the $.01/share for penny stocks - but even so, that is still low compared to its competitors. The main thing that I would like them to improve on is the streamer on the interface. You can load their stream chart tool for live quotes, but you must load it via java. It would be great if the watchlist has a live stream so there's no need to refresh manually. Overall, I'm satisfied with their service thus far and I'd recommend it.

Until the end of the year, there's a deal (code FREE100) for 100 free commission free trades, stocks or options, within 60 days of account funding. Sounds like something that could be worth a lot to anyone who trades options in bulk. (A pass through fee does apply for index options, though.)

Just opened an OH account. Not a fan of the layout but I guess I'll take the 100 free trades...

I am now using OH for stocks and will retain TOS for mutual funds (3 free trades a month).

isnt scottrade expensive for bond trading?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014