QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

OptionsHouse 2.95 Trades - Any feedback?

First page
1 of 7
welookgoodcom
3/23/09 12:44 PM
There are lots of threads about brokers but none really covering Option House. They have 2.95 Equity trades.

Anyone have any feedback on them?
WikiPost
3/23/09 12:44 PM
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
NewToFatWalletUser
3/23/09 7:49 PM
I switched to OptionsHouse from Scottrade.

I like them, though their price on options is higher than ThinkOrSwim...too high in my opinion.

They've been great for me, I'm paying a lot less than the $7 commissions I was at Scottrade. The only downside is a lot of changes to your account must be done via e-mail because there is no web interface for it.

I'll recommend OptionsHouse.
mobilebuddha
3/24/09 5:24 PM
can you withdraw money via ACH? you can NOT do that with Scottrade.
craig10x
3/24/09 10:35 PM
I have OptionsHouse and also highly recommend them...i like them better then Fidelity or Schwab or Etrade (all of which i have previously been with)....Very nice trading platform..fast executions....responsive customer service both on the phone and e-mail.....and $2.95 trades for stocks and etfs..they also have dividend re-investment (by request)...

For your regular brokerage (non-ira) they even give you free access to Maxit...which tracks your buys and sells for cost basis purposes and even generates a schedule D for you each year (this is normally a pay extra premium feature)...And they have a good ACH transfer system for your linked outside accounts....
YuDog
3/25/09 8:59 AM
NewToFatWalletUser said:

I switched to OptionsHouse from Scottrade.

I like them, though their price on options is higher than ThinkOrSwim...too high in my opinion.

They've been great for me, I'm paying a lot less than the $7 commissions I was at Scottrade. The only downside is a lot of changes to your account must be done via e-mail because there is no web interface for it.

I'll recommend OptionsHouse.

How is a flat rate of 9.95 per option trade more than a per contract price at thinkorswim? If you're trading more than 5 or 6 contracts, it's already more than optionshouse.
ldthinh
3/25/09 10:59 AM
craig10x said:

I have OptionsHouse and also highly recommend them...i like them better then Fidelity or Schwab or Etrade (all of which i have previously been with)....Very nice trading platform..fast executions....responsive customer service both on the phone and e-mail.....and $2.95 trades for stocks and etfs..they also have dividend re-investment (by request)...

For your regular brokerage (non-ira) they even give you free access to Maxit...which tracks your buys and sells for cost basis purposes and even generates a schedule D for you each year (this is normally a pay extra premium feature)...And they have a good ACH transfer system for your linked outside accounts....

Hi Craig10x,
I just opened an account with OH. Can we use their ACH for free in both directions?
Thanks
craig10x
3/25/09 12:11 PM
Hi! I think you will enjoy being with them...it is a really nice set-up
And to answer your question: yep..their ach transfers are free in both directions.....you can easily add external accounts and they send "test deposit links" to get them activated.....though when you want to remove a bank from your list, you would need to e-mail them to remove it.....
Their platform is really neat and very attractive looking...everything all on one main page....and i just love those $2.95 trades
welookgoodcom
4/11/09 1:16 PM
Anyone have them for an IRA as well?
craig10x
4/11/09 3:50 PM
welookgoodcom said:

Anyone have them for an IRA as well?

I do..i have both the regular and ira accounts and use them for both...I really like the trading interface, customer service and $2.95 trades....
First page
1 of 7
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.