Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Penfed - 2.99% BT for the life of your balance - starting 4/1

17 of 35
ecjjones
4/13/09 12:27 PM
I currently use my penfed plat card, as my main CashBack card and pay off the balance each month.

If I do a balance transfer for the 2.99%, and pay off my balance of my other monthly charges, how will the credit my card?

Anyone know?

I don't want to do a BT if Im going to get screwed on how they apply my payments, KWIM?
psychoslowmatic
4/13/09 1:04 PM
They'll apply it to the lower APR balances first. Ask for some of your line to get split to a new platinum travel rewards card and do the transfer from that one.
Sintax
4/13/09 2:07 PM
Can I have a Platinum cash rewards and Travel rewards card?
rdsgonzo13
4/13/09 7:00 PM
Anyone know if PenFed allows you to directly deposit the BT in your checking account or check card? If not, does Citibank still allow you to get a credit balance back?
Proudparentof4
4/13/09 7:20 PM
Penfed will consider a bt to your checking account a cash advance and that has different terms. Citibank will allow a credit balance back but I would not make it too much or they may cause you trouble.
rdsgonzo13
4/13/09 7:54 PM
What if you try to use your check card? Will it work that way?
Unhindered
4/14/09 5:17 PM
VeryBadENGINEER said:

Can BT offer be applied directly to a mortgage, or have to do a detour with another CC?

It seems it can be applied directly. I just called in, gave the account number and mailing address for my countrywide mortgage, and he said I'll se the adjustments within 3 days. So far so good.
americano
4/15/09 4:03 PM
Unhindered said:

It seems it can be applied directly. I just called in, gave the account number and mailing address for my countrywide mortgage, and he said I'll se the adjustments within 3 days. So far so good.

Good information
rajesh01
4/16/09 8:22 AM
Unhindered said:

VeryBadENGINEER said:

Can BT offer be applied directly to a mortgage, or have to do a detour with another CC?

Are you sure about it. I spoke to Penfed earlier and they said it is considered as cash advance! I am confused now!! Every rep has their own opinion!!!

Can anyone confirm this please? Thanks.
SUCKISSTAPLES
4/16/09 8:25 AM
Just send it to any of your credit cards where you get no fee BT checks or a capped fee BT deal.
17 of 35
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.