Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Penfed - 2.99% BT for the life of your balance - starting 4/1

5 of 35
ajf3
3/30/09 6:17 PM
So... for option #4, if my dad was in the Navy - but not a member of penfed, do I qualify? He's no longer my legal guardian, nor do I live with him.

Family Member or Housemate
Immediate family, roommate, legal guardian...
New2Housing
3/30/09 6:30 PM
Website?
whoDean
3/30/09 6:33 PM
This thread spurred me to finally enroll with PenFed, looking to refinance my car to 3.99% to save $100 a month and get a $50K CC for 2.99%/life, thanks OP.
nybw51mr42
3/30/09 6:38 PM
If I am not a member of Penfed yet, is it better to open an account first then apply for the card, or do it all at once? Does having an account first make it more likely to get approved or get a higher credit limit?
jclookey
3/30/09 7:48 PM
I'm curious what kinda limits they tend to give... I'm ~75k income, ~690+/- 10 fako score... one CC above 80% utilization if that matters
ChemEngGuy
3/30/09 8:00 PM
internetle said:

Did a credit limit increase online, go from 10K to 50K no problem at all. Sweet, can't wait for the 2.99% deal.

How do you do this? Ive scoured the website and cant find anywhere to request a CLI.
copernicus1
3/30/09 8:07 PM
ChemEngGuy said:

internetle said:

Did a credit limit increase online, go from 10K to 50K no problem at all. Sweet, can't wait for the 2.99% deal.

How do you do this? Ive scoured the website and cant find anywhere to request a CLI.

Click the [+] next to your credit card on the main Accounts tab, then a panel will open up. On the right side of the panel is a "Change Credit Limit" text link.

Note that you do have to check a box to agree at the bottom of the form:

"I expressly authorize any person, partnership, credit reporting agency, association, firm, corporation, or personnel office or officer, upon your request, to furnish you a credit report or other information concerning me relevant to the review and evaluation of this application or any subsequent re-evaluation thereof whether it be this application or the resulting loan."

Not sure if that is a soft pull, hard pull, or no pull at all.
ChemEngGuy
3/30/09 8:15 PM
So do you just reapply for another credit card, just with a larger limit?//

//Disregard. Saw the answer in a context menu.
CardinalDeal
3/30/09 9:58 PM
Pretty sure it is a hard pull. Plus, when it comes to CLI, they have been somewhat anal - even during the days of easy credit. But it's worth to try, to get a better advantage of this deal. I personally don't mind burning an inquiry, to see if I get a CLI.
Alamgirian6329
3/30/09 10:46 PM
Would this be a promotional offer or stay on the card for LIFe of the card, IF i opened an account on April 1st, the date of the promotion ?

Secondly, do i need to be a member of PenFed in order ot have their credit card (by donating to NMFA or is there any other way) or can anyone apply ?

Thanks
5 of 35
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.