Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Penfed - 2.99% BT for the life of your balance - starting 4/1

First page
1 of 35
glenatuf
3/28/09 2:56 PM
Starting 4/1: Balance Transfer your credit card debt to penfed and it will be 2.99% for the life of the balance.

I was calling to consolidate some debts for a friend and was asking about the 5.99% BT for life they've had on their site forever. The lady I was speaking with was nice enough to tell me about this offer. The rate for the same exact deal will be 2.99% starting on 4/1.

For people in this situation (lots of CC debt) this is a great deal IMHO.

-Glen
WikiPost
3/28/09 2:56 PM
Still not a PenFed member? Option #7 is best option for those of us with no military connections. For option #7, note that a $20 membership is all it takes for lifetime credit union membership. ("Membership in NMFA does not need to be maintained in order to maintain membership in Pentagon Federal Credit Union.")
andersonc posted the following: [Offer is] only available to Platinum cardholders; however, ... you can convert your existing account to Platinum with a simple form.

If you already have a Pentagon Federal credit card with at least a $5000 credit limit and wish to upgrade to either Visa Gold or Platinum, use these forms:

Upgrade to Platinum with no CL increase: form
Upgrade to Platinum with a CL increase: form (use this if you have less than a 5k line)

NOTE: Upgrade may close existing account per Apr 3rd Post

This card has high acceptance standards
beatnik28
3/28/09 3:35 PM
Great deal.

Chalk another one up for PenFed.
Xstation
3/28/09 3:51 PM
Is this an April Fool's joke?
InflatableWallet
3/28/09 3:52 PM
BT fees?
beatnik28
3/28/09 4:14 PM
If the terms are the same as the current 5.99% BT promo:

A fee of 2.5% (min. $10max. $100)

link to current offer
Stabs
3/28/09 10:40 PM
This will be good for any of their credit cards right?
Precept
3/28/09 10:46 PM
This is so tempting with high student loans...I know I shouldn't though.
studiddy
3/29/09 3:07 AM
Precept said:

I'm in the same boat. This could potentially save a ton of money, but losing the ability to stop paying when I go back to school would suck ass. Then again, this would get paid off a lot sooner...
lotusgardener
3/29/09 9:27 AM
studiddy said:

Precept said:

I'm in the same boat. This could potentially save a ton of money, but losing the ability to stop paying when I go back to school would suck ass. Then again, this would get paid off a lot sooner...

Just put your non-staffords on the CC. Interest is going to accrue anyways, so you might as well keep paying whether you're in school or not.
First page
1 of 35
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.