Penfed - 2.99% BT for the life of your balance - starting 4/1

Last page
35 of 35
retmil
9/1/09 2:25 PM
MattT said:

I'm seeing 5.9

What is the next best thing out there?

I think it is 4.9 for the platinum card and 5.9 for the regular card? I think this is as good as it gets for lifetime of balance offers right now.
MattT
9/1/09 4:08 PM
I see 5.9 for the platinum card... no 4.9 -- I'm trying for the Barclay's 0% for 12 months @ $75 max out of pocket... We'll see...
erinm
9/10/09 8:49 AM
Penfed finally raised my limit.... now the deal is dead though.

I did find out the reason they wouldn't raise my limit before was because my account was less than 1 year old. It just turned 1 today.
SuperG03
9/10/09 4:17 PM
erinm said:

Penfed finally raised my limit.... now the deal is dead though.

I did find out the reason they wouldn't raise my limit before was because my account was less than 1 year old. It just turned 1 today.

Nice, congrats on the limit raise. How much did you go from and to? Did you call and ask, or do it online? Thanks.

SuperG03
Trojan35
9/27/09 3:22 PM
Gotta love Penfed. Great service. Was a major PITA to get approved for a CC but well worth it.
10/8/09 9:34 AM
Just received an email with a link to this news notice that Penfed is changing from a fixed rate on their CC's to a variable one. This shouldn't affect the lifetime BT's should it? Thinking they are just changing their regular rate and not the "special" one for BTs...

https://www.penfed.org/news/extra/extra.asp
DaveHanson
10/8/09 10:27 AM
0073735963 said:

This shouldn't affect the lifetime BT's should it?

Nope. Don't default, you'll keep your fixed rate on the promotional balance. Only new purchases (which you shouldn't be making if you're carrying a BT) will carry the variable rate.
Menx
11/13/09 10:02 AM
man, i had everything approved for the 2.99 but never ended up doing the BT. sad puppy now.
Last page
35 of 35
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.