• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I saw this offer when I logged on to BofA to check my credit card balance.

Get $75 and Free MyAccess Checking when you open your account online.

As a Bank of America credit card customer, you're already familiar with the ease and convenience of our Online Banking services. Open a new MyAccess Checking account today and enjoy online access to both your checking and credit card accounts virtually anywhere, any time. Paying your credit card bill has never been easier.
$75 when you open a new MyAccess Checking account online.
* No monthly maintenance fee, no minimum balance, no direct deposit required
* Manage your accounts easily with free Online Banking service with free Bill Pay
* Access to Customer Service 24/7 online or by phone
* Free Bank of America Visa® Check Card with Total Security Protection Package

Opening an account is easy and takes just a few minutes. Sign up today to take advantage of this limited-time, online-only offer for Bank of America credit card customers. Make sure Offer Code CH75OL1 appears in the application.

The fine print:

You will receive your $75 credit to your new account within 50 days of opening your new personal checking account online. Limit one $75 incentive per household every 6 months. This is a special offer to existing Bank of America credit card customers and only valid only for new MyAccess Checking® accounts. This offer does not apply to current checking customers or student checking accounts. You must use the Offer Code CH75OL1 and fund your account with the $125 minimum opening deposit requirement within 30 days in order to qualify for this offer. We may report the value of any premium to the IRS. This offer expires on 12/4/2009. This offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time without notice. The $75.00 credit can only be made to your new account. This new account must be still open at this time to receive your $75.00 credit. Reproduction, purchase, sale, transfer or trade of this online-only offer and use of offer code CH75OL1 is prohibited. MyAccess Checking® has no monthly maintenance fee when opened online. Other account related service fees still apply.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I've done this three times so far:

1. Open account with $125 initial deposit.
2. Wait for $75 bonus to post.
3. Withdrawal ... (more)

nullterm (Aug. 08, 2009 @ 9:06p) |

I see quotes like this all the time. Can I ask what makes $75 for a hard pull not worth it? Doesn't a hard pull hurt y... (more)

nullterm (Aug. 08, 2009 @ 9:11p) |

The $75 bonus posted to my account 8/21/2009 (59 days after I opened it). I withdrew most of the $125 initial deposit a... (more)

govenar (Aug. 23, 2009 @ 5:44p) |

In spite of being logged in to the card account, Experian hard pull.

CAREFUL, fee schedule when openning account says that Direct Deposit IS REQUIRED after June. Either that or a minimum balance ($1500). If you don't have these in June, then you will be charged $8.95/month.

HOWEVER, the promotion T&C's say this: "MyAccess Checking® has no monthly maintenance fee when opened online."
YMMV.

Full terms and conditions of the offer:
You will receive your $75 credit to your new account within 50 days of opening your new personal checking account online. Limit one $75 incentive per household every 6 months. This is a special offer to existing Bank of America credit card customers and only valid only for new MyAccess Checking® accounts. This offer does not apply to current checking customers or student checking accounts. You must use the Offer Code CH75OL1 and fund your account with the $125 minimum opening deposit requirement within 30 days in order to qualify for this offer. We may report the value of any premium to the IRS. This offer expires on 12/4/2009. This offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time without notice. The $75.00 credit can only be made to your new account. This new account must be still open at this time to receive your $75.00 credit. Reproduction, purchase, sale, transfer or trade of this online-only offer and use of offer code CH75OL1 is prohibited. MyAccess Checking® has no monthly maintenance fee when opened online. Other account related service fees still apply.

For reference, older $75 BofA bonus offer here
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You might want to put in the headline that this is for existing BoA credit card customers only (and who don't already have a BoA checking account).

hard pull ?

I did this last time and they were late paying me the $75 bonus (about 40 days late), though I did get it.

This deal is for credit card customers, but I went ahead and updated the headline.

bakalao2k said: This deal is for credit card customers, but I went ahead and updated the headline.Its not for "existing customers", its for existing credit card holders. Existing checking customers are excluded.

does it come out as an add? i don't see the offer when i log in

ihuazai said: does it come out as an add? i don't see the offer when i log in

When you sign in, it is in a grey box labeled "Special Offers & New Accounts" as:
"(New) Get $75 and free MyAccess Checking® when you open online. Learn more."

Thanks OP! Just openned a MyAccessChecking!

Anyone else notice the strange terms and conditions for fees? They require (after June 9th 2009) to have Direct Deposit to avoid fees (despite the ad saying that this a NO FEES account, not requiring direct deposit).

It really is no wonder that they're giving you $75 in order to charge you $8.95 a month, yikes. Either way I'll take it.

zhsa said: hard pull ?Mrs J took one for the team... Experian pull (even though she was logged into her card account).

Updated QS.

ETA (from the prior thread a venerable FW member):
I thought this would be a great deal. Unfortunately, the credit check (soft inquiry) in connection with my application alerted BOA that I was in the middle of an AOR. They denied my checking account and closed all of my credit card accounts. I had available credit of $500K and outstanding balance transfers of $250K at 0%. I called them and offered to show that I had adequate funds to pay the credit cards. Not interested. The CSR was like a broken record. I had more credit available than my income would support, I had applied to several cards in a short period of time, and I had high outstanding balances. Nothing else mattered. So, my advice to those considering this $75 bonus is to carefully evaluate your prospects of losing all BOA credit cards if checking your credit spooks BOA. My HHI is $132K.

hard pull, not good.

this is odd. I took advantage of this offer 1.5 year ago (logged in to my credit card account online and applied for myAccess checking), and there was no hard pull.

They nagged me with the $5 monthly fee for missing DD a few months later, even though the offer explicitly stated that DD was not required. Called in and the rep refunded the fee and applied a waiver in my account.

busterbaxter said: this is odd. I took advantage of this offer 1.5 year ago (logged in to my credit card account online and applied for myAccess checking), and there was no hard pull.

They nagged me with the $5 monthly fee for missing DD a few months later, even though the offer explicitly stated that DD was not required. Called in and the rep refunded the fee and applied a waiver in my account.

No hard pull here, YMMV...

Let some of the TARP money come my way. Over the years BOA has given me about $900 in myAccess Checking.

hard pull Equifax.

Ahh, the bi-yearly $75 offer! I rinse and repeat this every six months. I saw the DD clause, but I also printed out the special online offer where it says no fees. As for the posting of the bonus, sometimes I get it in days, and sometimes it takes numerous emails, but I've always gotten my bonus from them in the end.

Some of us have earned in the thousand of dollars on BOA bonus offers in the last few years. They're very generous.

I think Ba is LIER I did that last time that if i opened a checking no monthly charges, but it all LIE
after a month they charged me fee each month. Dont trust BA this is false ADS

hard pull for me! not worth it.

Thanks - I talked my wife into doing it last time so now it is my turn. Appreciate the heads up on the deal reappearing. Thanks OP

cutevera said: I think Ba is LIER I did that last time that if i opened a checking no monthly charges, but it all LIE
after a month they charged me fee each month. Dont trust BA this is false ADS

Same thing happened to me as well. Luckily, I still had the print out, and the branch wavied the fee as 'one time exception'. They pointed on my print out told me that "offer can be terminated at any time". Save a print out while apply on line.

125 bonus
Disclaimer
Approved 4/10/2009

Have any recent applicants seen the following posted in their transaction detail?

Counter credit $125? Is that the bonus amount?

Nevermind ... it was my opening deposit. Crap it's gettin hard to keep track of all these bonus accounts

thanks guys! just applied and was approved. this is like my 3rd time applying for a $75 bonus checking acct from BofA. easiest $75 ever.

Thanks for this. I needed a new bank to dump coins into....

Just applied. I see nothing about a direct deposit requirement or $8.95 fee after June.

Features
Special Online Only Offer - no monthly maintenance fee
No minimum balance required
Unlimited check writing
Free Online Banking Service with Bill Pay
Check Card with Photo Security® option
Easy and unlimited access to your funds using Bank of America ATMs, Online Banking and Banking by Phone
Overdraft protection available from a linked savings account, line of credit, or credit card
Check Safekeeping
Check Card with Total Security Protection®
Pricing
MyAccess Checking has no monthly maintenance fee when opened online.

as i have been telling them here...it doesn't affect any accounts that are opened online and don't have any maintenance fee or dd requirement..in the past, or in the present (newly opened accounts)....bet we will still see posts here: "how dare they charge me now...i am closing my accounts with them" (LOL)

i guess some people just don't know how to read....

That was in the other thread, of course....but your posting about just opening the account...reminded me of that other thread where they were talking about BOA My Access Checking raising it's monthly fee if you didn't meet the min balance or dd requirement.....

If you open a myAccess account online, there is no monthly fee, no minimum balance requirement, no direct deposit requirement nor any other requirements.

The monthly service fee only applies if you open your myAccess account by phoning in or visiting a branch.

I think there is some confusion about fees starting in June because there is fee increase June and also a new way to avoid the fee (minimumm balance requirement) in June. Of course this does not apply to those who opened a myAccess account ONLINE.

The following ONLY applies if you open your myAccess account via PHONE or at a BRANCH.

Monthly Service Charge:
$5.95

Effective with statement periods beginning on or after June 5, 2009, the monthly service charge changes to: $8.95

How to avoid the Monthly Service Charge:

Have at least one qualifying direct deposit made to your account each statement period.

Effective with statement periods beginning on or after June 5, 2009, meet one of the following requirements during each statement period:

* Have at least one qualifying direct deposit made to your account each statement period.
* Maintain an average daily balance of $1,500 or more in your account.

Their fee structures are complex and you may no want to argue with them (or master their complex rules).

My experience is that their free account opened on line MYAccess limited me to one free teller visit per quarter. Any use of a teller beyond that had a service charge. After talking to a branch manager, I was able to convert to a account that was free with direct deposit.

The account was originally opened in a state with no branches (La.) and their apparent belief was that such accounts would be low cost since branch visits would be rare (tellers do cost money). Katrina flooded me out and fund myself living where there was a BOA branch as the closest bank and with a wife who would not bother to use ATM's etc. to avoid teller use.

For the DC area there have been two offers from local banks (M&T Bank $100 bonus for new account and Chevy Chase bank two hotel nights) leaving me with two new local banks, plus CITI)which can be used for local services
(I use Schwab Bank for most banking since the rates and phone service is so much better). Perhaps it is time for those in similar situations to close their BOA checking accounts, reserving the chance of being induced to open a new one if they offer a bonus or become competitive in other ways.

that's strange..i have My Access Checking (opened online) and don't get charged any fee for using a teller as much as i want......never heard of that before.....

Do they actually check if you already have another checking account with them? Has anyone who already is a BoA checking customer gotten the $75 credit?

lookoutbelow said: Do they actually check if you already have another checking account with them? Has anyone who already is a BoA checking customer gotten the $75 credit?

I'll let you know when / if I see it. I had a MyAccess Checking with them, closed it, opened this account two weeks later.

got my $75 today!

ditto

Yep, me too

Likewise. Thanks OP.

The $125 initial deposit doesn't need to be kept in the account the whole time, right?

Also, they changed the terms of the offer to say 90 days to get the credit instead of 50.

I've done this three times so far:

1. Open account with $125 initial deposit.
2. Wait for $75 bonus to post.
3. Withdrawal all $200 in branch.
4. Deposit money in a real bank that doesn't charge you fees every time you blink.
5. Cancel account over phone.
6. Repeat.

shop2002 said: hard pull for me! not worth it.

I see quotes like this all the time. Can I ask what makes $75 for a hard pull not worth it? Doesn't a hard pull hurt your score by just 0-5 points?

govenar said: The $125 initial deposit doesn't need to be kept in the account the whole time, right?
Also, they changed the terms of the offer to say 90 days to get the credit instead of 50.

The $75 bonus posted to my account 8/21/2009 (59 days after I opened it). I withdrew most of the $125 initial deposit a few days after opening, so there's no need to keep the initial deposit in the account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014